MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Forum Updates & Feedback
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 12-23-2013, 03:05 AM   #1
Prodigy
Senior Member
 
Prodigy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Sugarland Texas
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 3,573

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
Honda 1000rr
Kawasaki ZX6r
Honda CBR F4i
Suzuki Gsxr750
T-Rex

Member Garage





Trolling and this forum

Can we please limit or enforce the amount of trolling that takes place on the forum? I have been a member of this forum since day one and have enjoyed the information it provides. In the last few years it seems that a overwhelming number of members comment on threads that provide no valuable input. I have recently inquired about becoming a site sponsor and I am sure that current site sponsors must agree that the amount of trolling is turning away potential new business, as well as running off current forum members. Maybe limiting the "trolling" to specific sections?

Maybe others can share their opinions on this matter.
Prodigy is offline  
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Workplace Trolling Perf_White_GT Off Topic 31 08-15-2012 02:53 PM
treasure chest trolling. LOL bentgixxer Off Topic 3 05-31-2012 02:46 PM
Arizona trying to ban....trolling? NgaWhat The Circus 20 04-08-2012 11:35 PM
they see me trolling.. Soclose Off Topic 2 03-30-2011 10:05 PM
I think it's time ... so I'm just trolling for opinions ... on a new bike logan5 General Discussion (Moto Related) 11 09-10-2007 04:53 PM
Advertisement
Old 12-23-2013, 06:56 AM   #2
VicTOEmizer
GUEST
 
VicTOEmizer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: seabrook tx
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 14,702

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
rc51 (sold)
TTR 125 :)
Buell xb12r (sold)
2013 z1000 (sold)
Ducati multistrada :)






Dude, I don't know where you've been, but this forum has calmed down considerably. This thread may have been valid a year ago, but not now.
__________________
KEEP YOUR PRIVATE OFF THE INTERNET FOLKS!
VicTOEmizer is offline  
Old 12-23-2013, 06:56 AM   #3
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?
 
RACER X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Richmond, Tx
Feedback Rating: (26)
Posts: 33,501

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold






Who determines what trolling is?
__________________
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
2014 GROM
181cc's BABY!
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is offline  
Old 12-23-2013, 06:59 AM   #4
7cain
Resident Ginja
 
7cain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: H-Town
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 5,248

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
'02 ZX6R




Member Garage


Being here since day one you should've noticed that people get warnings, temp bans, and permabans. Are you saying you want to limit the content of what people say? Sure some people on here have an abrasive personality, do you want to limit the way someones personality comes across the interwebz? I know what you are getting at, but the very notion of more limits and rules in place would IMO reduce traffic on this site. I know people who no longer ride that still visit this site because of some of the offtopic uhhhhh,... topics. Most of those trolls stay in certain sections anyway. What sections did you have in mind?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azylum
... your is sexy. i want it.
FELIS DEMULCTA MITIS (translation: A stroked cat is gentle)

SBN blade specialist.
7cain is offline  
Liked this post:
Old 12-23-2013, 12:35 PM   #5
Flip Flop
Ordained Minister
 
Flip Flop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Cypress
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 10,567

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
2006 SV650S(sold)(happy now?)
Toes Ducati Multistrada(what now buck?)








Quote:
Originally Posted by Umayr View Post
So do I take the red pill or the blue pill
It depends on how far down the rabbit hole you want to go...

Okay now I'm feeling guilty like I'm trolling
Flip Flop is offline  
Old 12-23-2013, 02:01 PM   #6
silverfudge
superfast jellyfish
 
silverfudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 1980
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 8,053

Experience: 1 year
thread de-trolled

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob78 View Post
Joe, looks like you got your answer... they all perfer trolling
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod View Post
I guess they are willing to pass a good sponsor...
well that or....

Every mod/admin had to get up this morning...... do that family thing, then that work thing......probably still doing that work thing. oh and Christmas is in 48 hours....

Prodigy hasnt brought up anything that we havent taken care of before and will take care of again. The trolls come in waves, new ones every year.....its never ending.
silverfudge is offline  
Old 12-23-2013, 02:04 PM   #7
klassik
Senior Member
 
klassik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Rosharon Tx
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 7,984

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
929
rnz450








Pffffft... work....
__________________
www.teamstunters.com
klassik is offline  
Old 12-23-2013, 02:11 PM   #8
VicTOEmizer
GUEST
 
VicTOEmizer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: seabrook tx
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 14,702

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
rc51 (sold)
TTR 125 :)
Buell xb12r (sold)
2013 z1000 (sold)
Ducati multistrada :)






Do you want to help the community or not? If you've been around the forum so long wouldn't you have noticed that there really isn't that much trolling going on. I understand your point but I think your going about it backwards. IF you want to be a sponsor then do it, if not, don't.
What kind of buisness do you run anyways?
__________________
KEEP YOUR PRIVATE OFF THE INTERNET FOLKS!
VicTOEmizer is offline  
Old 12-23-2013, 02:14 PM   #9
Prodigy
Senior Member
 
Prodigy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Sugarland Texas
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 3,573

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
Honda 1000rr
Kawasaki ZX6r
Honda CBR F4i
Suzuki Gsxr750
T-Rex

Member Garage





Thank you.
Prodigy is offline  
Old 12-23-2013, 02:20 PM   #10
TomballD
Senior Member
 
TomballD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Tomball
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 8,634

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
DR350
XR50
TDub-200
XR100-Tarded
1981 XR80






What are you selling ?
TomballD is offline  
Old 12-23-2013, 02:22 PM   #11
Rod
Near Miss Racing Team #96
 
Rod's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Houston, TX
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,677

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
R3 2015
TS185 74
EX250R 2010 "A" race bike
EX250R 2008 "B" race bike
150cc Rocketta Scooter "the "






Quote:
Originally Posted by Mantoe View Post
What makes a good sponsor?
I think someone who can contribute to the community with knowledge, discounts in products or service in all areas.
Not just motorcycle related... like we have here. Realtor, lawyers, mechanics, land-escape, contractors, etc.
__________________
CMRA#672
Rod is offline  
Liked this post:
Old 01-20-2014, 08:27 PM   #12
MoreyFan
Senior Member
 
MoreyFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 395


Bike(s):
CBR1000RR
Ducati Monster








I have seen many users banned. What is the most common offense and how can I avoid it.
MoreyFan is offline  
Old 01-20-2014, 08:56 PM   #13
VicTOEmizer
GUEST
 
VicTOEmizer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: seabrook tx
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 14,702

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
rc51 (sold)
TTR 125 :)
Buell xb12r (sold)
2013 z1000 (sold)
Ducati multistrada :)






Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreyFan View Post
I have seen many users banned. What is the most common offense and how can I avoid it.
Don't post in the for sale threads unless you have a valid question.

Its harder than you think sometimes.
__________________
KEEP YOUR PRIVATE OFF THE INTERNET FOLKS!
VicTOEmizer is offline  
Old 01-20-2014, 09:03 PM   #14
r6racer
track
 
r6racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (4)
Posts: 8,582

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2008 Yamaha R6 Race/track
2012 Yamaha WGP R6
2004 Kawasaki KLx250 2-stroke
2008 Yamaha R6 Street *Sold*
2005 Yamaha R6 Track *Sold*

Member Garage





Private
Reason: NWS Material
12-23-2013 12:33 PM by MotoBot 0 / Never

06 Gixxer 600
Reason: Threadjacking Classifieds
09-29-2013 06:45 PM by MotoBot 0 / Never

Private
Reason: Instigating Drama
09-06-2013 02:33 PM by MotoBot 0 / Never

How old is this tire?
Reason: Threadjacking
07-27-2013 07:07 PM by MotoBot 0 / Never

Private
Reason: Spamming
07-24-2013 08:18 PM by MotoBot
Private
Reason: Threadjacking
06-13-2013 05:06 PM by MotoBot 0 / Never

Private
Reason: Threadjacking
06-13-2013 05:05 PM by MotoBot 0 / Never

Private
Reason: Threadjacking
06-08-2013 02:19 PM by MotoBot 0 / Never

MH Official PostWhore...
Reason: Banned
05-24-2013 04:43 PM by MotoBot 0 / Never

Private
Reason: Banned
05-20-2013 02:16 PM by MotoBot 0 / Never

Private
Reason: Threadjacking
05-20-2013 01:23 AM by MotoBot 0 / Never

N/A
Reason: do not bump old threads
05-01-2013 01:56 PM by MotoBot 0 / Never

The PORC (Permabanned...
Reason: advertising
03-24-2013 12:36 AM by MotoBot 0 / Never

Private
Reason: Threadjacking Classifieds
03-21-2013 08:16 PM by MotoBot 0 / Never

Private
Reason: Spamming
02-21-2013 05:22 AM by MotoBot 0 / Never

Private
Reason: members helping members
12-31-2012 05:38 AM by MotoBot 0 / Never

Well those are a couple of mine.. haha
__________________
r6racer is offline  
Liked this post:
Old 01-20-2014, 09:10 PM   #15
7cain
Resident Ginja
 
7cain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: H-Town
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 5,248

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
'02 ZX6R




Member Garage


Lol! Umayr strikes again!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azylum
... your is sexy. i want it.
FELIS DEMULCTA MITIS (translation: A stroked cat is gentle)

SBN blade specialist.
7cain is offline  
Old 01-20-2014, 09:24 PM   #16
r6racer
track
 
r6racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (4)
Posts: 8,582

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2008 Yamaha R6 Race/track
2012 Yamaha WGP R6
2004 Kawasaki KLx250 2-stroke
2008 Yamaha R6 Street *Sold*
2005 Yamaha R6 Track *Sold*

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by 7cain View Post
Lol! Umayr strikes again!
hahah
__________________
r6racer is offline  
Old 01-21-2014, 08:28 AM   #17
kdog22
Wheelie it son..
 
kdog22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: spring
Feedback Rating: (4)
Posts: 14,535

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2004 Honda xr50
1991 Honda z50
2004 WR450 Supermoto
1988 Honda ZB50 - For Sale

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by Umayr View Post
Private
Reason: NWS Material
12-23-2013 12:33 PM by MotoBot 0 / Never

06 Gixxer 600
Reason: Threadjacking Classifieds
09-29-2013 06:45 PM by MotoBot 0 / Never

Private
Reason: Instigating Drama
09-06-2013 02:33 PM by MotoBot 0 / Never

How old is this tire?
Reason: Threadjacking
07-27-2013 07:07 PM by MotoBot 0 / Never

Private
Reason: Spamming
07-24-2013 08:18 PM by MotoBot
Private
Reason: Threadjacking
06-13-2013 05:06 PM by MotoBot 0 / Never

Private
Reason: Threadjacking
06-13-2013 05:05 PM by MotoBot 0 / Never

Private
Reason: Threadjacking
06-08-2013 02:19 PM by MotoBot 0 / Never

MH Official PostWhore...
Reason: Banned
05-24-2013 04:43 PM by MotoBot 0 / Never

Private
Reason: Banned
05-20-2013 02:16 PM by MotoBot 0 / Never

Private
Reason: Threadjacking
05-20-2013 01:23 AM by MotoBot 0 / Never

N/A
Reason: do not bump old threads
05-01-2013 01:56 PM by MotoBot 0 / Never

The PORC (Permabanned...
Reason: advertising
03-24-2013 12:36 AM by MotoBot 0 / Never

Private
Reason: Threadjacking Classifieds
03-21-2013 08:16 PM by MotoBot 0 / Never

Private
Reason: Spamming
02-21-2013 05:22 AM by MotoBot 0 / Never

Private
Reason: members helping members
12-31-2012 05:38 AM by MotoBot 0 / Never

Well those are a couple of mine.. haha

Posting about your permaban... Mind = Blown?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave C View Post
fkn kdogg just started staring at me like i'm bout to jump off this bike and murder some dave c. i was thinkin ok lets see what i did to this man to make him hate me and how fast can i run
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator View Post
Muhammad.........Nostradamus..........Kdog
The cycle continues.
kdog22 is offline  
Old 01-21-2014, 08:45 AM   #18
VicTOEmizer
GUEST
 
VicTOEmizer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: seabrook tx
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 14,702

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
rc51 (sold)
TTR 125 :)
Buell xb12r (sold)
2013 z1000 (sold)
Ducati multistrada :)






Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog22 View Post
Posting about your permaban... Mind = Blown?
Are you trolling Habib?
__________________
KEEP YOUR PRIVATE OFF THE INTERNET FOLKS!
VicTOEmizer is offline  
Old 01-21-2014, 08:46 AM   #19
Vegas Kid
Senior Member
 
Vegas Kid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Cypress
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 4,916

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
07 R6-sold
12 TTR 50








What is this trolling yall speak of....
Vegas Kid is offline  
Old 01-21-2014, 08:53 AM   #20
VicTOEmizer
GUEST
 
VicTOEmizer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: seabrook tx
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 14,702

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
rc51 (sold)
TTR 125 :)
Buell xb12r (sold)
2013 z1000 (sold)
Ducati multistrada :)






Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Kid View Post
What is this trolling yall speak of....
You're a natural...
__________________
KEEP YOUR PRIVATE OFF THE INTERNET FOLKS!
VicTOEmizer is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:24 AM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy