MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2007, 10:34 AM   #41
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

Why is this funny?

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Saw this today, thought it was funny VicTOEmizer Off Topic 13 05-25-2011 01:58 PM
funny story from today sbfuller Off Topic 4 04-26-2011 01:32 PM
had a funny arguement today. Chris24 Off Topic 6 06-10-2007 05:32 PM
funny old school super bowl comercial flip326 Off Topic 0 09-16-2005 09:53 AM
Advertisement
Old 04-20-2007, 11:34 AM   #42
mr_joe

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2005 R6-Sold
2008 CBR1000

wow a MExican getting in your way for lane splitting? Usualy in dead stop traffic i get a thumbs up or a ORALEY way.( thats a whats up ) with a smile. i NEVRE and i repeat Never cut to the front of the line always at least 2 cars back. in the front the Coper with Def. see you. plus the Red necks( ) are usualy in front with the big trucks. and Defiantly the ones with the confederate flags on the back window. plus they might not have the Maneuverability we do but they are smart opps I mean resourceful and start throwing objects at you.

na but seriously you want to know who you need to stay away from the cars with Louisiana plates. i swear there out to get me or bikers for no Freaking reason.

www.myspace.com/mrjoes
mr_joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 11:50 AM   #43
GABRIEL

Feedback Rating: (14)

Experience: 1-3 months

I hate cars that try to get ahead in trafic just to be one car in front of you. Everyones going nowhere in traffic, so i just try to relax. on my bike it over heats quick in traffic so i think i would lane split. For the cagers that try to block you in, they are some a-hole's.
GABRIEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 12:42 PM   #44
jkcole900rr

Bike(s):
95 cbr900rr 97 cbr900rr (parts) 03 honda xr50

Send a message via Yahoo to jkcole900rr
found something interesting

While I've been away it seems that the Texas legislature has finally gotten smart about the practice of lane splitting. As of 1 September 2005 Lane Splitting is now legal on Texas roadways.

For those that don't know, lane splitting is the practice of passing slower congested traffic on the roadway by moving between cars along the white lane dividers, or by passing on hard shoulders. The practice is thought to be dangerous by many people, but having practiced it on several occassions in California I have to say that it is a welcome relief from being stuck in heavy traffic with no alternative but to stew in your own leathers.

Way to go Texas.

UPDATE: It appears my source on this issue was a bit off. The bill never left the Texas House, so Lane Splitting is in fact, not legal. I've been in contact with the American Motorcyclist Association and the issue will be pursued int he next Texas Legislative Session in 2007.

first thing i found when i googled it im a lane splitter too
Old 04-20-2007, 12:53 PM   #45
MadseasoN

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth
This guy in a red honda cbr600 was going inbetween everyone at the light so he could be 1st. He was going really slow after he passed me, I guess beacuse he was getting close to the front. But this dude in this HUGE pickup opened his door so he couldn't get passed him. I thought I was going to die laughing :laughing6 :laughing6 :laughing6

I mean come on, is he in that big of a hurry
Real funny.

We need to be able to split lanes in stop & go traffic.
MadseasoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 01:00 PM   #46
level5
moving chicane

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.demento
If I am close to the front, I will usually split to go to the front. If I get a ticket for doing so then that is on me. But nobody should ever take to the law into their own hands as it is not their business.

One day, I was coming into houston on I-10 where HW6 crosses and there was major construction (around noon). Traffic was slowed and redirected on to the feeder road for about 2-3 miles (would have taken me an hour to get thru). There it is in the middle of summer and I am sweating in full gear feeling like I am going to pass out. I try to always play by the rules so I waited and then saw some other cyclist doing heaving splitting. I said to meself, , a cop can only go after one of us, so I followed and took my chances. Halfway through some (mexican guy) in a truck decided to block me. He got out of the vehicle and proceeded at me in a threatening way and said "You can wait like everyone else". Got back in and kept getting in my way. He just didnt realize how close he came to getting shot that day. I dont say this lightly because even though I own and carry, I actually hate weapons (that dumbasses force me to carry). Ultimately, he didnt have the manuverability and I was able to avoid a situation and continue on my way but there are some stupid people out there. This dumbass was actually trying to use the vehicle as a weapon! I say, if it doesnt affect you, just leave other people alone and mind your own business.
level5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 01:08 PM   #47
level5
moving chicane

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJRmgm
"lane splitting is still a gray issue here in TX." - no, it's an illegal issue here in Texas.

So, if the guy on the motorcycle is going between vehicle to get to the front, what does he do when he gets there? Is he now stuck in between cars at the light and the vehicles have to wait while they figure out which lane he is going to use when he takes off?

I don't condone opening doors on anyone but in Houston traffic, lane splitting is not accepted or expected by other drivers.
I have spoke with many DPS troopers and local enforcement officer about lane splitting to the front when traffic is moving slower than 20mph or stand still, each one reply that it is okay to do so as long as as you don't fly pass them. On the book, it is illegal but there is always an exception and practice with care. It's good to know that
Old 04-20-2007, 01:12 PM   #48
Seth
F T W

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
sixsevenfive

Send a message via AIM to Seth
Yah I really don't mind if that guy is trying to get to the front, more power to him. That was an move too of the guy in the truck, and I don't get why people get so .. is it beacuse they can't do it? I think it should be legal, we're small enough to fit there so why not.
Old 04-20-2007, 01:21 PM   #49
BigComfy

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
SV1k (sold)
CRB6 Track Bike (sold)
Daytona 1200 (parted)
1st Gen FZ1 (sold)
1st Gen SV650 (sold)

Member Garage

Hey bro,

No offense but your opening statement makes me think your even stupider than the cager.

Peace
Old 04-20-2007, 04:49 PM   #50
level5
moving chicane

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJRmgm
"lane splitting is still a gray issue here in TX." - no, it's an illegal issue here in Texas.

So, if the guy on the motorcycle is going between vehicle to get to the front, what does he do when he gets there? Is he now stuck in between cars at the light and the vehicles have to wait while they figure out which lane he is going to use when he takes off?

I don't condone opening doors on anyone but in Houston traffic, lane splitting is not accepted or expected by other drivers.
I have spoke with many DPS troopers and local enforcement officer about lane splitting to the front when traffic is moving slower than 20mph or stand still, each one reply that it is okay to do so as long as as you don't fly pass them. On the book, it is illegal but there is always an exception and practice with care. It's good to know that but I wouldn't do it because of as$hole like the one described here thinks that he owns the road and everyone should get in line like everyone else.
Old 04-20-2007, 06:45 PM   #51
1krr
D N R Deez Nuts Racing

Bike(s):
2006 cbr 1000 rr

lane splitting here in hawaii is illagal as well. some of you were talking about 20 bikes parking in 20 stalls and such. here the speed limit is crazy slow. a road in TX that is 45 would be like 25 here. on the highway 50 is the norm. on the news and other forums people have been about how bikes are always speeding on the roads. so alot of us are thinking about getting together and doing the speed limit on the highway. just think, 20 bikes on the highway doing 50 mph. bet that would some people off. stay safe in Houston. knows i miss it.

Advertisement