MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2007, 10:24 PM   #1
Squeaky

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
DL1000K3
XR400R

Member Garage

Send a message via ICQ to Squeaky Send a message via Yahoo to Squeaky
TX DOT Update: Major Interchange Closure

From TXDOT:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE...

MAJOR CONSTRUCTION CONTINUES IN THE VICINITY OF THE I-10/BELTWAY 8 INTERCHANGE

"Third Direct Connector Ramp to Close at I-10/Beltway 8 Interchange Effective April 20th"

(Houston) Again this weekend, April 20 - 23, motorists should expect delays and are encouraged to seek alternate routes as the Texas Department of Transportation's contractor begins the demolition of the third direct connector ramp to be closed as a part of the I-10/Beltway 8 Interchange reconstruction. Effective 10 PM, Friday, April 20, the Beltway 8-West northbound direct connector ramp to I-10/Katy Freeway eastbound
will be closed until November 2007. Two designated detour options are available for motorists on Beltway 8 northbound destined to I-10/Katy Freeway eastbound: (1) Detour to exit at Memorial to continue on the Beltway 8 northbound frontage road to make a right onto the I-10 eastbound frontage road to enter I-10 eastbound before Gessner or (2) Detour to I-10 westbound to exit at Kirkwood and make a U-turn to access I-10 eastbound. A map illustrating the detours can be viewed on the Katy Freeway Reconstruction Program website using the link http://www.katyfreeway.org/Beltway8/...eltway8NB.html.

In addition to the long-term direct connector closures, motorists should be aware that there are numerous temporary closures scheduled for this weekend to perform demolition activities. (See attached list) A detailed list of this weekend's closures can be viewed on the Katy Freeway Reconstruction program website using the link http://www.katyfreeway.org/Beltway8/..._Forecast.html.

Motorists can expect that there will be multiple total and alternate lane closures during the course of the interchange reconstruction and should be prepared for traffic delays when traveling in the vicinity of the I-10/Beltway 8 Interchange over the next year.

TxDOT in cooperation with the Harris County Toll Road Authority, Harris County Precinct 5 Constable's Office and the City of Houston Police Department will station law enforcement at key locations to facilitate the movement of traffic in the area. However, motorists are encouraged when possible to avoid the area.
"Forget not that the Earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair." -Kahlil Gibran
Squeaky is offline   Reply With Quote