MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2014, 02:52 PM   #61
hollywood

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
harley 48
Gsxr750
KTM exc200
RM85
Zx7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayinhouston View Post
Say buddy..... did your pipes come in yet....??? I help a rider out last Friday that got caught up with the cold weather over in LA. on Hwy. 90 north of Houma... He works offshore and didn't know about the cold front... he had his work gloves, but they were wet, he was getting gas at the same station I was at... I gave him a pair of M/C gloves... and he was on a "48".... He also had some kind of aftermarket pipe on his... H-D should have there kicked for selling bikes you have too spend money on to make them run 'right'.............
my pipes did come in. how do you figure it didn't run right? im a gear head. the bike ran fine. I just cant leave anything stock. I didn't buy it to haul . oh and by the way people that think Harleys are slow have never ridden one. my bike dynoed at 87hp and 102ftlb of torque. I will gladly run my 48 against any 600cc super sport. I might not have the 160mph top end but I will get their with torque. who the needs that top end for the street anyways. a Harley isn't a track bike. ive owned more sport bikes than I can count and I love my Harley that's all that matters. I don't give a what anyone rides. im a true moto enthusiast. I appreciate anything on 2 wheels whether it be a moped Harley or Honda.
hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
S.H.I.T. (Sure Happy Its Thursday) Meet is on. Spring, Woodlands, Conroe, Northsiders Krazy D Events, Meets and Rides 14 11-09-2012 10:08 PM
S.H.I.T. (Sure Happy Its Thursday) Meet is on. Spring, Woodlands, Conroe, Northsiders Krazy D Events, Meets and Rides 2 10-24-2012 04:41 PM
Happy Happy Birfday, HELENA!!! quEEn B Off Topic 50 02-09-2009 09:27 PM
Hello from The Woodlands houstonredrider General Discussion (Moto Related) 14 01-29-2007 11:38 AM
happy man vs happy woman (lol) Gimpin2Fold Off Topic 8 08-11-2006 10:50 AM
Advertisement
Old 01-27-2014, 02:55 PM   #62
hollywood

Bike(s):
harley 48
Gsxr750
KTM exc200
RM85
Zx7

Quote:
Ok... If you really think any motor that will "turn on" when you push the start button runs "right".... yes... I guess so.... but it also stumbles euff so it won't get out of it's own way.... that's bad.... BUT... if if you install pipes and get a 'stage one' tune... your all good.... Oh, and now your making 73 RWHP, that to me is H-D BS.... but, I do see that H-D is coming out with some water cooled small bikes... how cutting edge... they look like 1985 Honda Shadow's and do get me started on the V-Rod... I have spanked so many of them with my 30 year old V65, it's not funny anymore.... I'm gone
id love to see that v65 spank a vrod by the way. do you even own a bike? you don't have any listed. lets see some pics?
Old 01-27-2014, 03:01 PM   #63
hollywood

Bike(s):
harley 48
Gsxr750
KTM exc200
RM85
Zx7

Old 01-27-2014, 04:24 PM   #64
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

Not sure what you feel that video proves, but your gonna get your handed to you by a 600ss. That Busa run was sad and could be beat by a 600 with a really good and light weight rider. Assuming the rider can ride your tq isnt gonna win you many races even against a 600.

Last edited by bluewave18; 01-27-2014 at 04:27 PM.
bluewave18 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 06:37 PM   #65
Rayinhouston

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
1998 Valk
1984 Honda V65 Sabre
KLR-650
1976 DT-400
Suzuki T-350 C-Z 400, Husky 360c, 71 SL-70 "hotrod"

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywood View Post
my pipes did come in. how do you figure it didn't run right? im a gear head. the bike ran fine. I just cant leave anything stock. I didn't buy it to haul . oh and by the way people that think Harleys are slow have never ridden one. my bike dynoed at 87hp and 102ftlb of torque. I will gladly run my 48 against any 600cc super sport. I might not have the 160mph top end but I will get their with torque. who the needs that top end for the street anyways. a Harley isn't a track bike. ive owned more sport bikes than I can count and I love my Harley that's all that matters. I don't give a what anyone rides. im a true moto enthusiast. I appreciate anything on 2 wheels whether it be a moped Harley or Honda.
Yep.... I went to a H-D ride in about 4 years ago and did a couple of dyno runs... at first the guy running them didn't want my business.... Then some clowns started in on how bad they wanted to see how bad the rice burner would do..... I made 128.9 WRHP (in May of 05 I went to a V4 Honda BBQ east of Dallas and pulled a couple 97.9 WRHP runs, have the run sheet to prove it) after the Dyno Day was over, the dyno guy came over and told me not to get a BIG HEAD... that when he runs H-D's, he bumps the factor up by 25%......... did you get a dyno run sheet....???? I'm glad you like your "48" and I'm a gear head also, but HD still need to start making a better product that doesn't need fixing to get out of it's own way.... and yes... I got my FIRST Harley back in 88 before they were COOL to have, it was a 79, 80 in. Low Rider... still have my 67 FLH....
Rayinhouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 06:43 PM   #66
Rayinhouston

Bike(s):
1998 Valk
1984 Honda V65 Sabre
KLR-650
1976 DT-400

Thumbs up

Quote:
id love to see that v65 spank a vrod by the way. do you even own a bike? you don't have any listed. lets see some pics?
Well... I guess you HAD to be there... all I can say, it was a Sunday morning, right by the Sears @ 43rd. St. going south and by the time I by the time I got into third, I looked in the rear view.... and Mr. V-rod was doing the "turn of SHAME".... come to find out, I spoke to one of his buddies a couple of days later.... he thought my V65 was only a 650cc bike...........

Dude.... don't be hating.... come to bike night this Thursday night... first brew is on me.... I'll be wearing my V4 t-shirt...
Old 01-27-2014, 06:55 PM   #67
Miloman

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
Honda 50
Bugatti veyron ss (sold)
Dodge Tomahawk (sold)
Ducati desmosedici RR (sold)
MTT turbine bike (sold)

I run high 6's on a mostly stock 600 in the 8th, what's that Harley run?
Miloman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 09:57 PM   #68
hollywood

Bike(s):
harley 48
Gsxr750
KTM exc200
RM85
Zx7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miloman View Post
I run high 6's on a mostly stock 600 in the 8th, what's that Harley run?
any real racer will tell you in a drag race (especially an 1/8 mile) torque is gonna get you. all hp is gonna do is give you the top end. 1/8 mile run you don't have time for that hp to come into play. im assuming you have a cbr 600rr. the specs on it are 117 hp and 49ftlb of torque. 49ftlb is not gonna do much for getting you off the line. I guess I need to put my money were my mouth is and just go run it.
Old 01-28-2014, 10:48 AM   #69
madtrini
Recent Convert

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
'03 Yamaha R6

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewave18 View Post
Not sure what you feel that video proves, but your gonna get your handed to you by a 600ss. That Busa run was sad and could be beat by a 600 with a really good and light weight rider. Assuming the rider can ride your tq isnt gonna win you many races even against a 600.
truth. i have hurt many a vrods feelings on my old pos r6.....
madtrini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 11:00 AM   #70
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

Quote:
any real racer will tell you in a drag race (especially an 1/8 mile) torque is gonna get you. all hp is gonna do is give you the top end. 1/8 mile run you don't have time for that hp to come into play. im assuming you have a cbr 600rr. the specs on it are 117 hp and 49ftlb of torque. 49ftlb is not gonna do much for getting you off the line. I guess I need to put my money were my mouth is and just go run it.
You clearly dont have much drag racing experience. Its not about "time for power to come into play". Nothing at all to do with it. When you throw the clutch at 9000 rpms you are in the power out of the hole. Dont try that with a Harley BTW. You also need to consider weight. The 600 has a significant weight to HP advantage. Enough so that your supposed tq advantage is looking pretty sad. A bone stock 600 can easily run 11.00 at 127 with my 220# on it. You drop the weight by 20# and you are looking at 10.80. I hate to break at to you but your Harley isnt gonna win any races at the strip. I only have around 700+ passes of experience. At least 400 were done on 600cc bikes. You may not want to listen to me.
Old 01-28-2014, 11:11 AM   #71
VicTOEmizer

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
rc51 (sold)
TTR 125 :)
Buell xb12r (sold)
2013 z1000 (sold)
Ducati multistrada :)

Hollywood, as a guy who owned a Harley motor as yourself with a few more go fast parts in it including custom tune and exhaust I'll say this. It indeed has some really good torque BUT the top end fizzles way too quickly to keep up with any SS.

Hollywood, look at me,.......over here, look at the screen. You are delusional, or you have never ridden an SS to make the claims you are making. /thread
Old 01-28-2014, 11:50 AM   #72
Nocturnal_Rod

Feedback Rating: (1)

Hollywood I would have just order and installed everything myself. Forget the dyno tune and buy a Cobra PowrPro tuner and she will run excellent.

If you have warranty work you can simple remove the tuner. HD will want you to get that POS screamin eagle super tuner.
Nocturnal_Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 12:10 PM   #73
Jae
Kilted Basterd

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
Naked Sprint
Russian POS
Angry Max/Tub
Pile o' Hyosungs

Member Garage

Quote:
r.... he thought my V65 was only a 650cc bike...........

Dude.... don't be hating.... come to bike night this Thursday night... first brew is on me.... I'll be wearing my V4 t-shirt...
Haha, that is classic.

BTW, do you go to the Euro bike night on Thursdays? I'm curious to know if we've met in person before.
Old 01-28-2014, 12:11 PM   #74
chevy42083

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
'09 XB12scg
'07 650r Stolen/recovered

It took that long for someone to point out that the Harley weighs 250lb (min) more than a SS? And that weight is just as important as power/torque?
Old 01-28-2014, 12:21 PM   #75
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy42083 View Post
It took that long for someone to point out that the Harley weighs 250lb (min) more than a SS? And that weight is just as important as power/torque?
I was holding the big stuff back to see where it went
Old 01-28-2014, 01:31 PM   #76
Rayinhouston

Bike(s):
1998 Valk
1984 Honda V65 Sabre
KLR-650
1976 DT-400

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jae View Post
Haha, that is classic.

BTW, do you go to the Euro bike night on Thursdays? I'm curious to know if we've met in person before.
At the pub on North Shepard...??? I'm a 40 year + friend of Jaime's dad... I own the 76 DT-400 that they have taken up there before...

Old 01-28-2014, 01:43 PM   #77
Jae
Kilted Basterd

Bike(s):
Naked Sprint
Russian POS
Angry Max/Tub
Pile o' Hyosungs

Member Garage

Quote:
At the pub on North Shepard...??? I'm a 40 year + friend of Jaime's dad... I own the 76 DT-400 that they have taken up there before...

The same. Pretty sure I've seen the bike, not putting a face with it just yet though. I'm usually up there on a ratted out '87 Venture (giant ammo can saddlebags), was on the blue and black Hyosung on Sunday if you happened to be up there with that group then.
Old 01-28-2014, 04:48 PM   #78
Rayinhouston

Bike(s):
1998 Valk
1984 Honda V65 Sabre
KLR-650
1976 DT-400

Thumbs up

Quote:
The same. Pretty sure I've seen the bike, not putting a face with it just yet though. I'm usually up there on a ratted out '87 Venture (giant ammo can saddlebags), was on the blue and black Hyosung on Sunday if you happened to be up there with that group then.
This is a pic of Jamie and her 58-9 BSA......... That's her Triumph behind her

11vgw0n
Old 01-29-2014, 10:31 AM   #79
Jae
Kilted Basterd

Bike(s):
Naked Sprint
Russian POS
Angry Max/Tub
Pile o' Hyosungs

Member Garage

oh, I'm good friends with Jamie, I meant I wasn't putting a face with the DT400 yet... I've been going to the Shepherd Park meets for about a year and a half now, probably only missed about 12-15 weeks in that time, so pretty sure I've been up there the same time as you at some point, but I'm bad about getting around and talking to everyone.

I understand we're celebrating Cory's birthday tomorrow.. if you come out there will be cake!

ok, done with this threadjack. back to about harley's and their dealers...
Old 01-31-2014, 07:50 AM   #80
Rayinhouston

Bike(s):
1998 Valk
1984 Honda V65 Sabre
KLR-650
1976 DT-400

Thumbs up

Quote:
oh, I'm good friends with Jamie, I meant I wasn't putting a face with the DT400 yet... I've been going to the Shepherd Park meets for about a year and a half now, probably only missed about 12-15 weeks in that time, so pretty sure I've been up there the same time as you at some point, but I'm bad about getting around and talking to everyone.

I understand we're celebrating Cory's birthday tomorrow.. if you come out there will be cake!

ok, done with this threadjack. back to about harley's and their dealers...
Say Jae.... good to meet you last night... and good luck with your side-car Yamaha... Hey Mr. 48.... did you get that 'tune' yet....?????

Advertisement