MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2013, 11:34 PM   #41
351fox
BRAWP BRAWP

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 10+

06 gsxr 750

I came up on that leaving msrh after food right as fire trucks and cops were showing up. Saw a ton of cars pulled onto the side and a few bikes further up. Now I know why ....
silver dodge ram with silver black honda on trailer chasee69 Stunters Lounge 7 12-21-2009 04:06 PM
New Hope.. ducati900ss Events, Meets and Rides 20 11-27-2008 10:12 PM
Hope everyone is okay! gsxr005 Off Topic 5 09-14-2008 09:28 AM
hope its noone from here slim General Discussion (Moto Related) 5 01-05-2007 04:10 PM
Advertisement
Old 12-01-2013, 11:37 PM   #42
r6racer
track

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
2008 Yamaha R6 Race/track
2012 Yamaha WGP R6
2004 Kawasaki KLx250 2-stroke
2008 Yamaha R6 Street *Sold*
2005 Yamaha R6 Track *Sold*

Member Garage

Rowdy are you doing routes again
Old 12-01-2013, 11:39 PM   #43
Nastynesto85
Richard Serdown

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
Dual sport 14 ninja zx6r
06 cbr 600rr (sold)
05 cbr 600rr (sold)
04 Ducati ss800 (sold)
02 gsxr 600 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 351fox View Post
I came up on that leaving msrh after food right as fire trucks and cops were showing up. Saw a ton of cars pulled onto the side and a few bikes further up. Now I know why ....
Hey sorry we couldnt find the gringos restuarant . We settled for taco bell drive thru and headed home

If it's got or tires , it's going to cost you
Nastynesto85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 11:42 PM   #44
Miloman

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
Honda 50
Bugatti veyron ss (sold)
Dodge Tomahawk (sold)
Ducati desmosedici RR (sold)
MTT turbine bike (sold)

Let me get this right? You see a fellow rider speeding, he goes down infront of you, bike demolished and rider dies or "face plants" infront of your eyes, and your instinct tells you to get on the Internet and talk about em? He is stupid this and that, serves em right this and that.. Maybe u should just drink a big glass of shut the up. He/she already paid the ultimate price for his/her mistake. I dont know the details or the rider but it isn't right to speak ill of somebody who just passed away. You sir are a . RIP rider
Miloman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 11:50 PM   #45
Nastynesto85
Richard Serdown

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
Dual sport 14 ninja zx6r
06 cbr 600rr (sold)
05 cbr 600rr (sold)
04 Ducati ss800 (sold)
02 gsxr 600 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miloman View Post
Let me get this right? You see a fellow rider speeding, he goes down infront of you, bike demolished and rider dies or "face plants" infront of your eyes, and your instinct tells you to get on the Internet and talk about em? He is stupid this and that, serves em right this and that.. Maybe u should just drink a big glass of shut the up. He/she already paid the ultimate price for his/her mistake. I dont know the details or the rider but it isn't right to speak ill of somebody who just passed away. You sir are a . RIP rider

what if there were kids or a newborn in the car that rider slammed into ? Do you have kids ? Would you say the same thing if it was you in the car that got hit or your kids were involved ?

Just look at it from every point of view, i understand where he is coming from venting on here to people who feel the same way about these badass riders

If it's got or tires , it's going to cost you
Nastynesto85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 12:00 AM   #46
Grimace

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 1

I think OP got shook up by seeing fatality first hand. If that's the case his reaction is understandable.
Old 12-02-2013, 12:17 AM   #47
Tiller

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
00 TL1000R
03 RC51
81 GS1100E
05 RM125
11 Ninja 250R

There are reasonable people here on MH and then there are those who think doing 100+ mph lane spitting in traffic should be legal.
Tiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 12:19 AM   #48
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

What of my aunt had had a ? Would she be my uncle?
Old 12-02-2013, 12:24 AM   #49
Tiller

Bike(s):
00 TL1000R
03 RC51
81 GS1100E
05 RM125
11 Ninja 250R

And there's nothing wrong with venting when you just saw someone die being an idiot. We are all tired of see riders die whether they're idiots or not. I wiser among us would like to get through their thick heads that they're gonna die or kill someone else.
Tiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 01:40 AM   #50
Miloman

Bike(s):
Honda 50
Bugatti veyron ss (sold)
Dodge Tomahawk (sold)
Ducati desmosedici RR (sold)
MTT turbine bike (sold)

I'm not condoning riding like that at all. I'm not saying the dude didn't mess up and put other lives in danger. I'm saying have enough respect to not talk down on someone who just passed away. He made a mistake, we all do that doesn't make them a horrible person. What happens when one of your children you referred to make a mistake/ poor decision and it cost them their life and a bunch of know it alls start bad mouthing them on the Internet not even 3 hours later? Is this really a debate?
Miloman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 05:27 AM   #51
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

he didnt have enough respect for his family to not ride like a jackass, so why should "we" worry about respecting him
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 12-02-2013, 05:37 AM   #52
bdmpastx
The Cripple

Bike(s):
2009 Nissan GTR - sold
2015 Nissan GTR

Interesting that no one has posted up who it was...guess he wasn't on MH? The rider made a bad decision and lost his life over it. Sad but it happens all the time on a daily basis. I don't feel horrible for the rider but do feel bad for his family and the families involved in witnessing the accident. It can be very traumatic on someone even if it wasn't their fault.
Old 12-02-2013, 08:01 AM   #53
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhandsluke View Post
If you have enough time to make a thread about it post the details already.
I know, funny stuff, I have time to create a thread and then respond to it and still not give one itty bitty bit of relevant information.

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 08:07 AM   #54
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
Originally Posted by trunxgp1224 View Post
Cops probably knew they were coming and took off to get the head start on them/ up to speed. Idk.

I'll look at my truck in the morning but from the white paint on my mirror it looks like I'm extremely lucky. To not have changed lanes to quickly.
find out the dead dudes name on the white bike and file a claim against his insurance, he wont care

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
Old 12-02-2013, 08:11 AM   #55
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
I do believe he wrote his opinion about riders that feel the need to do triple digits in traffic and risk harming other people, including themselves....I happen to agree with him.
It is sad this cycle pilot wont live to learn from his mistakes, but what can you do? There are those that think they are invincible and they usually hurt innocent bystanders. The rider is at fault and definitely wasnt showing the highest of intelligence.
RIP

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
[/QUOTE]
Old 12-02-2013, 08:22 AM   #56
obed
TMGP Pimp

Bike(s):
2011 Honda CBR600RR
Harley Road King
Harley Sportster
Yamaha TW200
Suzuki dirt bike

When i read things like this, or have the misfortune to see it first hand...
I do feel bad for the relatives of the idiot who no longer bothers the rest of the world.
As far as "respect" and not speaking evil of the dead, well, if I did not respect them and their actions when they were alive, i do not suddenly develop respect for them when they die.
Hopefully the telling of it like it really is will get the attention of a an individual who is considering riding like an , and keep them from doing it.
Stupid is, and will be, and we should never call it anything else... this guy died stupid.
Old 12-02-2013, 08:57 AM   #57
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
I'm saying have enough respect to not talk down on someone who just passed away.
Yeah! RIP Hitler, bin Laden, and Saddam
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 09:10 AM   #58
trunxgp1224

No, I don't feel sorry one bit about the rider. They were all riding well beyond what should even be considered for public roads. Has nothing to do with seeing someone die, it wasn't an accident, it was recklessness beyond reckless.

You can call me heartless, a , cold, or whatever. I feel no sympathy or empathy for anyone who rides like that and is hurt or killed. I have ZERO respect for them, two of them nearly hit my truck closing in at 60+MPH. If you've never seen what a motorcycle can do and the kenitic energy involved with a 600lb bike/rider going 1XXmph look it up, I've seen bikes T-bone cars and split them in half with no sign of a body. If they nearly took me out and were involved with another car why should I respect that ? You nearly wrecked me and others but oh, you're dead now I should find some respect? no respect was given to me to show it.

I feel sorry about everyone else. The family who has to live with their dumbass killing themselves and the torment, anguish, and pain associated with cleaning up their mess and carrying on with their own lives. I feel sorry for the responders who had to witness the body, cover it up, and eventually remove it from the scene while having to deal with all the other dumbass riders there.

My deepest concern is the people who also wrecked as a result. They will have to deal with being involved in a wreck in which someone was killed, dealing with guilt maybe not understanding that it was in no way their fault along with both the possible physical and emotional damage incurred as a result.

Those are the ones I feel sorry for, those are the ones I have apathy for. I stopped riding like that because I realized although I didn't care what happened to me, I did care about the others involved. I didn't want one move rewriting my bio.
trunxgp1224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 10:16 AM   #59
Mr F.
Throbbing Member

Bike(s):
- The bike I own
- All the bikes I used to own which I still list so everyone on the forums will know how cool I am

I think you mean empathy, you can get back on your soap box now.
Mr F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 12-02-2013, 10:16 AM   #60
Mr F.
Throbbing Member

Bike(s):
- The bike I own
- All the bikes I used to own which I still list so everyone on the forums will know how cool I am

also, what's a poliece?
Mr F. is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement