MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2013, 03:10 PM   #21
The BeastMaster
AKA "Reese"

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
03 honda magna
08 honda 1000 cbr
97 Honda Magna(sold)
87 Honda TRX 250R 4wheeler(sold)
1985 Honda CR 125R (sold)

The San Jacinto High Rollers

When I was a child my parents belonged to "The San Jacinto High Rollers"

And I've recently passed someone wearing the colors so I believe they are still around.
If they are they have several chapters spread around. They were definitely a family oriented club. At the monthly meetings if you said a cuss word while speaking you were fined $$. They regularly went to weekend get togethers called poker runs. These weekend get togethers would be planned by one of the many official clubs that did exist at the time. Not sure how many still exist. Anyway they usually started out like this.

The planning group would reserve a spot at a park or someone's house/land So anyone wishing to come and camp for the weekend could do so with everyone else. Activities would be set up to keep everyone occupied games/dances/bar b ques/ etc. Then on Sunday a route was given out to all who entered and wished to participate. Most of the time participants broke into small groups of friends to ride the route and play the games along the way. This route consisted of riders going to several places and playing a games/drawing a card/ throwing a dart for points etc. At eash stop. Usually it had around 5 of these stops to make during your ride. Then at the end of the ride Everyone would return to the party spot and whoever had the most points/best hand/etc. would be given prizes/trophies/etc. It was a real fun time.

Occasionally they would do a night run. Usually in the hill country. Except on these runs the location of the stops for the games were only annouced via a flare from that spot. Then it was up to the participants to see it and figure out where in the to go and find the stop. Once enough people would find it they would have the next stop fire it's locating flare off.

I remember several weekends of good times. Quite often the base of operation for the weekend would be near a lake where we could all enjoy the water based activities such as swimming/fishing/boating/etc/

Just to give you a little better idea of what would happen at these:

I remember one of the events that our chapter put on at a private lake. We didn't have a license to sell beer but we could sell tickets which could then be traded for beer. So my dad who was "Sargent of Arms" loaded 3 old bathtubs on his farm trailer and fill them full of ice, water, and beer. Then thru some real heavy tarps over them to keep it cold. At night we ended up sleeping on top of the tarps to keep people from getting any for free. It was a great place to sleep since it was warm outside.

Last edited by The BeastMaster; 12-07-2013 at 03:14 PM.
The BeastMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mc cops Jaemeriiaa Off Topic 62 01-14-2012 01:05 PM
head-on MC / MC crash. ouchie!! bentgixxer General Discussion (Moto Related) 8 10-23-2009 12:02 PM
Need someone to look up mc vin twisthappy900 General Discussion (Moto Related) 5 02-28-2009 05:16 PM
MC's in Houston morvegil General Discussion (Moto Related) 16 01-13-2009 03:54 PM
Cannondale mc? FLYIN'DUC General Discussion (Moto Related) 14 05-05-2008 05:29 PM
Advertisement
Old 12-07-2013, 06:14 PM   #22
ArmyApe
In reality, Goliath wins

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2012 Kawasaki ZX10R
2011 Kawasaki ZX6R (sold)

Member Garage

Send a message via Skype™ to ArmyApe
I ride with Devious Riders MC, we're a sportbike-only MC in the Houston area. Our membership is open to anyone with; valid insurance, an M endorsement, a REGISTERED sportbike (any size motor) and who can ride respectfully in a group environment (no stunting/popping wheelies on the streets, no hitting killswitches whilst moving, no cutting off traffic etc). We don't drink and ride, we're open to family events, and generally just hang out, talk and have fun. We do weekend rides on back roads, head to the track together and provide support to each other and the Houston area in any way we can (toy drives, charity benefits, individual aid, etc). If anyone's interested, PM me any time.
Liked this post:
Old 12-08-2013, 03:40 AM   #23
CBRguyIZcool
UkrainianSicilian100%Nerd

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
H-D Sportster 48

Send a message via AIM to CBRguyIZcool
Any triumph clubs ? ....... Don't have a sport bike, an HD belongs to brother now.

Is there a reason clubs are so specific on the bikes ridden by members? I can understand not wanting a guy on a Vespa in a motto club. Sorry for all the questions just very interesting subject.
CBRguyIZcool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 12:43 PM   #24
holycost

Bike(s):
2006 Harley Davidson VRSCD Nightrod
2002 Kawasaki ZR7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jae View Post
Was the name omitted on purpose, or was it a legitimate "CRS" moment? Just want to make sure before I go putting names out that I shouldn't for some reason.

OP, are you looking for a legitimate patched "club", or are you just looking for guys to get to know and ride with? If you're looking for organizations, I can put you in contact with a High Roller if you're interested, and I've got a friend with several assorted patches. Otherwise, use the events page, come out and hang with MH people and get to know us.
I am trying to find either that's close to me. I guess preferably a mc but one that is more sport bike orientated. Wouldn't feel right riding as the only sport bike in a group and a lot of clubs are vtwin only. Want a patched club, people I can hang out with and maybe have a few beers with as well as ride with often.
holycost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 09:25 AM   #25
Jae
Kilted Basterd

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
Naked Sprint
Russian POS
Angry Max/Tub
Pile o' Hyosungs

Member Garage

FWIW, SJ High Rollers have chapters all over Houston, and are still fairly active. If I remember correctly from reading the by-laws, their only motorcycle restrictions are on size (need something that will cruise on the highway), but it is still predominantly HD.

I can't help you with sport bike stuff, but sounds like ArmyApe could be your best bet.
Old 12-09-2013, 09:50 AM   #26
ArmyApe
In reality, Goliath wins

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2012 Kawasaki ZX10R
2011 Kawasaki ZX6R (sold)

Member Garage

Send a message via Skype™ to ArmyApe
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBRguyIZcool View Post
Any triumph clubs ? ....... Don't have a sport bike, an HD belongs to brother now.

Is there a reason clubs are so specific on the bikes ridden by members? I can understand not wanting a guy on a Vespa in a motto club. Sorry for all the questions just very interesting subject.
Depending on the model, certain Triumphs would actually be a welcome addition to Devious, especially if it's a Speed Triple I can't get too specific online, but there are reasons we can't allow Harleys that extend to a blanket "no cruisers" rule. Owning both is fine, as long as main events are attended on the sportbike.

Other clubs ban sportbikes, but allow Japanese cruisers. Some clubs have a straight "no -" rule. Often times they're arbitrary rules based on personal preference of the founders. Other times, they're a decision of necessity; if a club does multiple interstate trips, only allowing cruisers ensures you won't be stopping for gas as often and you'll be a lot more comfortable with a higher luggage capability.

Most of this info is scattered throughout Wikipedia. If you really to learn specifics and get an actual idea of the people involved, the best route is to hang around with an MC (no commitment, no pressure to join as a hang around). Most of what you'll find online is -talking (big surprise, right?), misinformation and Discovery Channel "facts" that actually have no basis in reality and more to do with Hollywood ratings. We prefer to network in person and keep communication between people, rather than just throw it all up on some online forum.

Again, feel free to PM me any time whether it's about Devious, MCs in general, or interest in joining up with us. I'll answer as honestly as I'm allowed.

Last edited by ArmyApe; 12-09-2013 at 09:52 AM. Reason: Grammar
ArmyApe is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 12-09-2013, 09:56 AM   #27
Neon Samurai
3090 MotoGP Champion

Bike(s):
2010 Ducati Streetfighter (sold)
2012 Triumph Speed Triple R
2008 Triumph Sprint ST (Sold)
2014 BMW s1000R
2012 Aprilia Tuono (sold)

Look up MotoMilitia MC on Facebook, Dos Equis is a member here.
Old 12-09-2013, 12:27 PM   #28
Zapata
a.k.a Dos Equis

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
'13 Victory Cross Country
'13 Victory Judge

Member Garage

Zapata is online now   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:

Advertisement