MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2013, 02:09 AM   #161
Nastynesto85
Richard Serdown

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
Dual sport 14 ninja zx6r
06 cbr 600rr (sold)
05 cbr 600rr (sold)
04 Ducati ss800 (sold)
02 gsxr 600 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umayr View Post
One 1 on 1 session isnt going to help him.

He needs to build muscle memory, build better habits, understand his bike more and learn to look through a turn. Thats going to take a lot of time, so instead of trying to learn it with one session with someone off a forum I would say go to the track. Go to ridesmart or whoever but they all have great instructors that are far more knowledgeable than most the guys posting in this thread
+1

If it's got or tires , it's going to cost you
Nastynesto85 is online now   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
hauling ur bike dboi General Discussion (Moto Related) 31 10-11-2013 05:30 PM
I'll rent ur bike Los General Discussion (Moto Related) 17 05-10-2009 12:51 AM
So what do you say when someone asks to ride ur Bike?? rod3rickj General Discussion (Moto Related) 102 09-04-2008 07:28 PM
Washing ur bike.. Amanda General Discussion (Moto Related) 154 05-20-2008 05:40 PM
where did u get ur bike? whosthis General Discussion (Moto Related) 20 05-22-2007 04:51 PM
Advertisement
Old 11-18-2013, 02:11 AM   #162
Nastynesto85
Richard Serdown

Bike(s):
Dual sport 14 ninja zx6r
06 cbr 600rr (sold)
05 cbr 600rr (sold)
04 Ducati ss800 (sold)
02 gsxr 600 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigRR View Post
It's better if I teach you in person. I learned German in hamburg. Pm me, and I'll teach you what I know when I get back for free.
Awesome thanks

Old 11-18-2013, 02:17 AM   #163
650ninja
speed is lovely

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
06 650r sold :(
02 daytona 955i is fat sold
06' Triumph Daytona 675 sold D:
2003 sv650 distroyer of fingers sold
2004 gsxr 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slovy View Post
look man. 4 crashes, 1 year?

you are doing something wrong, you are trying to do things that you may think you know, but you just dont!

be real with yourself do NOT go and take back roads with people you dont know!

(frank and jim excluded)

if you crash that often you are not nearly good enough to be doing whatever you are.

stop the street back roads, you wont be cool if you go fast.

hit the track twice for 300 bucks total..

have somone actually TEACH you what you

i take you as a know it all... sell the bike or ACCEPT ADVICE AND ACTUALLY USE IT!

/endrant
Dont worry i wouldnt respond at all if i didnt want advise
Old 11-18-2013, 02:19 AM   #164
650ninja
speed is lovely

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
06 650r sold :(
02 daytona 955i is fat sold
06' Triumph Daytona 675 sold D:
2003 sv650 distroyer of fingers sold
2004 gsxr 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastynesto85 View Post
Awesome thanks
German is a huge pAin in the to learn. I didnt want to take spanish in high school so i took german. Only passed the first one lol failed the 2nd.
Old 11-18-2013, 02:26 AM   #165
Nastynesto85
Richard Serdown

Bike(s):
Dual sport 14 ninja zx6r
06 cbr 600rr (sold)
05 cbr 600rr (sold)
04 Ducati ss800 (sold)
02 gsxr 600 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 650ninja View Post
German is a huge pAin in the to learn. I didnt want to take spanish in high school so i took german. Only passed the first one lol failed the 2nd.
Lol at east you took the class in highschool. I just took spanish and passed with flying colors. Because i already knew spanish

Old 11-18-2013, 07:58 AM   #166
Chris_5.0
HalfFast

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
1999 zx-9r
2005 gsxr 600
xr50r speed demond

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigRR View Post
Maybe he just needs some private 1 on 1 street time with comms. Track is all memory, and seat time. Things change on the street and it's best to error on the side of caution. Just trying to help the op.
Not true. You go and learn how to actually use your bike effectively. Braking, throttle control, counter steering, looking through the turn, avoiding someone crashing in front of you, etc.

Same thing with back roads. Same every time. Yes there are cars and animals that makes it different every time.
Old 11-18-2013, 08:45 AM   #167
848Brando

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 5

Bike(s):
2015 FJ-09
05 R6 (sold)
06 R1 (sold)
Duc 848 (Sold)

My advice is that if Craig is offering to meet up and give you advice take advantage of that and do it...AND LISTEN!
848Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 08:54 AM   #168
Neon Samurai
3090 MotoGP Champion

Bike(s):
2010 Ducati Streetfighter (sold)
2012 Triumph Speed Triple R
2008 Triumph Sprint ST (Sold)
2014 BMW s1000R
2012 Aprilia Tuono (sold)

Ride with us fast guys..we throw you in the fire!
Old 11-18-2013, 09:08 AM   #169
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Feedback Rating: (5)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastynesto85 View Post
And also umayr speaks alot of truth . I have 9 yrs riding street and back roads and i tagged along with umayr on 2 of his td's and i got another bike and he paid for my first trackday to get me out there and check it out. I honestly can say that i learned more in my first trackday than i had in all my yrs on the street. And he also was the one who got me to go to the Wednesday meets and thats where i had the chance to meet alot of great people and got to ask questions and get anwsers from alot of people who instruct, race and lead the back road rides. I was able to discuss and plan what days i would go to street rides and also track days. The list consist of gavin and ana from fastline .paul (racer ), jredford, Krazykris, chris 5.0, bluepine (mark) , donte, jimrad, craig rr, idazzle, absalom, and a few more im sure i missed. I also got to discuss how i earn track day credits by cornerworking . So yes umayr has been my connection to alot of the good people i know and enjoy riding with.
because you had 9 yrs of street experience. It was the same for me when I did my 1st td. I'm not saying the track CAN'T teach you the basics....but, there are other fixed and moving objects on the street that you must account for and it is a different game. The track is a place to hone your motorcycle skills IMO, not the place to learn how to correctly operate a motorcycle.

Justin, let me know when you wanna go ride on a weekend....I'll be glad to slow down, spend some time in a parking lot, whatever.
dbuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 10:12 AM   #170
Nastynesto85
Richard Serdown

Bike(s):
Dual sport 14 ninja zx6r
06 cbr 600rr (sold)
05 cbr 600rr (sold)
04 Ducati ss800 (sold)
02 gsxr 600 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbuck View Post
because you had 9 yrs of street experience. It was the same for me when I did my 1st td. I'm not saying the track CAN'T teach you the basics....but, there are other fixed and moving objects on the street that you must account for and it is a different game. The track is a place to hone your motorcycle skills IMO, not the place to learn how to correctly operate a motorcycle.

Justin, let me know when you wanna go ride on a weekend....I'll be glad to slow down, spend some time in a parking lot, whatever.
Imo its the safest bet since there is no vehicles to worry about and if worst comes to worst there are paramedics on site waiting to aid you if needed

Old 11-18-2013, 11:19 AM   #171
Solyjr

Bike(s):
2014 Duc Panigale
2012 S1000RR - stolen
2005 R1 - sold
2003 V-max - sold
2000 V-max - sold

Send a message via MSN to Solyjr
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_e_hurst View Post
Exactly. There was a noob ride that same day and OP was posting on that thread about how he wanted to go fast. Then he came on my fast ride and wrecked.
This is why I cringe every time I see that BORC , because way to many guys can't put logic before their ego's, both the BORC folks and newbs. The end result is this, folks crashing, hopefully not a tragic crash, and hopefully it does not involve other vehicles, but it does sometimes because there is a lack of skill and/or too much ego. The worse thing about this is it continues to happen and will continue to do so...
Old 11-18-2013, 01:52 PM   #172
QUICKGIXX
track track track

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
07 gsxr 600(race bike)
2005 ttr90(pit bike)
01 kx65 mini motard

Having a hard time posting pics from my phone. Any help??
CMRA #927
QUICKGIXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 02:22 PM   #173
Coolhandsluke

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
04 Gsxr 600
01 XR50 mini tard
01 XR650R SM
01 KDX 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUICKGIXX View Post
Having a hard time posting pics from my phone. Any help??

Send them to your email, download to your PC then upload to imgur.com

Right click pic once its uploaded and select copy url

Then paste it in here with img brackets around it w/o spaces ex: [ i m g ]example.url[ / i m g]

Theres prolly a faster way to do it, or a way to do it from your phone but thats my method.
Coolhandsluke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 02:48 PM   #174
Jae
Kilted Basterd

Feedback Rating: (9)

Bike(s):
Naked Sprint
Russian POS
Angry Max/Tub
Pile o' Hyosungs

Member Garage

... I've been riding a little over 6 years now and been down twice in a street environment (no, I don't count dropping a bike at a stop in the dirt because I lost footing...):

The first, I was an idiot, plain and simple. I'd been riding only a few months, and drinking a little bit (not enough to blow over the limit, but enough to inflate my sense of confidence) and gave it too much gas in a left turn coming from a stop a block from my house, made the back end go right out from under me.

The second was earlier this year and there wasn't much I could do. I was coming up to a stop light on the I-10 feeder @ FM359 and as the truck with a trailer full of lawn equipment made the turn in front of me I could see that something on his trailer was pouring oil in the road about 1/2 second before my front wheel was in it. Tried to let off the front brake but wasn't quick enough and the front end slid right out. Embarassing, but it was another drop at 5 mph.

The second is the kind of thing that will happen if you're riding street: there will be debris and road conditions you just can't do anything about. The first is entirely avoidable and is the result of stupidity. I've made it a point to avoid the first at all costs.
Old 11-18-2013, 03:27 PM   #175
obed
TMGP Pimp

Bike(s):
2011 Honda CBR600RR
Harley Road King
Harley Sportster
Yamaha TW200
Suzuki dirt bike

from reading the comments the op made, and the comments of folks who have been there when he went down... seeing both what the op said and what he DID NOT say... i know one thing that he is doing on a regular basis that will at least contribute to his going down.... and from what he has said i also know that he does not believe he is doing this, but he IS...
he is watching the road directly in front of him and not looking where he wants to go... others have touched on this when they mention "looking thru the turns"... the op believes he is doing this, but he is not... he is looking where he is going instead of where he wants to go...I suggest cones in a parking lot to help overcome this habit... make himself an obstacle course with tight cones until he can move thru them at reasonable speed and not knock over cones...and do not look AT the cones...watch the ones you are going to go thru next, not the ones you are going thru at the time...like looking thru and intersection before you get there, not as you go thru it.
been there, done that.
Old 11-18-2013, 03:29 PM   #176
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by obed View Post
from reading the comments the op made, and the comments of folks who have been there when he went down... seeing both what the op said and what he DID NOT say... i know one thing that he is doing on a regular basis that will at least contribute to his going down.... and from what he has said i also know that he does not believe he is doing this, but he IS...
he is watching the road directly in front of him and not looking where he wants to go... others have touched on this when they mention "looking thru the turns"... the op believes he is doing this, but he is not... he is looking where he is going instead of where he wants to go...I suggest cones in a parking lot to help overcome this habit... make himself an obstacle course with tight cones until he can move thru them at reasonable speed and not knock over cones...and do not look AT the cones...watch the ones you are going to go thru next, not the ones you are going thru at the time...like looking thru and intersection before you get there, not as you go thru it.
been there, done that.
which means he needs to do a trackday damnit!
dbuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 03:33 PM   #177
obed
TMGP Pimp

Bike(s):
2011 Honda CBR600RR
Harley Road King
Harley Sportster
Yamaha TW200
Suzuki dirt bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbuck View Post
which means he needs to do a trackday damnit!
if he does and does not correct this before hand, he is going to see a lot of grass and likely low side. maybe do the round robins and then get an instructor to follow for a few sessions after...
Old 11-18-2013, 03:42 PM   #178
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

Then there is the idea that some people just are not meant to ride motorcycles and live long. Its one or the other for some.
Old 11-18-2013, 03:46 PM   #179
urbanXJ
erect engorged member

Bike(s):
2008 Versys

40k miles and the bike has only gone down once with me on it...

and that was top of a greasy parking garage

I did get rear ended too but kept it up

and dropped it on each side in the driveway when in a hurry
urbanXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 04:05 PM   #180
obed
TMGP Pimp

Bike(s):
2011 Honda CBR600RR
Harley Road King
Harley Sportster
Yamaha TW200
Suzuki dirt bike

what i typed got changed and then changed back to the original, all without me doing anything... weird!

Advertisement