MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2014, 08:31 PM   #21
bluewave18
Safety Third

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

Trying to work a free lid or jacket into a deal isn't a reality. It will be tacked on to the price one way or another. You may get what you want, but you need to understand that you are still paying for it.
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
04 cbr 1000 RR wiring issue Rdslvr04 How To's and Q & A's 0 05-29-2011 07:43 PM
So... Any what about the New BMW S 1000 rr TeleRomeo General Discussion (Moto Related) 62 09-24-2009 11:42 PM
cbr 600 f4i vs rr v4lu3s General Discussion (Moto Related) 13 11-25-2008 08:27 AM
XAUS and his BMW S 1000 RR jodyhudson Taking it to the Track 10 10-19-2008 05:24 PM
2003 CBR RR How much? RRCBR General Discussion (Moto Related) 20 07-25-2007 02:11 PM
Advertisement
Old 03-08-2014, 11:52 PM   #22
FJRmgm

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
Yamaha FJR 1300
Honda CBR 954RR
Yamaha WR250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by zikaprevail View Post
Im wanting the 2014 cbr 1000 rr pearl white non abs non sp

I want to finance because im paying it off early!
You may pay it off early but you will still pay all the interest because on auto loans you pay the interest first, then the principal.
My advice - save for a bigger down payment and only borrow as little as possible. And theft insurance.
FJRmgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 12:05 AM   #23
Rowdy76

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2013 Kawi Ninja 300 ABS

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJRmgm View Post
You may pay it off early but you will still pay all the interest because on auto loans you pay the interest first, then the principal.
My advice - save for a bigger down payment and only borrow as little as possible. And theft insurance.
Depending on the type of loan ... alot are simple interest loans so if you pay them off early you spend less in interest. Also better to pay more principal each payment if you plan to pay it out. Most cars are like this ... you can finance and pay off early and only pay a small portion of the interest thats why your total loan cost is one amount and when you do an an early payoff quote request its much lower.

Alot of people do not realize some of the credit deals are actually like a retail credit loan (conns for example) so they add on the interest and divide the payments out...so you pay them the interest no matter how soon you pay it off.

Conseco who was bought out by GE Credit is a prime example of this. Had a 4 wheeler financed like that and did not realize until it was too late. I wanted to pay off early and when I realized I was paying the full interest no matter what ... I just paid it out till the end because it really did not matter at that point. This type of credit seems to be the normal for 4wheeler and motorcycles. Try to make sure its a bank or credit union because it will be a simple interest loan vs the retail credit loan. The retail credit loans tend to be decent interest rates because they are getting the interest no matter how soon you payoff.
Rowdy76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 01:17 AM   #24
zikaprevail

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2014 Honda cbr 1000 rr
2006 Suzuki Katana 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdy76 View Post
Depending on the type of loan ... alot are simple interest loans so if you pay them off early you spend less in interest. Also better to pay more principal each payment if you plan to pay it out. Most cars are like this ... you can finance and pay off early and only pay a small portion of the interest thats why your total loan cost is one amount and when you do an an early payoff quote request its much lower.

Alot of people do not realize some of the credit deals are actually like a retail credit loan (conns for example) so they add on the interest and divide the payments out...so you pay them the interest no matter how soon you pay it off.

Conseco who was bought out by GE Credit is a prime example of this. Had a 4 wheeler financed like that and did not realize until it was too late. I wanted to pay off early and when I realized I was paying the full interest no matter what ... I just paid it out till the end because it really did not matter at that point. This type of credit seems to be the normal for 4wheeler and motorcycles. Try to make sure its a bank or credit union because it will be a simple interest loan vs the retail credit loan. The retail credit loans tend to be decent interest rates because they are getting the interest no matter how soon you payoff.
My wife's car we financed through a credit.union and its front loaded so each month we pay a little less in interest so paying it off early we don't pay the full amount of interest. I will try and find out for the bike either way i don't think a 4% interest for a year will be that bad seeing as ill have the bike that whole time instead of waiting till i can bbuy it with cash
zikaprevail is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement