MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2007, 10:34 PM   #21
Princess
MH's ex fake mod

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
06 ZX-6R
09 Santa Cruz SL
Serotta Legend Ti

Send a message via AIM to Princess
Quote:
Originally Posted by arturo3rd
ive shopped for a new 2004 and new 2005 in souteast texas and Pasadena was the cheapest OTD.

2004 for $7900 and the 2005 was $8100 OTD.

In 06 they told me $8,875. I told them what another dealer(Texas City kawi) was doing and they would not budge on their price. i would have liked to have stayed there, and that's where I got approved, and took up some salesmans time. When I can get the same thing for $100's less though, I just can't say no to that.
Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need Help/Prices landon05 General Discussion (Moto Related) 1 01-21-2010 04:18 AM
gas prices JP171 Off Topic 7 02-17-2009 03:31 PM
motorcycle prices klassik General Discussion (Moto Related) 13 01-22-2009 10:07 PM
Akrapovic Prices bdubb Performance and Modifications 11 05-25-2007 02:41 PM
Look at these prices! ScooterTrash Cruisers Lounge 9 09-13-2006 05:45 PM
Advertisement
Old 04-12-2007, 11:35 PM   #22
jph1486

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
yzf600r(sold) 03 fiddy
zx6
zx10
kx250f

i went to tomball kawi and i liked them very friendly and prices seemed pretty fair too
Old 04-12-2007, 11:49 PM   #23
busa5225
glad to b here

Feedback Rating: (-1)

i didnt know 600's was so much i only give 10,180otd for my 07busa
busa5225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 12:19 AM   #24
SexualChocolate
JapLac on 22s

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
998CCs of KING KONG...

Send a message via AIM to SexualChocolate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanish Fly
Why do you say that about clearlake?
Clear Lake is a joke. The salesman did the same thing to me. Funny thing was all I needed was a price and I would have been set to upgrade to a 10R. He kept saying well you're going to pay MSRP and I kept saying well what is MSRP. I think as I pulled out my keys he saw my keychain and then got a little more serious, but I was heading out the door without anything they had in their inventory.

Call around and see. Highlands is supposed to have very very competitive pricing. But do not knock the underdogs at Texas City Kawasaki. Albert is the man to talk to over there and he can usually cut a pretty decent deal; plus their service department has been nothing but great for me (don't ever judge a book by its cover cause those old white guys can work some magic).

Riaz

mybanner4a260100b5617
SexualChocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 01:08 AM   #25
level5
moving chicane

Best deal you could find is on ebay with these out of state taxes. Buy one, shipped it home for additional $500 and install the windscreen, check fluids, and ride. You get the same warranty without the prep charges and other hidden fees.
level5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 01:10 PM   #26
arturo3rd
OG Sheriff/ Boss

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2015 HD Forty Eight

Quote:
Originally Posted by level5
Best deal you could find is on ebay with these out of state taxes. Buy one, shipped it home for additional $500 and install the windscreen, check fluids, and ride. You get the same warranty without the prep charges and other hidden fees.
then you got to pay the taxes when you get it registered with texas plates :BangHead:
Old 04-13-2007, 01:18 PM   #27
level5
moving chicane

Quote:
then you got to pay the taxes when you get it registered with texas plates :BangHead:
either way you have to pay taxes.
Old 04-13-2007, 01:24 PM   #28
arturo3rd
OG Sheriff/ Boss

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2015 HD Forty Eight

Quote:
either way you have to pay taxes.
so just keep it local and call every single dealer from Austin to Victoria to Dallas.

they have all the kawi dealers listed in texas on www.buykawasaki.com. thats what i did twice :eh:
Old 04-13-2007, 01:31 PM   #29
level5
moving chicane

Quote:
so just keep it local and call every single dealer from Austin to Victoria to Dallas.

they have all the kawi dealers listed in texas on www.buykawasaki.com. thats what i did twice :eh:
Everyone wants low OTD prices, this is the only way to save $$$ from many hidden fees. Boost up the local economy, retain bike value, better customer service when time for service/warranty, BUY LOCAL.
Old 04-13-2007, 02:24 PM   #30
Princess
MH's ex fake mod

Bike(s):
06 ZX-6R
09 Santa Cruz SL
Serotta Legend Ti

Quote:
Everyone wants low OTD prices, this is the only way to save $$$ from many hidden fees. Boost up the local economy, retain bike value, better customer service when time for service/warranty, BUY LOCAL.

Yeah we saw what happened with me with customer service. **** staying local.
Old 04-13-2007, 02:31 PM   #31
wever411
Gunt Puncher

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 3 years

I thought it didn't matter where you bought it from. If you need warranty service, can't you take it to any authorized dealer?

Last edited by wever411; 04-13-2007 at 02:46 PM.
wever411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 02:33 PM   #32
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Feedback Rating: (11)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcomfynumero2
sv650

+1.
witchdoctor575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 02:49 PM   #33
Princess
MH's ex fake mod

Bike(s):
06 ZX-6R
09 Santa Cruz SL
Serotta Legend Ti

Quote:
Originally Posted by wever411
I thought it didn't matter where you bought it from. If you need warranty service, can't you take it to any authorized dealer?

Yeah, but if you bought it from that dealer they generally will take better care of you.
Old 04-13-2007, 04:44 PM   #34
Slowkat
Nutty Buddy

Send a message via AIM to Slowkat
"Mr. Fly realized he had an addiction...Coke wasn't getting the job done anymore so he turned to meth"
Old 04-13-2007, 05:25 PM   #35
Spanish Fly
Take me drunk, I'm home!!

Bike(s):
2003 SV650s (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowkat
"Mr. Fly realized he had an addiction...Coke wasn't getting the job done anymore so he turned to meth"
shooting it straight threw the veins!!!! feel the rush?!
Spanish Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 02:48 AM   #36
636cc of fury
37cc cheater no more

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):
2007 Honda CBR 600RR

Send a message via AIM to 636cc of fury
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherub
Why kawi have you ridden a yami, honda, suzuki? I wouldnt go with a name id go with what you feel comfortable on. Cause i was a die hard honda fan and said i wouldnt ride anything else, then i got my yami and it feels alot better to me.
Have you ever ridden a kawi?
636cc of fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 03:03 AM   #37
636cc of fury
37cc cheater no more

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):
2007 Honda CBR 600RR

Send a message via AIM to 636cc of fury
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_LS_Hatch
Why? My bike has been having problems with the headlight randomly going out since last May/June. I took it there(before Mancuso bought it) and they put a new relay in it. Went out on the way home. Took it back maybe two weeks later and Mancuso had bought them out. They replaced the relay after a MONTH. Went out on the way home. Took it back a few days later, but now the bike wouldn't hold a charge. I had laid it down at 5mph between services, so I paid for a rearset bracket that had broke up front and told them I would be putting it on myself. I check back with them every other day or so, and am told the part is ordered, it should be here *insert day here* So I call back on that day. . . nope, still not here. Finally the new relay gets there(after a MONTH, again) and then I'm told the tech traced it further and found the battery was bad. It would NOT be under warranty and that they had already replaced it. I was told it I wanted my bike back it would around $220 for work that was NEVER authorized. I was livid, but decided it that's what it took to get my bike back and away from them I'd eat it. Maybe 300 miles later the bike broke down on me on the way to work. I called them and told them, and they said they would come get it. Ok great. Oh yeah, it'll be $75. **** you, no it won't . . . so they come get it for free. It's there again, waiting on the relay for a month. Finally comes in, and now the tech says it's a bad voltage regulator. Wait on that for another 2 weeks. I finally got fed up with it and asked David(DAHORN) if i could go buy one with my own money and have them put it in. he said that was fine, so I PMed Patrick, and went and got one from him. The bike runs great now, with no problems, but it also took from May/June 06 until Febuary 07 to get it right. After I got the bike back and it quit breaking, I asked the new service guy about getting that $220 back. He said he would be able to work with me, so I went up there several times and talked to them about it, but to no avail. I have done my best to steer everyone I can talk to about them away from them, and have succeeded several times. Never in my life have I been lied to more or just been flat outshitted on by any company like that. The parts guy is great though, I'll go see him anytime. He knows about my situation, and does what he can to uhhh. . . help me out.

Screw cliff notes, paragraphs, or proofreading. I'm not being graded on it(Though usually I about those three things)
Clear Lake Kawasaki is a joke. The previous owner Steve was a real . I made the mistake of letting a friend ride my 2 month old 06 ZX6R and he fuct it up, so it was decided that Clear Lake Kawasaki would do the work to fix it and the ticket would be paid by my friend and not insurance (big mistake). While my bike was supposed to be in the shop I get a call from a friend whom I have not seen in a few weeks and he informs me that my bike was at his buddies garage (at his house) getting fixed. The repair consisted of a new frame, all new plastics, mirrors etc. . . After getting the bike back I took it Texas City Cycle and paid out of my pocket to have the entire bike checked over. They found a few things (bent lower triple tree, right hand control) that were not replaced and I had to pay for them. Then the bike went to Patrick to have the suspension tuned as it felt very off to me.

The rear had 52mm of sag:BangHead: , so everything was sorted the bike was fine, I was just that I had to pay out of pocket and also that the work was not done at the dealership, as well as me being out of a bike for about 2.5 months.

Before I could take legal actions the douche Steve sold the dealership to the current owners. I was in there the other day pricing bikes and I was not happy with how they approached me purchasing a new bike. Basically they had me fill out a paper stating "If terms are agreeable, then you will purchase a motorcycle today". I asked why does this need to be filled out if I am just pricing a new bike and they claimed it was standard procedure. So I filled it out to get a price, and I was unhappy with the price so I left, no biggie.

Two days ago I purchased an 07 ZX6R from Albert at Texas City Cycle and my experience so far could not be better. He gave me a better deal than all the other local dealer ships in the area and I would recommend them to anyone who wants a Kawasaki as they are good honest people with excellent mechanics on hand.
636cc of fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 03:21 AM   #38
NitroHonda
Deaf

Bike(s):
2006 GSX-R 1000k6
2003 Kawasaki ZX6R -- trackbike
2009 ZX14 -- STOLEN -- never recovered
2008 Hayabusa -- STOLEN -- frame recovered

Pasadena Kawasaki gets my vote. I remember an old man used to own that place and I HATED him! He was a . Then a few years ago someone else bought Pasadena Kawasaki. I think his name is Tom but I don't remember. Definely like this guy. He was an owner who dealt with my dad. My dad bought his 2005 Kawasaki ZRX1200 with 211 miles on the odometer for 6200 out the door at the end of 2005. A heckuva deal!

Not only that, my dad paid for this by taking a 'loan' out of his 401k plan. Basically, it takes about 6 weeks to get the money. The owner let him put 500 down and put a 'sold' tag on the bike. People kept trying to up him on the price for the bike but he stuck by his agreement with my dad even though he was supposedly getting higher offers.

For that, I have to give him props. My dad came back a few times and this guy took care of him. Adjusted his chain a few times without charging him. A real nice shop owner who seems to genuinely care about his customers. He also got a great price!

He was a happy customer from Pasadena Kawasaki.
NitroHonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 11:23 AM   #39
Princess
MH's ex fake mod

Bike(s):
06 ZX-6R
09 Santa Cruz SL
Serotta Legend Ti

Yep, we all bought our bikes from Texas City Kawasaki and none of us have any complaints whatsoever, from the sale to customer service afterwards. I asked about some prices at CL while my bike was being 'worked on'(I use that term loosely) and they were a complete joke. Horrible prices and even worse customer service, I don't see how they stay in business.

, I saw a few vehicles at CL that had been there since October of last year, and this was a week ago.
Old 04-14-2007, 12:55 PM   #40
FrAnKtheTaNk

Bike(s):
'07 zx6r

dont go to houston kawasaki. you wont get ripped off but at the same time you wont get that great of a deal. the salesperson i delt with was a complete , the only reason i bought my bike there was because it was the only one in houston.
FrAnKtheTaNk is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement