Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2007, 12:22 PM   #1
Buck Beasley
Older,Wiser,Faster

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years

'05 Suzuki SV 650,

'04 Vespa 150

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to Buck Beasley
Responibility?? ( A random rant)

Just need to rant a bit about the state of the world in general. Woke up this morning to the sound of the house two doors down being spray painted in a 15 mph wind. Walked down stairs to find Amy's Audi TT Quatrro with a fine white mist of overspray all over it. I guess we are lucky she left the top down so it's on the leather insead of the canvas converatble top. Asked them to stop and cover the area, but apparently my spanish is lacking. Next called the builder, who called the painter and apparently his spanish isn't much better and the paint continued, until I called the cops. That was the ticket, guys were gone before they showed up, but the superintendant and the cop both agreed I wasn't hallucinating. So two hours of my time was spent getting estimates for the removal which ranged from 350.00-750.00.

I guess my question is .......... does anyone accept responsibility for their own actions anymore? Really? The painter is probbaly an illegal, so good luck with that one. The builder who hired them isn't watching them and making sure they are on the up and up. They have been dumping paint in the ditches for weeks. Hello EPA? Between this one and getting cussed out by a little league coach for following the rules of play just makes me wonder what is happening to the moral fiber of our society.................. discuss.:BangHead:
Buck Beasley is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
random law tunaluna Off Topic 1 12-31-2012 12:21 PM
Sunday random I Need $$$ Off Topic 5 06-27-2010 06:52 PM
Random Thread Kodak Off Topic 8 04-14-2009 02:58 PM
Fair warning: RANT, long rant tyme2move General Discussion (Moto Related) 37 09-03-2008 07:49 AM
Random quote.. AWD Off Topic 23 10-10-2007 02:50 PM
Advertisement
Old 04-23-2007, 12:26 PM   #2
Ulric
Dirty Old

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

..the be short and blunt.

it's gone to the outhouse.
Old 04-23-2007, 12:27 PM   #3
stlal
Superman

Bike(s):
99 F4 Track/2004 Yami Warrior

Send a message via MSN to stlal
That happen to a good friend of mine. They pretty much told him to get fuked. Its a shame people dont use their brains. Hope it turns out well
Old 04-23-2007, 12:28 PM   #4
datbikrgrl_x

Member Garage

...not cool.
Old 04-23-2007, 12:28 PM   #5
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage

Send a message via ICQ to ArturoC Send a message via AIM to ArturoC Send a message via Yahoo to ArturoC Send a message via Skype™ to ArturoC
It's the all me, you until you sue society. Unless it's retail, then it's more subtle and said with a smile. :BangHead:
CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Sponsors: D&D - GoPro - Amsoil
ArturoC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 12:30 PM   #6
blackhalo

sucks, a clay bar should remove a good ammount of overspray if not all of it though.
blackhalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 12:36 PM   #7
Rick H.I.C.
Got Surf? Snow? Track?

Feedback Rating: (3)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
03' 600RR, 05' CR125, 88'NSR 250

Been going down hill for quite some time. 60's or so. You get plate info. on the illegal?
Old 04-23-2007, 12:45 PM   #8
GABRIEL

Feedback Rating: (14)

Experience: 1-3 months

When i first got my new to me truck i hit a illegal that tryed to run a red light and i got a ticket because there were 3 of them and they claimed it was my fault and it wasnt. My truck was wrecked for 3 years before i finaly fixed it. I was 18 and insurance cost more than the truck. that was not the last time that happened to me, after i finaly get it fixed some guy did some ilegal lane change and i rear ended him. He new he was at fault and i think the cops new he was at fault and didnt give anyone a ticket (even though i hit him from behind)and said we should fix or own cars. i was that he could not man up and tell the truth and that the ilegal lied to my face.
GABRIEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 01:00 PM   #9
Buck Beasley
Older,Wiser,Faster

'05 Suzuki SV 650,

'04 Vespa 150

Member Garage

Yeah Rick I got it, and the cop found them two streets over setting up to paint again. He said there was nothing he could do, I'd need to call INS.......
And here I though being here illegally was against the law. Again....who want to accept some responsibility?
Old 04-23-2007, 01:10 PM   #10
MadseasoN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Beasley
I guess my question is .......... does anyone accept responsibility for their own actions anymore?
Unfortunantly, not too many people do.
MadseasoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 01:21 PM   #11
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

Quote:
Yeah Rick I got it, and the cop found them two streets over setting up to paint again. He said there was nothing he could do, I'd need to call INS.......
And here I though being here illegally was against the law. Again....who want to accept some responsibility?
That system is definetly broken. I have had several incidents with illegals deciding to play bumper cars and nothing happens except I get screwed. It's great! I love it! :eh:

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 01:24 PM   #12
GABRIEL

Feedback Rating: (14)

Experience: 1-3 months

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moody
That system is definetly broken. I have had several incidents with illegals deciding to play bumper cars and nothing happens except I get screwed. It's great! I love it! :eh:
Illegals and bumper cars go hand and hand.
GABRIEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 02:30 PM   #13
Derek Steptoe
aka MULATTO

Bike(s):
:-(

Send a message via AIM to Derek Steptoe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moody
Thats crazy. What happens if you were the one playing bumper cars with them?
Derek Steptoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 02:43 PM   #14
t.dubya
Senor Member

Bike(s):
k7 gsxr 600 (now dead)

Quote:
Just need to rant a bit about the state of the world in general. Woke up this morning to the sound of the house two doors down being spray painted in a 15 mph wind. Walked down stairs to find Amy's Audi TT Quatrro with a fine white mist of overspray all over it. I guess we are lucky she left the top down so it's on the leather insead of the canvas converatble top. Asked them to stop and cover the area, but apparently my spanish is lacking. Next called the builder, who called the painter and apparently his spanish isn't much better and the paint continued, until I called the cops. That was the ticket, guys were gone before they showed up, but the superintendant and the cop both agreed I wasn't hallucinating. So two hours of my time was spent getting estimates for the removal which ranged from 350.00-750.00.

I guess my question is .......... does anyone accept responsibility for their own actions anymore? Really? The painter is probbaly an illegal, so good luck with that one. The builder who hired them isn't watching them and making sure they are on the up and up. They have been dumping paint in the ditches for weeks. Hello EPA? Between this one and getting cussed out by a little league coach for following the rules of play just makes me wonder what is happening to the moral fiber of our society.................. discuss.:BangHead:

I had something simular happen to me, the builder next door had crews that damaged my car, the crews did not want to take responsibility, and neither did the builder.

Ultimately the liability is on the part of the builder. If he hired crews that are not insured/bonded then the liability falls squarely on the builder.

I sent a certified letter demanding payment or else legal action would be taken and if not paid a lien would be placed on his property.

Unfortunatley you will probably have to take them to small claims court. You ought to win, but it is kinda a pain.

Good luck, and stick to your guns in getting the builder/painter to pay up.
t.dubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 03:04 PM   #15
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulatto
Thats crazy. What happens if you were the one playing bumper cars with them?
I still get screwed?

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 03:11 PM   #16
bumblebee
Yeah I'm flippin' YOU off

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
'74 Suzuki GT380
'82 XS650 StreetTracker
'10 Ducati Streetfighter
'83 Yamaha Seca 900

I have a friend that is a lawyer recently working for a major insurance company. He is now hanging out his own shingle and is looking for cases. PM me if your interested.
bumblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 03:13 PM   #17
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Bike(s):
2006 Hayabusa (totaled)2007 Hayabusa, 2004 CRF 50

the liability falls on the builder. They hire the painters which are each thier own contractor. That way they don't have to follow OSHA rules. but even so each should have their own insurance to cover damages, if they don't you can go after the painter which has shallow pockets, or go after the contractor, which may have not so shallow pockets. A letter from an attorney may be enough to get some money. If they are wise they will settle out of court instead of spend more money in court. you may need some pictures of them painting right down the street to entice them to pay up though
sbfuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 03:26 PM   #18
Buck Beasley
Older,Wiser,Faster

'05 Suzuki SV 650,

'04 Vespa 150

Member Garage

Fortunately I have a police report of the incident and I have already handed the buildere my three estimates. Now we'll see what happens next. Thaks for the attorney help, got a great one of my own already, been with him for eight years and he's one vendictive MF. It'll be paid for, just the pain in my that I really didn't need today. There are deeper meanings to the thread that so far only a few have seemed to get.
Old 04-23-2007, 03:36 PM   #19
jus10

Bike(s):
KX TooNifty

Quote:
Fortunately I have a police report of the incident and I have already handed the buildere my three estimates. Now we'll see what happens next. Thaks for the attorney help, got a great one of my own already, been with him for eight years and he's one vendictive MF. It'll be paid for, just the pain in my that I really didn't need today. There are deeper meanings to the thread that so far only a few have seemed to get.
I think I get what you're saying...( I saw your earlier post before it "disappeared" :icon_bigg )
jus10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 03:44 PM   #20
arturo3rd
OG Sheriff/ Boss

Bike(s):
2015 HD Forty Eight

Quote:
Originally Posted by jus10
I think I get what you're saying...( I saw your earlier post before it "disappeared" :icon_bigg )
i saw it too :eh:

Advertisement