Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2007, 09:30 AM   #41
Yeah I'm flippin' YOU off
Feedback Rating: (3)

'74 Suzuki GT380
'82 XS650 StreetTracker
'10 Ducati Streetfighter
'83 Yamaha Seca 900

Originally Posted by vfracer-r
How much money do you think these track day orgs make anyway? Trust me, nobody is getting rich here.

I'm not sure which business you're referring to on your last sentence, but if you're referring to the track day orgs, you're getting a helluva deal!

If you don't think the bang for the buck is there, try renting out a track for yourself or buying a membership to a country club type track like Cresson.

All the patrons from yesterday will get to ride an event of their chosing at a later date- an exception, not the rule. None of this will make 100% of the patrons happy, making 95% of them happy is very acceptable.

Regarding the tracks, why should they reserve a date for a customer, exclude anyone else from scheduling that day, and then give them a refund for not using it? An auto club would probably not have cancelled for rainy weather, the track could still make money from them... so what should compell them to give motorcycles an "out" for weather?

Terms of service for all of these orgs state "rain or shine", that's the chance we all take.

Most of the time, orgs will be able to work with their customers (with whom they want to be happy), and can offer some sort of deal to for the weather- more often than not, the weather issues don't come until later in the day, when the whole afternoon is wet. Man, talk about some grumbling then!

It's a tough spot for organizers to be in. It takes a very savvy person to be able to keep his customers happy with adverse conditions and situations. Lucky for us, people like LSTD are doing this gig to solely promote the sport and provide time on track for riders Heaven forbid that they would start taking this on as a source of income or promote a major business, especially if you think it's expensive now...

Gettting your racing license and forming or joining an endurance team is another way to get all the track time you could possibly want too.

However, you could just complain about how "unfair" things are and be a nay-sayer about the "big business" track day promoters that have nothing on their minds other than making "big money", taking advantage of poor riders and bad weather. That's always a good avenue.

I'm sure I'll want to delete this post after that rant... maybe this'll bring the "edit" button back :icon_bigg

#1) I don't think any one is getting rich and I never indicated that I did.
#2) I was refering to other businesses that don't take your money 2 months in advance and then say tough it's raining now shut up or go home.
#3) I never said I don't think that trackdays are a bad deal, unless the weather gets bad.
#4) I indicated in a previous post that I tought that was an awesome thing for LSTD to do. (give rainchecks)
#5) The tracks should do that because they have down time occasionally and that would at least get someone out there who is now a happier customer for having the chance to get what he paid for.
#6) Those terms of service that say rain or shine is what I'm advocating that we try to change so that we don't take it in the shorts so bad when it rains
#7) That should read some of the time, I grant you that LSTD has been fair about this but not all of the orgs have been.
#8) I don't know why you are defending LSTD so hard I have'nt singled them out, I'm just wanting to better our lot in the scheme of things.
#9) Like many trackday people I am not interested in racing I just wanna play. It is the mindset that this is all about racing that needs to change.
For some of us it's all about fun with our toys.
#10) Once again I never used any thing like the term "big business" or "big money" you defend this like we should be thankful that we get screwed when it rains instead of trying to come to some compromise that benefits everyone.

Thats all I am seeking is a mutually beneficial compromise that will give us a chance to get what we pay for and the promoters and track mgmt their profit as well. If you want to attack me for that go ahead but it seems only reasonable to me that we can set things right for those who come later in this fairly new sprot of recreational trackdays.
bumblebee is offline   Reply With Quote