MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Introduction Forum
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2014, 01:01 PM   #1
HemiSam
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 19












Hola...

Good to be here. Been living on and off in Houston since the '80's. Recently purchased the first bike I've owned in a looooooooong time. Been racing and breaking a modern MOPAR for the last 4+ years and thought something lighter and simpler would be a good distraction. Purchased a '72 Honda CB500 Four I'm working to get back on the road...low mileage bike but it sat too long. Should be fun once she's up and runnin'.

Sam
HemiSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
hola from stavanger Mad Max Off Topic 20 02-04-2013 02:39 PM
Hola yenge Derkwood Off Topic 0 05-25-2007 10:07 PM
Hola yenge Derkwood Off Topic 0 05-23-2007 11:11 AM
Hola yenge Derkwood Off Topic 2 05-20-2007 06:01 AM
Advertisement
Old 02-03-2014, 11:59 PM   #2
Jaynvius1
Senior Member
 
Jaynvius1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Dallas
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 857

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
09 Kawasaki Ninja ZX10R
06 Honda CBR 600 RR



Member Garage





Welcome, definitely post pictures.
Jaynvius1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 12:24 AM   #3
HemiSam
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 19












..
HemiSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 01:02 AM   #4
Patrick
Motorcycles Unlimited
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 16,367

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'14 Speed Triple R, '82 CB900F, '13 Streetglide






She looks good! All original or been restored previously?
I'm currently bringing a CB750K back to life.
__________________
Call or PM for the BEST PRICES in Houston for PARTS and ACCESSORIES.
MAKE SURE TO MENTION YOU'RE ON MH TO GET THE BEST PRICE!

NEED GEAR? We have a great selection in stock but if we need to order it we GUARANTEE FIT!
Where Houston riders go to have their bikes worked on, done right the first time!


muad

1964 FM 1960 West
Houston, TX 77090
Hours: Tues.-Fri. 9:30-6:00 Sat. 9-5:30
www.motorcycles-unlimited.com
http://www.facebook.com/motorcyclesunlimited
e-mail: patrick@motorcycles-unlimited.com
Patrick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 09:26 AM   #5
HemiSam
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 19












Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
She looks good! All original or been restored previously?
I'm currently bringing a CB750K back to life.
thank you, Patrick.

She has 6800 miles on her if you can believe that. Not in perfect shape by far. Every time I crack open a system, I can tell that I was the first one in there....even had paint marks from Honda still on bolts (for example the brake lines).

I'm learning a lot. For example, I found that a heat gun is my friend on the right side of the front wheel bearing...that and a BF hammer Would not budge until I heated the aluminum hub.

I've got spark to every hole now but the carbs need rebuilding after sitting so long. I'll take that to someone better than me...don't have the patience or know how to tweak four carbs and then equalize them.

Best of luck on the 750. What year? And what are you doing for exhaust? The headers on mine are fine but the original cans are rusted beyond salvage. I have two new ones but finding hte other two is proving really difficult so I'm thinking I'll need to go two-to-one on each side. I hear the Mac stuff ain't that great.

Sam
HemiSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 09:39 AM   #6
lisiecki1
survivor of 7/4/08 ride..
 
lisiecki1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 4,084

Experience: 10+ years






Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by HemiSam View Post
thank you, Patrick.

She has 6800 miles on her if you can believe that. Not in perfect shape by far. Every time I crack open a system, I can tell that I was the first one in there....even had paint marks from Honda still on bolts (for example the brake lines).

I'm learning a lot. For example, I found that a heat gun is my friend on the right side of the front wheel bearing...that and a BF hammer Would not budge until I heated the aluminum hub.

I've got spark to every hole now but the carbs need rebuilding after sitting so long. I'll take that to someone better than me...don't have the patience or know how to tweak four carbs and then equalize them.

Best of luck on the 750. What year? And what are you doing for exhaust? The headers on mine are fine but the original cans are rusted beyond salvage. I have two new ones but finding hte other two is proving really difficult so I'm thinking I'll need to go two-to-one on each side. I hear the Mac stuff ain't that great.

Sam
Take it to Patrick.

Nice bike!
__________________
"DON'T START VAST PROJECTS WITH HALF VAST IDEAS."
Remember the average response time to a 911 call is over 4 minutes.
The average response time of a 357 magnum is 1400 FPS.
lisiecki1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 12:35 PM   #7
Patrick
Motorcycles Unlimited
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 16,367

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'14 Speed Triple R, '82 CB900F, '13 Streetglide






Sam, the one we're doing is a 1980.
The Mac are decent exhaust, especially for the price point. Unfortunately unless you want to spend big dollars on a custom or one off there's not much available for most of the older bikes.
__________________
Call or PM for the BEST PRICES in Houston for PARTS and ACCESSORIES.
MAKE SURE TO MENTION YOU'RE ON MH TO GET THE BEST PRICE!

NEED GEAR? We have a great selection in stock but if we need to order it we GUARANTEE FIT!
Where Houston riders go to have their bikes worked on, done right the first time!


muad

1964 FM 1960 West
Houston, TX 77090
Hours: Tues.-Fri. 9:30-6:00 Sat. 9-5:30
www.motorcycles-unlimited.com
http://www.facebook.com/motorcyclesunlimited
e-mail: patrick@motorcycles-unlimited.com
Patrick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 12:41 PM   #8
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com
 
ScooterTrash's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Cut n Shoot
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 17,239


Bike(s):
lots of em






welcome to MotoHouston! Nice bike, I have an old complete 650 sitting out back if you need any parts
__________________
[COLOR="Lime"][B]Highway HorrorS c.c.[/B][/COLOR]



[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 01:14 PM   #9
HemiSam
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 19












Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
Sam, the one we're doing is a 1980.
The Mac are decent exhaust, especially for the price point. Unfortunately unless you want to spend big dollars on a custom or one off there's not much available for most of the older bikes.
Have you checked out the Motad, Patrick? I think it's more common in Europe and a bit on the quiet side. You probably have more options for the 750.

http://www.davidsilverspares.com/CB5...A/part_219178/

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScooterTrash View Post
welcome to MotoHouston! Nice bike, I have an old complete 650 sitting out back if you need any parts
Thanks, ScooterTrash. Much appreciated. I was able to fix the seat lock (keep my key) by purchasing a busted one from a member on SOHC4 forum. Having access to parts is a good thing on these old gals...

Sam
HemiSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 02:44 PM   #10
Jaynvius1
Senior Member
 
Jaynvius1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Dallas
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 857

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
09 Kawasaki Ninja ZX10R
06 Honda CBR 600 RR



Member Garage





..
Jaynvius1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 03:57 PM   #11
HemiSam
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 19












Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaynvius1 View Post
Sweet bike man. Lots of potential. Keep us posted with updates
Thank you, Jay. I hope to keep her as stock as possible while making her safe and reliable/runs well. I'll post up once I get her on the road.

Sam
HemiSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 05:19 PM   #12
SuperDave392
If ur not 1st, ur last..
 
SuperDave392's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: SW
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 621

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
450X Grom WR450









HemiSam, i recognize your SN form LX Forums. Quite a nice Challenger you have there! I used to have a 2009 Deep Water Blue R/T 6-sp. Welcome to MH!
SuperDave392 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 05:26 PM   #13
HemiSam
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 19












Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDave392 View Post
HemiSam, i recognize your SN form LX Forums. Quite a nice Challenger you have there! I used to have a 2009 Deep Water Blue R/T 6-sp. Welcome to MH!
Hello SuperDave and thanks.

Yeah...the car has taken a few turns since I bought it in 2009. I'm hoping to have the driveline ready for the TX Mile and break my record while staying in one piece. We're testing some new stuff yet again so I've got my fingers crossed we'll be ready in time and she runs true.

Sam
HemiSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 05:27 PM   #14
SuperDave392
If ur not 1st, ur last..
 
SuperDave392's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: SW
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 621

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
450X Grom WR450









Good to hear. Whats your record so far? 205 if i remember correctly?
SuperDave392 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 06:14 PM   #15
HemiSam
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 19












Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDave392 View Post
Good to hear. Whats your record so far? 205 if i remember correctly?
You've got a good memory, Dave. It was 205.7mph. Car weighs 4500lbs and is shaped like a beautiful brick. Folded the six-speed on the next pass...whoops.



Sam
HemiSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:47 PM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy