MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2014, 02:30 AM   #1
HoustonGSXR

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
08 CBR1000RR
06 GSXR1000
06 CBR600RR
07 ZZR600
00 ZR750

Rider down tonight

Happened at S dairy Ashford and Huntington View. He and a car went head to head according to the witness. He was going straight and the car going his opposite direction was turning left at the intersection. He thought turning left would avoid the car and the collision was unavoidable. He got transported to the hospital was told that he will be okay.
No helmet and he ended on top of the car. He was lucky to be alive.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	75239  
HoustonGSXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cop rear ends rider, then BLAMES the rider CTtriple General Discussion (Moto Related) 76 11-06-2013 10:09 AM
Rider and co-rider down 290E & Barker Cypress jimrad General Discussion (Moto Related) 5 04-17-2011 12:17 AM
Rider Down on 242, report says inexperienced rider Davekg General Discussion (Moto Related) 94 03-24-2011 07:11 PM
Another rider down tonight SunnyR6 General Discussion (Moto Related) 128 06-25-2008 10:55 PM
STATUS ON THE RIDER DOWN TONIGHT??? KiNG $h!T General Discussion (Moto Related) 85 10-04-2005 03:29 PM
Advertisement
Old 01-05-2014, 06:45 AM   #2
r6racer
track

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2008 Yamaha R6 Race/track
2012 Yamaha WGP R6
2004 Kawasaki KLx250 2-stroke
2008 Yamaha R6 Street *Sold*
2005 Yamaha R6 Track *Sold*

Member Garage

Oh ok
r6racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 07:25 AM   #3
proasian3

Feedback Rating: (5)

Dual headlights and a big Harley and still the cager didn't see him. Geez. Glad helmetless rider is Ok
proasian3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 01:12 PM   #4
Chuckster

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
2006 Yamaha R1

Harley riders have developed a thicker skull through years of believing they don't need helmets.
Chuckster is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 01-05-2014, 01:29 PM   #5
QsEvo

Bike(s):
2013 R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckster View Post
Harley riders have developed a thicker skull through years of believing they don't need helmets.
QsEvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 04:03 PM   #6
greyedge

Bike(s):
2006 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
2007 Harley-Davidson Street Glide

Member Garage

Quote:
Perhaps it's this mentality that keeps Harley riders from showing up to meet and greets and/or rides. Spitting out this type of stereotypical B.S. does nothing but place a stigma towards you, this forum, and this community. Honestly, that's why I've stopped coming around.

It's just about the same as saying that all sports bike riders only ride in tennis shoes, pops wheelies on the highway, and peel out at stoplights.
Sec/Treas
Region 3 COC&I Information Liaison
greyedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 04:23 PM   #7
JP171

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
00' GSXR 750
05 636

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyedge View Post
Perhaps it's this mentality that keeps Harley riders from showing up to meet and greets and/or rides. Spitting out this type of stereotypical B.S. does nothing but place a stigma towards you, this forum, and this community. Honestly, that's why I've stopped coming around.

It's just about the same as saying that all sports bike riders only ride in tennis shoes, pops wheelies on the highway, and peel out at stoplights.
I hear this from hoggly pushers all the time about me and my bike, hmm oh and that if I don't ride a hoggly I don't ride so yea its the sport bikers fault, yea an my brings in chairman maobama's wife for a brazillian wax daily

For those looking to give back to Texas and serve those in times of need, Join the Texas State Guard.
Locate a Recruiter http://www.gotxsg.com/join.php
JP171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 04:47 PM   #8
greyedge

Bike(s):
2006 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
2007 Harley-Davidson Street Glide

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP171 View Post
I hear this from hoggly pushers all the time about me and my bike, hmm oh and that if I don't ride a hoggly I don't ride so yea its the sport bikers fault, yea an my brings in chairman maobama's wife for a brazillian wax daily
Obviously, you either didn't read my post or only read what you wanted to read. Thanks for proving my point for me...
Sec/Treas
Region 3 COC&I Information Liaison
greyedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 04:49 PM   #9
AYEELE
Yeah i can get it up

Feedback Rating: (7)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
08 1000rr
silver 04 r6(stunt)
Black 03 600rr(sold)
White and pink 06 r6

dam
Old 01-05-2014, 05:12 PM   #10
Chuckster

Bike(s):
2006 Yamaha R1

Quote:

Well, I've asked a few Harley riders why they choose not to wear helmets (or other gear for that matter) and their usual response is that you only need that stuff if you ride fast. I see plenty of cruiser guys wearing full gear and I see lots of sportbike guys wearing t-shirts and tennis shoes. Is it your right to not wear gear? Absolutely. Do I have the right to say something when someone who doesn't wear gear gets hurt in an accident were gear would mean the difference between an ambulance ride or walking away? Absolutely. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to see ANY fellow rider get hurt from an accident and I hope this guy heals up quick.
Old 01-05-2014, 05:57 PM   #11
gots2no
Steve

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'94 Kawasaki ZX6
'78 Yamaha XS750E (sold)
'82 Yamaha Seca 750 (sold)
'82 Yamaha XT200 (sold)

Member Garage

Glad the rider is going to be OK. A rider is a rider.
gots2no is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 06:09 PM   #12
Chuckster

Bike(s):
2006 Yamaha R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gots2no View Post
Glad the rider is going to be OK. A rider is a rider.

Most definitely. It's just frustrating to see these things, whether it be cruiser or sportbike, and think that if they had only been wearing some kind of protection maybe their injuries would need only some bandages and aspirin and not a hospital visit.
Old 01-05-2014, 06:50 PM   #13
JP171

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
00' GSXR 750
05 636

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP171 View Post
Quote:
Obviously, you either didn't read my post or only read what you wanted to read. Thanks for proving my point for me...
ok so lemme see lets take your points off your chest for ya, you quoted Chuckster first about the comment about the thick skull and said its this mentality(from us) that keeps hardly riders from coming here and showing up to meet and greets, ok lets disabuse you of that notion, I did it the wrong way before ok I'll take that but the fact of the matter is that most hardly riders have an attitude against everything that isn't hardly " if you don't ride a Harley , you don't ride " is something I have been hearing from the douche bags that ride Harleys for over 30 years, they as a general rule still hold that attitude specially the weekend warriors and are proud to shove it down everyone's throat( had a run in last week at the gas station some asshat told me to move my piece of so he could fill his real bike (HD)), so if in general it is the attitude projected by so many that ride Harley's and started before most of us were involved with street bikes, how is it that that is the impetus to keep Harley riders from coming here or to the M&G's, its not its plain pure bike prejudice mostly from the Harley riders, but on occasion from the sport bikers that are tired of hearing how good Harleys are and how the sport bikes and riders suck so yea we pick back. I have had Harley riders even tell me to my face that I ride pretty good for a crotch rocket rider. all I said was thanx. so yea again with the smart yea riiiiight its all my fault, ya know what embrace the suck and deal with it facts are facts, hoggly riders are the most prejudiced asshats as a generalization I know against what we ride, your point was rubbed right the fukk off because you point was invalid to begin with.

Also sorry to hear about the rider it sux for anyone to have a collision, glad he did get hurt too bad

For those looking to give back to Texas and serve those in times of need, Join the Texas State Guard.
Locate a Recruiter http://www.gotxsg.com/join.php

Last edited by JP171; 01-05-2014 at 06:54 PM.
JP171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 07:09 PM   #14
VicTOEmizer

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
rc51 (sold)
TTR 125 :)
Buell xb12r (sold)
2013 z1000 (sold)
Ducati multistrada :)

OOOOOOH YEAH!!!

I owned a Buell. Whatcha say about that?
Old 01-05-2014, 07:16 PM   #15
chevy42083

Bike(s):
'09 XB12scg
'07 650r Stolen/recovered

Glad the rider is alright.

Quote:
Originally Posted by proasian3 View Post
Dual headlights and a big Harley and still the cager didn't see him. Geez. Glad helmetless rider is Ok
I've been told that single headlight is extremely dangerous cause they think it's just a light down the road (street light, etc). Then also told later that dual headlights are horrible because it looks like a car which is much further down the road.
Same person. I think he just needs to pay more attention.
Old 01-06-2014, 08:06 AM   #16
dboi
r1

Experience: 9-12 months

Bike(s):
09 buell xb12r. ( sold )
09 r1 ( sold )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mantoe View Post
OOOOOOH YEAH!!!

I owned a Buell. Whatcha say about that?
+1
Old 01-06-2014, 08:35 AM   #17
Neon Samurai
3090 MotoGP Champion

Bike(s):
2010 Ducati Streetfighter (sold)
2012 Triumph Speed Triple R
2008 Triumph Sprint ST (Sold)
2014 BMW s1000R
2012 Aprilia Tuono (sold)

Quote:
Most definitely. It's just frustrating to see these things, whether it be cruiser or sportbike, and think that if they had only been wearing some kind of protection maybe their injuries would need only some bandages and aspirin and not a hospital visit.
So do you wear a helmet?
Old 01-06-2014, 09:10 AM   #18
Chuckster

Bike(s):
2006 Yamaha R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon Samurai View Post
So do you wear a helmet?
All the time. Jacket, gloves and boots as well.
Old 01-06-2014, 01:53 PM   #19
CBR500R_Mike

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2013 Honda CBR500R
2003 Yamaha YZ450F
2008 Honda CRF450R

Member Garage

Quote:
+1

I'm Rex, founder of the Rex Kwon Do self-defense system! After one week with me in my dojo, you'll be prepared to defend yourself with the strength of a grizzly, the reflexes of a puma, and the wisdom of a man. So come down today for your free-trial lesson!
CBR500R_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 05:13 PM   #20
Neon Samurai
3090 MotoGP Champion

Bike(s):
2010 Ducati Streetfighter (sold)
2012 Triumph Speed Triple R
2008 Triumph Sprint ST (Sold)
2014 BMW s1000R
2012 Aprilia Tuono (sold)

Quote:
All the time. Jacket, gloves and boots as well.
Cool, Ive owned Harleys so im like a laison between the families.

Advertisement