Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2013, 10:14 AM   #21
Fava Beans & a Chianti
Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

'15 300RR
'15 250XCF-W
'14 Trophy SE
'10 VFR1200F
'05 GSXR600 (track)

Member Garage

Originally Posted by Mantoe View Post
Volfy, I know you're an intelligent guy and usually have some good info to share but I go to work in the dark and usuall return home in the dark. There hasn't been one trip to or from work that I haven't been blinded by these . NOT ONE!
I think you may be biased because you've helped insaltall them but in reality they are annoying and illeagal.
Here are a few pictires I took this morning of these with thier attention welding arcs blinding the out of everyone on the road. BTW, I have a 10 min ride to work. This wasn't a search, this is every day.
Hey, don't think I do not feel your pain. I see them on the road, too. Problem with HID's is that they are cheap, available, and somewhat easy to plug in. So a guy can buy a set for $29.95 to put in his POS car or pickup truck with faded and yellow-oxidized plastic headlights... and he buys 8000k because he thinks the blue HID will make his jalopy look like a Mercedes with real HIDs.

All I am saying is HID conversion works, if it is done properly.
Volfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Battery draining? j0nathan How To's and Q & A's 4 03-23-2014 12:59 PM
While draining my oil I found this... ivancuriel General Discussion (Moto Related) 24 07-08-2012 10:57 AM
Draining gasoline... Ares How To's and Q & A's 14 09-30-2009 10:04 PM
Completely draining gas from tank Monkeylawyer General Discussion (Moto Related) 23 06-08-2007 07:45 AM
Old 12-03-2013, 05:14 PM   #22

Experience: 7 years

Suzuki SV650 2nd gen

Originally Posted by Chris_5.0
I have never had that problem with other peoples hid's.

And i drive a lowered mustang where everyones headlights are at eye level

Do you have HID's?
saw this coming ^^ :P

(i hate [nonOEM] HID's too, I think they should fail them @ inspection. If your lights arent OEM, fail.)

But to the OP, HID's "should" not be draining your battery. Charge your battery up, check your wiring, and also look into possibly cheap or under-gauged wire, you may need to do some robustification.
SideVinder650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 10:30 PM   #23

Better check your stator voltage, like an earlier poster stated, "should make no difference over your regular bulbs. Voltage at the battery running should be in the 13.2 to 13.5 volts dc at idle, even as high as high as 14.2 with a rev. Stator voltage unplugged form the regulator should around 15 volts ac on all 3 legs at idle and should jump to around 60 volts ac with a little rev. If your ac voltage is good from the stator and your less than 12 volts dc at the battery then your voltage regulator is more than likely the culprit.

Good luck and have a great weekend!
Therodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 09:30 AM   #24
Black olives matter
Feedback Rating: (12)

Trackdays: 1

2007 yamaha fz6
1998 yamaha wr 400 motard

Member Garage

Originally Posted by honorsdaddy View Post
Technology has insulated the stupid from the rightful consequences of their actions - and exposed the rest of us to the damage they can cause.

Originally Posted by 1sickGixxer View Post
nevermind ima bumbass and ill get my wife 2 do it 2nite.
Originally Posted by tonyt915 View Post
I know enough Spanish to stick you with a knife cabron
pester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 11:10 AM   #25

Trackdays: 10+

Are they true HID's with the ballast or are they just cheap replacement bulbs that are blue and people that don't know call them HID's?

If it's just the bulbs, it should have no effect on your charging system/battery.
"WILMINGTON MILE" license pass - 204.542 MPH!
"TEXAS MILE" -182.265 MPH stock --204.468 MPH "Brock's Performance" basic mods -- 227.2 MPH "RCC TURBO" low boost/half naked!
Got-Busa? is offline   Reply With Quote