MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2007, 12:11 PM   #81
josh302

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):
shotgun
rifle
4wd

sugarland, all the kits are about the same, dry or wet. if used correctly it will not effect the life of the motor. you need dry kit. Things to consider, how you want it activated, button or wot switch. I personally like wot switch.

Nitrous by itself is not flamable, it is a stable acelerant. For every 1 part No2 you need 1 part fuel(above what your bike already has). Some bikes run fat naturally so a little nitrous doesnt hurt.

2 common ways to tune your bike; power commander, or remap ecm.

kit is cheap, tuning is not.

What I would do: Get a power commander and install it, get a dry kit and install it(.15 jet). Take the bike to a dyno, make a motor only tune and save that map, then have the tuner make you a nitrous map, run the spray on the dyno to make sure it is safe.

When you are going to spray just install the "spray" map in the pc. You can ride on the spray map, it will just be running a little fat, but if you are going to take a long ride then install the motor only map.

Quite a few people have done what you want to do, so there is going to be a million opinions floating around, you can download a map from the internet, or spray without, but remember all bikes are different, to be safe I'd do what I said above.
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NOS in Bikes? Infinite General Discussion (Moto Related) 23 03-30-2012 12:49 PM
oh nos!! Azylum Off Topic 52 04-17-2009 04:42 PM
NOS handozizle Performance and Modifications 8 06-27-2006 03:42 AM
NOS Explained Red_Rocket Taking it to the Track 6 03-01-2006 10:55 PM
NOS's story in the paper RACER X General Discussion (Moto Related) 193 02-16-2006 08:42 AM
Advertisement
Old 04-14-2007, 02:35 PM   #82
viprgtsr

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
06 GSXR 1000

Now this is what I'm talking about.

viprgtsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 03:33 PM   #83
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage

Nitrous won't kill the motor, the operator will..

And yes, I have been running naawwzz on cars for more than a few years.. as well as turbos and superchargers.

But I have found very few bikes and riders that can beat a well prepped car off the line on the street. Track is a different animal all together.

And since the average new liter bikes are capable of running low 10's to high 9's in the 1/4 stock, if you are getting beat by anything less than a well prepped track car, you might want to go back and practice a little bit more.
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 04:55 PM   #84
viprgtsr

Bike(s):
06 GSXR 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by texlurch
Nitrous won't kill the motor, the operator will..

And yes, I have been running naawwzz on cars for more than a few years.. as well as turbos and superchargers.

But I have found very few bikes and riders that can beat a well prepped car off the line on the street. Track is a different animal all together.

And since the average new liter bikes are capable of running low 10's to high 9's in the 1/4 stock, if you are getting beat by anything less than a well prepped track car, you might want to go back and practice a little bit more.
I said I got beat by a corvette with 900 on the ground. I've taken my buddy's Hennesy Viper no problem.
viprgtsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 05:18 PM   #85
Steve O Chap
Big Hero

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
1995 Suzuki RF600 - Sold
1993 Honda Shadow - Sold
2001 CBR F4i - Sold

A+ thread...

This is all teh ghey....

Dude can't responsibly rock nitrous on a bike. The reason I state this is that in order for it to be effective, in any many, on the street the bike will have to be going on speeds that greatly exceed any marked limit in TX.

I agree, it's a stupid choice to put nitrous on a bike... but to each their own. It screws with the powerband and reduces rideability when engaged. You realize you have about a nickle sized piece of tire touching the ground at all times... how do you think you can effectively put the power down when you engage the nitrous?
Old 04-14-2007, 10:26 PM   #86
Wideout

Bike(s):
'08 busa

I disagree on multiple levels, but we all have our opinions.

I do not know whether he personally can "responsibly rock nitrous on a bike" though.
Wideout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 10:35 PM   #87
josh302

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):
shotgun
rifle
4wd

I had a 150hp shot on my bus. only thing it reduced was my competitors ability to win a race.
Old 04-14-2007, 10:39 PM   #88
Wideout

Bike(s):
'08 busa

Yeah, it'd be nice if you were still running it. Then you and Jamal could join us out in Goliad.
Old 04-15-2007, 12:01 AM   #89
Ramius
Rocket Surgeon

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
The Purple People Eater

Send a message via AIM to Ramius
Quote:
Originally Posted by josh302
I had a 150hp shot on my bus. only thing it reduced was my competitors ability to win a race.
PWND!!! :laughing6
Who I am now is not who I was, and who I will be is better than anything I ever could have imagined. I am Filled with the Spirit of Christ and I walk surrounded by a Host Of Angels, who can stand before the Army of ? Amen!
Ramius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 07:46 AM   #90
Gigolo Jason

Bike(s):
BMW R1200C

Old 04-15-2007, 08:56 AM   #91
Jango

Send a message via AIM to Jango
Quote:
Originally Posted by josh302
yes but was that on the street or strip because if you were doing that on the street you are one of the luckiest people on the face of earth. I'm also waiting for the Rider Down thread for this Viper guy and no one will care because most likely it will contain a article that states "another 20-30 year old male trying to inflate his already over inflated ego racing on a public street crashed Friday night. And being the selfish egotistical jackass he is killed an area woman and her kids on the way home from a victory pizza party after they won the local softball game." and as for needing nitrous on a liter bike how long have you been riding this bike that you feel comfortable redlining every gear because if you are not redlining in every gear then there is no need to be thinking about adding a power booster to said liter bike. In the end its all about your small complex thats going to get you and possibly some random innocent person killed just because you needed to beat some guy that spent an ungodly amount of money on another form of envy. how about this both of you whip it out and compare size then there is no risk of killing someone unless its an old lady that dies from shock at seeing the two smallest dicks in her entire life.
Jango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 09:18 AM   #92
Seth
F T W

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
sixsevenfive

Send a message via AIM to Seth
Quote:
Originally Posted by viprgtsr
I said I got beat by a corvette with 900 on the ground. I've taken my buddy's Hennesy Viper no problem.
Rich friends :laughing6
Old 04-15-2007, 09:24 AM   #93
paniro187

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jango
yes but was that on the street or strip because if you were doing that on the street you are one of the luckiest people on the face of earth. I'm also waiting for the Rider Down thread for this Viper guy and no one will care because most likely it will contain a article that states "another 20-30 year old male trying to inflate his already over inflated ego racing on a public street crashed Friday night. And being the selfish egotistical jackass he is killed an area woman and her kids on the way home from a victory pizza party after they won the local softball game." and as for needing nitrous on a liter bike how long have you been riding this bike that you feel comfortable redlining every gear because if you are not redlining in every gear then there is no need to be thinking about adding a power booster to said liter bike. In the end its all about your small complex thats going to get you and possibly some random innocent person killed just because you needed to beat some guy that spent an ungodly amount of money on another form of envy. how about this both of you whip it out and compare size then there is no risk of killing someone unless its an old lady that dies from shock at seeing the two smallest dicks in her entire life.
:laughing6 :laughing6 :laughing6 :laughing6

When you add emotion to any equation, you can't trust the results-Unknown
paniro187 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 09:45 AM   #94
Steve O Chap
Big Hero

Bike(s):
1995 Suzuki RF600 - Sold
1993 Honda Shadow - Sold
2001 CBR F4i - Sold

Quote:

OMG :laughing6 :laughing6 :laughing6 :laughing6 :laughing6 :laughing6
Old 04-15-2007, 11:18 AM   #95
pigpen
Radiator Wrecker

Bike(s):
2000 ZX-12R

IMO, going out carving corners on the street is much more dangerous than spraying in straight line. It's amazing that sport bike riders can't relate to people wanting to go faster, and are so quick to judge others intentions and future actions. Sounds a lot like how non-riders talk about sportbike riders...:eh:

As far as nitrous activation goes, with the current group of progressive controllers, theres no reason that spray can't be brought in with a soft enough hit to work on the street. You can bring it in at 0 to 100 precent and have total control of the hit across the duration of the curve (which can be rpm or time based)

Nitrous aint Da Devil...

There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about!!!

Last edited by pigpen; 04-15-2007 at 11:22 AM.
pigpen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 11:33 AM   #96
BigComfy

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
SV1k (sold)
CRB6 Track Bike (sold)
Daytona 1200 (parted)
1st Gen FZ1 (sold)
1st Gen SV650 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigpen

Nitrous aint Da Devil...
True it just brings out the devil in me
Old 04-15-2007, 12:40 PM   #97
handozizle

Bike(s):
2008 Ducati 848
2004 GSXR 600-Sold

Send a message via AIM to handozizle
Quote:
PWND since we cant have animated sig, this will go for my new sig

Last edited by handozizle; 04-15-2007 at 12:48 PM.
handozizle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 12:59 PM   #98
paniro187

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigpen
IMO, going out carving corners on the street is much more dangerous than spraying in straight line. It's amazing that sport bike riders can't relate to people wanting to go faster, and are so quick to judge others intentions and future actions. Sounds a lot like how non-riders talk about sportbike riders...:eh:

As far as nitrous activation goes, with the current group of progressive controllers, theres no reason that spray can't be brought in with a soft enough hit to work on the street. You can bring it in at 0 to 100 precent and have total control of the hit across the duration of the curve (which can be rpm or time based)

Nitrous aint Da Devil...
going out trying to go faster around corners on the street is stupid as too.

When you add emotion to any equation, you can't trust the results-Unknown
paniro187 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 05:34 PM   #99
Wideout

Bike(s):
'08 busa

Just so I'm clear on things...

Some of us like to stunt. Some of us enjoy trackdays only (it's safe, right?). Some of us like racing at the dragstrip in a straight line. Others recommend showing their weiner to another guy...to see how big (or small) it is comparatively.

Never would've thought of the last one. Definitely not for me, but you get an A for creativity. You even have someone that puts it in his sig.

Even funnier...each genre of sportibiking thinks their's is better than the other, therefore constantly argues and puts down one another. Laughable, but makes for good entertainment while I'm sitting around at work.
Old 04-15-2007, 08:43 PM   #100
pigpen
Radiator Wrecker

Bike(s):
2000 ZX-12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by paniro187
going out trying to go faster around corners on the street is stupid as too.
Yet no one is harassing street bike riders for inquiring about suspension upgrades...

There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about!!!

Last edited by pigpen; 04-15-2007 at 08:47 PM.
pigpen is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement