MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2007, 05:19 PM   #1
Spanish Fly
Take me drunk, I'm home!!

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2003 SV650s (sold)

Question Help on prices for new kawi????

How can i find good prices for a new 2007 kawi bike? Are all new bikes basically at a set price? Or is it cheaper to shop around? Is it cheaper in smaller areas/towns? any info is greatly appreciated
Spanish Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need Help/Prices landon05 General Discussion (Moto Related) 1 01-21-2010 04:18 AM
gas prices JP171 Off Topic 7 02-17-2009 03:31 PM
motorcycle prices klassik General Discussion (Moto Related) 13 01-22-2009 10:07 PM
Akrapovic Prices bdubb Performance and Modifications 11 05-25-2007 02:41 PM
Look at these prices! ScooterTrash Cruisers Lounge 9 09-13-2006 05:45 PM
Advertisement
Old 04-12-2007, 05:20 PM   #2
logan5

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
2001 SV 650 (my track ), 2005 SV 650s

Oh man ... you looking to upgrade already?
logan5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 05:21 PM   #3
Spanish Fly

Bike(s):
2003 SV650s (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by logan5
Oh man ... you looking to upgrade already?
Old 04-12-2007, 05:28 PM   #4
blackhalo

highlands kawi, if you plan on buying new. Best kawi dealer i have found for prices/service.
blackhalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 05:30 PM   #5
delinquent

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2007 Triumph Speed Triple

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to delinquent
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhalo
highlands kawi, if you plan on buying new. Best kawi dealer i have found for prices/service.
for real on that note!!
delinquent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 05:34 PM   #6
Cherub
FTP

Bike(s):
06 Raven R6

Member Garage

Send a message via MSN to Cherub Send a message via Yahoo to Cherub
Why kawi have you ridden a yami, honda, suzuki? I wouldnt go with a name id go with what you feel comfortable on. Cause i was a die hard honda fan and said i wouldnt ride anything else, then i got my yami and it feels alot better to me.
Cherub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 05:48 PM   #7
DanteLee
Sexy Dynamite

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
suzuki katana 96(sold)
honda cbr f4i 06 (sold)
ride my neighbors harley cuz he doesnt ride it

didnt you just get a bike like a month or 2 ago? be careful man dont wanna read about you later...... just my .02
DanteLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 05:50 PM   #8
1SMAR

Bike(s):
R6

Send a message via AIM to 1SMAR Send a message via Yahoo to 1SMAR
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanteLee
didnt you just get a bike like a month or 2 ago? be careful man dont wanna read about you later...... just my .02
ditto, be careful man!
1SMAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 06:09 PM   #9
Princess
MH's ex fake mod

Feedback Rating: (2)

Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
06 ZX-6R
09 Santa Cruz SL
Serotta Legend Ti

Send a message via AIM to Princess
Wait a while longer. Either Highlands or Texas City kawi. Whatever you do, NO NOT go to Clear lake Kawasaki. EVER.
Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 06:09 PM   #10
MANSON6

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2005 636

Down in San Antonio the prices on new 2007 zx6r are running about $8600 out the door, Dont know if you have found anything cheaper up in Houston. Back when I bought my 636 in March of 05 I paid $8000 out the door.
Old 04-12-2007, 06:10 PM   #11
BigComfy

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
SV1k (sold)
CRB6 Track Bike (sold)
Daytona 1200 (parted)
1st Gen FZ1 (sold)
1st Gen SV650 (sold)

Member Garage

wait a little longer like everyone else said. How many miles do you have under your belt now anyways?

You may want to go to the track and have a little fun on your current machine and see what you can do. My .02
Old 04-12-2007, 06:17 PM   #12
Mr. Unassailable
1-20-2013-Change we need

Feedback Rating: (6)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by delinquent
for real on that note!!
zx6 might be a good trade up from that 250.. ??
Old 04-12-2007, 06:19 PM   #13
BigComfy

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
SV1k (sold)
CRB6 Track Bike (sold)
Daytona 1200 (parted)
1st Gen FZ1 (sold)
1st Gen SV650 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayton Mnemonic
zx6 might be a good trade up from that 250.. ??
sv650
Old 04-12-2007, 06:20 PM   #14
wever411
Gunt Puncher

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 3 years

I tried to sell you my 500...it might have kept your interest a little longer than the 250.
wever411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 06:21 PM   #15
Tricki

Bike(s):
2005 Suzuki Gsxr 750 Anniversary

I've heard Pasadena Kawi was a good place to find a good deal. Though I've never been there personally.
Tricki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 08:06 PM   #16
Spanish Fly

Bike(s):
2003 SV650s (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_LS_Hatch
Wait a while longer. Either Highlands or Texas City kawi. Whatever you do, NO NOT go to Clear lake Kawasaki. EVER.
Why do you say that about clearlake?
I went to three places today and clear lake kawi was one of them. Right off the back, the guy seemed like he didn't even want to deal with me. I asked "how much the bike would be out the door?" and he responded by telling me "well how much do you want to spend?" What kind of sh^t is that? maybe he thought I don't have the money, or maybe he thought that i am just another mexican just window shopping who doesn't ride or even own a bike. When i asked him once again for the price, he quoted me 10,600 OTD. Little high considering I got a qoute of 9600 OTD somewhere else
Old 04-12-2007, 08:43 PM   #17
blackhalo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanish Fly
I went to three places today and clear lake kawi was one of them. Right off the back, the guy seemed like he didn't even want to deal with me. I asked "how much the bike would be out the door?" and he responded by telling me "well how much do you want to spend?" What kind of sh^t is that? maybe he thought I don't have the money, or maybe he thought that i am just another mexican just window shopping who doesn't ride or even own a bike. When i asked him once again for the price, he quoted me 10,600 OTD. Little high considering I got a qoute of 9600 OTD somewhere else
what bike are you looking at? 07 6r? If so you should be able to get it for msrp out the door at around 8800, Go to highlands... i just bought my new kawi and after buying my first from aj foyt(they suck), i went to highlands for my second and got the bike msrp out the door.
blackhalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 08:46 PM   #18
Cherub
FTP

Bike(s):
06 Raven R6

Member Garage

Send a message via MSN to Cherub Send a message via Yahoo to Cherub
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanish Fly
Im sure it wasnt just you bro, im sure those guys get alot of window shoppers. but still i know what you mean when you get a smart answer like that,.
Cherub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 10:29 PM   #19
Princess
MH's ex fake mod

Feedback Rating: (2)

Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
06 ZX-6R
09 Santa Cruz SL
Serotta Legend Ti

Send a message via AIM to Princess
Why? My bike has been having problems with the headlight randomly going out since last May/June. I took it there(before Mancuso bought it) and they put a new relay in it. Went out on the way home. Took it back maybe two weeks later and Mancuso had bought them out. They replaced the relay after a MONTH. Went out on the way home. Took it back a few days later, but now the bike wouldn't hold a charge. I had laid it down at 5mph between services, so I paid for a rearset bracket that had broke up front and told them I would be putting it on myself. I check back with them every other day or so, and am told the part is ordered, it should be here *insert day here* So I call back on that day. . . nope, still not here. Finally the new relay gets there(after a MONTH, again) and then I'm told the tech traced it further and found the battery was bad. It would NOT be under warranty and that they had already replaced it. I was told it I wanted my bike back it would around $220 for work that was NEVER authorized. I was livid, but decided it that's what it took to get my bike back and away from them I'd eat it. Maybe 300 miles later the bike broke down on me on the way to work. I called them and told them, and they said they would come get it. Ok great. Oh yeah, it'll be $75. **** you, no it won't . . . so they come get it for free. It's there again, waiting on the relay for a month. Finally comes in, and now the tech says it's a bad voltage regulator. Wait on that for another 2 weeks. I finally got fed up with it and asked David(DAHORN) if i could go buy one with my own money and have them put it in. he said that was fine, so I PMed Patrick, and went and got one from him. The bike runs great now, with no problems, but it also took from May/June 06 until Febuary 07 to get it right. After I got the bike back and it quit breaking, I asked the new service guy about getting that $220 back. He said he would be able to work with me, so I went up there several times and talked to them about it, but to no avail. I have done my best to steer everyone I can talk to about them away from them, and have succeeded several times. Never in my life have I been lied to more or just been flat outshitted on by any company like that. The parts guy is great though, I'll go see him anytime. He knows about my situation, and does what he can to uhhh. . . help me out.

Screw cliff notes, paragraphs, or proofreading. I'm not being graded on it(Though usually I about those three things)
Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 10:32 PM   #20
arturo3rd
OG Sheriff/ Boss

Bike(s):
2015 HD Forty Eight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricki
I've heard Pasadena Kawi was a good place to find a good deal. Though I've never been there personally.
ive shopped for a new 2004 and new 2005 in souteast texas and Pasadena was the cheapest OTD.

2004 for $7900 and the 2005 was $8100 OTD.

Advertisement