MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2014, 11:05 PM   #1
loosenoose
veteran novice

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
07 sv650!

Member Garage

bonded title guy near conroe?

Hey mh. Is there areputable guy near conroe that can do a bonded title near conroe? I heard chad, the magic man, does these for people, but i dont really want to go all the way out there. If he's the best around though, screw it, ill do it. I want to get this ball rolling on monday. Anyone closer to conroe or montgomery? Also, will the bike need to be inspected or running? Because its not there yet...
loosenoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
how to do a bonded title. messiah How To's and Q & A's 15 07-26-2013 07:11 AM
Bonded Title Se7eN73 General Discussion (Moto Related) 13 03-11-2012 04:22 PM
BONDED TITLE Pachuco General Discussion (Moto Related) 7 08-21-2009 05:26 PM
anyone ever done a bonded title? bentgixxer General Discussion (Moto Related) 31 04-20-2009 11:38 AM
Bonded title help GQ* General Discussion (Moto Related) 22 02-20-2009 10:11 AM
Advertisement
Old 02-14-2014, 08:36 AM   #2
hollywood

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
harley 48
Gsxr750
KTM exc200
RM85
Zx7

There are people all over that do bonded titles just Google it you will find someone in conroe. There isn't really a person that is the best at it. All they are doing is issuing a bond saying they will assume responsibility if someone tries to make a claim on the title in the future. This sticks with the title for 2 years. You take this bond down to the courthouse and they issue a title. To get the title issued the bike will have to be inspected they will ask for a copy of it. I did a bonded title on my stang it was a nightmare. It took almost 4 months to get a title. Never again will I deal with that. The most important thing is make sure there are no leins on the bike because they will find them and it will be just more headache. Good luck and if you got questions or need help with it give me a shout and I will try to walk you threw it. Your best bet is to get it running first.
hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 09:29 AM   #3
SilverBullet

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2013 Yamaha Super Tenere
2011 Husqvarna TE630
2009 KTM 250SX
2002 KTM 300EXC
1974 Suzuki TM400

There are plenty of threads that discuss the bonded title in detail. Nothing difficult about it just time consuming. You can even do it all by mail if you're not in a hurry.

Bike doesn't need to be running and/or inspected for a title. Get your bonded title rolling and then after bike is running get it inspected and do the registration. But if you never get bike running you've basically just wasted all that money spent on sales tax and surety bond.

_
SilverBullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 09:43 AM   #4
hollywood

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
harley 48
Gsxr750
KTM exc200
RM85
Zx7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet View Post
There are plenty of threads that discuss the bonded title in detail. Nothing difficult about it just time consuming. You can even do it all by mail if you're not in a hurry.

Bike doesn't need to be running and/or inspected for a title. Get your bonded title rolling and then after bike is running get it inspected and do the registration. But if you never get bike running you've basically just wasted all that money spent on sales tax and surety bond.

_
Exactly why do the title work if its not running you can't get registration if its not inspected. Bonded titles are not cheap by any means. Probably gonna be couple hundred just for the bond. Better to get it running and inspected. But to each his own.
hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 10:46 AM   #5
SilverBullet

Bike(s):
2013 Yamaha Super Tenere
2011 Husqvarna TE630
2009 KTM 250SX
2002 KTM 300EXC
1974 Suzuki TM400

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywood View Post
Exactly why do the title work if its not running you can't get registration if its not inspected. Bonded titles are not cheap by any means. Probably gonna be couple hundred just for the bond. Better to get it running and inspected. But to each his own.
An issue of time. Doing bonded title by mail will take months, doing it in person will take weeks. Registration and inspection can be done in a couple hours but only after you have the title. OP states he's in a hurry so will have to decide if the risk is worth it. Same risk he is taking doing a bunch of cosmetic restore on his bike build prior to knowing if it starts, runs and shifts.

_
SilverBullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 11:13 AM   #6
hotnanas
i rock knobbies

Feedback Rating: (4)

i did my bonded title in one trip to the TxDOT VTR, 1 phone call to my insurance company/bank, and 2 trips to the DMV in a few days. If my insurance company were local, it could have been done all in one day, but I had to wait for my bond to arrive in the mail. If I didn't have a typo on the bond paperwork, it would have only been 1 trip to the DMV.

The bond didn't cost much. I think the rate that I paid was $20 / $1000 bond through my insurance company. I recall them being higher than calling around, but I like to deal with them. I think the bond value had to be 1.5 times the NADA value of the vehicle.

So if the value of you vehicle is $10,000: you would need a bond for $15,000 and through my bank, I would have had to pay $300.

The bonded title process isn't as daunting as people make it out to be.
hotnanas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 02:08 PM   #7
messiah

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
02 954rr

its easy I did one trip to my insurance company and 1 to the dmv got my title in a month. I didn't even get it inspected before I got the title
messiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 03:07 PM   #8
loosenoose
veteran novice

Bike(s):
07 sv650!

Member Garage

Thanks for the info and responses. I hope it goes as smoothly for me as it did messiah
Old 02-21-2014, 08:23 PM   #9
loosenoose
veteran novice

Bike(s):
07 sv650!

Member Garage

I got my title done today. Everything was done in 3 visits, and it was fairly painless. I went to the title office on Washington street, paid $15 for a letter. Then an insurance co in conroe did my bond for $100. Today i took everything i had amassed from this point to the local title n reg office and paid $98 for title and plate. I had to get insurance to get this last part. I got a year through progressive for like 140... Now i just need to get the starter problem to be done with.
Liked this post:
Old 02-24-2014, 11:56 AM   #10
jetcycles
DRIVEN BY ANGER

Feedback Rating: (14)

Bike(s):
1950 Chevy Deluxe
1980 Honda CT70
1987 Kawasaki 650SX
1996 Honda Z50

What letter did you need from the title office?
Old 02-24-2014, 11:57 AM   #11
Jae
Kilted Basterd

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
Naked Sprint
Russian POS
Angry Max/Tub
Pile o' Hyosungs

Member Garage

I'd guess the letter of rejection