MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2014, 09:26 AM   #41
madtrini
Recent Convert
 
madtrini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 673

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
'03 Yamaha R6




Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayinhouston View Post
..... I think I just might go get me ONE TOO and be a 'red light king'....
not sure if trolling.....

or just being a douche.


madtrini is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
S.H.I.T. (Sure Happy Its Thursday) Meet is on. Spring, Woodlands, Conroe, Northsiders Krazy D Events, Meets and Rides 14 11-09-2012 10:08 PM
S.H.I.T. (Sure Happy Its Thursday) Meet is on. Spring, Woodlands, Conroe, Northsiders Krazy D Events, Meets and Rides 2 10-24-2012 04:41 PM
Happy Happy Birfday, HELENA!!! quEEn B Off Topic 50 02-09-2009 09:27 PM
Hello from The Woodlands houstonredrider General Discussion (Moto Related) 14 01-29-2007 11:38 AM
happy man vs happy woman (lol) Gimpin2Fold Off Topic 8 08-11-2006 10:50 AM
Advertisement
Old 01-21-2014, 09:35 AM   #42
hollywood
Senior Member
 
hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Champions
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 353

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
harley 48
Gsxr750
KTM exc200
RM85
Zx7






Quote:
Originally Posted by madtrini View Post
not sure if trolling.....

or just being a douche.


I'm thinking both.
hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 09:44 AM   #43
Flip Flop
Ordained Minister
 
Flip Flop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Cypress
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 10,518

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
2006 SV650S(sold)(happy now?)
Toes Ducati Multistrada(what now buck?)








Most people who are trolling are also total douche bags, so it kind of just comes natural. Sounds like he's not having very much fun on that POS kick start that he saved so much money on. That's why my original conclusion was that he is just hating on someone who went out and got a brand new motorcycle from the harley dealer(Like he could have gotten a brand new HD elsewhere or something)
Flip Flop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 09:47 AM   #44
VicTOEmizer
GUEST
 
VicTOEmizer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: seabrook tx
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 14,692

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
rc51 (sold)
TTR 125 :)
Buell xb12r (sold)
2013 z1000 (sold)
Ducati multistrada :)






Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelnutt View Post
Most people who are trolling are also total douche bags, so it kind of just comes natural. Sounds like he's not having very much fun on that POS kick start that he saved so much money on. That's why my original conclusion was that he is just hating on someone who went out and got a brand new motorcycle from the harley dealer(Like he could have gotten a brand new HD elsewhere or something)
I don't think you have any room to call anyone a douchbag.
__________________
KEEP YOUR PRIVATE OFF THE INTERNET FOLKS!
VicTOEmizer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 11:07 AM   #45
Neon Samurai
3090 MotoGP Champion
 
Neon Samurai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Kings Landing
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 3,221

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2010 Ducati Streetfighter (sold)
2012 Triumph Speed Triple R
2008 Triumph Sprint ST (Sold)
2014 BMW s1000R
2012 Aprilia Tuono (sold)






i really dont care what other people ride, it may be a slow POS in my eyes but they made that choice.

I know I like exotic fast machines.
__________________
ASSASSINO
Neon Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 11:38 AM   #46
Flip Flop
Ordained Minister
 
Flip Flop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Cypress
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 10,518

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
2006 SV650S(sold)(happy now?)
Toes Ducati Multistrada(what now buck?)








Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon Samurai View Post
i really dont care what other people ride,
That's probably because You're not a troll/douchebag/both.


courtesy of urbandictionary.com:

"trolling:
Being a on the internet because you can. Typically unleashing one or more cynical or sarcastic remarks on an innocent by-stander, because it's the internet and, hey, you can.

troll:
One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument

Internet Troll:
A person whose sole purpose in life is to seek out people to argue with on the internet over extremely trivial issues. Such arguments can happen on blogs, Facebook, Myspace and a host of others.
The best thing you can do to fight an internet troll is to not answer..or report them.

douchebag:
Someone who has surpassed the levels of jerk and , however not yet reached or ."

Look familiar?

anyways; let us know how it goes with getting the dealer to tune it for free. GL
Flip Flop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 11:51 AM   #47
Jae
Kilted Basterd
 
Jae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Richmond
Feedback Rating: (9)
Posts: 5,076

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
Naked Sprint
Russian POS
Angry Max/Tub
Pile o' Hyosungs

Member Garage


Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelnutt View Post
That's probably because You're not a troll/douchebag/both.


courtesy of urbandictionary.com:
...
douchebag:
Someone who has surpassed the levels of jerk and , however not yet reached or ."
Put so eloquently...
__________________
Keeping the "F-U" in "fun"
Jae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 05:19 PM   #48
hollywood
Senior Member
 
hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Champions
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 353

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
harley 48
Gsxr750
KTM exc200
RM85
Zx7






Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon Samurai View Post
i really dont care what other people ride, it may be a slow POS in my eyes but they made that choice.

I know I like exotic fast machines.
I agree. I have a passion for 2 wheels period. I don't care what anyone rides if you're on 2 wheels you're cool in my book.
hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 06:10 PM   #49
bcompton
DirtyCoast
 
bcompton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 118

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
1980 Peugeot LVS-U3
2005 Suzuki SV650-S
1978 Vespa Ciao
1980 Motobecane Traveler
1962 Motobecane






Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon Samurai View Post
i really dont care what other people ride, it may be a slow POS in my eyes but they made that choice.

I know I like exotic fast machines.
I love when I'm out riding one of my little mopeds and stop somewhere and some starts cracking jokes on why I don't get a "big boy's bike". I pull out a picture of my SV650S, then show him pictures of parts I have customized on my mopeds. They usually will still end with some douchey remark, but yeah. A lot of the old cats love it though, but still run into elist old cats too, so whatever.

I live by real riders ride for the fun, not the looks.
bcompton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 06:38 PM   #50
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com
 
ScooterTrash's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Cut n Shoot
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 17,239


Bike(s):
lots of em






thats whack that none of the definitions said : some angry dude that lives under a bridge.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelnutt View Post
That's probably because You're not a troll/douchebag/both.


courtesy of urbandictionary.com:

"trolling:
Being a on the internet because you can. Typically unleashing one or more cynical or sarcastic remarks on an innocent by-stander, because it's the internet and, hey, you can.

troll:
One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument

Internet Troll:
A person whose sole purpose in life is to seek out people to argue with on the internet over extremely trivial issues. Such arguments can happen on blogs, Facebook, Myspace and a host of others.
The best thing you can do to fight an internet troll is to not answer..or report them.

douchebag:
Someone who has surpassed the levels of jerk and , however not yet reached or ."

Look familiar?

anyways; let us know how it goes with getting the dealer to tune it for free. GL
__________________
[COLOR="Lime"][B]Highway HorrorS c.c.[/B][/COLOR]



[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 06:40 PM   #51
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com
 
ScooterTrash's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Cut n Shoot
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 17,239


Bike(s):
lots of em






Quote:
Originally Posted by bcompton View Post
I love when I'm out riding one of my little mopeds and stop somewhere and some starts cracking jokes on why I don't get a "big boy's bike". I pull out a picture of my SV650S, then show him pictures of parts I have customized on my mopeds. They usually will still end with some douchey remark, but yeah. A lot of the old cats love it though, but still run into elist old cats too, so whatever.

I live by real riders ride for the fun, not the looks.
when someone makes a negative comment are you really ready with a photo album of other "manly" items? and do they really stay around long enough to look at the pictures?
__________________
[COLOR="Lime"][B]Highway HorrorS c.c.[/B][/COLOR]



[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 08:09 AM   #52
Flip Flop
Ordained Minister
 
Flip Flop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Cypress
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 10,518

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
2006 SV650S(sold)(happy now?)
Toes Ducati Multistrada(what now buck?)








..
Flip Flop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 11:37 AM   #53
bcompton
DirtyCoast
 
bcompton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 118

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
1980 Peugeot LVS-U3
2005 Suzuki SV650-S
1978 Vespa Ciao
1980 Motobecane Traveler
1962 Motobecane






Quote:
Originally Posted by ScooterTrash View Post
when someone makes a negative comment are you really ready with a photo album of other "manly" items? and do they really stay around long enough to look at the pictures?
Yep, the glory of smart phones is having pictures saved on them. Most really want to talk and inquire about my mopeds, which gives me the time to show photos of my other bikes, it's just that some folks just approach in such a douche bag way. So I let em know I ride "big boy bikes too" to give a more common ground, I just love mopeds way more! I don't bother with the "elist" types at all though. Just those I can tell are interested, but just made a bad approach to talk about it, or just made the same bad joke that someone else has made before.
bcompton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 11:07 PM   #54
Rayinhouston
Senior Member
 
Rayinhouston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Hou/Richmond
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 200

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
1998 Valk
1984 Honda V65 Sabre
KLR-650
1976 DT-400
Suzuki T-350 C-Z 400, Husky 360c, 71 SL-70 "hotrod"






Thumbs up

Here you go Guy's....... live the dream............

__________________
P. Raymond Johnson Jr.
Back in TX. for now...
"live life"
Rayinhouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 01-26-2014, 11:19 PM   #55
Rayinhouston
Senior Member
 
Rayinhouston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Hou/Richmond
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 200

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
1998 Valk
1984 Honda V65 Sabre
KLR-650
1976 DT-400
Suzuki T-350 C-Z 400, Husky 360c, 71 SL-70 "hotrod"






Say buddy..... did your pipes come in yet....??? I help a rider out last Friday that got caught up with the cold weather over in LA. on Hwy. 90 north of Houma... He works offshore and didn't know about the cold front... he had his work gloves, but they were wet, he was getting gas at the same station I was at... I gave him a pair of M/C gloves... and he was on a "48".... He also had some kind of aftermarket pipe on his... H-D should have there kicked for selling bikes you have too spend money on to make them run 'right'.............
__________________
P. Raymond Johnson Jr.
Back in TX. for now...
"live life"
Rayinhouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 05:33 AM   #56
Bigshankhank
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Cypress
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,231

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
1972 Aermacchi Sprint SX350
1972 Honda CL175 K5
1978 Kawasaki KE100
1978 Kawasaki KE250
1970 Suzuki TC90






Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayinhouston View Post
".... He also had some kind of aftermarket pipe on his... H-D should have there kicked for selling bikes you have too spend money on to make them run 'right'.............
I'm confused by this statement. I have had several Harley's, and ridden many more in stock form, and all of them ran "right".
And with just a couple hundred bucks for some slips ons and new carb jetting, you could eliminate the restrictions that Harley is forced by the government to install on their machines, and the bikes woud run even better. Where in this is Harley at fault for following EPA and NTSB regulations? Fact is, they should be commended for making aftermarket parts to de-restrict their engines.
Bigshankhank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 09:49 AM   #57
Rayinhouston
Senior Member
 
Rayinhouston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Hou/Richmond
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 200

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
1998 Valk
1984 Honda V65 Sabre
KLR-650
1976 DT-400
Suzuki T-350 C-Z 400, Husky 360c, 71 SL-70 "hotrod"






Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigshankhank View Post
I'm confused by this statement. I have had several Harley's, and ridden many more in stock form, and all of them ran "right".
And with just a couple hundred bucks for some slips ons and new carb jetting, you could eliminate the restrictions that Harley is forced by the government to install on their machines, and the bikes woud run even better. Where in this is Harley at fault for following EPA and NTSB regulations? Fact is, they should be commended for making aftermarket parts to de-restrict their engines.
Ok... If you really think any motor that will "turn on" when you push the start button runs "right".... yes... I guess so.... but it also stumbles euff so it won't get out of it's own way.... that's bad.... BUT... if if you install pipes and get a 'stage one' tune... your all good.... Oh, and now your making 73 RWHP, that to me is H-D BS.... but, I do see that H-D is coming out with some water cooled small bikes... how cutting edge... they look like 1985 Honda Shadow's and do get me started on the V-Rod... I have spanked so many of them with my 30 year old V65, it's not funny anymore.... I'm gone
__________________
P. Raymond Johnson Jr.
Back in TX. for now...
"live life"
Rayinhouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 10:21 AM   #58
Jae
Kilted Basterd
 
Jae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Richmond
Feedback Rating: (9)
Posts: 5,076

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
Naked Sprint
Russian POS
Angry Max/Tub
Pile o' Hyosungs

Member Garage


v65, huh? an '85 Vmax will still walk about 80% of non-super sports on the road. what's your point? not everything is built for speed, especially air-cooled bikes that weigh 800 lbs.

a lot of people who ride H-Ds seem to think an engine running "right" is completely open pipes and an engine that vibrates itself to pieces at idle. personally, I'm rather impressed that they can manage to pass EPA requirements with the technology they're using. don't get me wrong, they seem to have good engineers, and I'm sure if they wanted to make a competitive, high hp, liquid-cooled engine they're more than capable of, but that's not why people buy them.

hey, want to really get worked up over something? go compare the specs of a new Yamaha Bolt to the specs of one of HD's new street 500's or 750's. I think you'll be surprised.

bolt vs. 883 comparison: http://www.cycleworld.com/2013/08/26...mparison-test/

HD isn't the only one producing these bikes that you think don't run "right"... and there's obviously a market for them.
__________________
Keeping the "F-U" in "fun"

Last edited by Jae; 01-27-2014 at 10:24 AM.
Jae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 12:01 PM   #59
dboi
r1
 
dboi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Northside Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 620

Experience: 9-12 months

Bike(s):
09 buell xb12r. ( sold )
09 r1 ( sold )








U should try the harley on 290 nd crossroads the parts guy nd girl there seem to be pretty good, plus for me there like my only friends lol. No other harley will deal with me because im on a buell. Note buell harley same but im like disowned for some reason, dont get me wrong they dont kick me out the door but they wont help either.
__________________
[/SIGPIC]
dboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 12:03 PM   #60
dboi
r1
 
dboi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Northside Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 620

Experience: 9-12 months

Bike(s):
09 buell xb12r. ( sold )
09 r1 ( sold )








Might I add if I need anything from them its a week wait period literally I waited a week for the neutral lights bulb.
__________________
[/SIGPIC]
dboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:51 AM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy