Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2007, 04:09 PM   #201
zero_cool

Member Garage

all legal bs asside, some boogabear comesa breakin into my property, they are leavin in a bag. , i'll throw a knife in his hand and say he was foaming at the mouth.

Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"dirtbike" riders running from the cops ScooterTrash General Discussion (Moto Related) 54 06-13-2010 11:22 PM
Cops: I-Phone app that warns you about traffic cameras and speed traps is "cowardly". Racer997 General Discussion (Moto Related) 35 07-18-2009 02:21 AM
The "cops words" stright out of there mouths about sport bikes Lee General Discussion (Moto Related) 44 12-25-2006 01:18 PM
fyi: for the "runners" amongst us. RACER X General Discussion (Moto Related) 26 09-08-2006 01:33 PM
Advertisement
Old 05-03-2007, 04:11 PM   #202
Faylaricia
The Comtesse

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'02 Honda VFR800

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero_cool
all legal bs asside, some boogabear comesa breakin into my property, they are leavin in a bag. , i'll throw a knife in his hand and say he was foaming at the mouth.
I think you are replying to a wrong thread. This thread was about the last supreme court ruling and how cops can run fleeing reckless dumbasses off the street now. Got anything else to say about that?!
Old 05-03-2007, 04:13 PM   #203
zero_cool

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faylaricia
Yup, you are irrational ... I think jus10 already covered that too. If you have to get personal, I guess you already ran out real arguments. Man, that was quick.
you threw the first punch on personal buisness sweetheart by incenuating that i'm a criminal because i forgot court date for a speeding ticket. i figured there would be no reasoning with you so i said fu<k it. (no pun intended)

Old 05-03-2007, 04:15 PM   #204
zero_cool

Member Garage

Quote:
I think you are replying to a wrong thread. This thread was about the last supreme court ruling and how cops can run fleeing reckless dumbasses off the street now. Got anything else to say about that?!
nope, i did all my venting 7 pages back. this threads officially been whored.

Old 05-03-2007, 04:15 PM   #205
Texmex1
Bzzzzzzzzz

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
`
03 Ruckus
77 MT125R
89 GB500
2015 Xbox One

"my friends fourwheeler was stolen right off his front porch last night"

and if the officer at the front had seen the theft, chased them down, what tune would you be singing now?

Why was it not in the garage? Just curious, seems like an invite for a theft...
Old 05-03-2007, 04:15 PM   #206
Longnguyen

yes......the cop can counter sue for increase his heartrate 100 percent during the chase and giving him nightmares that could affect his job now. =P hahahah
Old 05-03-2007, 04:16 PM   #207
Faylaricia
The Comtesse

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
'02 Honda VFR800

Quote:
you threw the first punch on personal buisness sweetheart by incenuating that i'm a criminal because i forgot court date for a speeding ticket. i figured there would be no reasoning with you so i said fu<k it. (no pun intended)
You posted it! I didn't assume anything. By the way, I am not your Sweetheart and not your Sister.
Old 05-03-2007, 04:26 PM   #208
zero_cool

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texmex1
"my friends fourwheeler was stolen right off his front porch last night"

and if the officer at the front had seen the theft, chased them down, what tune would you be singing now?

Why was it not in the garage? Just curious, seems like an invite for a theft...
they live out in the boonies and don't have a garage. they had it chained to a pole under their carport.

i guess had the cop seen the theft and chased them down, they would have most likely ran at which point the cop would almost certianlly ram the back of the fourwheeler, killing the driver. for real though, if the cop gave 2 chits, about peoples property being stolen, they would routinly patrol the neighborhood, especially since it has a high rate of crime. instead they choose to post up on the freeway and give out bs traffic tickets all day. and i mean a*l*l* d*a*y*

Old 05-03-2007, 04:28 PM   #209
zero_cool

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longnguyen
yes......the cop can counter sue for increase his heartrate 100 percent during the chase and giving him nightmares that could affect his job now. =P hahahah
hey, on another note. my aunt tells me ALL Harris Co. Sheriffs are going to have to pass a mando. p.t. test pretty soon or they are getting cut. i guess they are loosin too many criminals in foot persutes:icon_bigg

Old 05-03-2007, 04:29 PM   #210
zero_cool

Member Garage

Quote:
You posted it! I didn't assume anything. By the way, I am not your Sweetheart and not your Sister.
sorry mom...

j/k
imma leave you alone now, im having too much fun ruffling your feathers

Old 05-03-2007, 04:52 PM   #211
Skid

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
CBR600RR

Quote:
i have asked several officers and they have told me its illegal unless your life is in immediate danger. said the burgelar of his family could come back and sue you.
So, as I gather you are saying that you feel that you should have the right to shoot someone for breaking the law taking you personal belongings, but don't feel that it is right for them to be able to sue you after the fact. Is this correct?

If so, what is the difference between this and someone running from the cops (breaking the law) putting innocent people at risk and the cops using the pit maneuver only to be sued afterward? It sounds like you are arguing both sides of the coin.

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
Old 05-03-2007, 05:33 PM   #212
zero_cool

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skid
So, as I gather you are saying that you feel that you should have the right to shoot someone for breaking the law taking you personal belongings, but don't feel that it is right for them to be able to sue you after the fact. Is this correct?

If so, what is the difference between this and someone running from the cops (breaking the law) putting innocent people at risk and the cops using the pit maneuver only to be sued afterward? It sounds like you are arguing both sides of the coin.
i never said anything about someone sueing a cop for injuring them while running. my whole ideology is if a cop never chases a person, there are no worries of anyone getting injured, or sued for that matter. what good can come form two or more cars barreling down a traffic filled interstate? if the HPD would quicken the response time of their helecopter fleet, risky police persuites would obselete.

Old 05-03-2007, 06:39 PM   #213
train460
speed junky

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
88 v-max
05 Honda Goldwing
85 V-max (wifes)
05 Vtx 1300 (wifes)

Quote:
you can't shoot them unless your life is in danger ?
not sure if that is entirely correct.
As i remember u can shoot a person to protect person or property AT NIGHT.
can't remember tho.
Michael
88 v-max
Old 05-03-2007, 06:46 PM   #214
train460
speed junky

Bike(s):
88 v-max
05 Honda Goldwing
85 V-max (wifes)
05 Vtx 1300 (wifes)

There is NO revenue to generate in patroling neighborhoods. The speed at people travel now a traffic cop can just sit there all day and pick people one after the other. Don't have to wait for a speeder, they ALL are speeding and if u look at the back of a ticket if i remember it's over a $100 for exceeding the speed limit between 1 and 10 miles per hour. Sooooo he can give u a ticket doing 56 in a 55mph
88 v-max
Old 05-03-2007, 06:47 PM   #215
Ulric
Dirty Old

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

"not sure if that is entirely correct.
As i remember u can shoot a person to protect person or property AT NIGHT.
can't remember tho.
Michael"

...going from memory... most the stuff in regards to lethal force starts off under 'It is a defense against prosecution...' it comes down to if lethal force is justified in defending one's self then the same applies to the defense of someone else.

After 'dark' applies to personal property etc...
Old 05-03-2007, 07:18 PM   #216
flypunk
it doesn't matter

bwhahahaha.

let see so far we have I am pro-life but you will kill a burglar that comes and tries to take your property, and your only problem with that is that its illegal... not very pro life. I guess life doesnt have any meaning when measured against a buddys 4 wheeler.

Its not like you are going to have a cup of coffee with a burglar while the cops come over to get him, but you expect the same burglar to surrender voluntarily when the cops call on him.

And then again why would the cops be there when the stuff gets stolen, they can just go do more detective work and ask him to come in the next day, after he steals and kills since they can chase him or hurt him in the process.
Old 05-03-2007, 07:20 PM   #217
dr.demento

Bike(s):
05/gsxr750

Send a message via ICQ to dr.demento
Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerbill
Put a device to slow down or kill your vehicle if a cop sees fit? ARe you freak'n crazy? Man, you people trust cops and big brother waaaayyy to much. I mean why do you think our forefathers gave us the right to bear arms. Not to defend ourselves from other countries but to defend ourselves against our own government that gets to big for its britches.
Actually, I just thew that out to see how us law abiding citizens would react. After all, if we commit no wrong then what do we have to fear? Just imagine, if they could track our movements realtime from satellite then they could issue tickets more easily. Anytime you break the speed limit for a zone your ticket would arrive by mail. If you did not pay your tickets, your vehicle would be deactivated until you did. Vehicle theft, speeding, and high speed chases would be reduced greatly. The roads would be safe again. That is what we want, right? If you don't support methods of eliminating crime then you are in favor of crime...
Old 05-03-2007, 07:24 PM   #218
dr.demento

Bike(s):
05/gsxr750

Send a message via ICQ to dr.demento
Quote:
Originally Posted by kozmic
DR. DEMENTO READ: IT'S NOT THE GUNS - ITS IT'S THE PERSON(S) USING THEM FOR VIOLENCE - IF THEY CANNOT GET GUNS, THEY WILL USE THE NEXT BEST TOOL FOR THEIR MISDEEDS - YOU CANNOT REMOVE EVERY TOOL FROM SOCIETY - BUT YOU CAN REMOVE THOSE WHO WOULD USE TOOLS FOR HARMING OTHERS.

I really need to stop reading this thread already. :BangHead:
Actually, I don't believe that at all. I just like to throw a monkey wrench into the well oiled machine to make people consider the alternative. If you got rid of guns then you would have to get rid of swords, knives and finally stones!
Old 05-03-2007, 07:52 PM   #219
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Bike(s):
2006 Hayabusa (totaled)2007 Hayabusa, 2004 CRF 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerbill
Well if you want to really clean the gene pool, you should run half of the idiots in cages off the road. They try to kill me everytime I ride it seems like I just don't the cops to join lets kill bikers today legally.
I agree, but they have to include bikes in there since they are motor vehicles as well
Old 05-03-2007, 07:53 PM   #220
train460
speed junky

Bike(s):
88 v-max
05 Honda Goldwing
85 V-max (wifes)
05 Vtx 1300 (wifes)

u hear about the cops that listened via onstar to conversations going on in the car. drug dealers or killers or something like that.
but a not long before a onstar type device will be in every vehicle with some type of transmitted # so a cop within a certain distance can identify your vehicle and turn it off.
later
Michael
88 v-max
Closed Thread

Advertisement