MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

View Poll Results: Do you think people with criminal records have their record cleared if they serve???
yay 7 31.82%
nay 15 68.18%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2007, 10:57 PM   #21
pester
Black olives matter

Feedback Rating: (12)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2007 yamaha fz6
1998 yamaha wr 400 motard

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by paniro187
so you're saying people that need money for college or to have a steady job shouldn't join if that's their main reason for joining??? weird.
not exactly.. i meant that shouldnt be taken as a way out

there are other ways to clean a record, leave the army for people that want to serve for their beliefs

for the flag and for the country as so many already did and do

if we want money for college we serve the right way

now if i am an ex con. well i made my mistake and im supose to fix it in any other way

thats what i believe

not against ur point i just dont believe is a way out

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sickGixxer View Post
nevermind ima bumbass and ill get my wife 2 do it 2nite.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyt915 View Post
I know enough Spanish to stick you with a knife cabron
pester is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to get criminal records and stuff.... hotcknstrips Off Topic 15 10-23-2010 04:39 PM
need my criminal record asap jetcycles Off Topic 20 03-11-2008 09:38 PM
Illegal to serve obese people BoostJunky The Circus 52 02-05-2008 08:02 PM
Advertisement
Old 04-18-2007, 11:26 PM   #22
arturo3rd
OG Sheriff/ Boss

Feedback Rating: (0)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2015 HD Forty Eight

nope. i havent broken any laws and dont think someine who has broken a law should get the same rights.

im not perfect and misdeamenors arent really a crime that can be punished by serving more than 12 months in jail.
Old 04-19-2007, 01:34 AM   #23
marlboroman71818
tramp

Bike(s):
05 busa

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to marlboroman71818
Even though it wouldnt be the easiest thing for me in that situation, I would say no because you knew you shouldnt have done it in the first place, and their are consequences for those things you should not do. But their are things that i believe people should not be put in jail or something go on their records that there is now.
marlboroman71818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 02:20 AM   #24
Gimpin2Fold
Wake up already

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlboroman71818
Even though it wouldnt be the easiest thing for me in that situation, I would say no because you knew you shouldnt have done it in the first place, and their are consequences for those things you should not do. But their are things that i believe people should not be put in jail or something go on their records that there is now.
+1
Gimpin2Fold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 02:41 AM   #25
paniro187

sure hope non of you people go to church. if you do you might want to read your bible a little more.

When you add emotion to any equation, you can't trust the results-Unknown
paniro187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 04:08 AM   #26
koskesh
May i go to the Bathroom?

Bike(s):
06 gsxr750

Some people make mistakes in their lives, alot of us at a young age, and end up getting arrested and thrown in jail for them. Some people more than once. And some finally mature, become responsable and law abiding citizens who realize they were foolish for the dumb stuff they have done. Should they be held back for their rest of their lives because of their criminal record? I think they shouldnt but hey thats just my opinion. Some people really do change for the better and It would be nice if there was a program that could evaluate them and see if they have been moving forward with their lives. See if they really have realized their mistakes and really want to live a normal life, then maybe their records can be sealed so they can apply for better jobs and not get rejected because of their criminlal record. And I have never been arrested for a felony nor have I been to prison but I do believe in second chances. If someone is willing to help themselves then its only fair to not make it that much more difficult to lead a normal life, past their previous mistakes.

RIP 4/22/2007
koskesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 06:33 AM   #27
BrutusTx

Member Garage

I don't think serving should have anything to do with your record, you serve because you feel like it's the right thing to do or you don't. I do think most states have a process for clearing your record, (getting a pardon), and your military record should count for something at that time.
Old 04-19-2007, 08:14 AM   #28
amber|alexis

Experience: 4 years

Member Garage

People who are in jail for drugs, serve more time than offenders and rapists. A family friend got 10 years because he wouldn't squeal on a drug lord or whatever, yet a rapists may only get 2 - 3 depending. I think it's retarded - our justice systems sucks.
amber|alexis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 08:26 AM   #29
GAME OVER
Parking lot pimpin

Bike(s):
yz 250F

Send a message via AIM to GAME OVER
cocaine is a helluva drug
Old 04-19-2007, 08:55 AM   #30
marlboroman71818
tramp

Bike(s):
05 busa

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to marlboroman71818
Quote:
sure hope non of you people go to church. if you do you might want to read your bible a little more.

I thought I read the bible just fine, maybe my understanding is different than yours. The golden rule is do unto others as you would want them to do unto you. The bible says that if you repent your sins you will be forgivin by the Lord . Except for those few sins where there is no forgivness. And I would think that hoping that we didnt go to church (in most faiths) would be a bad thing to say to someone. In that very phrase you are passing judgement and giving your own sentence to us all. I understand it is hard not to be that way but we all must try.

Thanks for reminding me, I should read up on it a little more .

Trampus
marlboroman71818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 08:55 AM   #31
issanni
assfault

Feedback Rating: (3)

Send a message via MSN to issanni Send a message via Yahoo to issanni
Quote:
I'm thinking record cleared. or at least sealed so that if they commit another crime then it's unsealed and held against them.

I'm taling good enough where they can go somewhere and get a job and not have a record holding them back.

I feel if a person is good enough to go somewhere and take a bullet for someone he should be good enough to hire.
Many offenses already qualify to have their record sealed in the state of Texas after serving deferred adjudication (probation).

see:

Texas law allows you to clear an adult criminal record in certain circumstances. For example, if you were tried and found not-guilty, you can have all records of the arrest and prosecution expunged. Or if the court dismissed the charges against you, you can usually have the arrest record expunged. Furthermore, if you appeal your conviction and are acquitted by the Texas Court of Criminal Appeals, you can have the record expunged. In Texas, these procedures are known as expunction.

The only other way to clear a non-juvenile criminal record in Texas is called a petition for non-disclosure. A petition for non-disclosure is only available to those who have completed deferred adjudication probation. A person who completes deferred adjudication probation and wins a petition for non-disclosure can have the offense record sealed.

If you are granted expunction or non-disclosure, you can generally deny that you were ever arrested (except in certain criminal proceedings). So under Texas law, if you expunge a record or win your non-disclosure petition, you may deny that you were arrested or prosecuted on employment, mortgage, or college applications.

In Texas, a person who completes straight probation is not eligible for expunction or non-disclosure. Furthermore, other final criminal convictions cannot be erased from a criminal record. For example, a DWI conviction can never be expunged or sealed. If the court gave you as your punishment time served in jail or a prison sentence, you have a final conviction that cannot be sealed or expunged.

If you are ineligible for expunction and non-disclosure, there are two final ways to try to clear your record. First, you can try to win a pardon from the governor or president. Pardons are rare and difficult to get. Second, you can file a writ of habeas corpus. A writ of habeas corpus is a complicated, expensive procedure in which you petition the trial judge to throw out your conviction because of a constitutional violation.
Old 04-19-2007, 08:56 AM   #32
issanni
assfault

Quote:
Originally Posted by koskesh
Some people make mistakes in their lives, alot of us at a young age, and end up getting arrested and thrown in jail for them. Some people more than once. And some finally mature, become responsable and law abiding citizens who realize they were foolish for the dumb stuff they have done. Should they be held back for their rest of their lives because of their criminal record? I think they shouldnt but hey thats just my opinion. Some people really do change for the better and It would be nice if there was a program that could evaluate them and see if they have been moving forward with their lives. See if they really have realized their mistakes and really want to live a normal life, then maybe their records can be sealed so they can apply for better jobs and not get rejected because of their criminlal record. And I have never been arrested for a felony nor have I been to prison but I do believe in second chances. If someone is willing to help themselves then its only fair to not make it that much more difficult to lead a normal life, past their previous mistakes.
+1
Old 04-19-2007, 08:58 AM   #33
issanni
assfault

If anyone needs assistance with these type of 'situations' take a look at....

http://www.removeit.org/

I'm looking into them myself....
Old 04-19-2007, 12:45 PM   #34
arturo3rd
OG Sheriff/ Boss

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2015 HD Forty Eight

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlboroman71818
I thought I read the bible just fine, maybe my understanding is different than yours. The golden rule is do unto others as you would want them to do unto you. The bible says that if you repent your sins you will be forgivin by the Lord . Except for those few sins where there is no forgivness. And I would think that hoping that we didnt go to church (in most faiths) would be a bad thing to say to someone. In that very phrase you are passing judgement and giving your own sentence to us all. I understand it is hard not to be that way but we all must try.
Thanks for reminding me, I should read up on it a little more .

Trampus

+1
Old 04-19-2007, 01:30 PM   #35
AliceInChains02

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
nada

i completed deferred adjudication probation. i was wondering how the expungement thing works, i'll have to check the site out.
AliceInChains02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 01:34 PM   #36
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

You can petition to have anything removed or sealed. Pay the right people the right amount of money and they make it happen. I am guessing you have not spoken to a lawyer?

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 01:36 PM   #37
AliceInChains02

Bike(s):
nada

no, not really. i'm not looking for a job yet, so i haven't put much thought into it.
Old 04-19-2007, 01:40 PM   #38
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceInChains02
no, not really. i'm not looking for a job yet, so i haven't put much thought into it.
Get together about $1200 and it will go away.

Old 04-19-2007, 01:41 PM   #39
AliceInChains02

Bike(s):
nada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moody
Get together about $1200 and it will go away.
sounds like a DIY job to me
Old 04-19-2007, 02:08 PM   #40
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Bike(s):

Time or Money.... which ever one you got.

Advertisement