MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-30-2014, 08:44 AM   #161
green600
HG Chairperson

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Not to much coc on here bud.

yeah. I thought it'd be like riding with a condescending rossi.
green600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Motorcycle Mc gsxrcody General Discussion (Moto Related) 53 03-05-2011 09:14 AM
Another motorcycle fatality in MC SylverGirl General Discussion (Moto Related) 92 01-02-2011 04:20 PM
Advertisement
Old 06-30-2014, 09:57 PM   #162
Zapata
a.k.a Dos Equis

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
'13 Victory Cross Country
'13 Victory Judge

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman View Post
when you get a patch design and a name and go to coc and giving the ok you can only be a rc ( 1 piece patch design) does that new club that has to start off as rc ever get to be a MC and able to have a 2 piece or 3 piece patch or do they always have to just be a riding group and if so then how are new mc clubs born?
Before an RC becomes an MC, needs to be an RC for at least a year and be sponsor by an MC.

Lots of information here:

http://www.rcvsmc.net/

Texas CoC&I:
http://txcocinews.org/
Zapata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 09:01 PM   #163
Hman

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
CBR900RR

Hey There. New to the forums and relatively new to Texas. The concept of a MC appeals to me. I like the brotherhood aspect and it is something I have not had since my Army days in Iraq. I always assumed MCs were just a Harley thing though. It looks like there are actually some clubs out there that allow sport bikes. Does anyone know where to find a list of Motorcycle Clubs that allow sport bikes in the Houston Area?
Thanks.
Hman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 09:11 PM   #164
VicTOEmizer

Bike(s):
rc51 (sold)
TTR 125 :)
Buell xb12r (sold)
2013 z1000 (sold)
Ducati multistrada :)

Clutch crew..
Old 12-26-2014, 09:49 PM   #165
Zapata
a.k.a Dos Equis

Bike(s):
'13 Victory Judge

Member Garage

http://www.ironrocketsmc.net/
Old 12-26-2014, 10:09 PM   #166
CraigRR
CMRA # 147

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2009 Honda CBR 1000RR ABS
2011 EX250NinjaR
2001 Yamaha TTR-L (sold to Jimrad)
2015 KTM RC 390 CUP

Post up a ride meet spot and general route. People will come.
Old 12-26-2014, 10:39 PM   #167
Zapata
a.k.a Dos Equis

Bike(s):
'13 Victory Judge

Member Garage

Forgot to mention the MC of the OP.

Devious Riders MC

They have cruisers and sport bikes.
Old 12-26-2014, 11:36 PM   #168
CraigRR
CMRA # 147

Bike(s):
2009 Honda CBR 1000RR ABS
2011 EX250NinjaR
2001 Yamaha TTR-L (sold to Jimrad)
2015 KTM RC 390 CUP

Join the CMRA. Plenty of good people there.www.cmraracing.com
Old 12-27-2014, 10:45 AM   #169
Hman

Bike(s):
CBR900RR

Thanks for all the info. Sometimes it gets old riding by yourself. Looking for some good routes to ride that don't have all that insane Houston traffic.
Hman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 10:59 AM   #170
Tojo92
AKA Mongo

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
1994 Ducati 900 SS/SP
2003 Honda CRF450R motard
2002 Husqvarna NOX
2001 KTM Duke II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hman View Post
Thanks for all the info. Sometimes it gets old riding by yourself. Looking for some good routes to ride that don't have all that insane Houston traffic.
A MC is not your only option.

Plenty of other non structured options without having to join any group.
CMRA#665 (neighbor of the beast)
The Problem - Endurance
Tojo92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 11:08 AM   #171
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tojo92 View Post
A MC is not your only option.

Plenty of other non structured options without having to join any group.

Exactly. No need for a club. Mh is all you need and you have already joined
Old 12-27-2014, 06:39 PM   #172
Zapata
a.k.a Dos Equis

Bike(s):
'13 Victory Judge

Member Garage

If you want to avoid all the formality of the MC's you can also check the Nationwide RC's:

http://www.southerncruisers.net/

http://www.freedom-cruisers.org/

http://www.freedomcruisershouston.com/
Old 12-28-2014, 12:38 PM   #173
holycost

Bike(s):
2006 Harley Davidson VRSCD Nightrod
2002 Kawasaki ZR7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapata View Post
If you want to avoid all the formality of the MC's you can also check the Nationwide RC's:

http://www.southerncruisers.net/

http://www.freedom-cruisers.org/

http://www.freedomcruisershouston.com/
Agreed. Being part of an mc is not just showing up with a blank cut and paying the joining fees for patches and sewing on full member patches. Different clubs have different bylaws.

Some require a hang around period where you are not part of the club, but you have a blank cut on. It's a period of time where the patch members feel you out and see if your a fit for their club. The hang around period can be anywhere from 30 days to a year.

After you make it to prospect you are given certain patches but never the full set. Your duties can include checking the bikes at meetings every 10 minutes, making sure no patch members need refreshments, carrying certain items like tools, first aid kit, or anything else like cigarettes or gum but you always carry a maglite for sure. Your scope of duties are basically whatever any member needs or says. Some clubs even wants prospects to wash bikes or go on beer runs for them at their house. Some clubs are stricter than others and will actually call you over for those reasons. Prospect is a minimum of around 6 months to a year. If you don't make it in the year, you obviously aren't a good fit for the club and they will probably vote you out. You may or may not have a sponsor depending on the club.

That's all the info I can give generally but I wanted you to know there is more work than showing up and sewing patches on. You have to earn the right to wear them and to be called brother. Some people don't get it but its very rewarding if you make it and the bond and level of commitment for each other runs deep.

The best way to find a club is to attend a coc which is open to all clubs and independents. They are held every quarter and would be a good way to find a club or ask around about one on your side of town. Be respectful and don't act a fool and you'll be fine attending one as an independent. If you have any other questions feel free to pm me and if you let me know what side of town your onbi can try to help.
holycost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 01:00 PM   #174
Schooley
Herpagonnaisyphalitis

Bike(s):
ZX6R

When I was stationed at fort Bragg a friend of mine who was prospecting for the rr convinced me to come out to a meet with them. Probably the best thing I ever did because I saw first hand the parking lot/stoplight redlining and the thousand dollar paint jobs while not riding with dot approved helmets. Definitely not the kind of thing I wanted to be associated with.
Schooley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 02:24 PM   #175
Tojo92
AKA Mongo

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
1994 Ducati 900 SS/SP
2003 Honda CRF450R motard
2002 Husqvarna NOX
2001 KTM Duke II

Quote:
Questions:

The Bandidos are a self proclaimed 1% MC, correct?

You allow them to be in a position of power (influence) over your MC since they are on the COC in a leadership role, correct?

Would you allow a known (OK, alleged) criminal element association to influence decisions for your family, friends, and business?

I seriously don't get this aspect and am curious as to your thought process in allowing others to influence your decision making (freedom) regarding your MC.
Quote:
Thanks for your answer. So, if the KKK (an association you inferred to a like organization when referencing a writer) or the Yakuza were in charge, but it made your life easier, you would conform to their wishes?

It's an outlandish stretch (given), but trying to get an answer from you so I understand.
Just another comment - no hating, no bashing, just an observation for those considering joining a MC controlled by COC&I.

I just re-read all the posts as the weather sucks today.

The above posts made by me originally still have me shaking my head. Allowing yourself and your group to be controlled by nefarious organizations (by their own descriptions) is just puzzling to me.

Most motorcyclists (noticed I didn't say bikers) I know wouldn't allow this based on their outlook towards true freedom.

Again, not for me and if anyone wants to do this, have at it. As I have said before, if it doesn't affect me or my family, I really don't care how you like to play in your free time.

I am mainly posting so people can consider the alternative outlook that you are doing nothing more than allowing yourself to be controlled by another group in exchange for 'stuff" you can get on your own. Of course, if you are joining a 1% MC, that's a whole another story...

Carry on...
CMRA#665 (neighbor of the beast)
The Problem - Endurance
Tojo92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 05:25 PM   #176
Mr.P
Driving Duh-Bus

Bike(s):
CBR1000RR

I wore a hoodie today. No one cared. I could choose any hoodlie in my closet, throw it on, and walk around the block. It sure is nice to wear what I want and not have some badass in a yellow hoodie tell me I can't. Sadly, I had no black hoodie friends to walk around the block with me. Mainly cause I don't need other's help to do basic stuff. For everything else a little harder, THANKS MH!!!
Old 12-28-2014, 05:31 PM   #177
Mr.P
Driving Duh-Bus

Bike(s):
CBR1000RR

Quote:

The above posts made by me originally still have me shaking my head. Allowing yourself and your group to be controlled by nefarious organizations (by their own descriptions) is just puzzling to me.
Ya, I don't get it. And when cops and firemen and service members are doing this I really don't understand. It seems like a kick in the nuts to protect freedom and independence and then give in to a system of control run partially by folks saying my way or the hi-way and the police. Why?
Old 12-28-2014, 08:28 PM   #178
Schooley
Herpagonnaisyphalitis

Bike(s):
ZX6R

You would be amazed by some of the people that are in the military..
Schooley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 11:06 PM   #179
Challen
MSF Lead Instructor

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2000 ZX12R
2008 250R
2012 ZX10R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.P View Post
Ya, I don't get it. And when cops and firemen and service members are doing this I really don't understand. It seems like a kick in the nuts to protect freedom and independence and then give in to a system of control run partially by folks saying my way or the hi-way and the police. Why?
I asked a LEO friend about that one time. He says that LEO clubs don't have to go before the COC to be recognized.
Old 12-29-2014, 06:28 AM   #180
holycost

Bike(s):
2006 Harley Davidson VRSCD Nightrod
2002 Kawasaki ZR7

LEO clubs don't. Not really a situation a certain club wants to be in having to approve or talk to them and LEO clubs don't really care anyways. lol

Now tojo, it's not that they influence decisions or put certain limitations on what you wear. You seen those crazy clubs with 1,000 patches on their cuts which is just silly. They make sure a certain standard is upheld and basic guidelines are in place such as protocol, clubs don't have a problem with a new club using certain colors or patch designs. It basically is a way for clubs to exist without confrontations such as a new club starts up with reverse colors and similar patch design as another club. The original club would get and have to deal with it but with the coc the new club would have to have permission first from all clubs. Its not that your giving up freedom being on a motorcycle but making sure your not invading another's freedom.

Along with the protocol have a certain hope that clubs ride in a respectful way. That means no crazy hauling , stunting, lane splitting, shoulder riding or any of that stuff. If you want to do that, don't wear your cut or don't be in an mc. When you have your cut on, your representing all motorcycle riders even more than someone who doesn't because generally people look at someone with a cut on as serious biker etc. Some don't wear helmets yes, but most do. That's just how it goes with motorcycle riders just like seat belts in cars.

You can wear all the black hoodies or yellow hoodies you want as long as they don't have your own MC name on it and it's not your approved colors.

I guess the reason a certain club is on the coc is to make sure that these are explained and protocol is followed. I have been corrected or have been explained a couple things before. They did not come off as rude and were actually quite informative. They have never asked me to do anything serious and have never used me to do anything along those lines. The day that I am asked to do something that jeopardizes my life, family, career, friends, or beliefs is the day that I turn in my cut.

Hope this helps to people that genuinely have questions and not these internet debaters worrying about hoodies and other smart things.
holycost is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement