Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2007, 01:55 PM   #1
Blanco
BORC O.G.
 
Blanco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Cypress
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 3,075

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2013 ZX10R & 09 ZX-14
'09 R1 (homeboy shopping network donation)
'07 ZX14 (sold)
'01 FZ1 (sold)
ZRX1100 (sold)






What is your average speed in the SHF?

All,
just curious. What is your average speed through the Sam Houston Forest?
Mine is usually a steady 80-85mph all the way down. Today Kozmic and I were averaging 90mph in our second run. Pretty brisk but definitely not out of control.
Blanco is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sunday September 2nd Ride: Hwy 390 down to SHF; Spirited Pace Blanco Events, Meets and Rides 40 09-03-2012 09:02 PM
What's is your average speed down Interstate 45 DavidGsXr General Discussion (Moto Related) 37 05-24-2012 05:35 AM
Average Speed on Highway Commute specterunseen General Discussion (Moto Related) 48 05-23-2009 03:10 PM
Average Speed Cameras less_than_coop General Discussion (Moto Related) 6 09-06-2007 11:11 AM
Average Speed Camera less_than_coop General Discussion (Moto Related) 34 06-11-2007 10:54 PM
Advertisement
Old 04-29-2007, 01:57 PM   #2
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug
 
witchdoctor575's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Alvin
Feedback Rating: (11)
Posts: 23,547

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage





:BangHead:
witchdoctor575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 02:00 PM   #3
Blanco
BORC O.G.
 
Blanco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Cypress
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 3,075

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2013 ZX10R & 09 ZX-14
'09 R1 (homeboy shopping network donation)
'07 ZX14 (sold)
'01 FZ1 (sold)
ZRX1100 (sold)






Quote:
Originally Posted by witchdoctor575
:BangHead:

Meaning what?
Don't put a hex on me, please.
Blanco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 02:01 PM   #4
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug
 
witchdoctor575's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Alvin
Feedback Rating: (11)
Posts: 23,547

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage





for the last 2 weeks. We have been dropping like flies on a daily basis. Take it to the track man.
witchdoctor575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 02:03 PM   #5
Reidlos
"Share The TraCk Ya'LL"
 
Reidlos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: HoUStiN
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 853

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
Crashed-GSX-R 750, Only CARS for Now









Send a message via AIM to Reidlos Send a message via MSN to Reidlos Send a message via Yahoo to Reidlos Send a message via Skype™ to Reidlos
slow...
__________________

....If You Cant Fight Em Join Em, If You Can Convince Em Confuse Em....
a .Net Enthusiast
Reidlos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 02:11 PM   #6
Ridn'1Raven
wheelies are da deble
 
Ridn'1Raven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: soon to be Afghanistan
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 487

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 5

Bike(s):
06' R1 Raven









I've only been once and it was about 70 or 75, but I like to get home in one piece and play with my son and give my wife . Just kidding sweetheart, I love you.
__________________
sometimes the voices in my head yell back.

395408003uOihaN th440115441PDPVbn th2423715070098381328NlVSwW th
http://www.myspace.com/ridn1raven
Ridn'1Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 02:17 PM   #7
Mr. Unassailable
1-20-2013-Change we need
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Feedback Rating: (6)
Posts: 19,792

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+






Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by witchdoctor575
for the last 2 weeks. We have been dropping like flies on a daily basis. Take it to the track man.
__________________
Retired
tracksig
Mr. Unassailable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 02:18 PM   #8
Blanco
BORC O.G.
 
Blanco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Cypress
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 3,075

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2013 ZX10R & 09 ZX-14
'09 R1 (homeboy shopping network donation)
'07 ZX14 (sold)
'01 FZ1 (sold)
ZRX1100 (sold)






Quote:
Originally Posted by witchdoctor575
for the last 2 weeks. We have been dropping like flies on a daily basis. Take it to the track man.
I plan on it. Getting time in my schedule to go to one is the issue. Between work and kids, time is something that I do not have.
There is always risk when riding a bike and I am just as disturbed as anyone when reading about all of the recent incidents. I pray that the rider's families make it through these difficult times because losing a loved one is always tough.
Even when I do make it to the track, I will continue to ride on the street. Riding is a risky sport which is something that we all have to accept when we throw a leg over a bike. The best thing that we can do is ride within our limits, wear grear, and practice riding skills which is something that I do on every ride.
At 40 years old (riding since I was 17) I can not see limiting my riding to the track but I never say never.
Peace.
Blanco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 02:22 PM   #9
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug
 
witchdoctor575's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Alvin
Feedback Rating: (11)
Posts: 23,547

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by 07Blanco
I plan on it. Getting time in my schedule to go to one is the issue. Between work and kids, time is something that I do not have.
There is always risk when riding a bike and I am just as disturbed as anyone when reading about all of the recent incidents. I pray that the rider's families make it through these difficult times because losing a loved one is always tough.
Even when I do make it to the track, I will continue to ride on the street. Riding is a risky sport which is something that we all have to accept when we throw a leg over a bike. The best thing that we can do is ride within our limits, wear grear, and practice riding skills which is something that I do on every ride.
At 40 years old (riding since I was 17) I can not see limiting my riding to the track but I never say never.
Peace.
I never said ride track only. Save the out riding for that day. Yes what we do is risky but no need to multiply the risk with excessive speed. Posting this kinda thread on this board won't get you any kind of respect, yes we all have our spirited rides but no one ever posts up some thing like this because it is not a competition. If you did not want a negative opinion on your speed then you should not have posted it in here.
witchdoctor575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 02:27 PM   #10
Red
Guest
 
Posts: n/a







Member Garage





Didn't seem like he was asking for competition, just asking what is your average speed. What's wrong with that. Some one is always going to read to much in to what you write on here I guess this time it was the witchdoc.
Streat and track are both great and even better if you all come home safe. Keep it within "YOUR LIMITS"
Have fun
just my 2 cents
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 02:29 PM   #11
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug
 
witchdoctor575's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Alvin
Feedback Rating: (11)
Posts: 23,547

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by Red
Didn't seem like he was asking for competition, just asking what is your average speed. What's wrong with that. Some one is always going to read to much in to what you write on here I guess this time it was the witchdoc.
Streat and track are both great and even better if you all come home safe. Keep it within "YOUR LIMITS"
Have fun
just my 2 cents

Maybe so...I am tired of reading rider down threads. Don't mean to be on a soapbox . We need a break from the sadness.
witchdoctor575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 02:30 PM   #12
Blanco
BORC O.G.
 
Blanco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Cypress
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 3,075

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2013 ZX10R & 09 ZX-14
'09 R1 (homeboy shopping network donation)
'07 ZX14 (sold)
'01 FZ1 (sold)
ZRX1100 (sold)






Quote:
Originally Posted by witchdoctor575
I never said ride track only. Save the out riding for that day. Yes what we do is risky but no need to multiply the risk with excessive speed. Posting this kinda thread on this board won't get you any kind of respect, yes we all have our spirited rides but no one ever posts up some thing like this because it is not a competition. If you did not want a negative opinion on your speed then you should not have posted it in here.
Politely:
I am not asking for respect. I am simply asking a question and the question was not "do you respect me for going fast? nor was the question related to a competition in speed. Simple curiosity.

Do you feel better now that you have expressed your opinion?
I certainly do not mind discussion or debate. If I did, then I would not post on a public board.
Blanco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 02:33 PM   #13
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug
 
witchdoctor575's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Alvin
Feedback Rating: (11)
Posts: 23,547

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by 07Blanco
Politely:
I am not asking for respect. I am simply asking a question and the question was not "do you respect me for going fast? nor was the question related to a competition in speed. Simple curiosity.

Do you feel better now that you have expressed your opinion?
I certainly do not mind discussion or debate. If I did, then I would not post on a public board.

I guess I do...did not mean to tear you off a new one. I would hope to think that we could all slow down for a few days and let this black cloud of death move past houston and out into the gulf already.
witchdoctor575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 02:35 PM   #14
Blanco
BORC O.G.
 
Blanco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Cypress
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 3,075

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2013 ZX10R & 09 ZX-14
'09 R1 (homeboy shopping network donation)
'07 ZX14 (sold)
'01 FZ1 (sold)
ZRX1100 (sold)






Quote:
Originally Posted by witchdoctor575
I guess I do...did not mean to tear you off a new one. I would hope to think that we could all slow down for a few days and let this black cloud of death move past houston and out into the gulf already.
No worries.
I will buy you a beer (or beverage of choice) when we have an opportunity to meet.
Blanco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 02:37 PM   #15
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug
 
witchdoctor575's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Alvin
Feedback Rating: (11)
Posts: 23,547

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by 07Blanco
No worries.
I will buy you a beer (or beverage of choice) when we have an opportunity to meet.
cool.
witchdoctor575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 02:41 PM   #16
Red
Guest
 
Posts: n/a







Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by witchdoctor575
cool.
Beer might be a bad choice, since how the last thread I read was a death caused by a driver that could not handle his alchol and ran over another person.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 03:28 PM   #17
ikp460.
WHO DO VOODOO WE DO...?
 
ikp460.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Sugar Land
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,679


Bike(s):
pHiDDy









Send a message via AIM to ikp460. Send a message via MSN to ikp460.
i used to run the forest about 90 or 100 and faster in other parts i dunt run though there no more never was a fan anyways, but it beat taking 45n to huntsville.
ikp460. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 03:31 PM   #18
Mr. Unassailable
1-20-2013-Change we need
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Feedback Rating: (6)
Posts: 19,792

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+






Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by witchdoctor575
I guess I do...did not mean to tear you off a new one. I would hope to think that we could all slow down for a few days and let this black cloud of death move past houston and out into the gulf already.
watch out Del, Its coming for you!




seriously.. sounds like a solid plan.
__________________
Retired
tracksig
Mr. Unassailable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 04:14 PM   #19
dr.demento
Member
 
dr.demento's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: sw of hstntx
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 44


Bike(s):
05/gsxr750









Send a message via ICQ to dr.demento
I cant say since I never been there but since its a "forrest" and I assume there are turns with obscured views? If that is the case you really want to take it easy. That sounds much like the canyon riding some people do.

But really, I know people have been dying in accidents and people say slow down but lets be honest with ourselves--of those who do decide to slow down--it won't last but for a while. There is nothing wrong with going at a steady pace but do use common sense. If you can't see where you are going or traffic is thick, slow it down. I supose if we look at those who have died recently, they were being really dumb. e.g. the typical weaving in and out of traffic, doing 100+ in urban areas and/or with thick or heavy traffic.

The track is definately the best place... Help is already there if you need it. But if the street is all you have for the time being at least do yourself a favor and choose an appropriate time and place to ride at a more spirited pace.
__________________
"And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and followed with him." Revelation 6:8
dr.demento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 04:19 PM   #20
50cc chick
I <3 Josh
 
50cc chick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: land of sugar
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 6,207


Bike(s):
Aprilia Ride Smart 50 (SOLD)









Send a message via AIM to 50cc chick
we keep things safe around here. Save the speed for the track!!!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbfuller View Post
women just make it so hard to get... why can't you be like dogs, we walk up, sniff your , if we like it we get it right then and there!!!
50cc chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:27 PM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy