MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2007, 08:15 AM   #1
SPYDER BITE
Can-Am has arrived

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2009 Can-Am Spyder 990

Just think about it

I've been reading the posts all week and I know alot of you are weirded out over recent events, but if you stop and think about it, you don't have to play the blame game because we are all responsable for our own actions. When you throw your leg over your bike several things should be considered first. Number one on your list should be to think of your loved ones that will be effected if something trajic should happen to you, your mother, father brothers and sisters, wife, girlfriend, kids and friends. Next you need to think about the people you ride with. I know that when I see guys poppin' wheelies and pullin' stoppies it makes me nervous and you can be the best rider in the world and have complete control of your bike and still cause someone else to freak out. If you want to do that kind of stuff go to TWS (Texas World Speedway) and hang with the stunt junkies in a controled environment. As far as the speed demons they have tracks for that too again in a controled environment. Our bikes are made for pleasure and should not cause a nervous break down to get on them. We all know what our bikes will do, we sit and research for hours on the specs it doesn't mean you have to prove it. I'm sorry if I stepped on anyones toes but I felt the need to express myself. Slow down and enjoy the ride and watch for all the idiots that don't watch for us. With much love intended. Lisa
Old 04-27-2007, 10:10 AM   #2
SPYDER BITE
Can-Am has arrived

Bike(s):
2009 Can-Am Spyder 990

I couldn't help but notice that there are people reading my post but have had no responces. Am I wrong for feeling the way I do? I have come to care about the group as a whole and basically just wanted to put it out there. I am sorry if I ticked yall off or whatever but I don't like to see people getting hurt or worse for something that should be fun.
Old 04-27-2007, 10:13 AM   #3
del240z
MH's #1 HOBO

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
None at the moment..... :-(

Not wrong. I mean, some or most people take that kind of thing for granted. They dont realize that they inadvertentaly (sp) are doing more harm to the people that care about them, than themselves....:eh:

If you keep looking in the pantry and finding out its empty, eventually you go to a restaurant.
del240z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 10:14 AM   #4
Mr. Unassailable
1-20-2013-Change we need

Feedback Rating: (6)

Trackdays: 10+

Member Garage

honestly i hopened it and saw how big it was and didnt read it.. then re opened it to see if there was a short version printed.. but i was still outa luck.. :eh:

sorry, i'm just not into reading that much
Old 04-27-2007, 10:14 AM   #5
Brena23
Mothernugget

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2005 CRF450R - tarded
Scooter- 2004 metropoliten
Mini-RM 65
2006 GSXR 1000

I did not see it until just now. You are right. Even if some people get upset or whatever they can deal with it. Like me and you talked about the other day there will always be that person out there that disagrees. Cant change there mind all you can do is try to avoid people that make you feel that way. Luckily if you go on any rides with the guys from here, I have found out that if someone is doing something to make you uncomfortable say something to the toher guys and they play block very well.

Satan ButtNuggets Mothernugget
Brena23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 10:25 AM   #6
SPYDER BITE
Can-Am has arrived

Bike(s):
2009 Can-Am Spyder 990

Thank you for reassurance the last thing I want is for someone to upset with me over my views, but it's like you said there are going to be people that will shrug it off and take it as an insult on thier riding abilities but that's not it at all. If your a good rider you know it but not everyone with may be as good as you are and you just never know how others are going to react because for every action there is a reaction.:BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead:
Old 04-27-2007, 05:42 PM   #7
cyclesnoopy

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2009 ninja 650r

Send a message via Yahoo to cyclesnoopy
I dont think your wrong at all, i agree with you 100%

The thing is that most of the people out doing wheelies and stoppies, and driving 150 mph on public roads are young and they think they are invincible, and they just dont want to hear what your preaching much less follow it.

I was there too, back when i was in my late teens/early 20's i had a dual purpose bike that topped out at about 75 mph, if i had been on a real street bike i might not be here now.

No crazy stuff for me these days, not that i am scared of it, been there done that. Now that its MY hard earned money buying the bike, i am going to ride it responsiblyand take care of it, i cant afford to tear it up doing something ignorant.
cyclesnoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 06:17 PM   #8
hectikillusions
your noob b**ch

Bike(s):
in process.....

Send a message via Yahoo to hectikillusions
i hear you straight out and no harm done, you are just speaking your mind and well i belive that in one way or another we all are grown peepz, so in regards to what you say, i see it more in refrence to being intimate (in kind words s.e.x) but is somethin that 9 times outta 10 we dont planout. Is more on the level of feeling it right there and then, we get caught up in the moment and do what it is that we think is right or feels good, but then when it is all over with, all we can do is sit back and realize "oh what the eff did i just do" but to everythin there is a consequence, no matter how good you are, how many times you done it before, how well you are protected, one day just one day its ganna be to late to turn back the hands of time, and hopefully we will all still be around to tell our tale.
Ba safe out there but no matter how carefull you are is the other peepz we gatta worry about .....
hectikillusions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 06:22 PM   #9
t.dubya
Senor Member

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
k7 gsxr 600 (now dead)

slow down, be careful, don't do drugs, dont run with scissors.....
These are all things that some people love to preach, and some people love to ignore.
If you wanna preach a message, go for it. Just dont be surprised to find out that the only people who wanna listen are the ones that allready agree with you
t.dubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 11:07 PM   #10
marlboroman71818
tramp

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
05 busa

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to marlboroman71818
Good read, just didnt have time to reply the first time I read it
marlboroman71818 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement