MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2014, 03:01 PM   #1
darranwil
Rev_Psilocybe

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
2004 Buell Xb12s
2002 Buell Blast-(sold)
87 Honda Rebel 450 (sold)

Member Garage

Keith Code: The Art of Cornering

http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/life...art-cornering/

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Keith Code: MORE ON SMOOTH ormand General Discussion (Moto Related) 34 10-07-2010 06:43 PM
Great New Article From Keith Code! Patrick General Discussion (Moto Related) 1 08-20-2008 03:46 PM
Great Article By Keith Code! Patrick General Discussion (Moto Related) 3 05-02-2008 11:06 AM
Good article from Keith Code Patrick General Discussion (Moto Related) 6 07-02-2006 03:11 AM
Keith Code books speedismo Taking it to the Track 14 10-18-2005 06:04 PM
Advertisement
Old 03-11-2014, 03:45 PM   #2
ArmyApe
In reality, Goliath wins

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2012 Kawasaki ZX10R
2011 Kawasaki ZX6R (sold)

Member Garage

Send a message via Skype™ to ArmyApe
There was no instruction in that at all. It was just him talking about the school.
Old 03-11-2014, 05:44 PM   #3
slowposer
pose slower

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
bikeless :(

get the books...twist of the wrist I&II
slowposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 06:09 PM   #4
Coolhandsluke

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
04 Gsxr 600
01 XR50 mini tard
01 XR650R SM
01 KDX 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowposer View Post
get the books...twist of the wrist I&II
Umm I look at twist of the wrist and see KEITH CODE on it then I look at what OP posted and also see KEITH CODE

Maybe what OP just posted is an ad for the latest and greatest..? were just all to cheap and will see it once its on youtube in full?
Old 03-11-2014, 08:54 PM   #5
darranwil
Rev_Psilocybe

Bike(s):
2004 Buell Xb12s
2002 Buell Blast-(sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhandsluke View Post
Umm I look at twist of the wrist and see KEITH CODE on it then I look at what OP posted and also see KEITH CODE

Maybe what OP just posted is an ad for the latest and greatest..? were just all to cheap and will see it once its on youtube in full?
Twist of the Wrist is on youtube in full...I've already posted it here several times. You only get so much for free out of life but apprently Ape feels it all should be free to him.
Old 03-11-2014, 08:58 PM   #6
darranwil
Rev_Psilocybe

Bike(s):
2004 Buell Xb12s
2002 Buell Blast-(sold)

Member Garage

I posted this more for the fact him talking about having a coach. Doesn't matter if it's ridesmart, or whoopies, or whoever. It's about new riders understanding the only way to reach a certain level is with training. Nobody starts out good at anything instantly.
Old 03-11-2014, 09:33 PM   #7
ArmyApe
In reality, Goliath wins

Bike(s):
2012 Kawasaki ZX10R

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by darranwil View Post
Twist of the Wrist is on youtube in full...I've already posted it here several times. You only get so much for free out of life but apprently Ape feels it all should be free to him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by darranwil View Post
I posted this more for the fact him talking about having a coach. Doesn't matter if it's ridesmart, or whoopies, or whoever. It's about new riders understanding the only way to reach a certain level is with training. Nobody starts out good at anything instantly.
You posted a thread titled "The Art of Cornering" and then link a video that advertises California Superbike school. When I pointed out that your title was misleading, you imply that I'm seeking handouts. I've already watched Twist of the Wrist II and I've taken more than one, paid-for, instructional session. I have no problems paying for instruction to improve my technique as I have no way of instictively knowing how to ride a sportbike. If you're going to claim that your point behind the video is that we all need instruction, why did you title it "The Art of Cornering" and not "Good advice for all level riders?" , why link it at all instead of just typing up that you feel instruction is tantamount to personal improvement?

Or, you could just admit that you realised you'd made a mistake and tried to pass the buck. Either way
Old 03-11-2014, 09:41 PM   #8
darranwil
Rev_Psilocybe

Bike(s):
2004 Buell Xb12s
2002 Buell Blast-(sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyApe View Post
You posted a thread titled "The Art of Cornering" and then link a video that advertises California Superbike school. When I pointed out that your title was misleading, you imply that I'm seeking handouts. I've already watched Twist of the Wrist II and I've taken more than one, paid-for, instructional session. I have no problems paying for instruction to improve my technique as I have no way of instictively knowing how to ride a sportbike. If you're going to claim that your point behind the video is that we all need instruction, why did you title it "The Art of Cornering" and not "Good advice for all level riders?" , why link it at all instead of just typing up that you feel instruction is tantamount to personal improvement?

Or, you could just admit that you realised you'd made a mistake and tried to pass the buck. Either way
I didn't title it. Asphault and Rubber did. You obviously missed the link at the top of the post. Try again. I haven't seen you post any content to MH ever. Just complaints and bitchings.

http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/life...art-cornering/
Old 03-11-2014, 10:08 PM   #9
ArmyApe
In reality, Goliath wins

Bike(s):
2012 Kawasaki ZX10R

Member Garage

933 posts over almost 2yrs. Very few of those are "complaints and " although I, like you, do use the internet to vent. To assume that's all I do would be the same as me basing my entire judgement of you on your "Stupid riders" thread.

I understand that the title of the video is "The Art of Cornering," however, the actual content of the video was NOT "the art of cornering." That was my only point and I had no ill intention.

Anyway, this doesn't seem to be getting anywhere and if you still don't understand why I posted my original message then I'm just wasting my time. Ride on and keep the rubber side down.

Advertisement