MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2007, 09:31 PM   #61
viprgtsr

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
06 GSXR 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04RSVR
well now you put conditions on it. "non-exotic AWD" you didn't say that originally.

AWD cars are not necessarily faster off the line. In the wet yes, in the dry, not always.

OEM clutches are often not up to the task of a hard launch in an AWD car.

There are a lot of regular cars that can easily be modded to go 190. But you are a smart guy and already know this.

I'm also confident you are really up to the task of operating a 200 hp bike at full throttle.

Thanks for raising my insurance. No, not yet, but you will.
Thanks for the tip smart @ss but like i mentioned before, who ever said I was going to try and take a car at top end? Who says I have to do 190 to beat some car? Who said I was going to do it on the street? I realize there are a lot of posts but if you can dig that far back to quote me I figure you would have known this buy now.:notworthy

You're a keen one... what do you do for a living?
viprgtsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NOS in Bikes? Infinite General Discussion (Moto Related) 23 03-30-2012 12:49 PM
oh nos!! Azylum Off Topic 52 04-17-2009 04:42 PM
NOS handozizle Performance and Modifications 8 06-27-2006 03:42 AM
NOS Explained Red_Rocket Taking it to the Track 6 03-01-2006 10:55 PM
NOS's story in the paper RACER X General Discussion (Moto Related) 193 02-16-2006 08:42 AM
Advertisement
Old 04-13-2007, 09:41 PM   #62
04RSVR
Professional Jack @ss

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
BMW K1200 R Sport
Honda 305 Superhawk project bike
working on a motoped

Quote:
Originally Posted by viprgtsr
but a stock liter bike would take them in the end.
sure sounds like you are talking about top end to me. maybe you do a different type of racing then i am used to.

Oh and it's "professional jack @ss" not smart @ss. Get it right.

I'll just wait for the time slips.

I'll let you know when you are faster than my last girlfriend.

"It is better to ride a slow bike fast, than a fast bike slow." -- Mann
04RSVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 10:11 PM   #63
Big Turkey
Strictly Performance

Bike(s):
06 Suzuki, 04 Cobra

Send a message via AIM to Big Turkey
Quote:
well now you put conditions on it. "non-exotic AWD" you didn't say that originally.

AWD cars are not necessarily faster off the line. In the wet yes, in the dry, not always.

OEM clutches are often not up to the task of a hard launch in an AWD car.

There are a lot of regular cars that can easily be modded to go 190. But you are a smart guy and already know this.

I'm also confident you are really up to the task of operating a 200 hp bike at full throttle.

Thanks for raising my insurance. No, not yet, but you will.
Have you ever owned a fast AWD car? I have. Sure, it can do a honest 190... but there's no way in a non-exotic can take a liter bike in the big end. Please!

If you know how to drive AT ALL, clutches are the LEAST problem AWD cars have. It's the hook and shock to the drivetrain.

5 Years ago when the WRX's were hot , I used to own one and went through every freakin' setup getting that thing into the 11s on pump gas.

Have you ever gone 190mph? Who here can honestly say they have gone 190mph? I haven't. I don't like to brag but I'd have to say I drive a pretty quick car. It does 650whp to the ground, weighs 4000lbs, and does 10.50s daily driven. I'm sure I can hit 190mph the way it sits, but I do know that I will get WAXED by a newer liter bike.

Sure, most cars can be modded to hit 190. But the bike will get there WAY faster than the car will.

Blower Only pass at HRP
Big Turkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 10:14 PM   #64
Big Turkey
Strictly Performance

Bike(s):
06 Suzuki, 04 Cobra

Another thing to everyone else. Have anyone here ever ran nitrous on any vehicle? I'm willing to bet 95% of you say no. Well I have. I run it on my current vehicle and have ran it many times before. If you are familiar with it at all, there's a thing called technology that provides different things for the nitrous setup. One of these is called a progressive controller. It can control how much the solenoid opens and how much of shot that's going into the motor at any given time.

I hate to sound like a but I read all 3 pages and there's probably only 3-4 people that have said something knowledgeable. Everyone else is telling this guy to end his life because he was asking about making his bike faster. personally I think the rest of you are scared, or just not interested in drag racing. Which is cool, nothing wrong with either.

Blower Only pass at HRP

Last edited by Big Turkey; 04-13-2007 at 10:18 PM.
Old 04-13-2007, 10:40 PM   #65
camaroz2866

Feedback Rating: (4)

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2008 cbr1000rr

hey, let me know if u wanna race a street car, got a hole line of them that are just rear wheel drive and would take a liter bike all around, 69ss up at my work(owners car) and daily driven
Old 04-13-2007, 10:43 PM   #66
houseofpaint
PM for BESTPRICE on parts

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
2010 Yamaha R1 racebike
2012 GSXR750 Racebike
2003 DRZ125 semiflattracker

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to houseofpaint
everybody has their own opinion....

but do you seriously think you need nos? imagine a 20 shot....20 extra horses at the flip of a switch on your bike.....you really think you can hold that front end down? i think not. on my 1000rr, even at sixth gear....at full throttle going around 70...that front end already wants to come up. imagine what the nos will do.

in short, people are just advising you not to get the NOS, because these bikes come with so much power already, and with 20 extra ponies at the switch.....nobody wants to scrape you off the floor.

and Big Turkey......what's up with your sig?

Custom Paint, Powdercoating, and Collision repair (Cars and bikes)[/b]
houseofpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 10:49 PM   #67
hectikillusions
your noob b**ch

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
in process.....

Send a message via Yahoo to hectikillusions
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroz2866
hey, let me know if u wanna race a street car, got a hole line of them that are just rear wheel drive and would take a liter bike all around, 69ss up at my work(owners car) and daily driven
i wanna be there for this, would even bring some A+A+ latina's to flag you all down in bikinis, then do a carwash :icon_bigg...
hectikillusions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 10:56 PM   #68
andre3k
I see dead people...

Feedback Rating: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Turkey
I hate to sound like a but I read all 3 pages and there's probably only 3-4 people that have said something knowledgeable.

Get used to it. I've began to notice that for the most part the truly fast guys don't spend much time posting on internet forums. My theory is that they are out on the track going faster rather than on a computer having a length contest.

Note: andre3k is not part of the aforementioned group.

/rant
NOS is Nitrous Oxide Systems, a company. When referring to nitrous oxide, I hate it when peeps say NOS. WTF is NOS? Its N02, nitrous, nitrous oxide...not NOS.

Last edited by andre3k; 04-13-2007 at 10:59 PM.
andre3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 10:58 PM   #69
Nightster Ridester
Holmes Hot Rods & Cycles

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
1975 Harley Ironhead

Member Garage

HE'S GOIN THE DISTANCE......HE'S GOIN FOR SPEEEDDDD !!!!!! LOL Thats his theme song lol :laughing6

-Harley Davidson is The Original Gangster
Nightster Ridester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 12:28 AM   #70
04RSVR
Professional Jack @ss

Bike(s):
BMW K1200 R Sport
working on a motoped

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Turkey
but there's no way in a non-exotic can take a liter bike in the big end. Please!
that's fine and dandy but initially exotics were not excluded. the initial statement was inclusive of all cars. it may not have been intended that way but it was.

i've never operated a NOS vehicle but i've spent a lot of time in the pits with vehicles, cars and bikes, that run low nines and low eights. i know a thing or two.

I also know when someones story changes and they try to cover their tracks. Some squids can change their spots but they are still a squid.

Old 04-14-2007, 02:37 AM   #71
Big Turkey
Strictly Performance

Bike(s):
06 Suzuki, 04 Cobra

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofpain
everybody has their own opinion....

but do you seriously think you need nos? imagine a 20 shot....20 extra horses at the flip of a switch on your bike.....you really think you can hold that front end down? i think not. on my 1000rr, even at sixth gear....at full throttle going around 70...that front end already wants to come up. imagine what the nos will do.

in short, people are just advising you not to get the NOS, because these bikes come with so much power already, and with 20 extra ponies at the switch.....nobody wants to scrape you off the floor.

and Big Turkey......what's up with your sig?
What's wrong with the sig? I'm 6'1 220lbs asian guy.

Blower Only pass at HRP
Old 04-14-2007, 02:44 AM   #72
Big Turkey
Strictly Performance

Bike(s):
06 Suzuki, 04 Cobra

Quote:
that's fine and dandy but initially exotics were not excluded. the initial statement was inclusive of all cars. it may not have been intended that way but it was.

i've never operated a NOS vehicle but i've spent a lot of time in the pits with vehicles, cars and bikes, that run low nines and low eights. i know a thing or two.

I also know when someones story changes and they try to cover their tracks. Some squids can change their spots but they are still a squid.
When it all comes down to it, RWD > AWD. With big power to get traction you need to get heat in the tires. Then again you already know that if you have experience with track cars. But just because you have spent some time in the pits with fast cars does not mean you know how a nitrous system works. I agree with Andre, when people say NOS, it's the company, don't listen to the movie. If you really want me to get technical I will but I will be wasting my breath. I might as well copy and paste from any nitrous company.

What story change are you referring to? Your entire argument is on AWD exotic based. We are arguing that liter bikes will take any AWD vehicle "in the end". This is true, imo, unless you're talking about the Veyron. After 150mph it all comes down to power, weight, and most importantly, aerodynamics. A bike will beat 98% of cars aerodynamics anyday that's out there.

Anyway there's no point in arguing. I've read enough to know where you stand.

Blower Only pass at HRP
Old 04-14-2007, 02:45 AM   #73
josh302

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):
shotgun
rifle
4wd

all ghey, pm me, I'll send you my cell number, I'll explain how and why it works, science and all. I prob have a kit in the garage for your bike.
Old 04-14-2007, 03:39 AM   #74
NitroHonda
Deaf

Bike(s):
2006 GSX-R 1000k6
2003 Kawasaki ZX6R -- trackbike
2009 ZX14 -- STOLEN -- never recovered
2008 Hayabusa -- STOLEN -- frame recovered

I've ridden nitrous. Let me say this... I'll never put it on another one of my bikes again. I blew the engine not once but twice. The bikes nowadays just rev too quick. It isn't a really useable source of power when you have turbos which just gives you a better use of that powerband albeit you can't beat the price of nitrous but only if you don't blow the engine. Not only that but nitrous puts some serious strain on your engine that it just doesn't last very long AT ALL. Granted, my experience with nitrous is somewhat rather limited. It's been 8 or nine years and I had it in a much older air cooled bike, the 1981 Honda CB900.

I know this doesn't answer the person who initiated this thread but this is the first nitrous thread that I've seen and I thought I'd throw that in there. You want nitrous? Just go to denniskirk.com and get it through them then take it to a shop.
NitroHonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 06:55 AM   #75
04RSVR
Professional Jack @ss

Bike(s):
BMW K1200 R Sport
working on a motoped

Turkey you don't know exotics as well as you think you know everything else. The veyron is not the only car. I'm pretty sure that most people on here don't get 3.2 0-60 times, they are not professional riders. Published numbers are not what most riders produce. Many exotics produce their launch/0-60 times with anything but the push of the gas pedal.

NOS is a company, NO $HIT. DO you call it hook and loop or do you say VELCRO? You aren't saying anything most of us don't know.

Last edited by 04RSVR; 04-14-2007 at 07:00 AM.
Old 04-14-2007, 09:40 AM   #76
Wideout

Bike(s):
'08 busa

I have a cold fusion kit. Look them up, they're local.

I bought mine from a distributor out of Canada. Found out later they are located in Houston.
Wideout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 10:47 AM   #77
viprgtsr

Bike(s):
06 GSXR 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh302
all ghey, pm me, I'll send you my cell number, I'll explain how and why it works, science and all. I prob have a kit in the garage for your bike.
Where are you located man?
Old 04-14-2007, 10:50 AM   #78
viprgtsr

Bike(s):
06 GSXR 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wideout
I have a cold fusion kit. Look them up, they're local.

I bought mine from a distributor out of Canada. Found out later they are located in Houston.

So my question for you is, what do you think about it? If you could do something differently what would it be? Same kit? Less/more spray? How much do you think the spray effects the life of the motor? Did you put it on yourself?

I'm not too worried about engine life because I like I mentioned before I'm not going to spray everywhere I go, and I don't bounce on the rev limiter like some of the guys at ASI
Old 04-14-2007, 12:03 PM   #79
Big Turkey
Strictly Performance

Bike(s):
06 Suzuki, 04 Cobra

Quote:
Turkey you don't know exotics as well as you think you know everything else. The veyron is not the only car. I'm pretty sure that most people on here don't get 3.2 0-60 times, they are not professional riders. Published numbers are not what most riders produce. Many exotics produce their launch/0-60 times with anything but the push of the gas pedal.

NOS is a company, NO $HIT. DO you call it hook and loop or do you say VELCRO? You aren't saying anything most of us don't know.
I don't claim to know everything. I only talk where I have experience. We aren't having a 0-60 race here because 0-60 on a liter bike... is HALF of first gear. I'm talkin' about the rest of the race that actually counts. If you focus on 0-60 then you are a stoplight racer and that means your car obviously doesn't make enough power. Being in the PITS doesn't mean . Obviously knowing a thing or two isn't enough.

This thread is getting off-topic. Let's bring it back.

viper, a nitrous kit is simple. It consists of 4 major components. Bottle, lines, nozzle and solenoid(s). There are two basic setups, wet and dry. Wet sprays fuel along with your nitrous, so you have 1 nitrous solenoid and a fuel solenoid. Dry just sprays nitrous into the intake tract. Now if you run a wet shot then that is fine, you will just need to check the air fuel on a dyno and tune your fuel pill accordingly. If you run dry, then you will need a power commander or some form of fuel control to add fuel to compensate for the additional air the nitrous provides. Install is very easy, I have done a few on cars no problem. Find a place to mount the bottle, run the line to the solenoid, which is mounted somewhere close to the intake tract. Then there's another line that feeds nitrous into the nozzle, which taps into your air filter or wherever you want to put it. Wire it up to a WOT switch or button, and you're done.

Blower Only pass at HRP
Old 04-14-2007, 12:04 PM   #80
Big Turkey
Strictly Performance

Bike(s):
06 Suzuki, 04 Cobra

Quote:
Originally Posted by viprgtsr
So my question for you is, what do you think about it? If you could do something differently what would it be? Same kit? Less/more spray? How much do you think the spray effects the life of the motor? Did you put it on yourself?

I'm not too worried about engine life because I like I mentioned before I'm not going to spray everywhere I go, and I don't bounce on the rev limiter like some of the guys at ASI
I run the same kit on my car right now. They are cheap and I haven't had any problems with it.

You are on the right track. Don't hit the rev limiter, and also don't spray too low in the RPM band.

Blower Only pass at HRP

Advertisement