MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2007, 10:58 PM   #81
ikp460.
WHO DO VOODOO WE DO...?

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
pHiDDy

Send a message via AIM to ikp460. Send a message via MSN to ikp460.
we just got back from the scene ....Roger was a great guy and a good rider. the other two one was from oregon and the girl was on a church trip or something it was her first time on a bike and she was supposed to go back to norway tomorrow. everyone passed away it was a terrible incident and im not really sure how any of us feel about it.
ikp460. is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help a fellow MH'er get his first bike jmeBADASS General Discussion (Moto Related) 74 06-22-2012 08:52 AM
Help a fellow rider EMTAggie Off Topic 7 04-15-2011 03:16 PM
MH member needs a few prayers sent his way!!! jetcycles Off Topic 16 02-22-2010 03:46 PM
Prayers for friend and fellow rider A303 Forum Updates & Feedback 15 01-17-2007 06:14 PM
R.I.P fellow rider stunterdude General Discussion (Moto Related) 53 11-21-2006 04:59 PM
Advertisement
Old 04-22-2007, 11:01 PM   #82
iraisp
Ninja N00b

Bike(s):
99 EX 250 Ninja

Send a message via AIM to iraisp
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikp460.
we just got back from the scene ....Roger was a great guy and a good rider. the other two one was from oregon and the girl was on a church trip or something it was her first time on a bike and she was supposed to go back to norway tomorrow. everyone passed away it was a terrible incident and im not really sure how any of us feel about it.
wow that's really sad. I feel for her family and close ones. :(
iraisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 11:03 PM   #83
DrunkMagnet
Banned

Bike(s):
2006 GSXR 1000, 2005 Ninja 636 ( TRACK )

Send a message via AIM to DrunkMagnet
User is banned

DrunkMagnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 11:03 PM   #84
The Sooz

Bike(s):
2005 kx85 motard
2004 TTR-125L
2008 Gary Fisher Hoo Koo E Koo
2005 Motobecane 300HT

A303 I can't begin to imagine how you feel after what you witnessed tonight--what anyone who was there witnessed. My sincerest sympathy to you and all other MH members who knew those who have passed.

The Sooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 11:04 PM   #85
Vandals
Scooter

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2003 Yamaha r1
1981 Honda Trail 110 -"The Tank"

Wow.. I hate reading threads like this, It puts butterflies in my stomach every time i see the words "rider down". R.I.P. I feel their families and friends pain. :eh:
Vandals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 11:04 PM   #86
50cc chick
I <3 Josh

Bike(s):
Aprilia Ride Smart 50 (SOLD)

Send a message via AIM to 50cc chick
prayers are definitly sent. And sorry to hear that some of our other fellow MH riders had to witness it all, it's definitly an eye opener. Hang in there MH peeps!!!
50cc chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 11:04 PM   #87
A303

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
00 929rr(sold)/01 929rr

Send a message via AIM to A303
i was ok until i logged on just now, i had a pm from last night, from Roger asking if i wanted to ride today.
A303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 11:06 PM   #88
50cc chick
I <3 Josh

Bike(s):
Aprilia Ride Smart 50 (SOLD)

Send a message via AIM to 50cc chick
Quote:
Originally Posted by A303
i was ok until i logged on just now, i had a pm from last night, from Roger asking if i wanted to ride today.
hang in there Will my prayers are with you too!!!
50cc chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 11:17 PM   #89
fjkfta

Bike(s):
2006 r6 aniv. edition

man reading this just makes you stop and think everytime you put on your gear to get ready for another ride. it seems we lose more and more brothers every year. RIP and my prayers are with his family and the other riders involved.
fjkfta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 11:22 PM   #90
del240z
MH's #1 HOBO

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
None at the moment..... :-(

OMG......

I was very privileged to have met roger before, and he was a very cool a$$ cat. This sucks so much. I mean, it's one thing to hear about a rider around Houston, but it just hurts so much to hear about a fellow MH'er. My prayers are with his familyand the other family's involved and know that Roger is now in the arm's of the lord.....
del240z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 11:23 PM   #91
A303

Bike(s):
00 929rr(sold)/01 929rr

Send a message via AIM to A303
Sitting next to him, I was prayin.
I knew it deep down though, He said it was his time.
A303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 11:30 PM   #92
andre3k
I see dead people...

I see death on a fairly regular basis and it still hurts a little more when it's someone you've had contact with whether its online or in person. Everyone should realize that they're called accidents for a reason. Regardless of the circumstances that led to the collision, it was simply an accident.

Its easy for us to say that we shouldn't "ride beyond our limits". I've been riding since 2000 and I'm still not completely sure of my limits, especially on the street. On the track I know know what my limits are. I push harder, the front or rear can break lose, but I can get up.... patch my bike back together and live to ride another day (hopefully).

Maybe as motorcyclists on the street, we should aim to ride well below our "limits". The part that saddens me the most is that he posted up here not knowing this would be that last day that he would see his family, ride with his friends, or lose his life on a lonely stretch of road in Brookshire, TX.

These spirited rides that we have all partaken of seem a little less spirited after something like this happens.
andre3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 11:37 PM   #93
SpyderR6
Tom's Paint and Body

Bike(s):
2005 R6

R.I.P. my thought go out to him family.

Tom's Auto Repair and Body
3424 Louetta Rd.
Spring, TX 77388
(281) 745-6645 (cell)
(281) 355-9333 (shop, ask for tony)

Want your bike painted? Expired inspection? Been in an accident? We can help, PM HouseofPain.
SpyderR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 11:38 PM   #94
Jango

Send a message via AIM to Jango
i never met him but it is sad to hear of someone passing away. but at least he went while doing something he loved and that we all love doing. weather its the feeling of being free or the rush of being on two wheels its in our blood and im pretty sure he would not want anyone to stop riding.
Jango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 11:40 PM   #95
GsxrStar
drama patrol

Bike(s):
05 gsxr 750

Send a message via AIM to GsxrStar
rip to all. that has pass away. such a sad day today
Old 04-22-2007, 11:40 PM   #96
bentgixxer

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
I has no bike :(
'14 Polaris 550 touring

Send a message via Yahoo to bentgixxer
Quote:
Originally Posted by andre3k
I see death on a fairly regular basis and it still hurts a little more when it's someone you've had contact with whether its online or in person. Everyone should realize that they're called accidents for a reason. Regardless of the circumstances that led to the collision, it was simply an accident.

Its easy for us to say that we shouldn't "ride beyond our limits". I've been riding since 2000 and I'm still not completely sure of my limits, especially on the street. On the track I know know what my limits are. I push harder, the front or rear can break lose, but I can get up.... patch my bike back together and live to ride another day (hopefully).

Maybe as motorcyclists on the street, we should aim to ride well below our "limits". The part that saddens me the most is that he posted up here not knowing this would be that last day that he would see his family, ride with his friends, or lose his life on a lonely stretch of road in Brookshire, TX.

These spirited rides that we have all partaken of seem a little less spirited after something like this happens.
Amen
We'll call it Corpsefish and Horsenuts.
bentgixxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 11:46 PM   #97
houseofpaint
PM for BESTPRICE on parts

Feedback Rating: (7)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2010 Yamaha R1 racebike
2012 GSXR750 Racebike
2003 DRZ125 semiflattracker

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to houseofpaint
Quote:
Originally Posted by andre3k
....These spirited rides that we have all partaken of seem a little less spirited after something like this happens.
+1

Custom Paint, Powdercoating, and Collision repair (Cars and bikes)[/b]
houseofpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 11:50 PM   #98
Nightster Ridester
Holmes Hot Rods & Cycles

Bike(s):
1975 Harley Ironhead

Member Garage

just some protection prayers that you might wanna say before everytime you get on your bike or at least when you wake........

"Father , please send your Holy Angels to stand guard over me today (tonight). I pray that they will minister to me and remind me of your healing power. Lord please keep me safe from the evil one and strengthen me against all temptations that may come my way. Thank You Lord, in the name of Jesus Christ, I pray, Amen." (based on Psalm 91)

"Lord , please surround me with favor as with a shield today. Lord, please strengthen your wall of protection around me, keeping me safe from temptation of the flesh, tricks of the Adversary, and all harm. Lord, please fill my thoughts with Your thoughts and let my words be your words. You are my strength, my shield and my defense, O Lord. Thank You, Lord, in Jesus name I pray, Amen." (based on Psalm 5:12 & Psalm 7:10)

-Harley Davidson is The Original Gangster
Nightster Ridester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 11:55 PM   #99
Nightster Ridester
Holmes Hot Rods & Cycles

Bike(s):
1975 Harley Ironhead

Member Garage

The Guardian Angel Prayer
"Angel of , my guardian dear, to whom His love entrusts me here, ever this day [night] be at my side to light and guard, to rule and guide. Amen."

Angelic Protection Prayer
I request my angels, my true and loving angels of , to protect me today from dark forces and to remove any and all dark energies from my body, mind, spirit and vacinity. I ask warrior angels of the light to guard me against further disturbance. Please fill my aura with divine light and help heal any damage to my body, mind and soul. I am of the light and I am aligned only with and the forces of light and love. Thank you for your assistance. I deserve a life of health, love and happiness. I deserve to be free. So be it. Amen.

Father, Mother Prayer of Protection
Father, Mother I ask that (people you want protected) and myself, our home and our property be cleared and cleansed within the Universal White Christ Light, the Green Healing Light, and the Purple Transmuting Flame. Within 's will and for our highest good, I ask that any and all negativity be completely sealed in it's own light, and cut off and removed from us. Impersonally, with neither love nor hate, I return all negativity to it's source of emanation, decreeing that it never again be allowed to reestablish itself within us or anyone else in any form. I now ask that we be placed within a triple capsule of the Universal White Christ Light of Protection, and for this blessing I give thanks.

-Harley Davidson is The Original Gangster
Nightster Ridester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 12:02 AM   #100
thatboygeorge
powpows ftw

Bike(s):
05 r6

Send a message via AIM to thatboygeorge
very sad....rip to the other 2 riders.... my condolences go out to their families
thatboygeorge is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement