MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 12-23-2013, 01:54 PM   #61
MikeyP

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyApe View Post
1) That's wikipedia, but a lot of that info may be correct.
2) If you're interested in doing research, look in two books by Alex Caine; The Fat Mexican and Befriend and Betray. Caine was an undercover operative who infiltrated a number of criminal organisations and lived to write about some of his experiences. He's been close to the Bandidos, 's Angels, Yakuza, KKK and a few more and his books are far more in-depth than a quick Wiki.
3) Some of their members are indeed ranking officers of the COC&I but, if you can ever make a meeting, you'll see that that voting process on decisions for Houston (Region 3) is carried out by members of every club that attends. There are no "back-room meetings" where decisions are made and passed down, we all have a say and any dissent is taken seriously and debated until a compromise is met.

These decisions, for the most part, only affect MCs. Other information that gets put out pertains to bills that affect motorcycles and riders everywhere as well as new laws that have already passed.

As far as, "it seems they would be affiliated with the Bandidos" goes. Only inasmuch as the COC goes, for the most part.
The TX COC's State Chairman is a Bandido, and you can bet your bike there is a reason for that. Many of the other chairs are held by clubs that are support groups to the Bandidos.
You may not consider your 99% club to be affiliated, but understand that the only reason you can wear a bottom rocker in this state is because a Bandido allowed it.
2008 CBR 600RR #1 (Graffiti) street
2008 CBR 600RR #2 track
CMRA #599
MikeyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Motorcycle Mc gsxrcody General Discussion (Moto Related) 53 03-05-2011 09:14 AM
Another motorcycle fatality in MC SylverGirl General Discussion (Moto Related) 92 01-02-2011 04:20 PM
Advertisement
Old 12-23-2013, 01:55 PM   #62
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

Quote:
. That group was denied the privilege of wearing their patches and had them confiscated by COC&I officers.

So the forcible took patches from people?
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 01:56 PM   #63
clayp

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2014 Brutale 800
2013 S1000rr
2006 CBR1000rr
2005 Ducati 749s
1993 CBR900rr project

OP started this thread to explain to the rest of us why a MC club should be appealing. So far, myself and many others are unconvinced and have presented our reasons why. If the pro-MC members can't present a compelling argument then don't tell us to shut up. We didn't bring up the subject.
clayp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 02:05 PM   #64
Yillbs

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2007 Ninja 650R ( SOLD )
2012 FZ6R
2016 R6

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by clayp View Post
OP started this thread to explain to the rest of us why a MC club should be appealing. So far, myself and many others are unconvinced and have presented our reasons why. If the pro-MC members can't present a compelling argument then don't tell us to shut up. We didn't bring up the subject.
some men like to have with trannies, some don't.
Nuff said.

It's hard to pitch something to people who disagree with it completely. so it'll be never ending. Another " to lane split, or not to lane split discussion". In the end, if people want to be known as the buttcakes who had to do what another grown man told them to do because the other grown man will kill you otherwise and steal your things then so be it.
Old 12-23-2013, 02:11 PM   #65
ST675
01101000 01101001

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
lots of bikes from 80cc to 1200cc
Current : ZX11
KX80

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
So the forcible took patches from people?
They think you don't have a right to wear a patch. They may as one time for you to remove it. The second time they ask they will help you understand why it needs to be removed and how to remove it..
Old 12-23-2013, 02:20 PM   #66
obed
TMGP Pimp

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
2011 Honda CBR600RR
Harley Road King
Harley Sportster
Yamaha TW200
Suzuki dirt bike

Quote:
; there was one group that tried to circumvent the COC&I by wearing a patch that hadn't been approved with a territory they hadn't been approved in. At the COC&I meeting, they were called out, in public by a few clubs that had seen them riding around. That group was denied the privilege of wearing their patches and had them confiscated by COC&I officers.

"Interesting" is right. I hadn't realised how many people hated something that doesn't even affect them so much that they take minutes out of their day to say so.

Perfectly explained, thank you!

Have you paid attention to congress lately?
As a veteran who served to protect liberty, you are OK with that?
Who/what gave the COC&I the right/power to tell those guys they could or could not wear a patch?
People don't hate something that does not have an effect on them, they hate something that assumes the right to control others. They hate bullies.

Yes I have paid attention to congress, but the members of congress are at least elected to their office by the people who pay the penalites for the decisions congress makes...
Old 12-23-2013, 02:50 PM   #67
clayp

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2014 Brutale 800
2013 S1000rr
2006 CBR1000rr
2005 Ducati 749s
1993 CBR900rr project

Well Obed you have touched on something that may be an actual plus argument for a MC club in my opinion. As our Federal govt continues to pander to special interest groups and the section 8 segments of society, continues to overreach its authority in terms of violating the privacy and rights of its citizens, there may be a time approaching where citizens will outright reject the authority of the Feds.

To do so there have to be some groups that will be able to assemble and organize segments of the populace to maintain some order and protection from the oppressors. Being that many MC groups happen to have many members with trade skills, and former military trained backgrounds, and likely access to a cache of arms and armaments it would be a logical place to rally from. Much like a pre-militia so to speak.
clayp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 03:11 PM   #68
Mark.Guerra

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
05 GSXR 1000

ooo i see.
Mark.Guerra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 03:15 PM   #69
MikeyP

People in general want to "belong." The order of an MC makes it something special in the eyes of those who aspire to it. I understand the appeal.

In my opinion it doesn't make much sense to be in a 99% MC. I don't claim to know the specifics of membership, but I know that it is much easier to join than into an outlaw/1%-er club.

I'm not into either, although I do know some 1%-ers through family, and acquaintances. If I chose to join an MC it would be into a 1%er MC. Go big, or go home. Everything else seems wannabe to me.
2008 CBR 600RR #1 (Graffiti) street
2008 CBR 600RR #2 track
CMRA #599
MikeyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 03:40 PM   #70
bdmpastx
The Cripple

Bike(s):
2009 Nissan GTR - sold
2015 Nissan GTR

I guess this is why TSBA has had a hard time in the past. People think its a club and it is but not in the traditional sense of the word like the one Army Ape is talking about. The TSBA is just a bunch of like minded sport bike riders that like to actually ride the back roads and have fun.

This MC stuff with all the patches and rules and such is just plain silly to me. But to each his own. The whole SOA and the show that was on Discovery us just plain lame to me.
Old 12-23-2013, 03:51 PM   #71
obed
TMGP Pimp

Bike(s):
2011 Honda CBR600RR
Harley Road King
Harley Sportster
Yamaha TW200
Suzuki dirt bike

Yep, meeting once a month for lunch and then just going out and riding one the weekends is not really a club... an association fits better if you apply it loosely.
Old 12-23-2013, 04:13 PM   #72
ArmyApe
In reality, Goliath wins

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2012 Kawasaki ZX10R
2011 Kawasaki ZX6R (sold)

Member Garage

Send a message via Skype™ to ArmyApe
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdmpastx View Post
I guess this is why TSBA has had a hard time in the past. People think its a club and it is but not in the traditional sense of the word like the one Army Ape is talking about. The TSBA is just a bunch of like minded sport bike riders that like to actually ride the back roads and have fun.

This MC stuff with all the patches and rules and such is just plain silly to me. But to each his own. The whole SOA and the show that was on Discovery us just plain lame to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by obed View Post
Yep, meeting once a month for lunch and then just going out and riding one the weekends is not really a club... an association fits better if you apply it loosely.
That, plus the family BBQs, volleyball, softball, movie nights, hanging out, track days, group rides, kid's birthdays...
Old 12-23-2013, 04:45 PM   #73
Neon Samurai
3090 MotoGP Champion

Bike(s):
2010 Ducati Streetfighter (sold)
2012 Triumph Speed Triple R
2008 Triumph Sprint ST (Sold)
2014 BMW s1000R
2012 Aprilia Tuono (sold)

Quote:
I understand that the patch is copy righted...so is the patch and logos of many organizations...what has that got to do with anything...colors have been around longer than any organizations and no one owns the right to any colors or combinations thereof.

What a club does in the way of regulating its members is for them to deal with...when they start trying to regulate folks who have not willingly chosen to submit to them... it is a violation of the rights of others...it IS strong arm, it is SUBJUGATION, it goes against rights and personal liberties of others...
Veterans put time in the service to be sure that kind of thing does not happen..so I do not understand then turning around and submitting to it.
No actually you're wrong again as usual. You have the freedom to have an AMA club approved by the AMA and fly colors. Heck, you can be stupid and fly Bandit colors...just dont expect any recourse. There is no strong arming. Have you been to a COC meeting? I see clubs get approved all the time, its actually quit civilized.

Now I can see from your point a view its a bunch of grown men playing secret society, but you're old and you assume age brings wisdom.

That being said, the MC life is not for me.
Old 12-23-2013, 04:49 PM   #74
Neon Samurai
3090 MotoGP Champion

Bike(s):
2014 BMW s1000R

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMAX View Post
What MC will allow scooters?
Talkto Cory aka short dude that goes to shepard park.
Old 12-23-2013, 04:51 PM   #75
Neon Samurai
3090 MotoGP Champion

Bike(s):
2014 BMW s1000R

Quote:
As a veteran who served to protect liberty, you are OK with that?
Who/what gave the COC&I the right/power to tell those guys they could or could not wear a patch?
People don't hate something that does not have an effect on them, they hate something that assumes the right to control others. They hate bullies.

Yes I have paid attention to congress, but the members of congress are at least elected to their office by the people who pay the penalites for the decisions congress makes...
So someone wants to make an MC, play like an MC but then doesnt want to have nothing to do with MC's? Sounds pretty silly the scenario you just described.
Old 12-23-2013, 04:56 PM   #76
Jae
Kilted Basterd

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
Naked Sprint
Russian POS
Angry Max/Tub
Pile o' Hyosungs

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon Samurai View Post
Talkto Cory aka short dude that goes to shepard park.
I'd bet Jamie could probably tell you as well.
Old 12-23-2013, 04:59 PM   #77
Neon Samurai
3090 MotoGP Champion

Bike(s):
2014 BMW s1000R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jae View Post
I'd bet Jamie could probably tell you as well.
+1
Old 12-23-2013, 05:01 PM   #78
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

Quote:
So someone wants to make an MC, play like an MC but then doesnt want to have nothing to do with MC's? Sounds pretty silly the scenario you just described.
Guess you missed the post earlier where badges were "taken" off by coercion vs voluntary

And just because you have your own MC why should you have to assoc w other MC?
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 05:04 PM   #79
Neon Samurai
3090 MotoGP Champion

Bike(s):
2014 BMW s1000R

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
Guess you missed the post earlier where badges were "taken" off by coercion vs voluntary

And just because you have your own MC why should you have to assoc w other MC?
Yeah i saw that, theres obvious bad apples in that whole mix. You shouldnt...why would anyone want to start an MC thats solo...no one would.
Old 12-23-2013, 05:15 PM   #80
obed
TMGP Pimp

Bike(s):
2011 Honda CBR600RR
Harley Road King
Harley Sportster
Yamaha TW200
Suzuki dirt bike

Quote:
Yeah i saw that, theres obvious bad apples in that whole mix. You shouldnt...why would anyone want to start an MC thats solo...no one would.
not sure what you are smoking, but your is all over the place..
you do not understand what you are reading here....
if you like other clubs join one... if want you want your own club, with your own friends, as it now stands... unless you want a war, you have to get permission from other clubs to form a new one...who gave them that right...
I have no problem with clubs...do not want to join one.. i just do not see that any group or individual has the right to control what someone else does...be it motorcycles, lovers...politics or religion...
it is the inhibiting of individual rights and liberties that i object to.
I guess this is par for the course...if i ever thought you knew what you were talking about, I would have to recheck my understanding...and that was true under your old screen name too...

Advertisement