MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 12-23-2013, 05:31 PM   #81
ST675
01101000 01101001

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
lots of bikes from 80cc to 1200cc
Current : ZX11
KX80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon Samurai View Post
Yeah i saw that, theres obvious bad apples in that whole mix. You shouldnt...why would anyone want to start an MC thats solo...no one would.
Actually, I could see someone wanting to start a MC with just family or friends and that is it. No recruting, no BS. Just a group of people who ride bikes, promote family and help others when they can.

LOL I am going to start a club. 4 bar patch, 2 bar each side outer thigh of your pants. Anyone that I see with my 2 bar leg patch I will ask them to hand over the pants...
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Motorcycle Mc gsxrcody General Discussion (Moto Related) 53 03-05-2011 09:14 AM
Another motorcycle fatality in MC SylverGirl General Discussion (Moto Related) 92 01-02-2011 04:20 PM
Advertisement
Old 12-23-2013, 05:54 PM   #82
ArmyApe
In reality, Goliath wins

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2012 Kawasaki ZX10R
2011 Kawasaki ZX6R (sold)

Member Garage

Send a message via Skype™ to ArmyApe
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST675 View Post
Actually, I could see someone wanting to start a MC with just family or friends and that is it. No recruting, no BS. Just a group of people who ride bikes, promote family and help others when they can.

LOL I am going to start a club. 4 bar patch, 2 bar each side outer thigh of your pants. Anyone that I see with my 2 bar leg patch I will ask them to hand over the pants...
Dude... seriously, though. Make yoga pants your club thing. You'd have to take yoga pants from everyone who wasn't part of your group. Of course, you'd have to wear them but, sacrifices, right?
Liked this post:
Old 12-23-2013, 06:12 PM   #83
Neon Samurai
3090 MotoGP Champion

Bike(s):
2010 Ducati Streetfighter (sold)
2012 Triumph Speed Triple R
2008 Triumph Sprint ST (Sold)
2014 BMW s1000R
2012 Aprilia Tuono (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by obed View Post
not sure what you are smoking, but your is all over the place..
you do not understand what you are reading here....
if you like other clubs join one... if want you want your own club, with your own friends, as it now stands... unless you want a war, you have to get permission from other clubs to form a new one...who gave them that right...
I have no problem with clubs...do not want to join one.. i just do not see that any group or individual has the right to control what someone else does...be it motorcycles, lovers...politics or religion...
it is the inhibiting of individual rights and liberties that i object to.
I guess this is par for the course...if i ever thought you knew what you were talking about, I would have to recheck my understanding...and that was true under your old screen name too...
You're missing the point. They are protecting themselves.
Old 12-23-2013, 06:24 PM   #84
obed
TMGP Pimp

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2011 Honda CBR600RR
Harley Road King
Harley Sportster
Yamaha TW200
Suzuki dirt bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon Samurai View Post
You're missing the point. They are protecting themselves.
there is nothing to have to protect themselves from, the rights and liberties of others is not a threat to them...if there is a point missed, it is not I that am missing it... it is those who feel that what they like is something others should be forced to do...

a thief does not need to protect himself from the homeowner, if he is not breaking into the home trying to steal...
if a 1%'er was not a 1%'er he would not have to worry about his image if someone wearing colors got into trouble.
Old 12-23-2013, 06:37 PM   #85
holycost

Bike(s):
2006 Harley Davidson VRSCD Nightrod
2002 Kawasaki ZR7

Yes since every club is just like soa,
holycost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 06:43 PM   #86
TMAX
Forever MODERATE

Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
TMAX (Retired in California)
Xciting 500
XT 225
Duke 2
C14 & FZ6

I actually want to be a 1%er
Old 12-23-2013, 08:00 PM   #87
Rykoson
Brawp Brawp!

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
www.shortfilmproductions.org
2009 YZF-R6-Rest in Peace
2011 ZX-6R Kawasaki Ninja-Track/Street

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.P View Post
But, I'm going to do the right thing (for me) and unsubscribe from this thread. My point has been made. I'll leave it to the ones who understand to recruit new minions upon who's shoulders to build their power base atop of.
Why so angry...what's explained here to me is that if someones wants to be a part of something they either have to join something that is already in place...or start something themselves...working for a person and even deciding to be on a team requires an individual to have to follow some set of rules...I guess the whole colors like wearing our ridesmart and fastline shirts to meets are a way of just promoting what we stand for or just someway of getting free track time...Is it people? No I like people from all groups and then you even have other forum clicks. To me its what I work with and am glad to have any opportunity to be a part of what anything I am able to or at least fortunate to have been a part of. I thank them for the opportunity... I just have to take advantage of whats best for me. I don't see Halffast as some form of club but like obed said...some sort of association.

I think it's funny how much negativity there is towards some of these clubs, but in the grand scheme.. like someone said...everyone wants to be a part of something. The thing is some members are leaders in their communities and have more of an influence. The power and organized structures are different, but all have the same goal in reaching their constituents....or riders. ...Each group has its forms of "team" goals...but having to get beat up for not following an order or having to follow a COC.....hey i've seen discovery channel ok...this aint no game!
STREET SCHOLARS PRODUCTIONS-Hookit
Rykoson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 08:07 PM   #88
Rykoson
Brawp Brawp!

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
www.shortfilmproductions.org
2009 YZF-R6-Rest in Peace
2011 ZX-6R Kawasaki Ninja-Track/Street

Member Garage

haha....this by no means is a bash to the OP...this just reminded me of South Park Episode....(sorry dude this is MH) ... posted by someone here....just a MC disclaimer since this is a public forum. Can't believe nobody posted this already...

STREET SCHOLARS PRODUCTIONS-Hookit
Rykoson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 08:17 PM   #89
ArmyApe
In reality, Goliath wins

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
2012 Kawasaki ZX10R
2011 Kawasaki ZX6R (sold)

Member Garage

Send a message via Skype™ to ArmyApe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rykoson View Post
Why so angry...what's explained here to me is that if someones wants to be a part of something they either have to join something that is already in place...or start something themselves...working for a person and even deciding to be on a team requires an individual to have to follow some set of rules...I guess the whole colors like wearing our ridesmart and fastline shirts to meets are a way of just promoting what we stand for or just someway of getting free track time...Is it people? No I like people from all groups and then you even have other forum clicks. To me its what I work with and am glad to have any opportunity to be a part of what anything I am able to or at least fortunate to have been a part of. I thank them for the opportunity... I just have to take advantage of whats best for me. I don't see Halffast as some form of club but like obed said...some sort of association.

I think it's funny how much negativity there is towards some of these clubs, but in the grand scheme.. like someone said...everyone wants to be a part of something. The thing is some members are leaders in their communities and have more of an influence. The power and organized structures are different, but all have the same goal in reaching their constituents....or riders. ...Each group has its forms of "team" goals...but having to get beat up for not following an order or having to follow a COC.....hey i've seen discovery channel ok...this aint no game!
Right on the money... except for comparing my life to "reality" TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rykoson View Post
haha....this by no means is a bash to the OP...this just reminded me of South Park Episode....(sorry dude this is MH) ... posted by someone here....just a MC disclaimer since this is a public forum. Can't believe nobody posted this already...

Don't Be a - YouTube
Actually one of my favourite episodes
Old 12-23-2013, 08:35 PM   #90
ST675
01101000 01101001

Bike(s):
lots of bikes from 80cc to 1200cc
Current : ZX11
KX80

Lol no one is angry at them. Just people expressing how they feel towards a subject.

And good news I now belong to a full motorcycle club! Membership is $15/year. Only rule is you have to own a motorcycle. If you want to join PM PM for my paypal
Old 12-24-2013, 12:28 AM   #91
NewRider
Riding, Eating & Partying

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
Retrospec Fixie (Hipster ride)

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxgs View Post
If someone were to start a new MC club in a particular area of houston, would it be likely that area is part of another club's territory?
Why is a territory needed though? I think that is what confuses me.

Territory is always associated with gang activity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyApe View Post
I understand that but, "cuts are ghey" and "I hate MCs" are not valid opposing viewpoints. I've seen very few counter arguments beyond disagreement with extra rules.

It's not only likely, it's guaranteed. There are over 140 recognised MCs in the Houston area alone. In order to avoid conflict, when starting a new MC, you need to approach and be approved by the COC&I (Confederation of Clubs and Independents). It's a pretty long process and the final result will be a vote held by all existing clubs on your proposed patch design at which point, you're pretty much in. COC meetings are held every 3 months, or so. They have a website (search Texas COC) where you can find out where and when the next one will be, as well as who to contact for more information.
But why would there be conflict if you are saying clubs are not gangs or violent?
Quote:
Originally Posted by holycost View Post
Understand but when someone comes in and says mcs are not for me, they are nothing but gangsters or thugs, or just start trash talking instead of simply stating a point or if they want to express an opinion in sure they can do it in a debate format or use a little tact in how they deliver their message. If you don't like mcs fine but this thread is not about if you like them and throw accusations its to bring up points or clarify doubts. You don't need to say mcs are just garbage and I don't like them. Fine if that's how you feel but lets contribute to this thread instead of just flaming is what I mean.
The activities you describe makes it sound like gangs/thugs. When you talk about territories and permission and colors and where you can wear or are "allowed" to.

Good luck to you, but I've had just as much or maybe even more fun just meeting folks from this site in different rides, meets and trackdays. I doubt there is something more that an MC could offer me or a huge percentage of the people here.

...and I think that's why you get this kind of resistance on these posts.

HALFFAST GROUP
NewRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 01:09 AM   #92
CraigRR
CMRA # 147

Bike(s):
2009 Honda CBR 1000RR ABS
2011 EX250NinjaR
2001 Yamaha TTR-L (sold to Jimrad)
2015 KTM RC 390 CUP

I ride my own ride with friends or alone. I have fun & and help out strangers when they need help.http://youtu.be/3jCmtkCN-9U
Old 12-24-2013, 04:23 AM   #93
CBRguyIZcool
UkrainianSicilian100%Nerd

Bike(s):
H-D Sportster 48

Send a message via AIM to CBRguyIZcool
I have no friends...... this sucks.
CBRguyIZcool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 07:44 AM   #94
Adam
Adam

Bike(s):
2008 Yamaha R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by obed View Post
I am right proud of you. I am glad that as an active duty member of our armed forces that you equate your military service with your MC membership.
I am glad that you proudly wear the little patch that says you support the local 1 % group.
And that right there is one of the most common misconceptions about MC's not every club is a 1% club for those of you that don't really get out much or dont have much experience with being around club members not everthing you see is like sons of anarchy. But Obed if you dislike the fact that someone supposedly equated their military service with being in an MC you're going to your pants when you find out most clubs were founded by veterans including both the hells angels and outlaws which are both original 1%s they're then people sons of anarchy television show wish they could be. Its going to kill you when you realize that the reason these clubs succeed are because of military members. The discipline, order and drive taught in the military is essential to establish a long lasting club. You're quick to jump the gun and assume club members are doing drive by or smuggling guns does it happen yes do all clubs do it no that being said how much goes missing on a military base how many conex boxes show up to a port from a military base labeled potatoes and when its opened its a humvee full of ammo and weapons the answer is a ton yet you don't judge the service based on a few bad seeds so why judge clubs?
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 07:54 AM   #95
Adam
Adam

Bike(s):
2008 Yamaha R1

Army Ape

Hate to say it brother but you're an alcoholic at a prohibitionist meeting, just wasting your time. No matter what you say or do you're just a violent thug with a oh so evil patch on your back. You tried to hold a civil discussion and explain the MC lifestyle from your point of view unfortunately this is the internet and civil does not exist here. People will simply argue just to fill their time there's no point in wasting your time. You know what its about and that's why you do it trying to explain it to someone else is pointless because they only know what they see on TV of have heard from that friend who has a friend that's in a club. If they really want to know let them swing by yalls club house for an open house. Funny how when they hang out with members they're quick to want to join. ML&R
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 08:17 AM   #96
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage

This is still America. If being in a club makes you happy, then by all means pursue your happiness
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 12-24-2013, 08:28 AM   #97
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

Just make sure you're COC approved, kekeke

What a joke.
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 08:28 AM   #98
obed
TMGP Pimp

Bike(s):
2011 Honda CBR600RR
Harley Road King
Harley Sportster
Yamaha TW200
Suzuki dirt bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
And that right there is one of the most common misconceptions about MC's not every club is a 1% club for those of you that don't really get out much or dont have much experience with being around club members not everthing you see is like sons of anarchy. But Obed if you dislike the fact that someone supposedly equated their military service with being in an MC you're going to your pants when you find out most clubs were founded by veterans including both the hells angels and outlaws which are both original 1%s they're then people sons of anarchy television show wish they could be.
you are about 50 years too late on letting me know that many of the original 1% clubs were founded by a veteran. That does not make them cool... many thieves, rapists and murders are veterans...I have never seen an episode of the TV show you referenced... and I know that most MC's are not 1%'ers. I have been riding for over 50 years, in several parts of the country and have been exposed to members of several different 1% clubs...and as individuals, some of them were pretty easy to get along with, though I would not say that any of them were actually friends of mine. You seem to have missed the fact that my main objection is not to the club itself, but the system...where they decide who can wear what colors, what the patch is and how it can be worn, and where it can be worn....they by their process, violate the rights and liberties of other people... and clubs who participate in that, help make it work...they facilitate the oppression of others...

Its going to kill you when you realize that the reason these clubs succeed are because of military members. The discipline, order and drive taught in the military is essential to establish a long lasting club. You're quick to jump the gun and assume club members are doing drive by or smuggling guns does it happen yes do all clubs do it no
you are making an assumption about what I think, when nothing of the sort was ever posted by me. You also make assumptions about what makes clubs work...with out any real experience yourself...you know about one club, one that your military service itself has kept you having much experience with...you have an opinion based on desire, not reality...

that being said how much goes missing on a military base how many conex boxes show up to a port from a military base labeled potatoes and when its opened its a humvee full of ammo and weapons the answer is a ton yet you don't judge the service based on a few bad seeds so why judge clubs?
The answer to that is simple, the percentage of military people who commit crimes, is about the same as the general populace, after all the general populace is where the military gets its people...
among MC clubs who are not 1%'ers the crime rate is similar... among 1%'ers it is as to be expected, much higher... but I do not judge clubs based on crime, but upon the support of a system that place the rights of citizens somewhere below their own personal way of doing things...I still judge each individual on their actions, the OP here happens to be a man I consider a friend, and we have had lunch together many times and I think he is a good guy...his club membership is his right... he comes from south Africa originally and has a few different views on things than many of us because of his differing experiences and his club membership surprises me because of his otherwise strong support of individual rights and liberties...but he and I can discuss that further the next time we have lunch together

Last edited by obed; 12-24-2013 at 08:31 AM.
obed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 08:42 AM   #99
Hail
Middle Aged Crazy Member

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
2013 Triumph Speed Triple R
2012 DR-Z 400S

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMAX View Post
I actually want to be a 1%er
Dude! You are already a 0.0009%er. Why go the opposite direction?
Hail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 08:46 AM   #100
Hail
Middle Aged Crazy Member

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
2013 Triumph Speed Triple R
2012 DR-Z 400S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
This is still America. If being in a club makes you happy, then by all means pursue your happiness
You can't put it more practically and simply than that. Excellent.
Hail is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement