MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2007, 10:26 PM   #41
50cc chick
I <3 Josh

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
Aprilia Ride Smart 50 (SOLD)

Send a message via AIM to 50cc chick
Quote:
Originally Posted by gixr1012
thats right someone has done their reading!!
sorry unlike Ed I am at work dont have time to read every lil detail!!!! I have a life!!!
50cc chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 04-26-2007, 10:28 PM   #42
gixr1012
diagnosed motorcycl crazy

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
04,05,gsxr1000,07gsxr750

hey guys I appreciate the advice now Im going to go watch tv and think long and hard about what bike Im gonna get!I know 600 but I still kinda like the 750 but Im open to the 6 though the best decisions are the hardest so I know 600 is the best decision "thanks guys!!
gixr1012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 11:03 PM   #43
Radar

Bike(s):
CBR1000RR

Just a thought - take your current 1000 - put a NEW set of tires on it - do a basic track day prep - tape job - remove the license plate - all that can be done adequately/safely - in about 30 minutes (gixxerbill does it in about 5 minutes), not necessarily the bling winner, but it will work - rent you some good gear if you don't have some - if you have never been to the track and decide go to MSR - Houston -- Buck and the gang are great guys and great help - put it in 3rd gear and NEVER shift till you're done with the session - test the waters and see what you think, if it's TWS (Texas World Speedway) use 4th - NEVER shift. Trust me - it will work very well for you - for several track days and you can decide from there what you want to do, and build your track hobby from there - you can do this next track day with a bike you already own and are comfortable with ---- leaving it in the gear I suggested will let you concentrate on the track, it will reduce your work load and the bike will be faster like that than you will be a driver if you have never been on a track. I have ridden a hundreds of laps at MSR - Houston that way on a 1000, and it will work very well for you as a beginner. If you are already Rossi disregard all this.
Radar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 11:05 PM   #44
ownage
Banned

User is banned

ownage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 11:05 PM   #45
ownage
Banned

User is banned