MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2013, 01:20 PM   #21
Coolhandsluke

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
04 Gsxr 600
01 XR50 mini tard
01 XR650R SM
01 KDX 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewave18 View Post
You gave a perfect example of why none of my bills are auto pay
Yep can certainly bite you in the but all my still on autopay.

Broke as right now till the electric company refunds my $$$ .

At-least my bank understands what happened and isn't going to rape me in fees from the other end if my account hits the red before I get the money back.
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A place to crash Friday night and Saturday night for MotoGP? Solracer Off Topic 1 04-03-2015 10:54 PM
Thur Night Football last night....poor punt returner! dbuck Sports 7 09-15-2012 04:02 PM
OTR Friday Night May 15 (AKA Cigar Night) JustNick Events, Meets and Rides 34 05-16-2009 01:23 PM
Friday Night...Movie Night! 11-21-08 jenniesweet Events, Meets and Rides 174 11-22-2008 03:54 PM
Advertisement
Old 12-11-2013, 01:24 PM   #22
Coolhandsluke

Bike(s):
04 Gsxr 600
01 XR50 mini tard
01 XR650R SM
01 KDX 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by 826 View Post
Have you dealt with HPD regarding an accident especially with no contact?

Not knocking all of HPD (you know who you are on here/NO FTP comments HFMIC) but I have been in a similar situation and it was a waste even calling them. They would probably write you a ticket for impeding the flow of traffic. Just be glad you are ok and are able to walk away. riding in that area especially when events are letting out.
Nah only accidents I have been in was being rear ended, twice as a teenager and once was by a cop in his patrol car lmao.

Plus putting my truck into a few ditches while sliding around on gravel/dirt roads as a kid but that's about it haha
Old 12-11-2013, 01:30 PM   #23
bdmpastx
The Cripple

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2009 Nissan GTR - sold
2015 Nissan GTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
If only we could kill bad drivers
Sadly, we would all be dead....all a matter of perspective.
Old 12-11-2013, 01:32 PM   #24
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdmpastx View Post
Sadly, we would all be dead....all a matter of perspective.
I can't be caught
Bevo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 01:38 PM   #25
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Send a message via ICQ to Chubby Racer Send a message via AIM to Chubby Racer Send a message via MSN to Chubby Racer Send a message via Yahoo to Chubby Racer
aware

phaggot

*KD*
A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

CMRA #302
Chubby Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 01:42 PM   #26
Coolhandsluke

Bike(s):
04 Gsxr 600
01 XR50 mini tard
01 XR650R SM
01 KDX 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by po-po 5.0 View Post
aware

phaggot

*KD*
Ill wreck u m8
Old 12-11-2013, 02:05 PM   #27
Flip Flop
Ordained Minister

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
2006 SV650S(sold)(happy now?)
Toes Ducati Multistrada(what now buck?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhandsluke View Post
It's illegal as fck to whip a left from the far right turn only lane across 3 lanes of traffic causing a wreck.

You really don't think they would cite the driver if I showed a video and had gotten lucky and had a legible licence plate?

Any LEOs please respond

I would be so mad and probably turn into one of those police bashers that constantly rants about how useless they are lol.
HPD blows. You'd be lucky if you even get the pig to take the time to watch the video, let alone do anything about it.

My GF's daughter had this crazy ex with a huge felony record and he would not leave her alone. He's has, on multiple occasions forced entry into our home while she was alone and hit her.

He lives 1 block over, has no job and is always at home.

First time: They went by his house right after it happened. He wasn't home so they said they would keep looking for him and come back tomorrow. Over the course of the next week we saw him in front of his home multiple times. they refused to come arrest him.

second time: He attempted to run her off the road with his car. After he saw her with a date drive by his house, he followed her. cops had her call him with the phone recording and have him on recording threatening to kill her. They went by his house and he wasn't home. I saw him outside the next day. Again, they would not come arrest him on the following day or any day after.

third time: he started sending her texts late at night saying he was out front and and was coming in. since we were home this time, I went ahead and grabbed the 12 gauge shotgun and racked it as I opened the front door and invited him inside. He takes off running like a little girl...meanwhile her daughter called the police...when she mentioned I had a gun, they freaked. the cops showed up about 20 times faster than the other two times.
When they got there, they could care less about the multiple felon trying to enter my home and went on to give me a speech about how it was somehow illegal for me to shoot this guy. They were totally rude and treated me like I was the criminal. They went by his house and when he wasn't home, gave us a card and left...I still see this guy outside all the time. this has been ongoing for over three years now.

So, the lesson to be learned here kiddies; is that if you ever murder someone in houston, hide in the bushes all night and the next day you're off scott free...unless you try to shoot someone while they are committing a felony...then you're going to jail.

but yeah after reading that, do you think they are even remotely interesting in hunting someone down over a traffic violation? Just be glad that you are okay and it's only your bike that needs repaired. Don't waste time thinking about how the SUV driver could have been brought to justice because even with camera footage, chances are slim to none.
Flip Flop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 02:08 PM   #28
green600
HG Chairperson

Feedback Rating: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelnutt View Post

My GF's daughter had this crazy ex with a huge felony record and he would not leave her alone. He's has, on multiple occasions forced entry into our home while she was alone and hit her.
yep
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	897d3b134f16cdc500b049ea11a65d32.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	113.3 KB
ID:	74635  

yeah. I thought it'd be like riding with a condescending rossi.
green600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 12-11-2013, 02:16 PM   #29
cuong-nutz
Resident 250 guru

Feedback Rating: (9)

Bike(s):
Ninjer 250

Quote:
Have you dealt with HPD regarding an accident especially with no contact?

Not knocking all of HPD (you know who you are on here/NO FTP comments HFMIC) but I have been in a similar situation and it was a waste even calling them. They would probably write you a ticket for impeding the flow of traffic. Just be glad you are ok and are able to walk away. riding in that area especially when events are letting out.
Yeah, if no contact was involved, there's nothing they can do. If you have witnesses and license plate # than maybe yes.

The 808 16v2 is a decent. The company came out with a better version supposively better than the GoPro3 in terms of night/low light recording.
Old 12-11-2013, 02:25 PM   #30
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

Pics of GF's daughter might help us to understand the story
Old 12-11-2013, 02:26 PM   #31
Flip Flop
Ordained Minister

Bike(s):

Quote:
yep
After the incident with the car I've taken her out to the range a few times. Before that she had absolutely no interest.

Problem is I keep trying to get her to carry it and she doesn't, so it's not going to do her much good unless she is at home when he comes around...

at any rate, after the incident with the shotgun, he has been leaving her alone.

sorry I think I kind of semi thread jacked with that story...I was just trying to illustrate how much the cops actually don't care.
Old 12-11-2013, 02:46 PM   #32
Coolhandsluke

Bike(s):
04 Gsxr 600
01 XR50 mini tard
01 XR650R SM
01 KDX 200

Quote:
After the incident with the car I've taken her out to the range a few times. Before that she had absolutely no interest.

Problem is I keep trying to get her to carry it and she doesn't, so it's not going to do her much good unless she is at home when he comes around...

at any rate, after the incident with the shotgun, he has been leaving her alone.

sorry I think I kind of semi thread jacked with that story...I was just trying to illustrate how much the cops actually don't care.
No problem lol
Old 12-11-2013, 02:57 PM   #33
Chris_5.0
HalfFast

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
1999 zx-9r
2005 gsxr 600
xr50r speed demond

I thought this thread was about going down on a girl.

Old 12-11-2013, 03:08 PM   #34
BYRDMAN
WX MAN

Feedback Rating: (8)

Bike(s):
2015 KTM Adventure 1190
2007 KTM 300 XC smoker
2007 KTM 300 XC smoker

Member Garage

I pass by that intersection everyday but Im on the right side of the lanes. I see ppl almost everyday cut left accross 2 lanes to turn left there...its annoying...they also like to go straight in the far left lane when the 2 left lanes turn....glad your ok

AMERICAN MADE WITH MEXICAN PARTS
BYRDMAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 03:13 PM   #35
bdmpastx
The Cripple

Bike(s):
2009 Nissan GTR - sold
2015 Nissan GTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelnutt
I was just trying to illustrate how much the cops actually don't care.
Very true situation. I had some neighbors stealing trailers and I mean hundreds of them. 2-3 a night, cutting locks off, repainting them in the driveways etc. they even asked me if I wanted to buy some. I called hpd theft and they did nothing. So I called other nearby PDs and Pasadena police did a big sting. They found 100s of trailer plates in the garbage outside and they were able to charge them on every plate found. They had a ton of stuff inside the house from all the thefts. Anyways HPD did but Pasadena rocked it even though it was in Houston city limits because some of the thefts were from Pasadena.
Old 12-11-2013, 03:19 PM   #36
Neon Samurai
3090 MotoGP Champion

Bike(s):
2010 Ducati Streetfighter (sold)
2012 Triumph Speed Triple R
2008 Triumph Sprint ST (Sold)
2014 BMW s1000R
2012 Aprilia Tuono (sold)

Good news. The 250 is cheap as to replace. Just go to Cycle gear and buy a setofnew LEd blinkers. Levers? 13 Bucks each at Wild West Honda.

You might be out $50 for this whole incident.
Old 12-11-2013, 03:38 PM   #37
Coolhandsluke

Bike(s):
04 Gsxr 600
01 XR50 mini tard
01 XR650R SM
01 KDX 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYRDMAN View Post
I pass by that intersection everyday but Im on the right side of the lanes. I see ppl almost everyday cut left accross 2 lanes to turn left there...its annoying...they also like to go straight in the far left lane when the 2 left lanes turn....glad your ok
You can go straight in the far left lane actually; its a left turn or straight lane not LTO, the 2nd from the left is straight only and no left turns allowed. Check my 1st pic for confirmation. The people that try to turn left from that 2nd from the left lane are actually the retards.

Yea that intersection is very sketchy and people do retarded stuff there all the time. I usually ride a few blocks over on Dowling street and ride through 3rd ward to get home.

Would rather risk getting jumped and jacked riding through the ghetto than risk the traffic in that area. Thing is when its dark and later than 7ish @ night I either cut through downtown or ride that feeder cause once the sun goes down the sketchiness of 3rd ward increases 10 fold.

Have had dudes walk out of the shadows while I was sitting at intersections in 3rd ward @ night and try to approach me, not beggers either nomsayin. Could have just wanted to see if I was looking to score some drugs/hookers or something or could have wanted to try to knock me off the bike and take it along with my wallet etc, who knows.. sketchy either way and I don't wait around to find out.

Last edited by Coolhandsluke; 12-11-2013 at 03:41 PM.
Coolhandsluke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 03:49 PM   #38
Flip Flop
Ordained Minister

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYRDMAN View Post
I'm just starting out riding and I only ride on roads in the city that I'm very familiar with for this exact reason. there is one particular intersection where there's constantly a line of cars because there is only one designated turn lane...so pretty much a lot of people have decided to turn the lane next to it into a second turn lane.(I admit I am guilty of using second "turn lane" a few times)
When I ride near that area on my bike, I always pass that whole intersection in the far right lane and come back to do a U turn, just because I know how sketchy that intersection is...

you say you were "only" doing 40 mph...you could have been seriously injured. I broke my femur in half on a dirt bike doing about 40-50 mph so consider yourself very lucky.
Old 12-11-2013, 04:09 PM   #39
Coolhandsluke

Bike(s):
04 Gsxr 600
01 XR50 mini tard
01 XR650R SM
01 KDX 200

Quote:

you say you were "only" doing 40 mph...you could have been seriously injured. I broke my femur in half on a dirt bike doing about 40-50 mph so consider yourself very lucky.

Trust me I know I was lucky, have messed myself up countless times going half that speed on dirt bikes growing up.

Mostly cause the fcking trees liked to jump out in front of me.. trees.

Anyways, I was able to slow down considerably from the 40ishmph I was going when she/he whipped the left. Was probably around half that speed when I laid it down and ditched. Really don't have a clue though but if I had hit it wouldn't have been at 40 at least.

Actually pretty proud of myself for not splatting into the side of the SUV. Think all the years of riding as a kid definitely saved my . Was able to decide what I needed to do so not to go splat and react accordingly without actually taking the time to think about it, just did it.

Released the front brake, threw my body weight to the left, broke the back wheel loose and initiated the slide all while keeping my eyes locked on the suv in case I was going to slide into/under the tires and needed to kick off of to stop myself from getting caught in the tires.

Advertisement