Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 12-30-2014, 02:14 PM   #221
1FC
380 Racing & Paint

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
GSXR
GSXR
GSXR
GSXR

There are benefits to being a recognized club, we had a fundraiser for a members wife who was sick for some time and after hearing about it at the COC meeting many other clubs came to the fundraiser, Like a community to help one of there own.

The COC helps with voicing opinions of the motorcycle community with or against state laws and has been to the Capital many times over the years with its liaison and MC club members to show support.
Bet if you ride around town with your buddies thinking you are a Club you had no idea any of that was even going on.

slideshow 1002048542 jwj Biker Day 0127

From a few years ago when I was involved.

http://www.bikernettrikes.com/pages/..._day_2011.aspx
1FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Motorcycle Mc gsxrcody General Discussion (Moto Related) 53 03-05-2011 09:14 AM
Another motorcycle fatality in MC SylverGirl General Discussion (Moto Related) 92 01-02-2011 04:20 PM
Advertisement
Old 12-31-2014, 01:19 PM   #222
Doug
Hangover

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
FLTRX

Honestly you can ask a question on here and get a myriad of answers which may or may not be true. If you are really interested in the MC life the only way you can make up your mind about it is to get your feet wet. Go to a CoC meeting (CoC calander can be found here: http://txcocinews.org/calendar.html) (Houston is region 3) and talk to people. You will meet people from non-committal riding clubs to the Bandidos and everything in between.
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 01-01-2015, 12:56 PM   #223
TheFantasticG

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
'13 Ninja 650 ABS (SOLD)
'14 ZX10R ABS

Member Garage

Motorcycle Club (MC) Q&A

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40acres View Post
That type of thing is reserved for team sports and *the military* imo.

I've read over the entire thread and I get the sense from the proponents that MC's are for people who love being governed. People that need to have structure in their life they can not self impose. People that have a need to be apart of something they feel is bigger than they are, a purpose in their life if you will.

As long as they don't start imposing their needs on me then I don't care. I'm happy with what I'm doing. Riding solo or riding with a few friends is enough for me.
TheFantasticG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 02:26 PM   #224
Zapata
a.k.a Dos Equis

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
'13 Victory Cross Country
'13 Victory Judge

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFantasticG View Post
I've read over the entire thread and I get the sense from the proponents that MC's are for people who love being governed. People that need to have structure in their life they can not self impose. People that have a need to be apart of something they feel is bigger than they are, a purpose in their life if you will.

As long as they don't start imposing their needs on me then I don't care. I'm happy with what I'm doing. Riding solo or riding with a few friends is enough for me.
Yes, Is called the Military Service, the original big MC's were founded by ex-military guys. Is not the sense of being governed, is the sense of brotherhood and camaraderie that you only get in the Military. If you have never served you will not understand it.
Zapata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 07:13 PM   #225
TheFantasticG

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
'13 Ninja 650 ABS (SOLD)
'14 ZX10R ABS

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapata View Post
If you have never served you will not understand it.
I haven't served. I don't pretend to have experienced the feeling of belonging that the military gives... but it's not hard to fathom.
TheFantasticG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 08:14 PM   #226
Hman

Bike(s):
CBR900RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFantasticG View Post

The military is an all volunteer force. You don't have to join just as you don't have to join a motorcycle club. The military isn't for everyone and motorcycle clubs are not for every rider or motorcycle enthusiast. There are many things I liked about being in the Army as well as several things I did not like. Overall the good outweighed the bad. The brotherhood and camaraderie of the military is appealing to many and if that can be duplicated in a motorcycle club then I can certainly see the appeal.
Hman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 07:16 AM   #227
Hail
Middle Aged Crazy Member

Feedback Rating: (7)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2013 Triumph Speed Triple R
2012 DR-Z 400S

Motorcycle Club (MC) Q&A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hman View Post
The military is an all volunteer force. You don't have to join just as you don't have to join a motorcycle club. The military isn't for everyone and motorcycle clubs are not for every rider or motorcycle enthusiast. There are many things I liked about being in the Army as well as several things I did not like. Overall the good outweighed the bad. The brotherhood and camaraderie of the military is appealing to many and if that can be duplicated in a motorcycle club then I can certainly see the appeal.

Not a great analogy. M/Cs don't provide a paycheck, healthcare benefits or help pay for college for their members. The military also provides the vehicle required to perform your duties.

M/Cs are only similar to the military in that it is a voluntary decision to try to join. You could have just as easily made a comparison between M/Cs and organized religion or a political party.

I personally prefer. To not join any of the above. Yet still won't fault someone for doings so. ....as long as they are good people and not walking contradictions.
Hail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 09:07 AM   #228
LCLF Brain
Mamaaaa! Yeah, mama!

Bike(s):
2014 stage 4 Street Glide
2011 Heritage Softail (sold)

A more appropriate analogy would people who join the Masonic Lodge. To belong to an organization of common interest, share interaction and the benefits of being in a group.

Why are you on Motohouston, if you're such a loner? Because you enjoy common interest of motorcycle riding, right? Are there not rules here? Are you not governed here?

Human beings are social animals.

The benefit of being in a motorcycle club is that friendship and brotherhood is forged through common interest. There ARE benefits to being part of a collective. A year ago, one of our members went down, and lost his leg. We gathered together, threw a benefit and raised over $150,000 for him. It takes a group to do that. And sure, you might be able to pull that off with your regular circle of friends, to gather a group together and raise that much money.

Or you might be stuck with your Obamacare taking care of everything for you, wondering where all your friends ran off to.

I'm in a motorcycle club, and these are my friends, my brothers, we do ALL kinds of stuff together, and it has been very rewarding.

7ef578b4e668724485ba633629c5f960
LCLF Brain is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 01-02-2015, 09:46 AM   #229
Hail
Middle Aged Crazy Member

Feedback Rating: (7)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2013 Triumph Speed Triple R
2012 DR-Z 400S

That is great. Very happy for you.
Hail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 06:47 PM   #230
silverslug00

Member Garage

Ive had general interest in MC's for years. Served 5 years in the Marines and now im out working and going to college for engineering. I do believe that camaraderie is something I miss from the military. Honestly I dont always like rules and structure but anyone can see that it has its purpose in the way of the world. I have read every post here since ArmyApe started this thread. I guess for me my only question was what MC's had sportbike riders. I've seen a few in posts but all their sites are old and not very well maintained/ updated. I wont rush to join any club just because I like to hang out but thats my point of view ive done research before and as many have said pretty much all clubs have a "feel out" period where you hang out and meet people. I might go to meet ups and decide MH is all I need or I might find a Club I wanna be a part of. I am curious about what made ArmyApe change his mind but to each their own we all have private lives. Anywho just wanted to say my point of view. My only Question now is anymore clubs worth mentioning? Beyond that hope I see you guys around and eventually find some guys to ride with. For me riding is fun. But group rides were very enjoyable for me. Still one of the happiest memories I had in the military. Also any Katy/Cypress area riders who wanna ride together im down.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	10590418_10153209025939498_7863600115608154652_n.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	99.0 KB
ID:	84004  
silverslug00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 07:02 PM   #231
TMAX
Forever MODERATE

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
TMAX (Retired in California)
Xciting 500
XT 225
Duke 2
C14 & FZ6

Motomilitia
Old 02-16-2015, 07:05 PM   #232
40acres

Bike(s):
2008 zx-6r
2011 kx250f
2006 zx-6r (R.I.P.)
2004 RM 125 (sold)

Jesus H. Christ, not this thread again...
40acres is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 02-16-2015, 10:29 PM   #233
Zapata
a.k.a Dos Equis

Bike(s):
'13 Victory Judge

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMAX View Post
Motomilitia
TMAX!! MotoMilitia stop existing in August last year. There's another MotoMilitia MC down in the area of McAllen that is R&G support. The MotoMilitia you got to knew is long gone.
Old 02-16-2015, 10:35 PM   #234
Zapata
a.k.a Dos Equis

Bike(s):
'13 Victory Judge

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverslug00 View Post
Ive had general interest in MC's for years. Served 5 years in the Marines and now im out working and going to college for engineering. I do believe that camaraderie is something I miss from the military. Honestly I dont always like rules and structure but anyone can see that it has its purpose in the way of the world. I have read every post here since ArmyApe started this thread. I guess for me my only question was what MC's had sportbike riders. I've seen a few in posts but all their sites are old and not very well maintained/ updated. I wont rush to join any club just because I like to hang out but thats my point of view ive done research before and as many have said pretty much all clubs have a "feel out" period where you hang out and meet people. I might go to meet ups and decide MH is all I need or I might find a Club I wanna be a part of. I am curious about what made ArmyApe change his mind but to each their own we all have private lives. Anywho just wanted to say my point of view. My only Question now is anymore clubs worth mentioning? Beyond that hope I see you guys around and eventually find some guys to ride with. For me riding is fun. But group rides were very enjoyable for me. Still one of the happiest memories I had in the military. Also any Katy/Cypress area riders who wanna ride together im down.
Have you check the Combat Vets Association?

https://www.combatvet.org/index.asp
Old 02-16-2015, 10:38 PM   #235
silverslug00

Member Garage

Quote:
Have you check the Combat Vets Association?

https://www.combatvet.org/index.asp
No I haven't honestly. I served but never saw combat. I'm way too lazy to lie or false claim. I hate when civilians who never serve do that so I would never claim combat.
silverslug00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 11:03 PM   #236
Neon Samurai
3090 MotoGP Champion

Bike(s):
2010 Ducati Streetfighter (sold)
2012 Triumph Speed Triple R
2008 Triumph Sprint ST (Sold)
2014 BMW s1000R
2012 Aprilia Tuono (sold)

Quote:
TMAX!! MotoMilitia stop existing in August last year. There's another MotoMilitia MC down in the area of McAllen that is R&G support. The MotoMilitia you got to knew is long gone.
what happened to Moto Militia?
Old 02-17-2015, 12:59 AM   #237
Zapata
a.k.a Dos Equis

Bike(s):
'13 Victory Judge

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon Samurai View Post
what happened to Moto Militia?
It got dissolved by the President & Founder. Lack of unity in some critical decisions and the way the MC was going. Several members join other MC's and others like me went independent. I am now with the Coalition of Independent Riders/US Defenders.

http://usdefender.net/coir.html

Advertisement