MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Super Motards
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-17-2013, 09:09 PM   #1
Robby1227

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
2005 DR-Z400SM

DRZ kick start

Really just need to vent, posted on SMJ and TT as well.

Put on the kickstart, thought I had it all right, followed Mr Cobb's pics, put the backing plate in and everything. Thought I was good to go. Went to kick and it got stuck. Bumped it with the starter and it spun over but the kick start shaft moved as well and it sounded like a ratchet being spun. Pulled it all back down to find the spring out of it's seat in the case and this:

e7uvyje4

y7ata7us

Yes that is the backing plate that has been turned into a ring. I think I got all the chunks of aluminum out of the case. Can I put it back together and run it? I assume there is no way to make the kick start work in that case ever again.

If so maybe I'll just build up a dream motor with all the upgrades and the kickstart over the next year. Big bore, fcr, kickstart, wide ratio, stroker, cams, head work. Get a little excited just thinking about it.
Robby1227 is offline   Reply With Quote