Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 12-28-2013, 06:31 PM   #21
Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 2

2013 Kawi Ninja 300 ABS

Member Garage

Originally Posted by Shelnutt View Post
I'm going to have to agree with you. The guy helping me the last time I was in there acted like he was on crack or something. I was pretty sure he has never sat on a motorcycle in his life. It took him about 15 minutes to figure out how to check me out.

I didn't really notice any jackets in the store when I was at Motorcycles Unlimited, otherwise I would definately go there, they have been good to me so far. That's awesome that they bought your other jacket.

I'm ready to get this party started. I'm gonna head over to sharpstown cycle gear for some one stop shopping. At least I know they have something that will fit and I won't be wasting anymore time. It'd be different if I had a jacket to wear in the meantime, but I'm not going to wear this one because I'm trying to sell it.
I purchased my jacket there ... glad Motorcycles Unlimited could help ya out. Good bunch of guys over there
Rowdy76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
best way to ship a motor???????????? superkat General Discussion (Moto Related) 15 01-13-2011 02:43 PM
Best way to ship Bike? AkA_WooDy General Discussion (Moto Related) 15 05-11-2010 03:58 PM
anybody ship a car before in the US? arturo3rd Off Topic 10 04-17-2008 03:42 PM
The battle ship of texas Dgig General Discussion (Moto Related) 45 03-14-2008 10:28 AM
How much to ship by from PA? Nightster Ridester General Discussion (Moto Related) 9 09-11-2007 01:23 PM
Old 12-28-2013, 09:36 PM   #22
Feedback Rating: (3)

lots of em

yup, I agree, get the correct jacket, Its kinda important
[COLOR="Lime"][B]Highway HorrorS c.c.[/B][/COLOR]

I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 10:25 PM   #23
Fava Beans & a Chianti
Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

'15 300RR
'15 250XCF-W
'14 Trophy SE
'10 VFR1200F
'05 GSXR600 (track)

Member Garage

Sounds like that XL is generally a good fit for you. Jackets - especially leather - should fit snug. Not to the point of choking off circulation when you assume the riding position (squatting/leaning forward with arms out-reached), of course, but you standing relaxed and a helper twisting and tugging on your jacket should not be able to move any part of the jacket much.

You need to test fit with the likely layers of clothing you'd wear with that jacket. If Summer wear, I typically only wear it with either compression undie or simple T-shirt. For winter jacket, I size mine to fit snug with the typically insulation layers (sweater, liner, etc.).

Sleeves that are a bit short is no big deal. You really should be wearing gauntlet gloves anyway. I usually have the opposite problem of too long sleeves, which is worse.

Waist riding too high is a more of a problem. You might consider 3/4 length jackets for general street riding. That is what I wear most of the time these days.

At the end of the day though, a good jacket wrapped on you is still wayyyy better than going squid, even if it is a bit off fit-wise.
Volfy is offline   Reply With Quote