Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 12-31-2013, 09:49 AM   #21
Kilted Basterd
Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 9 years

Naked Sprint
Russian POS
Angry Max/Tub
Pile o' Hyosungs

Member Garage

Originally Posted by J.J. McQuade View Post
"That which does not kills us makes us stronger"....Friedrich Nietzsch.
A quote from one of the greatest philosophers ever to live. Everything that happens to us in life, good or bad can be used to make us stronger! Use it as a training tool for next time!
Unfortunately, when you don't learn from your mistakes, a more accurate spin would be "What doesn't kill you this time is only going to try again later".

I've never had a serious collision/get-off, but I've had several close calls, and it definitely has made me more a more aware rider. It helps to know that I'm not invincible, it's just convincing my brain that safety is a higher priority than adrenaline when I'm actually riding.
Keeping the "F-U" in "fun"
Jae is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Any riding tonight, not sitting, riding? Colonel Events, Meets and Rides 15 04-17-2011 06:47 PM
Destination Riding VS Leisure riding. Coast Rider General Discussion (Moto Related) 13 09-07-2009 10:00 PM
ORN police release new accident suspect sketch [JUSTIN GUY ACCIDENT] Hayabusa1300cc General Discussion (Moto Related) 1 09-05-2008 02:27 AM
night riding Vs Day riding Bricksta General Discussion (Moto Related) 54 05-14-2007 09:14 AM
Old 12-31-2013, 11:05 AM   #22
Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 4

95 RF 900 - Dead and Gone
96 ZX-11 - Blown up (Should have done the oil mod)
95 GSXR 750 - long gone
92 VFR 750 - Wrecked by "good friend"

I found after my spill I was actually for the first time nervous when I started riding again. I kept worrying about the front end (my accident was caused by me locking up the front end and it washing out). It was all in my head and it just takes time.
WarrenW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 12:17 PM   #23
In reality, Goliath wins

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 1

2012 Kawasaki ZX10R
2011 Kawasaki ZX6R (sold)

Member Garage

Send a message via Skype™ to ArmyApe
Originally Posted by J.J. McQuade View Post
"That which does not kills us makes us stronger"....Friedrich Nietzsch.
A quote from one of the greatest philosophers ever to live. Everything that happens to us in life, good or bad can be used to make us stronger! Use it as a training tool for next time!
Especially true when you get titanium reinforcing your bones. Ask me how I know.

After my first wreck, I kept too much distance between myself and the vehicle ahead of me (I was brake-checked on 225) and the first time I rode by the wreck site, I tensed up. It took a while but, I'm back to normal confidence levels.
Now, if there's one thing you can be sure of, it's that nothing is more powerful than a young boy's wish...
Except an Apache helicopter. An Apache helicopter has machine guns AND missiles. It is an unbelievably impressive complement of weaponry, an absolute death machine.
ArmyApe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 12:35 PM   #24
Feedback Rating: (7)

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 10+

It took me a while to get back on a bike after my accident, mostly because I couldn't bend my knee enough after knee surgery for my foot to be in the rear set.

After not riding for so long it doesn't even bother me anymore. I'll get another bike one day but I am in no rush.

My accident.
jakeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 12:59 PM   #25

Experience: 1-3 months

2011 Yamaha YZF-R6 Raven

i had a pretty bad accident when a lady ran her stop sign on her cell phone i cant say it changed the way i ride. I was always pretty cautious about staying away from other cars but sometimes freak accidents happen. My reaction definitely saved my life that day so just make sure your always watching around you.

Good luck on getting back on your feet. Glad to see your ok
Mercilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 11:29 PM   #26
Black olives matter
Feedback Rating: (12)

Trackdays: 1

2007 yamaha fz6
1998 yamaha wr 400 motard

Member Garage

Yes after my last 2 accidents. It def. Changed.
Originally Posted by honorsdaddy View Post
Technology has insulated the stupid from the rightful consequences of their actions - and exposed the rest of us to the damage they can cause.

Originally Posted by 1sickGixxer View Post
nevermind ima bumbass and ill get my wife 2 do it 2nite.
Originally Posted by tonyt915 View Post
I know enough Spanish to stick you with a knife cabron
pester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 12:19 AM   #27

KTM 1290 Duke
crf 50

For sure, I'm way more cautious and aware of whats going on around me at all times, even driving my truck.
bryan954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 12:33 AM   #28
CMRA # 147
Feedback Rating: (3)

Trackdays: 10+

2009 Honda CBR 1000RR ABS
2011 EX250NinjaR
2001 Yamaha TTR-L (sold to Jimrad)
2015 KTM RC 390 CUP

Head up, eyes up & always looking where you want the bike to go. Ignore cars coming the other way get off the seat & roll on the throttle. Counter steer to point the bike. Always be aware of road hazards, but never focus on them.
CraigRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 06:08 PM   #29
954 isn't a liter

Experience: 5 years

04 Honda VFR800
2006 Honda CBR 1000RR(Wrecked)
2002 Honda CBR 954RR (sold)
2006 Suzuki GS500F (sold)
2010 Yamaha FZ6R (sold)

Member Garage

I don't ride all out anymore. I'm saving it for the track.
Noel Aviles
1308cc is offline   Reply With Quote