MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track > Mini's, Motards & Flattrack Racing
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 12-16-2013, 10:10 AM   #1
paulie12

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2003 SV650S
2006 CRF 100

So I bought my first minitard

Bought the CRF 100 off of craigslist. Been putzing around my neighborhood with one of the biggest grins on my face.

The thing wouldn't start after a few minutes after I stalled it out but we later realized it was the CDI going bad.

So now I'm in the hunt for a new revbox. Does it make that much of a difference? The last guy put an aftermarket exhaust and took the airbox out.

I don't know jack about dirtbikes so if anyone is willing to teach me the ropes when I see you guys at the track, it will be greatly appreciated! Still getting used to keeping the rev's up to prevent my bike from stalling.

The previous owner mentioned it is currently jetted for the summer so I guess I'll eventually need to take care of that. Is it hard to change the jets?

Also, how do you guys coordinate practice at the Katy track? You guys send out mass texts or just via the board?

Can't wait to go ride the outta this thing!
paulie12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
just bought this what you think the_laydown Stunters Lounge 20 02-12-2010 05:57 PM
just bought bunxx Off Topic 45 03-28-2009 05:15 PM
Should Have Bought A..... DvlRacer Off Topic 91 12-18-2008 09:36 PM
I just bought mikes-si General Discussion (Moto Related) 3 11-17-2008 03:55 PM
look what i just bought Mad Max General Discussion (Moto Related) 20 03-24-2006 07:43 AM
Advertisement
Old 12-16-2013, 01:32 PM   #2
obed
TMGP Pimp

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2011 Honda CBR600RR
Harley Road King
Harley Sportster
Yamaha TW200
Suzuki dirt bike

we generally post up here when we are considering running out to the katy track for a practice round...then who ever thinks they can make it that day lets the others know...
congrats on the bike, they are loads of fun...
jets are not hard to change and it sounds like you may need someone to look at that... once the bike is warmed up you should not need to keep it rev'd up to stay running...I expect in another week or so, folks will start posting up to get out and practice before the season starts up...I believe Steve posted up a few days ago about maybe getting some folks together over the christmas hollidays and get a few laps in...
The little black box is probably an afermarket... most guys run the aftermarket..I will check, I may have one or two in the shed...
I don't know if there is really much of a difference in them and the stock one as I have never run a stock one...
Old 12-16-2013, 02:38 PM   #3
TomballD

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
DR350
XR50
TDub-200
XR100-Tarded
1981 XR80

What makes you think the CDI is going out , generally they are either good or bad. If they are bad the bike won't run. Have you gone through the carb? I love mine it's a great compromise between mini and big bike.
TomballD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 02:49 PM   #4
obed
TMGP Pimp

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
2011 Honda CBR600RR
Harley Road King
Harley Sportster
Yamaha TW200
Suzuki dirt bike

Danny, that is what i had in mind when i said he might need some help with the carb, I was not thinking the cdi was the problem.. changing one never seemed to make any difference in how they ran, either they ran or they did not...sounds like one of his jets may be clogged up a bit..a good cleaning and jets to fit his exhaust and opened up intake should clear it all up.
Old 12-16-2013, 02:51 PM   #5
paulie12

Bike(s):
2003 SV650S
2006 CRF 100

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomballD View Post
What makes you think the CDI is going out , generally they are either good or bad. If they are bad the bike won't run. Have you gone through the carb? I love mine it's a great compromise between mini and big bike.
Ohh.. Two separate issues. The bike wouldn't start after I stalled so after replacing the CDI back to the stock, it fired right back up.

Now for the stalling on the lag, I'm assuming I just need to change out the jets. The previous owner said he set it up to run lean for summer temps.
paulie12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 08:09 PM   #6
CBR500R_Mike

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2013 Honda CBR500R
2003 Yamaha YZ450F
2008 Honda CRF450R

Member Garage

Minitard

Are these considered Minitards? I know I can't sell them...but I have two...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	23.7 KB
ID:	74798  

I'm Rex, founder of the Rex Kwon Do self-defense system! After one week with me in my dojo, you'll be prepared to defend yourself with the strength of a grizzly, the reflexes of a puma, and the wisdom of a man. So come down today for your free-trial lesson!
CBR500R_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 12:08 PM   #7
Mr.337
skinny kid racing ftw

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
07 gsxr 600 race bike
03 KX 6five (TMGP bike)
07 R6 street (sold)
09 r6 race bike (sold)

^thats wrong :(

Welcome to the mini world would be awesome to see a new face in tmgp this yr too!
CMRA #979
TMGP #979 F5 2013 F5N & Backwards N class champ
I flash Yamaha ECU's
Mr.337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 11:05 AM   #8
Zip

Bike(s):
2009 GSXR 600 Race
07 600RR (SOLD)
06 R6 track (SOLD)

dude....

EDIT: Just saw this was like half a year old. Now I feel stupid...
Zip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 08:44 AM   #9
Bagwell

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
Various Equipment for various uses.
Dirt, Street, Track, Dual Sport, I like em all.

Don't feel bad just come race with us

#104 I Just Wanna Ride TMGP Endurance Team
Bagwell is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement