MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2014, 06:59 AM   #81
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogofWar883 View Post
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...39936311965690

Happened to me Monday night right after the MH meet.
At least they signaled. How much over the speed limit were you riding?
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Galveston Car Cruise Sunday morning j0nathan Events, Meets and Rides 0 02-15-2015 01:37 AM
patrol car fire this morning bentgixxer Off Topic 15 08-19-2010 12:41 AM
hey ladys watch out for this guy OMEGA Off Topic 20 01-06-2009 10:42 PM
Kicked my first car today. Mikey_B General Discussion (Moto Related) 44 03-16-2008 08:52 AM
Advertisement
Old 03-14-2014, 07:09 AM   #82
DogofWar883

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
Sportster Iron 883 (sold)
Ducati 821

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
At least they signaled. How much over the speed limit were you riding?
10 over
DogofWar883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 08:04 AM   #83
chevy42083

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
'09 XB12scg
'07 650r Stolen/recovered

From what I see, you were coming up behind them, they signaled to get out of that lane.. showing intent to move into a vacant lane.., you went into the lane they were going into.

Their signal was on from the second the video started... so no idea how long they'd been signaling, or why you didn't change lanes earlier. From what I could tell, you didn't turn signal at any time.

Still sucks, but you can't expect someone to alter their lane change because the person behind them might decide to go around them without a signal. If theyd stayed in the lane, or stopped mid-lane change, you'd be they didn't do what they were signaling.
Old 03-14-2014, 08:50 AM   #84
Volfy
Fava Beans & a Chianti

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
'15 300RR
'15 250XCF-W
'14 Trophy SE
'10 VFR1200F
'05 GSXR600 (track)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy42083 View Post
From what I see, you were coming up behind them, they signaled to get out of that lane.. showing intent to move into a vacant lane.., you went into the lane they were going into.

Their signal was on from the second the video started... so no idea how long they'd been signaling, or why you didn't change lanes earlier. From what I could tell, you didn't turn signal at any time.

Still sucks, but you can't expect someone to alter their lane change because the person behind them might decide to go around them without a signal. If theyd stayed in the lane, or stopped mid-lane change, you'd be they didn't do what they were signaling.
Yap. That car appeared to have done everything by the book. If a collision had occurred and this vid was shown as evidence, the car would most likely not charged with anything and their insurance would refuse any claim of responsibility.
Volfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 08:58 AM   #85
MikeyP

Trackdays: 10+

Happens to me every time I bring my streetbike out. 99% of the time it has been a female, and less than half have been on their phones.

People don't care about one another on the road. Especially 4 wheels vs. motorcycles.
I haven't kicked a vehicle yet, or taken out a mirror, but I sure have wanted to.
I have put the kickstand down at the next light and walked up to their window and chewed them out a couple times, but what difference did it make? None.

As recently as Monday when a woman attempted to change lanes into my front tire (in bumper-to-bumper traffic) She still came over when I honked at her, forcing me to grab the brake. I was ignored when I pulled up beside her and told her to " look before you change lanes!" She shrugged, rolled up her window and wouldn't even look at me. Not even an "I'm sorry, I didn't see you."

It really does suck sometimes. As much as I try to anticipate, leave space, and keep my head on a swivel, it doesn't make a bit of difference. MFers just don't care about you.
2008 CBR 600RR #1 (Graffiti) street
2008 CBR 600RR #2 track
CMRA #599

Last edited by MikeyP; 03-14-2014 at 09:01 AM.
MikeyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 02:08 PM   #86
darranwil
Rev_Psilocybe

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
2004 Buell Xb12s
2002 Buell Blast-(sold)
87 Honda Rebel 450 (sold)

Member Garage

Your headlight is completely out of alignment.

Advertisement