MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2007, 12:43 PM   #1
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2006 Hayabusa (totaled)2007 Hayabusa, 2004 CRF 50

Hawgs of Texas Rally, funny story

So, my boss gives me 2 tickets of $50 a piece that he got for the Hawgs of Texas rally that he isn't going to now. He tells me there are normally a LOT of harleys but there are also quite a few sportbikes, so i figured i'd go. I take the Busa up there with my gf. We see like 3 sportbikes the whole day!!! People are pointing at us but i figure they are pointing at us because there is a girl on the back that actually looks like a girl... anyway, we stop to look at some custom bikes. This 45ish year old guy walks up to me and says," didn't you hear, no sportbikes allowed here!!" so i politely ask him where his bike is and he tells me, "it's that HARLEY over by that trailer." SO i ask him, "so you pulled it up here on the trailer," and he proudly responds with a "YES!" So i told him that i actually ride my bike to a rally instead of POSE by it!!! he got so mad and turned and walked away. A little side note, i also found it interesting that they had bike "maintenance shops" setup all over the place, must not be able to ride to a rally and back without breaking down!!! ANd they don't wave to Busa's at a harley rally but they sure do get mad when I wave then flip them the for not waving back!! and i saw a girls topless while we were behind her, they were sagging under her armpits... do they really find that to be attractive? The point of owning a harley is the bad boy image right?>>> then why do all the harleys sit and the cruise around the campground in golf carts and little vespas!?!
sbfuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My band plays saturday, plus discounted tickets to Hawgs of Texas Diderich Off Topic 0 01-04-2013 12:45 PM
2012 Hawgs of Texas Bike Rally SANCHO Cruisers Lounge 4 04-18-2012 07:58 AM
Funny story Jay Off Topic 19 12-10-2008 03:49 PM
Funny little story Squoddybody Off Topic 7 03-12-2008 02:00 PM
funny story jrock Off Topic 15 04-19-2006 12:42 AM
Advertisement
Old 04-30-2007, 12:50 PM   #2
Sinners Saint

Member Garage

I love harley guys , they remind me of those little gremlins you just want to kick in the head.
Old 04-30-2007, 12:51 PM   #3
jus10

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
KX TooNifty

if you rode a few hundred miles on a rolling paint mixer, you might want to get the off of it too!!!!
jus10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 12:52 PM   #4
Neversatisfied02

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR 1000
2007 Kawi ZX10R (SOLD)
2006 Kawi ZX6R (SOLD)
2005 Suzuki GSXR 600 (SOLD)

Lol. Yeah, i see alot of those nasty chics in about their mid 40's walking around topless at the few meets ive been to with their saggy . I guess they think it looks good but id give them 5 bucks just to put it back on! lol
Neversatisfied02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 12:55 PM   #5
Cherub
FTP

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
06 Raven R6

Member Garage

Send a message via MSN to Cherub Send a message via Yahoo to Cherub
Cause the majority of people who buy harleys now has changed. its not the bad boys, its the wannabes....for the most part.
Cherub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 12:56 PM   #6
Mr. Unassailable
1-20-2013-Change we need

Feedback Rating: (6)

Trackdays: 10+

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherub
Cause the majority of people who buy harleys now has changed. its not the bad boys, its the wannabes....for the most part.

weekend warriors mostly.
Old 04-30-2007, 12:56 PM   #7
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Bike(s):

some even left the harleys at the house and just came out with a tent and golf cart!! how is that a biker rally?!? I think they were in awe of a real performance machine, maybe that's why they pointed at us?
Old 04-30-2007, 01:00 PM   #8
Mr. Unassailable
1-20-2013-Change we need

Member Garage

i wish i woulda had the f4izzle out there.. haha.. i woulda been able to take all their daughters home LOL. where SE would be patiently waiting for them . hahahaha
Old 04-30-2007, 01:03 PM   #9
less_than_coop
SBN BMF

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
GSXR1000
2005 KTM 250sxf

stupid R.U.B.s

Khaki shirt.
less_than_coop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 01:04 PM   #10
cogs69
Mayor of Coggerville

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
79cc mini cruiser

Just remember, not all the harley people are like that. My father is a harley guy, in fact I am rebuilding his '51 panhead he has owned since he was 17 as a suprise. He won't ride anything else. While I agree I tend to run into guys that are idiots they are so die hard, we shouldn't throw ALL of them into one group. I know you guys are constantly talking about how the SS riders are constantly getting a bad wrap for the few stupid ones that don't like to follow rules. Just my two cents.
cogs69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 01:06 PM   #11
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Bike(s):

i'm not bashing ALL harley riders, just the ones that act rough and tough at a rally but will wave to you once they get out from infront of everyone else.
Old 04-30-2007, 01:08 PM   #12
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

"This 45ish year old guy walks up to me and says," didn't you hear, no sportbikes allowed here!!" so i politely ask him where his bike is and he tells me, "it's that HARLEY over by that trailer." SO i ask him, "so you pulled it up here on the trailer," and he proudly responds with a "YES!" So i told him that i actually ride my bike to a rally instead of POSE by it!!! "

That ^ was the best part... :-)
Old 04-30-2007, 01:09 PM   #13
cogs69
Mayor of Coggerville

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
79cc mini cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbfuller
i'm not bashing ALL harley riders, just the ones that act rough and tough at a rally but will wave to you once they get out from infront of everyone else.

I agree, this weekend we ran into that, if you ran accross a harley rider by himself, they usually wave, when there is a group, the look the other way, and throttle it, I guess to make a point that theirs is louder :dontknow:
cogs69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 01:09 PM   #14
Mr. Unassailable
1-20-2013-Change we need

Member Garage

not bashing guys that ride harleys... just saying alot of them are as stated. i got friends and family that rides harleys.
Old 04-30-2007, 01:12 PM   #15
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Bike(s):

i don't know why they rev it up, maybe to prove they have more decibels than horsepower!?!
Old 04-30-2007, 01:14 PM   #16
Mr. Unassailable
1-20-2013-Change we need

Member Garage

Quote:
i don't know why they rev it up, maybe to prove they have more decibels than horsepower!?!
:laughing6

wait till you see Scootertrash's ... you wont think that

his Harley is a BEAST!
Old 04-30-2007, 01:42 PM   #17
jus10

Bike(s):
KX TooNifty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayton Mnemonic
:laughing6

wait till you see Scootertrash's ... you wont think that

his Harley is a BEAST!
Yeah no !!!!!!

hear a lil' whistling noise? yeah......jus' sick
jus10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 02:11 PM   #18
josh302

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):
shotgun
rifle
4wd

Quote:
So, my boss gives me 2 tickets of $50 a piece that he got for the Hawgs of Texas rally that he isn't going to now. He tells me there are normally a LOT of harleys but there are also quite a few sportbikes, so i figured i'd go. I take the Busa up there with my gf. We see like 3 sportbikes the whole day!!! People are pointing at us but i figure they are pointing at us because there is a girl on the back that actually looks like a girl... anyway, we stop to look at some custom bikes. This 45ish year old guy walks up to me and says," didn't you hear, no sportbikes allowed here!!" so i politely ask him where his bike is and he tells me, "it's that HARLEY over by that trailer." SO i ask him, "so you pulled it up here on the trailer," and he proudly responds with a "YES!" So i told him that i actually ride my bike to a rally instead of POSE by it!!! he got so mad and turned and walked away. A little side note, i also found it interesting that they had bike "maintenance shops" setup all over the place, must not be able to ride to a rally and back without breaking down!!! ANd they don't wave to Busa's at a harley rally but they sure do get mad when I wave then flip them the for not waving back!! and i saw a girls topless while we were behind her, they were sagging under her armpits... do they really find that to be attractive? The point of owning a harley is the bad boy image right?>>> then why do all the harleys sit and the cruise around the campground in golf carts and little vespas!?!
I have been to just about every bike rally in the US, the harley riders are usually pretty cool, I sold my harley over a year ago, taken a sportbike to all the rallys, even Sturgis, never had a problem. Where was this rally?

isn't the whole idea of being a "biker" to be a rebel(non-conformist). In all actuality you are the "rebel" real biker that shows up to an all harley rally on your sportbike.
Old 04-30-2007, 02:26 PM   #19
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh302
I have been to just about every bike rally in the US, the harley riders are usually pretty cool, I sold my harley over a year ago, taken a sportbike to all the rallys, even Sturgis, never had a problem. Where was this rally?

isn't the whole idea of being a "biker" to be a rebel(non-conformist). In all actuality you are the "rebel" real biker that shows up to an all harley rally on your sportbike.
the rally was at Lake somerville, it was a pretty ride up there
Old 04-30-2007, 06:46 PM   #20
maskale

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
2005 CBR600RR Trackbike
2007 Warrior Midnight

The fact that they would not allow sport bikes at a rally tells you alot about the peope there and the ones that set it up. I went to ROT in Austin with my RR, no problems with anyone. Those cruiser guys get out of hand too and do stupid stuff.
maskale is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement