MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2007, 02:15 PM   #221
Dementia

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
'07 Triumph 675 Daytona

Send a message via AIM to Dementia
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FastGSXR
HONESTLY DUDE, Ur right it could have happened to any1 of us, but saw fit for me not to get out and ride that day, and the FACT OF THE MATTER IS if HE wanted these 3 to see ANOTHER DAY, HE WOULD HAVE SEEN TO IT THAT THEY WERE SOMEWHERE ELSE AS WELL!!!!

UR LIFE AND ALL OUR LIVES ARE IN HIS HANDS, LUCK AND RESPONSIBILITY HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH IT.
WHOA....backing outta this thread.......
Dementia is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help a fellow MH'er get his first bike jmeBADASS General Discussion (Moto Related) 74 06-22-2012 08:52 AM
Help a fellow rider EMTAggie Off Topic 7 04-15-2011 03:16 PM
MH member needs a few prayers sent his way!!! jetcycles Off Topic 16 02-22-2010 03:46 PM
Prayers for friend and fellow rider A303 Forum Updates & Feedback 15 01-17-2007 06:14 PM
R.I.P fellow rider stunterdude General Discussion (Moto Related) 53 11-21-2006 04:59 PM
Advertisement
Old 04-23-2007, 02:15 PM   #222
Faylaricia
The Comtesse

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'02 Honda VFR800

Quote:
Originally Posted by witchdoctor575
Maybe could be better timing
Considering all the run-offs that happened this weekend and this tragedy down on Crabb River Rd, I think it is good for everyone to reflect and re-evaluate riding habits. And some have already indicated that in here but to really discuss this, I'd just suggest a different thread than this one. This one is really for the riders and the passenger.
Old 04-23-2007, 02:16 PM   #223
Squeaky

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
DL1000K3
XR400R

Member Garage

Send a message via ICQ to Squeaky Send a message via Yahoo to Squeaky
Please respect the fallen rider and take anything other than prayers and support to another thread. All opinions are valid, but there is a time and a place for everything.
"Forget not that the Earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair." -Kahlil Gibran
Squeaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 02:16 PM   #224
datbikrgrl_x

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJRmgm
and for the record - I am not "great" - I'm only a responsible rider who doesn't want to see ANYONE get hurt while riding a motorcycle.

This thread should be a topic of discussion before every group ride you are on for some period of time.

Oh sweetheart...you seem very angry and bitter. I am truly sorry you are having such a hard time in life. I hope someone doesn't come down on you this hard when you do something stupid and really something up bad...like maybe...your life. We all make a really stupid decision at some point in our lives and unfortunately...some of us pay some horrible consequences. So...no, darlin...this is not the time or place. Please be human.
Old 04-23-2007, 02:18 PM   #225
A303

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
00 929rr(sold)/01 929rr

Send a message via AIM to A303
Please, just prayers in this thread.
July 25, 1977 - April 22, 2007
You will be missed.
A303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 02:18 PM   #226
GrandeLatte
Technology Pimp

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
96 GL1500
03 F650CS

Member Garage

i'm sorry to hear about this. my prayer is with all that's been involved.
GrandeLatte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 02:20 PM   #227
A303

Bike(s):
00 929rr(sold)/01 929rr

Roger and I had been planning a BBQ at my house, I would still like to do this with all of his friends.
You will be missed.
Old 04-23-2007, 02:20 PM   #228
Nightster Ridester
Holmes Hot Rods & Cycles

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
1975 Harley Ironhead

Member Garage

now thinkin about it....his signature of MC hammer dancing lol makes me laugh when i see it.....but i just thought you know what? knowing roger, thats what hes doin while waiting his turn at the front gates of heaven

-Harley Davidson is The Original Gangster
Nightster Ridester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 02:23 PM   #229
indoMLA
If it's free, it's for me

Bike(s):
'02 Yamaha R6 - SOLD

Quote:
and for the record - I am not "great" - I'm only a responsible rider who doesn't want to see ANYONE get hurt while riding a motorcycle.

This thread should be a topic of discussion before every group ride you are on for some period of time.
I don't want to take away from the losses we have sustained as a group and for some of you a family, but I have to agree with fjrmgm on this, this is exactly the time and place for something like this to be outspoken and discussed. We are hearing about deaths and riders going down all the time and also the time of year has come when a lot more of us are hitting the streets. We need to look at this and other threads similar to this as a warning and a wake up call to all of us. We make jokes, in the instance of posting up pics of squids, and stunters who take to the streets instead of parking lots, guys riding way to fast on the streets not meant for such speed and riding style, but when someone we all know passes on, it doesn't matter what he/she did to die, we all mourn.

If fjrmgm's anger is a rant, but opens any of our eyes to what happened, then I say this is the place to air it out. This rider (Roger) is someone some of us knew and respected, but he died in a fashion that we condemn others for. He died and so did two others (, I pray the lady survived and it was just a case of false info of her being dead), but we all need to wake up and start taking our own advice and that means gearing up, riding safe, and looking out for others...

Once again our prayers and thoughts to all....RIP...

All, take this as a eye opener, the roads are not the track.... be safe....
...... but when i have problems being able to screw other things i normally tie them up and lube the out of it. dont be afraid do get rough with it. if you cant handle it with the tool you have maybe the task is to hard for you. in which case if could be time for some tag team action and maybe even a foursome...
indoMLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 02:23 PM   #230
TooBuku
Dumb Gook

Send a message via AIM to TooBuku
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FastGSXR
HONESTLY DUDE, Ur right it could have happened to any1 of us, but saw fit for me not to get out and ride that day, and the FACT OF THE MATTER IS if HE wanted these 3 to see ANOTHER DAY, HE WOULD HAVE SEEN TO IT THAT THEY WERE SOMEWHERE ELSE AS WELL!!!!

UR LIFE AND ALL OUR LIVES ARE IN HIS HANDS, LUCK AND RESPONSIBILITY HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH IT.
has nothing to do with it either. happens
Old 04-23-2007, 02:23 PM   #231
A303

Bike(s):
00 929rr(sold)/01 929rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzr600racer
now thinkin about it....his signature of MC hammer dancing lol makes me laugh when i see it.....but i just thought you know what? knowing roger, thats what hes doin while waiting his turn at the front gates of heaven

:laughing6
You will be missed.
Old 04-23-2007, 02:28 PM   #232
Brena23
Mothernugget

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2005 CRF450R - tarded
Scooter- 2004 metropoliten
Mini-RM 65
2006 GSXR 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by indoMLA
I don't want to take away from the losses we have sustained as a group and for some of you a family, but I have to agree with fjrmgm on this, this is exactly the time and place for something like this to be outspoken and discussed. We are hearing about deaths and riders going down all the time and also the time of year has come when a lot more of us are hitting the streets. We need to look at this and other threads similar to this as a warning and a wake up call to all of us. We make jokes, in the instance of posting up pics of squids, and stunters who take to the streets instead of parking lots, guys riding way to fast on the streets not meant for such speed and riding style, but when someone we all know passes on, it doesn't matter what he/she did to die, we all mourn.

If fjrmgm's anger is a rant, but opens any of our eyes to what happened, then I say this is the place to air it out. This rider (Roger) is someone some of us knew and respected, but he died in a fashion that we condemn others for. He died and so did two others (, I pray the lady survived and it was just a case of false info of her being dead), but we all need to wake up and start taking our own advice and that means gearing up, riding safe, and looking out for others...

I agree that it needs to be discussed debated or whatever. All most of us are trying to say that THIS THREAD is not the place. Make another thread for discussions about things like this please.

Satan ButtNuggets Mothernugget
Brena23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 02:29 PM   #233
datbikrgrl_x

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by indoMLA

Hun, many of us respect what you are trying to say but this is a "Prayers Please...Fellow MH Rider" thread. You wanna discuss what went wrong, why it went wrong, and what coulda been done instead of being stupid...then you go start that thread. Those of us that want to respectfully indicate our concern and express our lifted prayers on behalf of these individuals, would really like you to move on and not bombard us with this "under normal circumstance", very wise criticism. Please?!?! We beg you. :confused1
Old 04-23-2007, 02:32 PM   #234
Candie

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2013 Ninja 300
07 CBR 600RR (sold)
09 Ninja 250 (sold)
04 CBR 600RR (sold)
04 GSXR 600 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by datbikrgrl_x
Hun, many of us respect what you are trying to say but this is a "Prayers Please...Fellow MH Rider" thread. You wanna discuss what went wrong, why it went wrong, and what coulda been done instead of being stupid...then you go start that thread. Those of us that want to respectfully indicate our concern and express our lifted prayers on behalf of these individuals, would really like you to move on and not bombard us with this "under normal circumstance", very wise criticism. Please?!?! We beg you. :confused1
Well said Xanthea!
Old 04-23-2007, 02:39 PM   #235
FJRmgm

Bike(s):
Yamaha FJR 1300
Honda CBR 954RR
Yamaha WR250R

Mods - out of respect for the family who may view this thread, would you edit my original post and move everything after the first line to a new, separate topic?
thanks.
FJRmgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 02:40 PM   #236
ikp460.
WHO DO VOODOO WE DO...?

Bike(s):
pHiDDy

Send a message via AIM to ikp460. Send a message via MSN to ikp460.
thank you fjrmgm and all of those that quoted too please....
ikp460. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 02:42 PM   #237
Los
Gang Member

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
'04 Yamaha R6 Edition
'14 Yamaha R6

Send a message via AIM to Los
Quote:
wrong - the time and place is NOW... Three people died because of foolish and irresponsible riding.. When would you like to discuss it?

And you know what? If not for me being on that same road at a slightly different time that day it could have been me taken out - and that me off and it should you too.

This did not have to happen - all on that ride, especially the lead rider who was setting the pace, are responsible and accountable.
Notably taken... thanks

I was going well above the speed limit and lead the ride... if you want to make a difference call the cops and report me for attempted vehicular manslaughter. I feel bad enough for what has happened and maybe Im not feeling as bad as I should. Thanks for what you are trying to do.. i guess. You are absolutely correct.
Old 04-23-2007, 02:43 PM   #238
indoMLA
If it's free, it's for me

Bike(s):
'02 Yamaha R6 - SOLD

Quote:
Mods - out of respect for the family who may view this thread, would you edit my original post and move everything after the first line to a new, separate topic?
thanks.
Mods, please do the same for my post... and to those of whom I may have offended, my apologies...
...... but when i have problems being able to screw other things i normally tie them up and lube the out of it. dont be afraid do get rough with it. if you cant handle it with the tool you have maybe the task is to hard for you. in which case if could be time for some tag team action and maybe even a foursome...
indoMLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 02:58 PM   #239
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.

Feedback Rating: (9)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2006 YZF600R (Street)
2009 Iron 883

Member Garage

you cant move posts...only edit or delete them.....
Old 04-23-2007, 03:12 PM   #240
Corona Busa
The Hooter Girls Like it!

Bike(s):
2001 Corona Hayabusa!

Just want to say my prayers & condolences goes out to their families & friends! Very sad & terrible news to hear! To the family... "BE STRONG & HANG IN THERE"!!!

541yl2v
Corona Busa is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement