MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2014, 01:00 PM   #61
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelnutt View Post
I'm not stealing anything. I'm THINKING about finding a way to prevent them from continuing to rape me for 10 dollars a day to drive on a road that was promised to have been a free road years ago..
It's theft of service. Don't use it if you don't want to pay
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
C FREE BURLESQUE SHOW WITH FREE BOOZE! TONIGHT! 10/20/2011 NewRider Events, Meets and Rides 33 10-21-2011 08:46 AM
Question about tolls ssuydam General Discussion (Moto Related) 28 03-18-2010 01:41 PM
Free Food, Free Alchohol PLS&R Cookoff Sat 9.26.9 Flip Events, Meets and Rides 1 09-26-2009 02:22 PM
Free Food, Free Alchohol PLS&R Cookoff Fri 9.25.9 Flip Events, Meets and Rides 0 09-25-2009 04:57 PM
Advertisement
Old 01-14-2014, 01:13 PM   #62
Buelligan

Trackdays: 10+

2015 KTM 200 xc-w
2012 Triumph Street Triple
2008 KTM 144sx
2005 TTR125e (wife's)

I've had an EZ tag for a very long time, never been billed once on my bike. There is a gap of about a foot either side of the white stripe going through 2 lanes together. Stay in your lane but next to the stripe, it won't pick it up. Got pulled over 2 years ago when a cop was following me theu the EZ tag, pulled me over asked for the EZ tag, then when I had one he wrote me a ticket for failure to stay in my lane, BS ticket, took it to court, plead not guilty to the prosecutor, she threw it out immediately. I was in my lane and they had no proof. If you ride the stripe they can ticket you. I get a statement from EZ tag every month and never billed doing it this way.
PS: when entering on from a side feeder road, I've found riding as close to the cement wall as possible on the left side it doesn't pick that up either, go figure.
Buelligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 01:17 PM   #63
TMAX
Forever MODERATE

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
TMAX (Retired in California)
Xciting 500
XT 225
Duke 2
C14 & FZ6

"You missed the point completely. The point wasn't that it's the same thing as stealing. The point is it's illegal just the same and likely carries a much stiffer penalty if they decide to ticket you for it. Speeding at 20+ over definitely carries a stiffer penalty. Obviously the state considers that a bigger deal than not paying tolls."

Try not paying tolls.
Old 01-14-2014, 01:18 PM   #64
Flip Flop
Ordained Minister

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
2006 SV650S(sold)(happy now?)
Toes Ducati Multistrada(what now buck?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buelligan View Post
I've had an EZ tag for a very long time, never been billed once on my bike. There is a gap of about a foot either side of the white stripe going through 2 lanes together. Stay in your lane but next to the stripe, it won't pick it up. Got pulled over 2 years ago when a cop was following me theu the EZ tag, pulled me over asked for the EZ tag, then when I had one he wrote me a ticket for failure to stay in my lane, BS ticket, took it to court, plead not guilty to the prosecutor, she threw it out immediately. I was in my lane and they had no proof. If you ride the stripe they can ticket you. I get a statement from EZ tag every month and never billed doing it this way.
PS: when entering on from a side feeder road, I've found riding as close to the cement wall as possible on the left side it doesn't pick that up either, go figure.
^ Look guys, We got ourselves a real career criminal over here! Just look at the total disregard for all morals and laws. Someone ban this guy immediately and delete his post.

Anyway back to turning this thread into something other than an pointless argument; have You done this recently and it worked?
Flip Flop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 01:24 PM   #65
Volfy
Fava Beans & a Chianti

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
'15 300RR
'15 250XCF-W
'14 Trophy SE
'10 VFR1200F
'05 GSXR600 (track)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanXJ View Post
I have had $800 ez tag bills and can tell you if your plate is mounted in view riding the line dosn't do ****. When the weather is really bad (rainy and foggy) it missed me a few times but otherwise hard to beat the speed of light.
UH, sir... I know of a guy with 3 bikes, all of which still have their ugly stock license plate arms that sticks way out back. He even replaces the license plate light bulbs with bright LEDs, to increase his bike's visibility from behind. He tells me what you said is not true.

It's not me, of course. I am an up-standing law-abiding citizen that pays every dime I owe the gubmint and/or roadway authorities.
Volfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 01:38 PM   #66
Flip Flop
Ordained Minister

Bike(s):

^ Yeah I also know a guy who is just going to make this simple, get an EZ tag and see what happens. Worst case He won't have to stop and pay the person at the booth and if He ends up getting charged for every toll, he will just have to take 610.
Old 01-14-2014, 01:48 PM   #67
Jae
Kilted Basterd

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
Naked Sprint
Russian POS
Angry Max/Tub
Pile o' Hyosungs

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMAX View Post
Lane Splitting is not stealing. No matter how you spin it.

I used to steal tolls

I actually used to do it for about a year cause I got Fined $500 for $30 worth of tolls that went unaddressed becuase my credit card got stolen and i forgot to give them the new card number. Went to court and plead my case, but no bones.

Anyways, no matter how much i'd lke to ride the line now, it's still stealin'.

Lane splittin and stealin? haha.

I don't think one of the ten commandments is "Thou shall not Lane Split"
My issue with it is that even if it's to "cover maintenance costs", my bike is about 1/4 the weight / contact patch of the average 2-axle vehicle (or even less) that travels the road, so there needs to be a lower toll for motorcycles, just like there's a higher toll for heavy/multiple axle vehicles. I have no issue running 3/4 or so of tolls just based on simple logic.

Really though, if they're going to let single drivers pay to clog up the HOV on every major highway, then make the toll road free for HOV-eligible vehicles.
Old 01-14-2014, 02:00 PM   #68
Volfy
Fava Beans & a Chianti

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
'15 300RR
'15 250XCF-W
'14 Trophy SE
'10 VFR1200F
'05 GSXR600 (track)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jae View Post
My issue with it is that even if it's to "cover maintenance costs", my bike is about 1/4 the weight / contact patch of the average 2-axle vehicle (or even less) that travels the road, so there needs to be a lower toll for motorcycles, just like there's a higher toll for heavy/multiple axle vehicles. I have no issue running 3/4 or so of tolls just based on simple logic.

Really though, if they're going to let single drivers pay to clog up the HOV on every major highway, then make the toll road free for HOV-eligible vehicles.
That's if they pay. I see driver-only cars/trucks hogging the 59 HOV open section (untolled south of BW8) every morning. Then they slip back into the main lanes just before the closed (tolled) section. Not paying a single cent.
Volfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 02:24 PM   #69
urbanXJ
erect engorged member

Bike(s):
2008 Versys

while I pay my tolls and all that , I just want to say

THE HCTRA

and

and the COH for allowing the tolls to keep collecting

OBAMA too
urbanXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 02:28 PM   #70
Flip Flop
Ordained Minister

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volfy View Post
That's if they pay. I see driver-only cars/trucks hogging the 59 HOV open section (untolled south of BW8) every morning. Then they slip back into the main lanes just before the closed (tolled) section. Not paying a single cent.
You know what's even more of a joke? People are paying five bucks per trip(outrageous) and where is that money going to? They definately aren't spending money on enforcing the HOV lane, that's a fact. Seems to me like it's just like the toll road. The money vanishes into outer space.

Don't ask me how I know, but they don't even enforce it when single person cars drive through the "HOV only" side with a single driver, instead of getting over into the 5 dollar toll lane. The camera flashes, but where the pictures go to is just as much of a mystery as where the cash is going.

That just goes to show you that they don;t give a about reducing traffic congestion. All they want is to collect your money and not use any of it to improve things.
Old 01-14-2014, 04:29 PM   #71
Vegas Kid

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
07 R6-sold
12 TTR 50

Quote:
I'm not stealing anything. I'm THINKING about finding a way to prevent them from continuing to rape me for 10 dollars a day to drive on a road that was promised to have been a free road years ago. They are charging over a dollar about every ten or so miles for NOTHING. Riding on a road that was paid for a long time ago. You've got it twisted big time. I'm not the crook, the county is
Boy, do I love this liberal mentality....

It's not fair... costs to much...the states a crook...blah blah blah

Are you really surprised the government is taking more of your money than they really need? , you should see my income tax bill. They are in the business of making money; so yes, the poor folk who schlep to work everyday have probably paid for the toll roads 3x over, but that's not going to stop them from raping you/me and anybody else that rides those roads.

Nobody likes paying tolls

Look, either pay the tolls like the rest of us or risk the consequences.
Vegas Kid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 04:56 PM   #72
Flip Flop
Ordained Minister

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Kid View Post
Boy, do I love this liberal mentality....

It's not fair... costs to much...the states a crook...blah blah blah

Are you really surprised the government is taking more of your money than they really need? , you should see my income tax bill. They are in the business of making money; so yes, the poor folk who schlep to work everyday have probably paid for the toll roads 3x over, but that's not going to stop them from raping you/me and anybody else that rides those roads.

Nobody likes paying tolls

Look, either pay the tolls like the rest of us or risk the consequences.
I'm not crying about anything. The sole purpose of this thread was to ask people who are experienced with running tolls for advice on how to get away with it...then it spiraled downhill into some lame moral/legal debate.

I'm really not all that concerned with what people opinions are of My desire to run the tolls. The bottom line is I don't feel the least bit bad about stealing from the HCTRA. I wish nothing but the worst for those bastards. If someone took a front end loader and plowed down all of their toll booths, offices and every other facility they owned other than the roads that the citizens have paid for in the middle of the night when no workers were preset, then turned around and plowed down all of the fat cats who are running it's houses down while they were out investigating what happened, it would make my day.

The whole reason I started arguing My point in the first place is because people were suggesting that this thread be removed...for some unknown reason. People talk about doing illegal things on this board all the time, so I really just didn't see what the difference is. It seems like if it's something illegal that they participate in, it's perfectly acceptable...but if they don't do it, you're a total criminal and they're perfect.
Old 01-14-2014, 05:02 PM   #73
Absalom

Bike(s):
07' Gsxr600
07' Zx6r (sold)

Completely agree with shellnut. "Its a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws" i firmly live by that.

Quit being a bunch of old women and crying because someone else is cheating the system that us everyday. Ive cheated the tolls for about 5 months now.

crazy if you think im gonna pay again for a road ive already paid for.
Absalom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 05:02 PM   #74
grsa

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
V-Strom 650
Triumph Sprint ST 1050
Moto Guzzi Breva 750ie

+1 on illegal stuff.that is true.
Old 01-14-2014, 05:14 PM   #75
Neon Samurai
3090 MotoGP Champion

Bike(s):
2010 Ducati Streetfighter (sold)
2012 Triumph Speed Triple R
2008 Triumph Sprint ST (Sold)
2014 BMW s1000R
2012 Aprilia Tuono (sold)

We should rise up and organize a huge MH ride to protest!!
Old 01-14-2014, 05:30 PM   #76
urbanXJ
erect engorged member

Bike(s):
2008 Versys

yea, and someone should bring a range rover
urbanXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 01-14-2014, 05:38 PM   #77
VicTOEmizer

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
rc51 (sold)
TTR 125 :)
Buell xb12r (sold)
2013 z1000 (sold)
Ducati multistrada :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon Samurai View Post
We should rise up and organize a huge MH ride to protest!!
We could just send Ivan and his hippie buddies to do it for us. All we'd have to do is tell them there is a taco truck full of Lone Star somewhere on the route and we're set.
Old 01-14-2014, 05:43 PM   #78
Jae
Kilted Basterd

Bike(s):
Naked Sprint
Russian POS
Angry Max/Tub
Pile o' Hyosungs

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelnutt View Post
You know what's even more of a joke? People are paying five bucks per trip(outrageous) and where is that money going to? They definately aren't spending money on enforcing the HOV lane, that's a fact. Seems to me like it's just like the toll road. The money vanishes into outer space.

Don't ask me how I know, but they don't even enforce it when single person cars drive through the "HOV only" side with a single driver, instead of getting over into the 5 dollar toll lane. The camera flashes, but where the pictures go to is just as much of a mystery as where the cash is going.

That just goes to show you that they don;t give a about reducing traffic congestion. All they want is to collect your money and not use any of it to improve things.
Not true, several mornings on the way in on 59 northbound (around 7:30, when the HOV is marked "closed" for tolls) I've seen multiple cops pulling people over near the transit center on/off lanes and ticketing, even when I saw the car drive through the toll lane. That kind of made me happy, but that's only been 3 mornings I've seen this happen out of 5 months of riding this route, but to be fair I also usually travel earlier when it's open for paying customers.

Last edited by Jae; 01-14-2014 at 05:45 PM.
Jae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 05:47 PM   #79
Jae
Kilted Basterd

Bike(s):
Naked Sprint
Russian POS
Angry Max/Tub
Pile o' Hyosungs

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volfy View Post
yeah, this too. I know two wrongs don't make a right, but if I see a vehicle with only one person in the HOV I pass them. (legally, of course)
Old 01-14-2014, 06:00 PM   #80
Ulric
Dirty Old

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Quote:
I'm not stealing anything. I'm THINKING about finding a way to prevent them from continuing to rape me for 10 dollars a day to drive on a road that was promised to have been a free road years ago. They are charging over a dollar about every ten or so miles for NOTHING. Riding on a road that was paid for a long time ago. You've got it twisted big time. I'm not the crook, the county is.
You know there's a charge associated with using that particular roadway...your intent is attempt to find a way to circumvent that....it's still theft, not matter how you paint it in an attempt to justify it. There's a legal recourse for trynig to change that, but you ignore and/or chose not to pursue it.

Quote:
Since You're an expert can explain this scenario for me? They had literally hundreds of workers with all kinds of equipment and they expanded the entire SW section of the beltway by 1 lane and built multiple toll plaza's 100% complete with higher tolls in just over a month. All without even discussing it from what I've seen. No talks of "lack of funding" or any of that nonsense. They had an massive budget to knock those new toll booths out in no time.
1 aspect of it is they OWNED the land within x-range of most the existing tollways... 290/45/59 are different animals for a variety of reasons you simple minded scrub.

Advertisement