MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 12-23-2013, 10:06 AM   #41
ArmyApe
In reality, Goliath wins

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2012 Kawasaki ZX10R
2011 Kawasaki ZX6R (sold)

Member Garage

Send a message via Skype™ to ArmyApe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.P View Post
How do the Bandidos fit in this grand Texas COC scheme? I see their members listed as holding 3 or 4 official positions. When I wiki the Bandidos I get the following:

The Bandidos Motorcycle Club, also known as the Bandido Nation, is a "one-percenter" motorcycle gang...

If a MH member were to join your MC, it seems they would be affiliated with the Bandidos. Is this the case? Wiki says...
1) That's wikipedia, but a lot of that info may be correct.
2) If you're interested in doing research, look in two books by Alex Caine; The Fat Mexican and Befriend and Betray. Caine was an undercover operative who infiltrated a number of criminal organisations and lived to write about some of his experiences. He's been close to the Bandidos, 's Angels, Yakuza, KKK and a few more and his books are far more in-depth than a quick Wiki.
3) Some of their members are indeed ranking officers of the COC&I but, if you can ever make a meeting, you'll see that that voting process on decisions for Houston (Region 3) is carried out by members of every club that attends. There are no "back-room meetings" where decisions are made and passed down, we all have a say and any dissent is taken seriously and debated until a compromise is met.

These decisions, for the most part, only affect MCs. Other information that gets put out pertains to bills that affect motorcycles and riders everywhere as well as new laws that have already passed.

As far as, "it seems they would be affiliated with the Bandidos" goes. Only inasmuch as the COC goes, for the most part.
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Motorcycle Mc gsxrcody General Discussion (Moto Related) 53 03-05-2011 09:14 AM
Another motorcycle fatality in MC SylverGirl General Discussion (Moto Related) 92 01-02-2011 04:20 PM
Advertisement
Old 12-23-2013, 10:14 AM   #42
Tojo92
AKA Mongo

Feedback Rating: (7)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
1994 Ducati 900 SS/SP
2003 Honda CRF450R motard
2002 Husqvarna NOX
2001 KTM Duke II

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyApe View Post
As far as, "it seems they would be affiliated with the Bandidos" goes.
Questions:

The Bandidos are a self proclaimed 1% MC, correct?

You allow them to be in a position of power (influence) over your MC since they are on the COC in a leadership role, correct?

Would you allow a known (OK, alleged) criminal element association to influence decisions for your family, friends, and business?

I seriously don't get this aspect and am curious as to your thought process in allowing others to influence your decision making (freedom) regarding your MC.
CMRA#665 (neighbor of the beast)
The Problem - Endurance
Tojo92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 10:59 AM   #43
ArmyApe
In reality, Goliath wins

Bike(s):
2012 Kawasaki ZX10R

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bart View Post
what does the 13 stand for?

It's different for all clubs and for different groups. According to Wiki, it's the 13th letter of the alphabet and stands for "M" for "Motorcycle"... which is laughable. Pot heads think it's "M" for "marijuana." Again, completely missing the mark. In the MC community, it usually has a meaning more appropriate to club life;
13 represents either "12 jurors and one judge" signifying that your actions are your own and you're prepared to accept the consequences thereof. This is a common theme that comes with riding two wheels and aligns with what a lot of members have posted up here with phrases like "pay to play" and "I see tickets as dues that come with the territory."
13 also represents the 13 steps to the gallows, an alternative form of "death before dishonour," more reference to the military roots of MCs.

Like, not all MC's are 1%er's? Any way for the average joe to realize who's a friendly biker and who not to try to talk to?
Easy, any 1%er club will have a diamond-shaped patch that says "1%"

Is there an alternative to an MC? - I mean, a small group of riders, loyal to one another that function like a club but just don't call themselves that?

Sure, any group of friends can do that, but the MC community is so well established and widespread that you'd be isolated from every existent RC/MC. As an MC, we have access to funds (from monthly dues) for charities and benefits that might be harder to put together if you're just hanging out with people and decide to do something nice.

Frankly I love the idea of a club of loyal friends; all riders, all willing to have each other's back through thick and thin. Unfortunately I'm now in Kerrville, I'm bikeless and have other ducks to get in a row first. So my respect to y'all.

Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tojo92 View Post
I'm not a "joiner" or a "follower". Seems counter intuitive as to why I ride motorcycles, or live my life the way I do for that matter. The problem with joining a group such as these, in my mind, is that "it's for the brotherhood" seems like a load of horse hockey from people socially inept at making true friends. Or, possibly those that create groups so they can "lead" others in some scenario other than real life. Depends on what stage the group is in.

Ad hominem much? Please, keep it civil and stick to questions, not derogatory assumptions.

I have never understood fraternities, unions, or MC's for grown men in a free country. It's somewhat ironic to me since your service to our country helped to allow us to have these freedoms, yet you place yourself in a position to be arbitrarily "ruled" by others.

I appreciate your service to our country and I also appreciate your effort to explain the MC's to others, just offering you a possible example as to why many are put off by MC's unions, etc.

Also, acknowledging the "power" of the COC to control your actions links you to be associated with their less than desirable actions in today's society. It insinuates that you condone those actions by the 1%ers because you allow yourself to follow their rules simply because you want a patch that is endorsed by them.

I just don't get it, guess I never will.

That said, good luck. As long as your actions don't interfere with mine, it's all good.
I gave up more to join the Service than I did by joining an MC. I do both for the same reason: to give back to a country, State and community that gave so much to me. All this talk of "extra rules to follow" is borne of a lack of understanding and misrepresentation of the inner workings of MC structure. I have never felt hindered by the patch on my back to allow me ride like I always ride. That freedom didn't suddenly "disappear," it just gained a new perspective. If that still seems like something you'd rather stay away from, you're right, it won't interfere with you any more than it already did when you took the time to write that out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP171 View Post
ok I do NOT belong to a MC/RC, but what I remember,

There are 3 types of club as recognized by the COC/I
Riders clubs (RC) are the lowest and usually have a 1 piece patch, it cannot rep(advertise) a specific area like Houston but may have a state name. RC's are usually allowed to go anywhere with colors(patch)

Yes and no, some things have changed but, essentially, this is pretty close to true.

MC 1 is a Motorcycle club and it may use a 1 or 2 part patch again it may NOT have a geographical rocker but may have a state they are restricted as to where they may where colors.

1 piece patches do have territory rockers and, for the most part, may travel pretty freely.

MC 2 are what you think of as traditional Motorcycle clubs, they usually have 3 part patches and are very restricted as to where they may REP colors and where they may go outside the MC's turf.

Again, close. We can ride where ever we want to a certain extent. As I mentioned before, leaving a city (say, Houston to Dallas) would require permission for the reasons I listed before. Going from midtown to Katy, then up to Yankees and finishing in Deer Park wouldn't required permission to be asked at all. All this is based on wearing your colours at the time. If you're driving to a meeting in Vegas, for example, none of this applies at all as long as you don't wear anything that advertises your colours.

Patch colors are restricted as to who your parent or patron is, Black and White is restricted to a few clubs such as the Misfits, Losers and the one AA is in we're actually black and silver..., the 13 denotes the Parent or Patron See my post above Same idea as Red/Gold is Dito's, amigos and a couple that are no longer in existence because of asshat activities. Orange and White is restricted to the Voyagers, so on and so forth.

The Banditos were started in San Leon Texas in the early 1950's and own all the area clean to Galveston and all the Houston area, yes there is ALWAYS a Dito on the E board of the COC, its part of the Charter under the NCOC/I.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renzo View Post
What's the punishment for starting a mc club in another mc territory?
With, or without permission? With permission; nothing. There are numerous clubs that bear a W. Houston rocker and we all hang out and communicate openly. Without permission; there was one group that tried to circumvent the COC&I by wearing a patch that hadn't been approved with a territory they hadn't been approved in. At the COC&I meeting, they were called out, in public by a few clubs that had seen them riding around. That group was denied the privilege of wearing their patches and had them confiscated by COC&I officers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clayp View Post
Maybe I'm thick but I just don't see how this day in age there is any reason to join such an organization. Life is already too complicated without having to subject yourself to a more rules and regs
Then, this thread isn't for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by obed View Post
Ok, I guess what i am about to say may offend some folks, and that is not my intention. I honestly do not care if anyone belongs to a MC club or not.
I must admit that when I see someone with a club patch on, I tend to snicker to myself a bit...
I actually see the whole club thing and who can do what, where, to be a bit unamerican.
I mean, someone else telling you if your patch has to be one piece, two piece, three piece...
what colors it can contain, and where you can wear it... REALLY?
I can not understand any veteran being part of this foolishness...
I did not spend 10 years in the service and do three tours in vietnam so some asshat can tell me what colors I can wear and where I can wear them.
In a way, we both signed our lives to the dotted line so that people could live how they want. My friends have died in combat so that the Westboro asshats have the freedom to say " Hates ." Your disagreement with someone's lifestyle doesn't negate the fact that you fought to protect it as much as you fought to protect Jim Pruett's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjeff View Post
I find this thread wildly interesting.
"Interesting" is right. I hadn't realised how many people hated something that doesn't even affect them so much that they take minutes out of their day to say so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon Samurai View Post
Well thats because you dont get it. The reason "Veterans" have these rules are simple. They are "Uniforms". Would you wear a vietcong uniform into battle with your US Uniformed buddies? Get it?

So lets say you start a club called "Dubious Riders", have the same colors and logo as the above mentioned "Devious RIders". You and your boys decide to be douches and go up a starbucks. Guess what, cops get called and the "Devious Riders" start getting their bikes hauled off because of the "Dubious Riders.

Regulating colors is nothing to do with power tripping, its to do with safety and self regulating the MC community. In saying that, the Bandidos logo/patch is copy righted...and the Red and Gold...that comes from the USMC.
Perfectly explained, thank you!

Quote:
What a club does in the way of regulating its members is for them to deal with...when they start trying to regulate folks who have not willingly chosen to submit to them... it is a violation of the rights of others...it IS strong arm, it is SUBJUGATION, it goes against rights and personal liberties of others...
Veterans put time in the service to be sure that kind of thing does not happen..so I do not understand then turning around and submitting to it.
Have you paid attention to congress lately?
Old 12-23-2013, 11:08 AM   #44
ArmyApe
In reality, Goliath wins

Bike(s):
2012 Kawasaki ZX10R

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tojo92 View Post
Questions:

The Bandidos are a self proclaimed 1% MC, correct?

You allow them to be in a position of power (influence) over your MC since they are on the COC in a leadership role, correct?

Would you allow a known (OK, alleged) criminal element association to influence decisions for your family, friends, and business?

I seriously don't get this aspect and am curious as to your thought process in allowing others to influence your decision making (freedom) regarding your MC.
Yes, they are. No, we are not. By allowing the dominant MC to hold an acquiesced position of power, conflict is avoided amongst the smaller clubs that have no part in the 1%er lifestyle.

In South Africa, there is no dominant MC and those guys fight over the dumbest things constantly. It's not even only the MCs that are involved. They have some clubs that don't even like to see bikes in their territories, let alone a different patch. Texas has a structure and it works by making my life easier.
Old 12-23-2013, 11:13 AM   #45
Tojo92
AKA Mongo

Bike(s):
1994 Ducati 900 SS/SP
2002 Husqvarna NOX
2001 KTM Duke II

I am being civil, and there are questions in my next post.

Edit: Thanks for your answer. So, if the KKK (an association you inferred to a like organization when referencing a writer) or the Yakuza were in charge, but it made your life easier, you would conform to their wishes?

It's an outlandish stretch (given), but trying to get an answer from you so I understand.
The Problem - Endurance

Last edited by Tojo92; 12-23-2013 at 11:16 AM.
Old 12-23-2013, 11:15 AM   #46
Grimace

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 6 years

Some get into or like the idea of clubs and some don't. Just one time I'd like to see someone be able to post up information about joining up with an MC, without everyone who isn't interested taking the time to share with everyone just how disinterested they really are.
Liked this post:
Old 12-23-2013, 11:19 AM   #47
Tojo92
AKA Mongo

Bike(s):
1994 Ducati 900 SS/SP
2002 Husqvarna NOX
2001 KTM Duke II

NVM.

You all go ahead with the discussion.

It's clear I just don't get it.

Best wishes to all.

Unsubscribing.
The Problem - Endurance
Old 12-23-2013, 11:35 AM   #48
Mark.Guerra

Bike(s):
05 GSXR 1000

Quote:
Ok, I guess what i am about to say may offend some folks, and that is not my intention. I honestly do not care if anyone belongs to a MC club or not.
I must admit that when I see someone with a club patch on, I tend to snicker to myself a bit...
I actually see the whole club thing and who can do what, where, to be a bit unamerican.
I mean, someone else telling you if your patch has to be one piece, two piece, three piece...
what colors it can contain, and where you can wear it... REALLY?
I can not understand any veteran being part of this foolishness...
I did not spend 10 years in the service and do three tours in vietnam so some asshat can tell me what colors I can wear and where I can wear them.
correct me if I'm wrong, but im pretty sure that motorcycle clubs were, i wouldn't say created by, but made popular by veterans comming home after WW2.
Mark.Guerra is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 12-23-2013, 11:38 AM   #49
Mr.P
Driving Duh-Bus

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
CBR1000RR

Do I understand you to say you do not allow the bandidos to hold a position of power or influence over your mc? Acquiesced means accept something reluctantly but without protest. How can you compromise yourself to this degree that in one post you say the 1%ers are a necessary evil, who have no say, but are necessary to control the natives, are accepted without protest, and then compare the usa riders with south africans. Those fukkers in s.a. are bat crazy in a country where rape is the norm and blood is on the hands of everyone. Time to go look in the mirror and figure out what you stand for. I wont submit. I know where I stand, thank I dont have a void that needs filling.
Old 12-23-2013, 12:19 PM   #50
obed
TMGP Pimp

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
2011 Honda CBR600RR
Harley Road King
Harley Sportster
Yamaha TW200
Suzuki dirt bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark.Guerra View Post
correct me if I'm wrong, but im pretty sure that motorcycle clubs were, i wouldn't say created by, but made popular by veterans comming home after WW2.
yes, the boozefighters being the most often cited as being the original MC club...along the lines of what is now the 1% group.
They were not like the groups of today, nor did they decide who could wear what colors and patches and claim what territory... they were simply troubled vets who did not fit back into society... maybe suffering a bit from what we now call PTSD. They just wanted to ride and party and be left alone.. and they best fit in with others with the same experiences.
They would not have stood for the reduction of personal liberties of others anymore than they wanted theirs messed with.
Nothing wrong with belonging to a club and submitting to their rules if that is what you want to do, the evil starts when the clubs think they have a right to restrict the liberties of others...
the council and saying who can start a club where, and what colors they can use, and what patches they can wear and where they can ride wearing those colors and patches is an evil, it is violating the rights and liberties and property ownership of others.
Old 12-23-2013, 12:23 PM   #51
Adam
Adam

Bike(s):
2008 Yamaha R1

Army Ape

Hello none of you know me I started on moto Houston because I'm a member of the military stationed elsewhere and am looking for rides and events when I go home on leave. I have leave this month and look forward to meeting y'all. That being said I mean no disrespect by this or to degrade anyone. You are in no way better or worse than anyone by being or not being in a club. Army Ape remember when you graduated boot camp and you got a little speech well so did I and oddly enough it relates to this MC issue. When I graduated my DI made it very clear and explained it perfectly when he said "you are apart of something few understand you could spend your entire life explaining why you do what you do but nobody will ever understand. Now look to your left and now your right those are your brothers they are the ones that will be there for you when no one else will. To them you don't need to explain because they too already know" unfortunately you posted this on the internet which means you are in a realm of people that suddenly became billy big and have no problem talking about the MC "lifestyle" I use lifestyle loosely due to the fact that there's only what they see on TV to create the image of us. I am 21 years old I joined the military at 18 when I'm not working I attend the state college earning my degree so that I can one day teach history to high schoolers I volunteer at the local children's home where abused and neglected children stay until they are either adopted or "age out" I spent my Thanksgiving at the homeless shelter when I go to my favorite bar I relax and have a good time with my brothers we don't start fights or throw bar stools like you'd think we do thanks to TV we enjoy ourselves and on occasion back up the bouncers when it gets too hectic. You wouldn't know this by looking at me or based on my life style but I'm a member of an MC as well out of respect for my club I'm not going to post it on the internet for Johnny danger to attempt to talk about what he doesn't understand and probably never will but understand this unless you are a part of an MC don't talk about them because we don't talk about you not being in one.
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 12-23-2013, 12:29 PM   #52
obed
TMGP Pimp

Bike(s):
2011 Honda CBR600RR
Harley Road King
Harley Sportster
Yamaha TW200
Suzuki dirt bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
Hello none of you know me I started on moto Houston because I'm a member of the military stationed elsewhere and am looking for rides and events when I go home on leave. I have leave this month and look forward to meeting y'all. That being said I mean no disrespect by this or to degrade anyone. You are in no way better or worse than anyone by being or not being in a club. Army Ape remember when you graduated boot camp and you got a little speech well so did I and oddly enough it relates to this MC issue. When I graduated my DI made it very clear and explained it perfectly when he said "you are apart of something few understand you could spend your entire life explaining why you do what you do but nobody will ever understand. Now look to your left and now your right those are your brothers they are the ones that will be there for you when no one else will. To them you don't need to explain because they too already know" unfortunately you posted this on the internet which means you are in a realm of people that suddenly became billy big and have no problem talking about the MC "lifestyle" I use lifestyle loosely due to the fact that there's only what they see on TV to create the image of us. I am 21 years old I joined the military at 18 when I'm not working I attend the state college earning my degree so that I can one day teach history to high schoolers I volunteer at the local children's home where abused and neglected children stay until they are either adopted or "age out" I spent my Thanksgiving at the homeless shelter when I go to my favorite bar I relax and have a good time with my brothers we don't start fights or throw bar stools like you'd think we do thanks to TV we enjoy ourselves and on occasion back up the bouncers when it gets too hectic. You wouldn't know this by looking at me or based on my life style but I'm a member of an MC as well out of respect for my club I'm not going to post it on the internet for Johnny danger to attempt to talk about what he doesn't understand and probably never will but understand this unless you are a part of an MC don't talk about them because we don't talk about you not being in one.
I am right proud of you. I am glad that as an active duty member of our armed forces that you equate your military service with your MC membership.
I am glad that you proudly wear the little patch that says you support the local 1 % group.
Old 12-23-2013, 12:42 PM   #53
Deano3090
Dino Racing

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
2012 YZF-R1 - (Race)
2009 GSXR 750 - (Race)
2007 GSXR 750 - (Race)
2003 CRF450 Motard (Race)
2005 CRF100 Motard (Race)

I'm a former MC member & I never understood all the MC bashing on here.

Ride and let ride.

If it's not for you, keep your mouth shut.
www.SCRaceCenter.com - www.P-1Race.com - www.DNPAmericas.com - www.GoPro.com
www.amsoil.com - www.racerglovesusa.com - www.VPRacingFuels.com - www.SidiSport.com
Deano3090 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 12-23-2013, 01:00 PM   #54
obed
TMGP Pimp

Bike(s):
2011 Honda CBR600RR
Harley Road King
Harley Sportster
Yamaha TW200
Suzuki dirt bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deano3090 View Post
I'm a former MC member & I never understood all the MC bashing on here.

Ride and let ride.

on the internet, Really?
When are you and the kids gonna be back out for some TMGP?

Oh, and i was a member of a local MC back in the mid 60's...
a high school club, our patch was snoopy sitting on a dog house...
when i was in vietnam a local 1% group stopped the high school kids a few blocks from the school and took their colors...made me right proud to be an american.
Old 12-23-2013, 01:09 PM   #55
Yillbs

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2007 Ninja 650R ( SOLD )
2012 FZ6R
2016 R6

Member Garage

well shoot, im going to start one in brenham, and just lay down the law on any whores who try to wear patches our here. sounds like fun, shooting people and stealing there things for .. how dare they... ride in my city .
Old 12-23-2013, 01:27 PM   #56
Mr.P
Driving Duh-Bus

Bike(s):
CBR1000RR

Quote:
the council and saying who can start a club where, and what colors they can use, and what patches they can wear and where they can ride wearing those colors and patches is an evil, it is violating the rights and liberties and property ownership of others.
Exactly.
Old 12-23-2013, 01:37 PM   #57
Mr.P
Driving Duh-Bus

Bike(s):
CBR1000RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deano3090 View Post
I'm glad to hear you are no longer involved with an MC. I always wondered why you would join up.

We'd all be so much better off keeping our mouths shut when we didn't agree. What does the first amendment protect? I'm not trying to be some internet tough guy talking down to MC's. I'm asking those considering becoming a member to think through what they are getting involved with. Each time another guy joins an MC, the freedom of others is compromised. That's my only gripe. I also dislike big government, censorship, bullies, and most religions. Mainly cause they want to tell me what I can and can't do.

So no Deano, I'm not gonna shut my mouth, LOL, until some tough guy says I have too or else and then my point will be proven.
Old 12-23-2013, 01:41 PM   #58
TMAX
Forever MODERATE

Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
TMAX (Retired in California)
Xciting 500
XT 225
Duke 2
C14 & FZ6

What MC will allow scooters?
Old 12-23-2013, 01:41 PM   #59
Mr.P
Driving Duh-Bus

Bike(s):
CBR1000RR

But, I'm going to do the right thing (for me) and unsubscribe from this thread. My point has been made. I'll leave it to the ones who understand to recruit new minions upon who's shoulders to build their power base atop of.
Old 12-23-2013, 01:53 PM   #60
Yillbs

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2007 Ninja 650R ( SOLD )
2012 FZ6R
2016 R6

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.P View Post
But, I'm going to do the right thing (for me) and unsubscribe from this thread. My point has been made. I'll leave it to the ones who understand to recruit new minions upon who's shoulders to build their power base atop of.
I'll be your minion.

Advertisement