MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 12-29-2014, 06:32 AM   #181
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hman View Post
Thanks for all the info. Sometimes it gets old riding by yourself. Looking for some good routes to ride that don't have all that insane Houston traffic.
Almost any ride posted for the weekend involves riding outside of Houston
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Motorcycle Mc gsxrcody General Discussion (Moto Related) 53 03-05-2011 09:14 AM
Another motorcycle fatality in MC SylverGirl General Discussion (Moto Related) 92 01-02-2011 04:20 PM
Advertisement
Old 12-29-2014, 06:42 AM   #182
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray

Member Garage

Old 12-29-2014, 08:52 AM   #183
Tojo92
AKA Mongo

Feedback Rating: (7)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
1994 Ducati 900 SS/SP
2003 Honda CRF450R motard
2002 Husqvarna NOX
2001 KTM Duke II

Holycost - thanks for a well thought out, clear answer. It's about perspective, based on your response, in my opinion.

Still not for me, but if others like that type of situation, it's cool by me.

Have a good one.
CMRA#665 (neighbor of the beast)
The Problem - Endurance
Tojo92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 09:43 AM   #184
the_laydown
Bored

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2012 Husky SMR511

Member Garage

So what could be the reprocussions (SP) if I wore a vest with patches only because I liked the way it looked or the style and was in someones territory? (serious question)
the_laydown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 10:50 AM   #185
holycost

Bike(s):
2006 Harley Davidson VRSCD Nightrod
2002 Kawasaki ZR7

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_laydown View Post
So what could be the reprocussions (SP) if I wore a vest with patches only because I liked the way it looked or the style and was in someones territory? (serious question)
Well as long as you weren't wearing a three piece patch with that club's color and name in their territory it would be fine. Some people take it seriously and might try to stop you to tell you to take that off you or take it off of you themselves. Others might report it to the coc and let the higher UPS deal with it. If its just random design, or random patches, then most clubs will know you just like the patches. If you try to start your own mc three piece, you might get away with it for awhile until someone catches on.

Tojo thanks for understanding and not just trying to spew silly remarks. It is all about perspective. Just like you guys have Moto Houston I found a club is more my scene. I went on a motk Houston ride one time, and its not that no one was nice because some ok ne did help me with a flat I had, but I just didn't feel like the people were who I would hang out with. Like I said nothing against anyone personal preference. I didn't just join a random club though. I felt out a few and went with the club that I got along with the best which is what you should do. If you hate the people in it, why would you want to go through the process to be able to call them brother.

Clubs are just more structured and I guess I like that hard to explain unless you check it out for yourself.
holycost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 11:32 AM   #186
the_laydown
Bored

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
2012 Husky SMR511

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by holycost View Post
Well as long as you weren't wearing a three piece patch with that club's color and name in their territory it would be fine. Some people take it seriously and might try to stop you to tell you to take that off you or take it off of you themselves. Others might report it to the coc and let the higher UPS deal with it. If its just random design, or random patches, then most clubs will know you just like the patches. If you try to start your own mc three piece, you might get away with it for awhile until someone catches on.
Not trying to talk stuff, but I dont understand how they could attempt to impose their rules on someone who doesnt participate, or just isnt aware that they exist.. then again I doubt you would accidentally create a set of badges resembling an official club.
the_laydown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 11:40 AM   #187
1FC
380 Racing & Paint

Bike(s):
GSXR
GSXR
GSXR
GSXR

We were in the Regulators for a while, NEVER thought Id be in an MC. But my riding buddies at the time went through all the steps to become a real MC and I kinda just went with it, it was great and had some really good times. After we ( myself and boys ) start racing there was never enough time for both so I got out and shortly after a lot changed with our MC. there's diffident strokes for different folks and I see the brother hood and coolness of being a real MC , you dont just sign up a get a jacket there is structure and rules which earns respect among clubs.
1FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 12-29-2014, 12:56 PM   #188
holycost

Bike(s):
2002 Kawasaki ZR7

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_laydown View Post
Not trying to talk stuff, but I dont understand how they could attempt to impose their rules on someone who doesnt participate, or just isnt aware that they exist.. then again I doubt you would accidentally create a set of badges resembling an official club.
It's a way to have some type of standard or set rules. It would eventually get out that there was an unofficial club that started and I'm sure that someone would try to just talk to them to inform them. Most clubs know all the clubs in the area they are in so they would know if one wasn't officialy sanctioned. Like I said its a way to have a standard set of rules ALL clubs abide by not just some, or else any idiot who thought they were a bad would see patches on and act like a complete moron.
Old 12-29-2014, 01:02 PM   #189
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

And there's something wrong w that?

Lots of morons on bikes w and w/o patches

Andwho anointed the COC to be that deciding body?
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!

Last edited by RACER X; 12-29-2014 at 01:05 PM.
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 02:46 PM   #190
1FC
380 Racing & Paint

Bike(s):
GSXR
GSXR
GSXR
GSXR

Banditos, lol
1FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 06:18 PM   #191
holycost

Bike(s):
2002 Kawasaki ZR7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
And there's something wrong w that?

Lots of morons on bikes w and w/o patches

Andwho anointed the COC to be that deciding body?
All the clubs who want a certain standard upheld is who anointed them. And its fine if you want to ride like an idiot just don't join a club then. If you want to ride a motorcycle its fine but no one is forcing you to join a club. People on mh want to hold themselves to a higher standard and so do people in clubs and we get idiots on both sides. If you don't think a club is for you its fine, but no need to slam them almighty racerx.
Old 12-29-2014, 07:33 PM   #192
Mr.P
Driving Duh-Bus

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
CBR1000RR

I got all the answers I needed from this thread. I appreciate the insight and honest answers. I can say I will never join an MC. Just can't stomach the idea of subjegating myself to organized gangs. Hopefully good people already involved will find a way to clean up mc's to a point where my mind is changed. Everyone needs love, support, comeraderie, brotherhood. Some just more than others.
Old 12-29-2014, 07:38 PM   #193
ArmyApe
In reality, Goliath wins

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
2012 Kawasaki ZX10R
2011 Kawasaki ZX6R (sold)

Member Garage

Send a message via Skype™ to ArmyApe
For what it's worth, I'll still answers questions directly related to my experience with MCs, but I'm no longer involved with any of it and haven't been for a while now... yeah, irony. Go figure.
Old 12-29-2014, 11:30 PM   #194
Hman

Bike(s):
CBR900RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyApe View Post
For what it's worth, I'll still answers questions directly related to my experience with MCs, but I'm no longer involved with any of it and haven't been for a while now... yeah, irony. Go figure.
Are the Devious Riders W. Houston still around?
Hman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 05:34 AM   #195
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Bike(s):
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

Quote:
All the clubs who want a certain standard upheld is who anointed them. And its fine if you want to ride like an idiot just don't join a club then. If you want to ride a motorcycle its fine but no one is forcing you to join a club. People on mh want to hold themselves to a higher standard and so do people in clubs and we get idiots on both sides. If you don't think a club is for you its fine, but no need to slam them almighty racerx.
so what gives them the right to influence how others look?
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Old 12-30-2014, 07:12 AM   #196
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray

Member Garage

Quote:
It's a way to have some type of standard or set rules. It would eventually get out that there was an unofficial club that started and I'm sure that someone would try to just talk to them to inform them. Most clubs know all the clubs in the area they are in so they would know if one wasn't officialy sanctioned. Like I said its a way to have a standard set of rules ALL clubs abide by not just some, or else any idiot who thought they were a bad would see patches on and act like a complete moron.
So what are the benefits of being "officially" sanctioned?
Old 12-30-2014, 07:28 AM   #197
houmax

Bike(s):
ZX14
RSV R
K1200GT
VMAX

MSTA.

http://www.txmsta.com/home.html
houmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 07:54 AM   #198
holycost

Bike(s):
2002 Kawasaki ZR7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyApe View Post
Hey Chris good to see you!

Well racerx its not so much they are trying to influence others on how they look but its how members of clubs look. Without any kind of organization you would have possible multiple clubs with the same colors, multiple clubs with the same patch design, certain clubs showing up and acting like . It's a way to set standards among clubs. If you're an independent it doesn't apply to you. Act how you want, do what you want. Like I said being in a club is optional but there are rules to follow. Whenever you get your drivers license you have to obey laws if you want to drive. When you sign up for sports you have to dress a certain way and abide by rules. You don't have to do any of these things but if you want to there are rules that come with it. If you don't like the idea of structure and rules, simply don't join. No one is making you good sir.

And almost all motor cycle clubs are not gangs. You do have your 1%ers but everyone else wants to hang with a structured group, wear three piece patches, rude together, call each other brother and just hang. If you found that with mh then more power to you.
Old 12-30-2014, 08:01 AM   #199
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Bike(s):
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

A drivers license is state mandated because you're driving around the public w few thousand pounds

A club mandate "should" be volunteer cuz its a vest.
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Old 12-30-2014, 09:44 AM   #200
holycost

Bike(s):
2002 Kawasaki ZR7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
A drivers license is state mandated because you're driving around the public w few thousand pounds

A club mandate "should" be volunteer cuz its a vest.
It's state mandated because you are going to use public roads. You don't have to have a license to operate on your own private property, that's why you have farm trucks too. You don't have to have a license to get around, you can use public transportation like buses, or taxis but if you decide you want to operate a vehicle on public roads then you are subject to the laws and responsibilities that come with it. If you don't want that kind of restriction, then don't get a license. It still is technically optional.

A vest with patches on it is just a vest is true, but when you put motorcycle club on it, it becomes more. It isn't just about the individual anymore but of the group. That's why there are standards so everyone in the club is uniform and some aren't wearing random colors and such still trying to be one club. You wouldn't want someone who just joined out the president or other members if he's been in it for a week or every time there comes a new rule or something to be dealt with the whole club argues or individuals say a new rule is in effect because they say so. That's why there is a president and a chain of command.

Advertisement