MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Events, Meets and Rides
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2007, 09:09 AM   #61
KORN13
WHAT UP SIR???

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
04 GSXR 600 BLK/SLVR & 05 GSXR 600 RD/BLK(LEOs took my BABY)

sunday ride...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zrob25
I might make it out there, but not on the bike. Wife will want to go and she's no biker chick yet. Going to get a gun on sun to so maybe I'll see yall out there.
hey bro this sundays ride will be the perfect time to get her on the bike...We will be takin it slow CHOPPER SPEED...And the gun whats up? are you goin to the GANGSTA side like DAVE C??? lol
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
north side/ woodlands ride to Kemah crawfish festival March 22nd. Jerzey Events, Meets and Rides 14 03-22-2014 11:06 AM
*REGULATORS 3RD Annual Crawfish festival Ride.* onewheelmoto Events, Meets and Rides 6 03-09-2012 10:10 PM
crawfish festival ride 4/20 sw, se, meetin spot lbjasonc Events, Meets and Rides 11 04-20-2008 08:28 AM
crawfish festival ride 4/20 lbjasonc Events, Meets and Rides 100 04-16-2008 08:06 AM
149 ride 4-15 Humble crew Azylum General Discussion (Moto Related) 14 04-16-2007 10:22 PM
Advertisement
Old 04-25-2007, 11:00 AM   #62
Zrob25

She gets scared at 30 mph. She's only been on the bike once. But now at least she is going to start getting used to it. Got to break her in slowly or she wont do it.
Old 04-25-2007, 11:03 AM   #63
criticalerror

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
Harley 03 FXDL
Rat bike (work in progress) Iron Head Sportster

I'm still trying to decide if I'm going. It may be just too akward having my Harley there with all the speed bikes. I'm trying to get a few other harley riders to ride with me. Guess I can take the back with Dave C cause im not looking to ride over 70mph. Riding 90 is a little uncomfortable for me.

Questions:

I dont wear a helmet a lot of times. Is that a problem with your group?

What is the route? I live by Old Town Spring and starting in humble is a pretty short ride going 1960 - aldine westfield.

Is this a rain or shine ride?
criticalerror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 11:47 AM   #64
TILLA THE KILLA

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
2008 Yamaha R1
2000 Suzuki TLR 1000 (sold)

Send a message via MSN to TILLA THE KILLA
were pretty big on Helmets chief...Ramos, Sean, and i will be there homies

Get Money
moneyinthebankc 2
TILLA THE KILLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 01:27 PM   #65
eppster05
veni vedi vechi

Bike(s):
Yamaha R6

^^^ +1. to each his own. if i rode a Harley or a cruiser bike like dave:laughing6 , i probably wouldn't wear a helmet either.
Old 04-25-2007, 01:32 PM   #66
eppster05
veni vedi vechi

Bike(s):
Yamaha R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by criticalerror
Questions:

I dont wear a helmet a lot of times. Is that a problem with your group?

What is the route? I live by Old Town Spring and starting in humble is a pretty short ride going 1960 - aldine westfield.

Is this a rain or shine ride?

you'll find that the sports bike riders are not going to give you a hard time about the helmet, and one of us might pick up the pace and the slow down or something like that just to get it out of our system... BUT one thing that "most" sports bikes dont do that harley riders do a lot is "ride in the rain" :confused2 ... maybe i shouldn't speak for everyone, but in my own opinion... mother nature keeps us street bikers inside.

im not speaking for everyone, but as for me rain= no ross... lol.
Old 04-25-2007, 01:35 PM   #67
KORN13
WHAT UP SIR???

Bike(s):

HUMBLE CREW...

Its up to the rider to wear the gear but, we would like for everyone to wear the proper safty gear to be safe...as far as wheelies every1 knows to do it when it is clear,with gear on and wheelies are for the exspersed only!!!Im pretty sure every1 dont want any1 harmed doin wheelies,and even worst to be harmed WITHOUT gear on....This is per sportbikes,now Harleys we ask at least wear a lid PROTECT the MAIN NOODLE PLEASE!!!!
Old 04-25-2007, 02:11 PM   #68
KORN13
WHAT UP SIR???

Bike(s):

KIDS....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave C
not to be a but no one should be telling anyone what they should and should not wear. we arent kids here
We cant tell any1 what to do with gear,but yet YOU want for us to tell them on how fast to go or not to do wheelies....So what kids are we or you directing those request too???
Old 04-25-2007, 02:25 PM   #69
Bricksta

Bike(s):
Suzuki 600/ 06 crf250/ 06 crf 450

I wanna make it but im not sure what time my Msf class is over.
Bricksta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 03:09 PM   #70
criticalerror

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
Harley 03 FXDL
Rat bike (work in progress) Iron Head Sportster

I wasnt trying to start any trouble I just wanted to ask to see peeps reactions. Dont get me wrong, I wasn't asking permission to ride without a helmet (although my wife and mom probably wish I would) but if a bunch of peeps are going to freak out then i'll pay respect to your group and find others to ride with. It really comes down to how I feel before I raise my kickstand. I generally wear a helmet when riding to work and any ride that requires freeway travel. On a short ride like this I wouldnt wear 1. As was mentioned earlier by Dave C, I take my corners a lot more upright then you guys, im usually cruising slower in straight aways, I NEVER stand up on my bike or pop whillies (just the thought makes me chuckle). Thats not to say its any safer for me to ride but what is safe in life? Anyways, if the group as a whole has a problem with no helmets then i'll pay my respect and ride elsewhere. IMHO I'm a grown man, i made the needed sacrafices to buy my scooter and i'll ride any way I see fit. My buddies think im crazy for wanting to ride with sport bikes anyways but for me its all about being on 2 wheels and meeting new people. I just dont want every1 pointing their fingers when I pull up saying "hey theres the trouble maker with no helmet". Exspecially because I'll most likely be drunk wearing my bathing suit. :laughing6
criticalerror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 05:20 PM   #71
zero_cool

Member Garage

Quote:
doesn't matter to me and shouldn't to anyone else if you wear your gear =) To each their own. I don't get in the whole talking down about those on the harleys w/ no gear partly because they aren't ever hauling and trying to take corners like us lol =) I'll call my friend steve and see if he is bringing his cruiser out.. =) He'd love to be around other cruisers intead of the sport guys lol

and serioulsy if anyone of you say no helmet don't ride w/ us I'll start being a and say any wheelie freaks doing stand ups on the freeway in the groups and I'm not riding. as if that kind of speed and is safe
Quote:
Originally Posted by eppster05
^^^ +1. to each his own. if i rode a Harley or a cruiser bike like dave:laughing6 , i probably wouldn't wear a helmet either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eppster05
you'll find that the sports bike riders are not going to give you a hard time about the helmet, and one of us might pick up the pace and the slow down or something like that just to get it out of our system... BUT one thing that "most" sports bikes dont do that harley riders do a lot is "ride in the rain" ... maybe i shouldn't speak for everyone, but in my own opinion... mother nature keeps us street bikers inside.

im not speaking for everyone, but as for me rain= no ross... lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KORN13
Its up to the rider to wear the gear but, we would like for everyone to wear the proper safty gear to be safe...as far as wheelies every1 knows to do it when it is clear,with gear on and wheelies are for the exspersed only!!!Im pretty sure every1 dont want any1 harmed doin wheelies,and even worst to be harmed WITHOUT gear on....This is per sportbikes,now Harleys we ask at least wear a lid PROTECT the MAIN NOODLE PLEASE!!!!
Quote:
not to be a but no one should be telling anyone what they should and should not wear. we arent kids here
Quote:
We cant tell any1 what to do with gear,but yet YOU want for us to tell them on how fast to go or not to do wheelies....So what kids are we or you directing those request too???
d@mn, looks like the Humble crew turned into a full fleged communist organization. what happened to just riding? when we started the humble thing, it didn't matter who rode, how they rode, or what the fu<k they wore when they rode. even when Zrob did the leapord thing to his seats, it distracted the out of me when i would look over and see that while we were all riding but noone said anything cause thats his bike and his buisness. and when davec wore his pink too too on a ride that one time, we all just let that one slide cause thats just how he gets down. fact of the matter is just have fun and use common fuggin sense. if some wants to a$$ and speed ahead, let um, its their speeding ticket to pay, not yours. i'm sure there will be plenty of people rockin the slow lane so noone should be left behind. , i think imma call kristi and see if she'll let me pilot her bike and throw her on back for the festival. i'm not gonna miss this one.
Old 04-25-2007, 05:33 PM   #72
Zrob25

As long as your not endangering other people with the way you ride! Thats really the only rule. Whitch should be common sence to most! It would be nice to have a mix of street and sport bikes. Especially for ride like Sun. There is no leader of this group. It's a majority rules kind of thing. And CJ it's good to know it was my seat that distracted you. I thought you were stareing at my and was beggining to wonder about you LOL
Old 04-25-2007, 05:37 PM   #73
zero_cool

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zrob25
As long as your not endangering other people with the way you ride! Thats really the only rule. Whitch should be common sence to most! It would be nice to have a mix of street and sport bikes. Especially for ride like Sun. There is no leader of this group. It's a majority rules kind of thing. And CJ it's good to know it was my seat that distracted you. I thought you were stareing at my and was beggining to wonder about you LOL
touche
Old 04-25-2007, 05:49 PM   #74
KORN13
WHAT UP SIR???

Bike(s):

FRIENDS???...

Quote:
and note to all me and KORN13 are good friends so plz don't think we are enemies lol. I'll be there Sunday
WHO THE SAID DAT WE WERE FRIENDS????I THOUGHT WE WERE BROTHERs FROM OTHER MOTHERs on 2 wheels....LOL YEAH every1 ME & DAVE C are great friends,and just see it differently when it comes to riding squid....But what family wont be right without a fight or 2...lol I or WE the HUMBLE CREW just would like if you wear @ least a LID....dats all that Im saying or askin of YOU...
Old 04-25-2007, 05:59 PM   #75
Zrob25

Thats all good toeknee. With all due respect it's not your place to ask or tell or whatever. Not tryin to be a jerk or anything.
Old 04-25-2007, 06:03 PM   #76
KORN13
WHAT UP SIR???

Bike(s):

whatever...

FU<K it,every1 ride how you wanna ride...JUST stay out my way if you go down...And I wont be turnin back to explain to any1 family members,why they didnt wear a helmet on our rides....SUBJECT IS THROU on MY BEHALF....
Old 04-25-2007, 06:06 PM   #77
50cc chick
I <3 Josh

Bike(s):
Aprilia Ride Smart 50 (SOLD)

Send a message via AIM to 50cc chick
Quote:
Call N SICK... lol
I would but I am on close watch and well...neddless to say I got in trouble on Mon!!!:eh: so I can't call in for 2months!!!
50cc chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 06:09 PM   #78
KORN13
WHAT UP SIR???

Bike(s):

Ive been there....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50cc chick
I would but I am on close watch and well...neddless to say I got in trouble on Mon!!!:eh: so I can't call in for 2months!!!
I was like dat myself for awhile until,I just said FU<K IT I QUIT Im tired of walkin on thin ice....So I feel ya on that 1,we will ride sum other time 2gether...
Old 04-25-2007, 06:15 PM   #79
50cc chick
I <3 Josh

Bike(s):
Aprilia Ride Smart 50 (SOLD)

Send a message via AIM to 50cc chick
i can't quit....
bills, hobbies, to support, and plus if i make till next month my roommate gets $500 so she would be mad...loL!!!
50cc chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 01:10 AM   #80
eppster05
veni vedi vechi

Bike(s):
Yamaha R6

well ... i missed out on the whole argument while i was at work...

i would have to jump onboard with rob on this one...

in fact this reminds me of the time that me and rob were gonna ride with this one street bike group and they were freaking out about leathers, boots, gloves, and hard core like that.

my 2 1/2 sense goes something like this:

to each his own. everytime you put that kickstand up, everytime you start up your baby, you take a risk. when i first started riding i had a small conversation with a VERY experienced and old rider, and he said it best... the danger you put yourself in is directly related to the amount of risk you take. everytime you get on you decide if your going to wear gear or go in your birthday suit. you decide if your going to max your bike out and go 170 (or 96mph in dave's case) or go the speed limit... only you can decide those things, and its noones place to determine, judge, or sterotype others based on the risk they take.

BUT... another thing to remember is that, when you put yourself in risk with others around, and something happens, well now your problem is everyone elses problem... i understand why streetbikers ask everyone to wear gear when they go tear up some back roads or something crazy like that.

but on a simple cruise saying that anyone and everyone are invited... i wouldnt mind some cruisers, choopers, and anyone else to come along.

so, "criticalerror"... i would hope that most people would agree with me when i say... not only should you get out there and ride with us... but tell anyone and everyone you know on 2 wheels to get out there... you and all your buddies...

in my little-itty-bitty time as a biker... i have come to find out that most people on two wheels are pretty bad- people. easy to get along with, fun, and i havent meet too many bikers that i didnt like. you said it yourself... "its all about getting on 2 wheels and meeting some new people"

cant wait to meet everyone on sunday. dont forget your bathing suit.

Advertisement