Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2007, 03:17 PM   #1
bumblebee
Yeah I'm flippin' YOU off
 
bumblebee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Pearland
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 12,270


Bike(s):
'74 Suzuki GT380
'82 XS650 StreetTracker
'10 Ducati Streetfighter
'83 Yamaha Seca 900






So Much Dyin'

There have been a lot of threads lately about dying in motorcycle crashes.
I realize how tragic these are for those involved but it IS a fact of life that these things will happen.
In our everyday lives we have to have a certain level of detachment or denial in order to keep moving forward. Sometimes things happen to bring it home and we dwell on the reality of life for a while and then the denial comes back.
I propose that we let this detachment wash over us and not keep posting every moto related accident that happens. It's a big city with thousands of people out riding everyday, some are going to die every day.
My riding is about life and enjoying it, not dwelling too long on what could happen.
Thanks for reading.
bumblebee is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 04-26-2007, 03:20 PM   #2
Gixxer Geezer
All day long I'm shufflin
 
Gixxer Geezer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Alvin
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 20,618

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
06 honda vtx 1300
06 Busa limited. sold
2 Gixxer 600. sold
85 Honda Hurricane. sold
56 Triumph, 64 BSA, Thunderbolt, 66 BSA Lightning Bolt, 64 Honda Scrambler. all sold






if we dont post it, some of us who live out of the loop wont know when our friends are hurt or their families need us...
__________________
gixxergeezer 1



What part of "I Don't Care", Don't you Understand?
Gixxer Geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 03:22 PM   #3
R.J.
Flyer Than Superman
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Woodlands
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 179


Bike(s):
Gixxer like everyone & their mom









Send a message via AIM to R.J.
Wrd. Be careful nigs.
R.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 03:26 PM   #4
SecretAgent
The one and only
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: SW Houston
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 1,986


Bike(s):
08 Harley FXDB Street Bob









Send a message via AIM to SecretAgent
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee
There have been a lot of threads lately about dying in motorcycle crashes.
I realize how tragic these are for those involved but it IS a fact of life that these things will happen.
In our everyday lives we have to have a certain level of detachment or denial in order to keep moving forward. Sometimes things happen to bring it home and we dwell on the reality of life for a while and then the denial comes back.
I propose that we let this detachment wash over us and not keep posting every moto related accident that happens. It's a big city with thousands of people out riding everyday, some are going to die every day.
My riding is about life and enjoying it, not dwelling too long on what could happen.
Thanks for reading.

to do that would go completely against the unity that all motorcycle riders are supposed to have with eachother. we all deserve to know about our fallen brothers. and for the n00bs just coming on to the scene hopefully it will knock sense into them and history won't repeat itself every year.

ignoring what is happening isn't the solution. that's exactly the opposite of what we should do.
__________________
"There are some things nobody needs in this world, and a bright-red, hunch-back, warp-speed 900cc cafe racer is one of them - but I want one anyway, and on some days I actually believe I need one. That is why they are dangerous. "
-Hunter S. Thompson
SecretAgent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 03:28 PM   #5
Gixxer Geezer
All day long I'm shufflin
 
Gixxer Geezer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Alvin
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 20,618

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
06 honda vtx 1300
06 Busa limited. sold
2 Gixxer 600. sold
85 Honda Hurricane. sold
56 Triumph, 64 BSA, Thunderbolt, 66 BSA Lightning Bolt, 64 Honda Scrambler. all sold






Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretAgent
to do that would go completely against the unity that all motorcycle riders are supposed to have with eachother. we all deserve to know about our fallen brothers. and for the n00bs just coming on to the scene hopefully it will knock sense into them and history won't repeat itself every year.

ignoring what is happening isn't the solution. that's exactly the opposite of what we should do.

werd!^^
__________________
gixxergeezer 1



What part of "I Don't Care", Don't you Understand?
Gixxer Geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 03:30 PM   #6
Gigolo Jason
 
Gigolo Jason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Magnolia, Texas (AKA: in the woods)
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 3,318

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
BMW R1200C






I thought this was an anti-war thread when I first saw it.
__________________
"I would not join any club that would have someone like me for a member."
-Groucho Marx
Gigolo Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 03:31 PM   #7
Gixxer Geezer
All day long I'm shufflin
 
Gixxer Geezer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Alvin
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 20,618

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
06 honda vtx 1300
06 Busa limited. sold
2 Gixxer 600. sold
85 Honda Hurricane. sold
56 Triumph, 64 BSA, Thunderbolt, 66 BSA Lightning Bolt, 64 Honda Scrambler. all sold






Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigolo Jason
I thought this was an anti-war thread when I first saw it.

dude... that is toooooooooo funny... havent seen a good one since Nam
__________________
gixxergeezer 1



What part of "I Don't Care", Don't you Understand?
Gixxer Geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 03:32 PM   #8
Crystalline
Can't ride now...
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 9,376

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 1











Send a message via Yahoo to Crystalline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigolo Jason
I thought this was an anti-war thread when I first saw it.

:laughing6 :laughing6 :laughing6
__________________
sunshine
Crystalline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 03:55 PM   #9
mongofeet
Senior Member
 
mongofeet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Huntsville/The Woodlands
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 100


Bike(s):
2003 Yamaha R6, 2005 Yamaha R6 & 2001 Honda XR100









For every Fallen Rider:

Forever they may be a Fallin rider
But please lift their souls higher and higher
Friends and loved ones may pass
But the memories always last

For those who have fallin
And their friends come callin
please comfort them and take them by the hand
And tell em'... their in your land...

For all the Fallin Riders out there, this ones for you.

Please dont forget our fallin Riders.
Live each day as it were your last,
Embrace each day, and love the ones close to you.

Mongo,
__________________
Mongofeet
CMRA #919

http://sponsorhouse.loopd.com/Member...Noel/Home.aspx
Check out my sponsors: South Central Race Center/Bridgestone, Lockhart Phillips, Vortex, Chicken Hawk, Sidi Boots, Fuel Clothing, Clutch Mechanix Wipes & Power Crunch Bars
mongofeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 04:16 PM   #10
bumblebee
Yeah I'm flippin' YOU off
 
bumblebee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Pearland
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 12,270


Bike(s):
'74 Suzuki GT380
'82 XS650 StreetTracker
'10 Ducati Streetfighter
'83 Yamaha Seca 900






Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer Geezer
if we dont post it, some of us who live out of the loop wont know when our friends are hurt or their families need us...

I didn't mean to suggest that we shouldn't post about people we know, i'm just sayin' that the death of Koshkesh has started a lot of threads about random accidents all over the area.
Sure maybe some noobs will learn something from these threads, but probably not. People screw up, stuff happens and reading a post on a forum won't stop it when the throttle calls your name.
Ride safe, wear your gear and don't dwell on what could happen. If you think about it too much, it'll be hard to keep enjoying it.
As far as war goes I'm against it, unless somebody needs killin'.
bumblebee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 05:14 PM   #11
jrock
straight shooter
 
jrock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: back n H-Twn
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 11,684

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2003 Kawi ZX9r Green Machine-sold
1995 Honda CB 1000 Big One








Send a message via Yahoo to jrock
Its enjoy life not end your life.. 2 different things here
__________________
"I get a total charge out of inspiring others to follow their dreams and not to fear change. Embrace it. Realize that money isn't the end-all, be-all. What is important, what really has value, is Time. As motorcyclists, we all face increased risks on the road, and on the track. Do something with your time; don't have a bag full of regrets when the train comes to a stop. "
jrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 11:09 PM   #12
NisAznMonk
USAF n00b
 
NisAznMonk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Okinawa, Japan
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 72


Bike(s):
Honda CB400 Super Four









Send a message via AIM to NisAznMonk
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee
I didn't mean to suggest that we shouldn't post about people we know, i'm just sayin' that the death of Koshkesh has started a lot of threads about random accidents all over the area.
Sure maybe some noobs will learn something from these threads, but probably not. People screw up, stuff happens and reading a post on a forum won't stop it when the throttle calls your name.
Ride safe, wear your gear and don't dwell on what could happen. If you think about it too much, it'll be hard to keep enjoying it.
As far as war goes I'm against it, unless somebody needs killin'.
The thread about Roger actually helped me out. I left for the Air Force in May 06 and I hadn't seen/heard from Roger since then. To those that keep us who are out of the loop informed, Thanks. 3zi5x02
NisAznMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:58 AM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy