Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Technical > How To's and Q & A's
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-14-2014, 04:31 PM   #1
LeeZale88

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
Yamaha xj 600

Small leaks on gas tank. How do I fix?

I have a few holes on my gas tank that have been patched with what looks like jb weld, however this is not the big issue. I have a new hole that has formed and I need a solution to fix it. Should I go ahead a use a sealer like Jb Weld, water weld, quickseal of some form that gas wont eat through?

I would ultimately like to get it welded but if i do that I will have them do the other holes that have already been patched and also have it cleaned and relined and even repainted. Does anyone know of a place or someone who can do some good gas tank welding and cleaning?

Please give suggestions on DIY cleaning and fixing the hole(s) or if you know where I could have it fixed?
LeeZale88 is offline   Reply With Quote