MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2007, 06:56 PM   #1
Knightrider

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
2006 R6 Blue

Send a message via Yahoo to Knightrider
Rider Down

So I was at work 2 days ago (ya sorry im a little slow at gettin this online lol) and run an accident at the heights and washington ave. the guy on the bike (Blue 06 R6) was hit from behind and then the car ran over him and the bike. the guy in the car, in my opinion, was to old to be driving. as for the biker, considering the situation and the way the bike looked he came out virtually unharmed. dont know about broken bones or anything like that but his clothes were still intact from what i could tell and movin around (after bike was taken off of him) he was one lucky guy...if anyone knows him or he is on this forum send me a pm please.

i got 2 pics of the bike and as soon as i get them on the computer i will post them...the bike is totaled

ps - off topic, but for those that watched the news this morning and saw the wrecked 350z, ya i was there too...got pics of that also
Knightrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cop rear ends rider, then BLAMES the rider CTtriple General Discussion (Moto Related) 76 11-06-2013 10:09 AM
Rider hit by other rider - Video Inside Neon Samurai General Discussion (Moto Related) 52 07-31-2012 03:42 PM
Rider and co-rider down 290E & Barker Cypress jimrad General Discussion (Moto Related) 5 04-17-2011 12:17 AM
Rider Down on 242, report says inexperienced rider Davekg General Discussion (Moto Related) 94 03-24-2011 07:11 PM
Rider to Passenger/Other Rider Communication Pyrofallout General Discussion (Moto Related) 12 02-22-2008 09:38 AM
Advertisement
Old 04-12-2007, 07:57 PM   #2
Spanish Fly
Take me drunk, I'm home!!

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2003 SV650s (sold)

I hear about bikers getting rear-ended all the time but will someone please explain to me how this happens? I mean if you are in a car approching a red light, how is it you don't see the biker right in front of you? Plz explain
Spanish Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 07:59 PM   #3
dixiebabe83

Bike(s):
2004 R6

Send a message via Yahoo to dixiebabe83
What I do when there is a known area of people no paying attention. I leave so extra room in front of me and i watch the car coming from behind. That way I have room to move up or out. JMO
dixiebabe83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 08:14 PM   #4
DrunkMagnet
Banned

Bike(s):
2006 GSXR 1000, 2005 Ninja 636 ( TRACK )

Send a message via AIM to DrunkMagnet
User is banned

DrunkMagnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 08:17 PM   #5
Badzx14r
Banned

Bike(s):
2many2list

User is banned

Badzx14r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 08:20 PM   #6
DanteLee
Sexy Dynamite

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
suzuki katana 96(sold)
honda cbr f4i 06 (sold)
ride my neighbors harley cuz he doesnt ride it

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiebabe83
What I do when there is a known area of people no paying attention. I leave so extra room in front of me and i watch the car coming from behind. That way I have room to move up or out. JMO

thats what i do.
DanteLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 08:35 PM   #7
Ridn'1Raven
wheelies are da deble

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 5

Bike(s):
06' R1 Raven

I've had some close calls and when I do, I take a asp to their window and make them remember what could happen when you don't see or pay attention to a biker. I know it probably gives us a bad name but after that their looking for bikers, I'm almost positive. Of course I've never stuck around to ask them what they thought.

395408003uOihaN th440115441PDPVbn th2423715070098381328NlVSwW th
http://www.myspace.com/ridn1raven
Ridn'1Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 08:46 PM   #8
ysr612

Bike(s):
Transalp, DRZ, Hurricane

6 to 10% of all bike deaths are rear ends. That if I remember the sats right. Sort of makes you want to ride faster :eh:
ysr612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 08:57 PM   #9
Ridn'1Raven
wheelies are da deble

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 5

Bike(s):
06' R1 Raven

I once heard that 95% of all stats were made up 3% were stated incorrectly to favor ones arguement, and 2% were 100% wrong, but I don't know everything but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express.

395408003uOihaN th440115441PDPVbn th2423715070098381328NlVSwW th
http://www.myspace.com/ridn1raven
Ridn'1Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 08:59 PM   #10
DrunkMagnet
Banned

Bike(s):
2006 GSXR 1000, 2005 Ninja 636 ( TRACK )

Send a message via AIM to DrunkMagnet
User is banned

DrunkMagnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 09:29 PM   #11
Faylaricia
The Comtesse

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'02 Honda VFR800

A few weeks ago I stood at a traffic light and heard THAT dreaded noise of an accident. I looked to my left and the car right next to me had gotten rear ended by the car behind it.

Weird thing, both guys just kept sitting in their car and nobody got out or anything. I looked over at the guy next to me and he just looked back at me like nothing ever happened. Weird. :confused2 I took a right turn, so no idea what they did once they went across the intersection but it did make me think that it could've been me. Not a cool feeling.

Btw- that 350Z looked BAD! But, just shows that stupid is stupid and doesn't matter whether they ride bikes or drive cars, it can turn out bad either way if you overdoing it.
Old 04-12-2007, 09:33 PM   #12
NitroHonda
Deaf

Bike(s):
2006 GSX-R 1000k6
2003 Kawasaki ZX6R -- trackbike
2009 ZX14 -- STOLEN -- never recovered
2008 Hayabusa -- STOLEN -- frame recovered

Getting rear-ended is my biggest fear when I'm riding. I keep an eye on my mirror for nearly the entire duration that I'm at a stop light. I have to. I'm Deaf so it's not like I can hear a car approach or anything like that. Accidents happen.

Phew. How do you get pictures of the bike without talking to the guy? I would have ran up and made sure the guy was all right. Motorcyclists... we band... We band of motorcyclists.
NitroHonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 04:51 PM   #13
Knightrider

Bike(s):
2006 R6 Blue

the pics i have of the bike (and the 350z) were taken after the paramedics had taken them away...as for askin the biker if he was ok, when i got to the scene the ems were already there.

u were one once drunk magnet, if repos count lol
Old 04-13-2007, 05:27 PM   #14
matrix81

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2014 harley 48
2011 yamaha fz8
2013 VROD

Send a message via MSN to matrix81 Send a message via Yahoo to matrix81
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badzx14r
cell phone, ipod, mp3, hot chick walking, putting on make up, to old to see, fighting the kids, talking , smoking a joint, drinking, speeding, at boss, ect ect ect

thats true, :notworthy :notworthy :BangHead:
matrix81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 05:31 PM   #15
matrix81

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2014 harley 48
2011 yamaha fz8
2013 VROD

Send a message via MSN to matrix81 Send a message via Yahoo to matrix81
[QUOTE=NitroHonda]Getting rear-ended is my biggest fear when I'm riding. I keep an eye on my mirror for nearly the entire duration that I'm at a stop light. I have to. I'm Deaf so it's not like I can hear a car approach or anything like that. Accidents happen.

same problem getting rear ended is my biggest fear
matrix81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 06:43 PM   #16
Reidlos
"Share The TraCk Ya'LL"

Bike(s):
Crashed-GSX-R 750, Only CARS for Now

Send a message via AIM to Reidlos Send a message via MSN to Reidlos Send a message via Yahoo to Reidlos Send a message via Skype™ to Reidlos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badzx14r
cell phone, ipod, mp3, hot chick walking, putting on make up, to old to see, fighting the kids, talking , smoking a joint, drinking, speeding, at boss, ect ect ect
Exactly..

....If You Cant Fight Em Join Em, If You Can Convince Em Confuse Em....
a .Net Enthusiast
Reidlos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 01:44 AM   #17
Squeaky

Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
DL1000K3
XR400R

Member Garage

Send a message via ICQ to Squeaky Send a message via Yahoo to Squeaky
Also, for those of us that are vigilant at lights with mirror checks - give the brakes a tap-tap-tap when you see a car coming up behind you and think they're close enough to see you but still far enough back to stop in time. This is especially important if you're the only one at a light and/or at night when there are fewer cars on the road for them to be looking out for.
"Forget not that the Earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair." -Kahlil Gibran
Squeaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 04:22 AM   #18
Big Turkey
Strictly Performance

Bike(s):
06 Suzuki, 04 Cobra

Send a message via AIM to Big Turkey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightrider
So I was at work 2 days ago (ya sorry im a little slow at gettin this online lol) and run an accident at the heights and washington ave. the guy on the bike (Blue 06 R6) was hit from behind and then the car ran over him and the bike. the guy in the car, in my opinion, was to old to be driving. as for the biker, considering the situation and the way the bike looked he came out virtually unharmed. dont know about broken bones or anything like that but his clothes were still intact from what i could tell and movin around (after bike was taken off of him) he was one lucky guy...if anyone knows him or he is on this forum send me a pm please.

i got 2 pics of the bike and as soon as i get them on the computer i will post them...the bike is totaled

ps - off topic, but for those that watched the news this morning and saw the wrecked 350z, ya i was there too...got pics of that also
dude remind me not to ride with you.

Blower Only pass at HRP
Big Turkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 04:35 AM   #19
NitroHonda
Deaf

Bike(s):
2006 GSX-R 1000k6
2003 Kawasaki ZX6R -- trackbike
2009 ZX14 -- STOLEN -- never recovered
2008 Hayabusa -- STOLEN -- frame recovered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeaky
Also, for those of us that are vigilant at lights with mirror checks - give the brakes a tap-tap-tap when you see a car coming up behind you and think they're close enough to see you but still far enough back to stop in time. This is especially important if you're the only one at a light and/or at night when there are fewer cars on the road for them to be looking out for.
I do that. I also purchased something off eBay a few years ago for a bike I had at the time. A relay that flashed the brake lights 5 times everytime I grabbed the level.

I got a ticket and was ordered to remove it. Not street legal. ???????? What the hey? I do tap my lights on a regular basis. Almost everytime.
NitroHonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 05:32 PM   #20
Knightrider

Bike(s):
2006 R6 Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Turkey
dude remind me not to ride with you.
Y is that?