Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2007, 11:00 PM   #21
Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

08 zx6r
99 zx6r
01 GSXR 750 srad
2000 YZF600 Thundercat

Glad you are ok. I almost got rear ended today on westheimer. good thing I was watching and moved out of the way.
fulanito is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I just got hit. messiah General Discussion (Moto Related) 53 10-29-2013 05:55 PM
Worst road debris you've hit or almost hit? darranwil General Discussion (Moto Related) 51 03-27-2013 02:32 PM
What is the strangest thing you hit or almost hit? urbanXJ Off Topic 38 02-27-2009 12:43 PM
Motorcyclist dies after being hit by hit-and-run driver Jay General Discussion (Moto Related) 87 09-04-2007 11:28 AM
Old 04-22-2007, 11:38 PM   #22
Spanish Fly
Take me drunk, I'm home!!

2003 SV650s (sold)

!! glad your ok. Did she say why she didn't see you? how was she it was your fault?
Spanish Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 12:20 AM   #23
The Chosen One
Feedback Rating: (23)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 2

naah. he said she took total responsibility.
Bringing back the old school.
Azylum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 07:25 AM   #24
Alpha Male

'07 GSXR 600

The lady had 2 little yap yap dogs in her car. She said she was slowing to stop behind me and the dogs started fighting. Just then she said the light turned green and she saw my brake light go out so she turned around to slap the dogs and hit the gas at the same time. She hit me about 10-15mph I'm guessing maybe quicker, it all happened so fast. I'm off to the orthopedist now, but after what I have been reading on here about all of our fellow riders that passed yesterday, I feel fortunate, but very saddened for our brothers and their families.

Big "Thank You" to all who have sent their well wishes. I WILL RIDE AGAIN!
gixxer6er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 08:23 AM   #25
The Most Intolerable bish

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 7

'06 GSXR 1000
'02 GSXR 750

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to Candy
Originally Posted by gixxer6er
I was on my bike following my roommate who was driving his car and at a stop light. I was just sittin there mindin my own f'n business and WHAMMO! Some silly b*itch runs me down from behind. I was tangled up in the bike which was all rapped up in her car and fell to the street.. I looked up and my left leg was pretzled up underneath the bike. Needless to say the ambulance came and took me to the hospital where the xrays showed nothin broken..(thank ) but said there may be torn ligaments, so MRI to follow. I'm at home, relaxin but about my BRAND NEW, two week old '07 GSXR 600 that is pretty beat up. The rear sub frame is completely broken and many other scratches and things over the rear portion of the bike I was in full gear, helmet, jacket, gloves, pants, etc. so no road rash and other than my knee being jacked and a lot of pain, I'm ok. She had insurance and admitted fault at the scene to the officers so my question is where do I take my bike for repair/estimates?? Is Motorcycles Unlimited insurance approved, I know they do good work.? Any good lawyers to help me recover medical bills/copays? Thanks for all your help and I hope to be back out there ridin' soon.
Sorry to hear about.....

From an insurance prospective sounds like a total loss. Which means they will probably give you MSRP seeming as though it's only 2 weeks old, but that's a HUGE might.

With bikes we send out an estimator to estimate the damage and if it's repairable they just cut u a check for the amount to fix, but if those damages come within 80% of the blue book value, expect a total loss and HOPE FOR MSRP.

If u get a "repairable estimate", u can go anywhere in terms of the bodyshop, don't have to be "motorcycle approved".

Up to u on a lawyer, I wouldnt hire 1 though UNTIL the claims adjuster starts saying NO for any reason.

PM me if u have any questions.
Bringing Color To A Face Near You
Candy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 08:41 AM   #26
Motorcycles Unlimited
Feedback Rating: (2)

Trackdays: 10+

'14 Speed Triple R, '82 CB900F, '13 Streetglide

If you're not hurt and the lady has insurance, I wouldn't hire a lawyer.

As I said, I deal with a lot of insurance compamies with wrecked bikes and all it does is take much more time to either get the bike repaired or replaced and you may not see any more money.
Call or PM for the BEST PRICES in Houston for PARTS and ACCESSORIES.

NEED GEAR? We have a great selection in stock but if we need to order it we GUARANTEE FIT!
Where Houston riders go to have their bikes worked on, done right the first time!

1964 FM 1960 West
Houston, TX 77090
Hours: Tues.-Fri. 9:30-6:00 Sat. 9-5:30
Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 09:23 AM   #27
#1 Satans' Buttnuggets
Feedback Rating: (1)

Husky 450SMR motard

Patrick will take very good care of your ride trust me. He is the only shop that touches my bike. Thanks for all the great work last week Patrick!
fastline logo

Fastline motorcycle school grid marshal.
PM's open temporarily.
Sifu-TZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 09:23 AM   #28
Why am I not a MH sponsor
Feedback Rating: (5)

2012 KTM RC8RS

Member Garage

Originally Posted by houseofpain
if they total out your bike. PM me, maybe we can work something out.
ambulance chaser! lol
BTW if Tony passes on it PM me

SCRC John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 09:30 AM   #29
i rock knobbies
Feedback Rating: (4)

sorry to hear about the accident. if insurance totals it, how much does it cost to buy it back? i'd be interested in buying a wrecked "salvaged titled" bike for a track bike.
hotnanas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 10:57 AM   #30
The Comtesse

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 3

'02 Honda VFR800

Glad you are okay. Too bad for the new bike.
banner2 sm
Faylaricia is offline   Reply With Quote