MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2007, 10:56 AM   #1
AznGoneNuts

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
06 R6

Send a message via AIM to AznGoneNuts
TICKETS!!!!! im having a bad month

*warning* really long RANT!

this week has been a really bad week. total of 4 tickets with 2 stops :BangHead:

1st stop was on sunday morning. THIS TICKET WAS NOT EVEN MY FAULT....

im riding with a buddy by 610 and 225. he decides to speed over a hill going 80+ and im just crusing along going 70 following traffic. when i loose sight of him when im getting over the hill. he's up about a Mile away. I thought to my self what the is he doing up there? Next thing i know there's a cop in the shoulder getting ready to take off. First things first, he pulls me over since im the "easy" target. So he gave me a ticket for doing a 80 in 60 . Which i know for sure i was not speeding. so me and the cop had a "little talk"

COP: you and your buddy were doing 80 in a 60

me: i was not doing 80mph. i was crusiing along at 70mph.

COP: well since you didn't speed you better call your friend back over here

me: he is not going to answer his phone while he is on his motorcycle and we both know that.

Cop: i guess your friend is going have to pay this ticket for you then. I'm going to write you 2 citations. one for speeding and the 2nd one for having two blue reflectors instead red.

ME: Please do......... (under my breather)

cop: (hands me ticket) don't be speeding anymore.

@$$hole Police officer.

This morning i get stopped going to work. I will not blame anyone else but myself for the wrong doing. Plus i was acting like a Squid (I was wearing all my gear though )
So this morning The GF and i got into a Argument. So when i left the house i was in a hot head mode. plus i was running a bit late for work.

I know I know. i shouldn't let anger get to me while im on the bike.

anyways im doing the stupid squid thing speeding and changing lanes to get around everyone ( I did not lane split if anyone is wondering) so i was just trying to enjoy myself while im going to work.

so i check my mirrors from time time. so when i did decide to check my mirros. Hold and behold State troopers . I immediately pull over, i thought i was going to jail cause i know for a fact he got me at a 100 in a 65.
So i pull over, take off my helmet, gloves, turn the bike off, and i get off and stand next to the Shoulder wall. The Trooper gets out ask for my License and insurance. then the conversation goes like this.

Cop: any idea on how fast you were going?

me: I'm sorry officer. i just got into a arguement with the gf. also im running a bit late for work.

Cop: i understand woman problems huh?

Me: laughing yes sir!

Cop: well i got you going at 100 in a 65. you know thats reckless driving right?

Me: yes sir i understand i am sorry

Cop: well since you pulled over and everything seems legit. Your plate is mounted right, you have your inspection, your M endorsement AND THe biggest of them all! you have insurance . Im going to write you a ticket and not haul your to jail you understand?

Me: yes sir and i appreciate it for not taking me to jail

Cop. here's 2 tickets. one for speeding 100 in a 65. and 2nd offense for not signaling to change lanes. have a good day sir

all 4 tickets cost me $550 in lawyer fees since i don't want any of this on my record.

no cliffs im too lazy.
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
i got hit on my way home from work, it was bad. but im ok lonnief2 Off Topic 39 12-05-2009 04:51 AM
im off and im bored im gonna go riding anyone else off and bored?8/04/08 Croe Events, Meets and Rides 10 08-04-2008 03:01 PM
WOW BAD BAD BAD WRECK ON 290 txgsxrbob Off Topic 20 02-25-2008 02:30 PM
Sept = BAD FRICKEN MONTH!!! SBK Pilot Off Topic 17 09-13-2007 09:57 AM
Im also bored...and I dont have cable(Cause Im poor now) Slowkat Off Topic 4 07-16-2007 09:23 PM
Advertisement
Old 04-19-2007, 10:59 AM   #2
gixxerbill

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper

Dang, you sound like me. A cop magnet.
gixxerbill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 10:59 AM   #3
AznGoneNuts

Bike(s):
06 R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerbill
Dang, you sound like me. A cop magnet.
+54254346546234142316476587
Old 04-19-2007, 11:02 AM   #4
636cc of fury
37cc cheater no more

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):
2007 Honda CBR 600RR

Send a message via AIM to 636cc of fury
Quote:
Originally Posted by AznGoneNuts
*warning* really long RANT!

this week has been a really bad week. total of 4 tickets with 2 stops :BangHead:

1st stop was on sunday morning. THIS TICKET WAS NOT EVEN MY FAULT....

im riding with a buddy by 610 and 225. he decides to speed over a hill going 80+ and im just crusing along going 70 following traffic. when i loose sight of him when im getting over the hill. he's up about a Mile away. I thought to my self what the is he doing up there? Next thing i know there's a cop in the shoulder getting ready to take off. First things first, he pulls me over since im the "easy" target. So he gave me a ticket for doing a 80 in 60 . Which i know for sure i was not speeding. so me and the cop had a "little talk"

COP: you and your buddy were doing 80 in a 60

me: i was not doing 80mph. i was crusiing along at 70mph.

COP: well since you didn't speed you better call your friend back over here

me: he is not going to answer his phone while he is on his motorcycle and we both know that.

Cop: i guess your friend is going have to pay this ticket for you then. I'm going to write you 2 citations. one for speeding and the 2nd one for having two blue reflectors instead red.

ME: Please do......... (under my breather)

cop: (hands me ticket) don't be speeding anymore.

@$$hole Police officer.

This morning i get stopped going to work. I will not blame anyone else but myself for the wrong doing. Plus i was acting like a Squid (I was wearing all my gear though )
So this morning The GF and i got into a Argument. So when i left the house i was in a hot head mode. plus i was running a bit late for work.

I know I know. i shouldn't let anger get to me while im on the bike.

anyways im doing the stupid squid thing speeding and changing lanes to get around everyone ( I did not lane split if anyone is wondering) so i was just trying to enjoy myself while im going to work.

so i check my mirrors from time time. so when i did decide to check my mirros. Hold and behold State troopers . I immediately pull over, i thought i was going to jail cause i know for a fact he got me at a 100 in a 65.
So i pull over, take off my helmet, gloves, turn the bike off, and i get off and stand next to the Shoulder wall. The Trooper gets out ask for my License and insurance. then the conversation goes like this.

Cop: any idea on how fast you were going?

me: I'm sorry officer. i just got into a arguement with the gf. also im running a bit late for work.

Cop: i understand woman problems huh?

Me: laughing yes sir!

Cop: well i got you going at 100 in a 65. you know thats reckless driving right?

Me: yes sir i understand i am sorry

Cop: well since you pulled over and everything seems legit. Your plate is mounted right, you have your inspection, your M endorsement AND THe biggest of them all! you have insurance . Im going to write you a ticket and not haul your to jail you understand?

Me: yes sir and i appreciate it for not taking me to jail

Cop. here's 2 tickets. one for speeding 100 in a 65. and 2nd offense for not signaling to change lanes. have a good day sir

all 4 tickets cost me $550 in lawyer fees since i don't want any of this on my record.

no cliffs im too lazy.
Next time proceed to drop a gear and disappear

j/k

but really that sucks man, just make sure they are not on your record.
636cc of fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 11:02 AM   #5
Longnguyen

well, if you are prone to get tickets.........i think you can learn to do some of the things the lawyer does so you can do it yourself later. Reset trials, ask for alternatives with the prosecutor, stuff like that. Of course paying is easier to let them do it and just show up but lets say you get a few more tickets during the year you can handle it yourself if you know the system.
Longnguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 11:06 AM   #6
AznGoneNuts

Bike(s):
06 R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longnguyen
well, if you are prone to get tickets.........i think you can learn to do some of the things the lawyer does so you can do it yourself later. Reset trials, ask for alternatives with the prosecutor, stuff like that. Of course paying is easier to let them do it and just show up but lets say you get a few more tickets during the year you can handle it yourself if you know the system.
i don't plan on getting anymore tickets.. im done riding for a few months.
Old 04-19-2007, 11:08 AM   #7
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Bike(s):

I would take that to trial and put that cop on the stand. I am pretty sure it is far from legal for him to write you a ticket for someone elses actions.

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 11:09 AM   #8
gixxerbill

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by AznGoneNuts
i don't plan on getting anymore tickets.. im done riding for a few months.
Can't let the fuzz ruin your fun. Just get crazy in the hill country or on back roads.
gixxerbill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 11:14 AM   #9
Homebrew
AkA Rubbersidedown

Feedback Rating: (25)

Bike(s):
gsxr 600
custom pocket rocket

re schedule your court date...ask for the lastest possible night court date......99% of all tickets are dismissed....no b.s. a friend turned me on to this and the dam if it didnt work....running stop sign,no seatbelt......no pay

maybe im not supposed to tell you this ,but hey sounds like you need the help
Old 04-19-2007, 11:17 AM   #10
aznhero913
J.D.

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2009 CBR600rr
2005 R6 (bye baby)
1992 Yamaha Seca (1st one)

Sorry bout this man, i know what your goin through. It happend to me 2 years ago, back-to-back tickets in a week. BTW take the 1st case to court. You should also report this to the DA and the cops Sarge.
Old 04-19-2007, 11:26 AM   #11
Mr. Unassailable
1-20-2013-Change we need

Feedback Rating: (6)

Member Garage

hmmmm my only advice is to...

1. Become friends with your lawyer... i got 5 on my bike, $250. I got 11.. ya ELEVEN tickets in 14 hours in my truck.. it was all about $450.

2. dont have your plate so visible.... and utilize the speed you have... haha.

3. if you cant do 1 and 2 then just do the speed limit and get a effin red reflector.. i've gotten that ticket before.
Old 04-19-2007, 11:50 AM   #12
AznGoneNuts

Bike(s):
06 R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbersidedown
re schedule your court date...ask for the lastest possible night court date......99% of all tickets are dismissed....no b.s. a friend turned me on to this and the dam if it didnt work....running stop sign,no seatbelt......no pay

maybe im not supposed to tell you this ,but hey sounds like you need the help
thanks for the advice. but its going to be hard to fight a 100 in a 65 ticket. i rather just let a lawyer deal with it. Hey the lawyer is getting majority of my money not the court.
Old 04-19-2007, 02:27 PM   #13
MadseasoN

Feedback Rating: (1)

Never admit to what they are charging you with.

And personally I don't see how simply speeding is 'wreckless driving'. I think that could be beat in court.
MadseasoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 02:31 PM   #14
hotnanas
i rock knobbies

Quote:
Originally Posted by denhou1974
Never admit to what they are charging you with.

And personally I don't see how simply speeding is 'wreckless driving'. I think that could be beat in court.
well it fits the tx description of reckless driving, "the wilful and wanton disregard for the safety of people and property" and they can easily bump that to deadly conduct. i know this, "allegidly"
hotnanas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 02:39 PM   #15
Princess
MH's ex fake mod

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
06 ZX-6R
09 Santa Cruz SL
Serotta Legend Ti

Send a message via AIM to Princess
I had a cop stop by my house this morning/afternoon. he likes Mustangs and bikes(has both) and I was messing with both of mine. I think he knows carbonR1 and Reidlos as well.

Sucks your experiences with cops suck. . . I always have good ones.
Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 03:16 PM   #16
HOUSTONSR6

Bike(s):
2006 Honda 600RR

Welcome to my world
HOUSTONSR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 03:18 PM   #17
AznGoneNuts

Bike(s):
06 R6

the HPD officer was a straight up ...

the state troopers were pretty cool guys.
Old 04-19-2007, 03:24 PM   #18
DANtheMan.
Chicks dig scars!

Experience: 2 years

06 crf250

Send a message via AIM to DANtheMan.
Thats sucks dude you should of busted a cap in the pigs a$$!!!

im just another NEWB SqUiDnAsTy...
DANtheMan. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 03:25 PM   #19
AznGoneNuts

Bike(s):
06 R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelie_king
Thats sucks dude you should of busted a cap in the pigs a$$!!!
lol i rather have a speeding ticket then be on death row.
Old 04-19-2007, 03:31 PM   #20
R6kid
aggies class of 2010

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
2006 GSXR 1000 Red/Black

Send a message via AIM to R6kid
I've never had a bad experience with state troopers or HPD, they are always professional with me. Harris County Sheriffs i've dealt with sound like your HPD, I had one that tried to give me reckless driving for not signaling just because I was driving a Lotus

I feel ya on the cop magnet thing, let me know if you need lawyer info....
R6kid is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement