MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2007, 12:16 PM   #41
SumHonda1000F
what's a drumset?

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
1993 CBR1000F

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97900rr01f4i
everyone need to grow up and drive slower and stop trying to show off. My bikes Stopped going over 100 a long time ago, but you can still get hurt at slower speeds.
+1:BangHead:
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Motorcyclist Found Dead After 1 Month Missing Englishan General Discussion (Moto Related) 19 01-03-2013 12:08 PM
Motorcyclist shot dead in far east Harris Co. M@tt General Discussion (Moto Related) 5 09-18-2009 02:06 PM
Motorcyclist shot dead in far east Harris Co ParAvion General Discussion (Moto Related) 7 09-17-2009 12:46 PM
Theives rob dead motorcyclist NoFear General Discussion (Moto Related) 23 04-16-2008 09:27 AM
Advertisement
Old 04-26-2007, 12:21 PM   #42
SumHonda1000F
what's a drumset?

Bike(s):
1993 CBR1000F

RIP
Old 04-26-2007, 12:29 PM   #43
BrutusTx

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by less_than_coop
It has nothing to do with "being a bad ," and it certainly doesnt mean I will be a statistic anytime soon.
What your replies do mean is that your mind work about as logically as a toaster.

YOU SHOULD EMBRACE FEAR EVERY TIME YOU PUT A LEG OVER YOUR BIKE.
So, if you guys are telling me that you dont have any fear when you ride, then that must mean you think you are invincible and that nothing can happen to you.
So, I ride with fear in my heart and an honest appreciation of everything that can go wrong. This fear tempers my actions and keeps me riding safer.
Ive been down 3 times on the street and everytime I enter an intersection I cringe. I know what wrecking feels like and I know Ive been lucky, but I still fear what could happen.

Tell me that Im going to become a "statistic" because I dont let fear prevent me from riding is idiotic.

So, let recent moto deaths keep you off your bike for a week, and go ahead thinking ill be a statistic soon, thats fine. Im going to keep my fear in check, respect my bike and cherish my life.

If you let fear make your decisions then you are not free nor are you free thinking.
Whatever you say, but when something in the back of your mind say's "maybe not today" and you do it anyway...........sooner or later you'll become a statistic. Ignoring it and saying I've got my fear in check and all that other BS is stupid.
Old 04-26-2007, 12:30 PM   #44
Neversatisfied02

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR 1000
2007 Kawi ZX10R (SOLD)
2006 Kawi ZX6R (SOLD)
2005 Suzuki GSXR 600 (SOLD)

Neversatisfied02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 12:33 PM   #45
less_than_coop
SBN BMF

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
GSXR1000
2005 KTM 250sxf

No need for the popcorn here, Im mature enough to stay away from the drama. Me and Brutus obviously have differing views, and it should be left at that.

Khaki shirt.
less_than_coop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 12:39 PM   #46
BrutusTx

Member Garage

No drama at all, different view of the same picture.
Old 04-26-2007, 12:46 PM   #47
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.

Feedback Rating: (9)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2006 YZF600R (Street)
2009 Iron 883

Member Garage

The day I had my wreck, I felt that same"bad feeling" I was far away from home and was with my friends....so i said "**** it" and kept going.....I later paid the price with a broken ankle. Luckily, that was it, could have and SHOULD have been alot worse.... Since then and Brianna being born, I dont ride like that on the street any more.
Old 04-26-2007, 12:49 PM   #48
100f
Reagan and Peyton's Dad

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
94' 1000F
92' VFR 750

+1...ALWAYS trust you gut!!!!!!
100f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 12:51 PM   #49
Candy
The Most Intolerable bish

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
'06 GSXR 1000
'02 GSXR 750

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to Candy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solracer
The day I had my wreck, I felt that same"bad feeling" ....so i said "**** it" and kept going....
I hear this with every accident, "Something told me not to ride" or "i shoulda followed my 1st mind".
Candy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 12:57 PM   #50
Neversatisfied02

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR 1000
2007 Kawi ZX10R (SOLD)
2006 Kawi ZX6R (SOLD)

I feel yall and everyone does have different thoughts and opinions which is good but would you believe me if i said i found the popcorn to look mighty tasty and wanted to post it for that reason??
Old 04-26-2007, 12:58 PM   #51
vmaxgirl
LSTD Mafia Princess

Bike(s):
1994 Vmax 1200
Honda 50 (Fuglee)
2012 ZX10r

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by arturo3rd
sometimes you dont feel right about riding. call it fear but if i dont feel "it" or just cant focus on riding, i dont ride.
+1 and I am sorry if the following is too wordy but here it goes...

If I am not 100% into it, I dont ride. But I will tell you now that fear will never stop me from riding. I am not afraid someone is going to do something that will cause me to react, I know when I turn the key on that it WILL happen and I am not afraid, I am accepting... I try to be ready.
No, I have yet to seriously go down on a bike... 4wheelers yea, I have to say I have had some serious pain from those accidents, but never a bike.
One thing I do know though is that it is ALWAYS a possibility and I accept that. Same as I know that each shift I begin at work could be my last.

There have been many times I have pushed my limits and thought holy what just happened. I have always chalked that up to not panicking/skill and prayer (it comforts me o.k.).
I used to be the biggest squid... no helmet, no gear what so ever. Just my jeans, tennies and a muscle shirt and Oakleys. It took me doing 135mph+ around the loop and pulling my bike out of the garage the next morning to find my brand new front tire flowering from dry rot (from have set too long on the shelf at the dealers). That is when I thought I had pushed my last limit. THAT actually did scare me and was probably the first time I ever felt fear from something other than a human. So I took the advise of Noctem and Train460 and started wearing my gear. (THANKS GUYS!) But I was wrong, I still on occasion find my limits at edge and then I will back down.

I really just want to say this...
A rider is only as good as his skill, If the skill limit is pushed (whether it be by choice or not) there is a possibility of a problem.
You CANNOT tell people where THEIR skill limit is, only they know this.
You CANNOT tell people to stop riding just because some people have pushed THEIR limits and are now a memory.
You CANNOT tell people that they will become a statistic because of the way they ride or that they choose to ride at all.
But you CAN understand that WE ARE ALL DIFFERENT and have our OWN riding styles and set our OWN limits.
My only suggestion to anyone is that If you do not like they way someone rides... stay away from them, who knows you just might be saving your own life that day.
Old 04-26-2007, 12:59 PM   #52
vmaxgirl
LSTD Mafia Princess

Bike(s):
1994 Vmax 1200
Honda 50 (Fuglee)
2012 ZX10r

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neversatisfied02
I feel yall and everyone does have different thoughts and opinions which is good but would you believe me if i said i found the popcorn to look mighty tasty and wanted to post it for that reason??
Are there any Junior mints to go with the popcorn? LOL:laughing6 I love those!
Old 04-26-2007, 01:04 PM   #53
Neversatisfied02

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR 1000
2007 Kawi ZX10R (SOLD)
2006 Kawi ZX6R (SOLD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmaxgirl
Are there any Junior mints to go with the popcorn? LOL:laughing6 I love those!
Lol. I wish! I think im just hungry! Im about to hop off here and grab something to eat.
Old 04-26-2007, 01:09 PM   #54
Tumper
Hullo

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2004 Speed Triple SE
01 KLR650,
93 Dyna Wide Glide
11 BMW F800GS
Cannondale F-4...

Don't let fear control you, but don't think it can't happen to you too.
Old 04-26-2007, 01:22 PM   #55
BigC
AKA Big Daddy

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
88"HURRICANE 1000 ( crashed ) / 98"Z-71 1500 4x4 / 06" Nissan Sentra Spec - V 6 Speed / ZX-7 Ninja

+1

QUOTE=less_than_coop]It has nothing to do with "being a bad ," and it certainly doesnt mean I will be a statistic anytime soon.
What your replies do mean is that your mind work about as logically as a toaster.

YOU SHOULD EMBRACE FEAR EVERY TIME YOU PUT A LEG OVER YOUR BIKE.
So, if you guys are telling me that you dont have any fear when you ride, then that must mean you think you are invincible and that nothing can happen to you.
So, I ride with fear in my heart and an honest appreciation of everything that can go wrong. This fear tempers my actions and keeps me riding safer.
Ive been down 3 times on the street and everytime I enter an intersection I cringe. I know what wrecking feels like and I know Ive been lucky, but I still fear what could happen.

Tell me that Im going to become a "statistic" because I dont let fear prevent me from riding is idiotic.

So, let recent moto deaths keep you off your bike for a week, and go ahead thinking ill be a statistic soon, thats fine. Im going to keep my fear in check, respect my bike and cherish my life.

If you let fear make your decisions then you are not free nor are you free thinking.[/QUOTE]
BigC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 01:30 PM   #56
indoMLA
If it's free, it's for me

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
'02 Yamaha R6 - SOLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmaxgirl

I really just want to say this...
A rider is only as good as his skill, If the skill limit is pushed (whether it be by choice or not) there is a possibility of a problem.
You CANNOT tell people where THEIR skill limit is, only they know this.
You CANNOT tell people to stop riding just because some people have pushed THEIR limits and are now a memory.
You CANNOT tell people that they will become a statistic because of the way they ride or that they choose to ride at all.
But you CAN understand that WE ARE ALL DIFFERENT and have our OWN riding styles and set our OWN limits.
My only suggestion to anyone is that If you do not like they way someone rides... stay away from them, who knows you just might be saving your own life that day.
yo, werd.... someone finally said it..
good post, vmxgirl
everyone here is so cynical and judgemental at times, calm down and just work on you...
...... but when i have problems being able to screw other things i normally tie them up and lube the out of it. dont be afraid do get rough with it. if you cant handle it with the tool you have maybe the task is to hard for you. in which case if could be time for some tag team action and maybe even a foursome...
indoMLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 02:05 PM   #57
nihaikitty
Squidette

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
'04 EX500
'08 SV650

RIP to the rider

I think the world would be a much happier place if everyone gave up their 600 and liters and just bought an EX500 :icon_bigg . jk, but honestly, this happens every time some kid runs into the back of a vehicle or gets t boned going 100+...we make a thread about it, and the old riders shake their fingers and say ", young uns, when are they going to learn" then some other guy gets on and says "well, im a noob, but i dont ride like that", then someone else says "well, this is why street riding is stupid, go to the track". As long as there are motorcycles, or vehicles in general for that matter, people are going to get killed. Sometimes they could have prevented it, sometimes they didnt have a way out; until we abandon all forms of transportation and go back to walking our happy around like this is going to happen. People are people, some die, some don't, some live to go on to convalescent homes once they turn 80, some get smushed by a car in their mid twenties. im not looking forward to my first accident, but i know that by using my bike as my daily driver im very likely to get into an accident before my higher education years are over (especially since I live in a college town). happens, all that I can really say is ride like there IS a tomorrow and you want to see it, maintain your bike, and wear your ****ing gear.
Old 04-26-2007, 02:07 PM   #58
Neversatisfied02

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR 1000
2007 Kawi ZX10R (SOLD)
2006 Kawi ZX6R (SOLD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nihaikitty
RIP to the rider

I think the world would be a much happier place if everyone gave up their 600 and liters and just bought an EX500 :icon_bigg . jk, but honestly, this happens every time some kid runs into the back of a vehicle or gets t boned going 100+...we make a thread about it, and the old riders shake their fingers and say ", young uns, when are they going to learn" then some other guy gets on and says "well, im a noob, but i dont ride like that", then someone else says "well, this is why street riding is stupid, go to the track". As long as there are motorcycles, or vehicles in general for that matter, people are going to get killed. Sometimes they could have prevented it, sometimes they didnt have a way out; until we abandon all forms of transportation and go back to walking our happy around like this is going to happen. People are people, some die, some don't, some live to go on to convalescent homes once they turn 80, some get smushed by a car in their mid twenties. im not looking forward to my first accident, but i know that by using my bike as my daily driver im very likely to get into an accident before my higher education years are over (especially since I live in a college town). happens, all that I can really say is ride like there IS a tomorrow and you want to see it, maintain your bike, and wear your ****ing gear.
+1
Old 04-26-2007, 02:29 PM   #59
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.

Feedback Rating: (9)

Bike(s):
2006 YZF600R (Street)
2009 Iron 883

Member Garage

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?se...fic&id=5246328

Motorcyclist dies after slamming into 18-wheeler

Police say three men on motorcycles were weaving in and out of traffic at a high rate of speed. One of them ran into the back of an 18-wheeler near 43rd.Street. The motorcyclist was pulled under and dragged by the semi for about 100 yards. He was killed.

A second motorcyclist also crashed, but suffered only minor injuries. The freeway was completely shut down for more than two hours as a result.

Another one bites the dust.
Old 04-26-2007, 02:57 PM   #60
SecretAgent
The one and only

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
08 Harley FXDB Street Bob

Send a message via AIM to SecretAgent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solracer
http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?se...fic&id=5246328

Motorcyclist dies after slamming into 18-wheeler

Police say three men on motorcycles were weaving in and out of traffic at a high rate of speed. One of them ran into the back of an 18-wheeler near 43rd.Street. The motorcyclist was pulled under and dragged by the semi for about 100 yards. He was killed.

A second motorcyclist also crashed, but suffered only minor injuries. The freeway was completely shut down for more than two hours as a result.

Another one bites the dust.

repost....see bryan walsh thread.
"There are some things nobody needs in this world, and a bright-red, hunch-back, warp-speed 900cc cafe racer is one of them - but I want one anyway, and on some days I actually believe I need one. That is why they are dangerous. "
-Hunter S. Thompson
SecretAgent is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement