MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2007, 09:52 PM   #41
AliceInChains02

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
nada

Quote:
Originally Posted by nihaikitty
I have to disagree on this one. I've been through the whole drug scene and when I came to my senses I realized that most of them are just a waste of time, money, and lives. I was engaged to a meth addict and he made my life a big pile of . I've had friends killed over drugs. I've had my stuff pawned by friends for drugs. I, myself, have lied to friends and family over drugs (never stole, though...thats not how I roll). I've been ripped off, cheated on, stole from FOR DRUGS. I do have to admit, though, there are some people who are sacks of regardless of what they're smoking but the drugs magnify their dishonest personalities. One thing that I love about the campus I live on is that I don't have to EVER hear about ****ing drugs or druggies...it's drama free and wonderful and I LOVE IT. All of the previous aside, though, a company usually only drug tests their employees because the employees are performing functions that are better done sober (ie, driving work vehicles, operating machinery, computer work). Ok, maybe you practice a little recreational substance abuse at home in your free time. whatever. at least be smart enough to cover up your own tracks. I've never failed a drug test and I've been tested randomly tons of times. there are ways around the system, you know, and if you're not concerned enough about your job to figure them out then find a new one. /end of rant.
"When you get the message hang up the phone" says a lot for how I feel about drugs, although I do admit I habitually recreationally use cannabis, it's a vice, but it doesn't hinder me too much.
I agree some drugs are a complete waste of times, such as the mindless reward-system hijacking, dopamine draining drugs like coke/meth, etc. etc. and others. But like the legit pharmaceuticals, I think many drugs can serve various purposes, recreational to spiritual to psychological.
I agree that there are ways around the system, I was on probation for a while and spent many hours reading about drug tests. I cited this argument in the previous welfare/drugtest thread, that drugtesting welfare recipients might just help the whizzinator business out. Maybe it will help weed out the weaklings, but I know a lot of people are privvy to fake now.
AliceInChains02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Just heard on the radio, free NEW ZX-10 test rides?? NewRider General Discussion (Moto Related) 9 08-06-2011 01:16 PM
Free Typing Test DvlRacer Off Topic 22 08-09-2010 05:49 AM
MileTracking sig-pic. Get yours here free! (Test Version) Waerloga Off Topic 97 10-07-2008 07:54 PM
FREE TRIUMPH TEST RIDES FastLine Events, Meets and Rides 22 11-21-2005 11:28 PM
Advertisement
Old 04-12-2007, 09:52 PM   #42
AliceInChains02

Bike(s):
nada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moody
How did your statement address the goverment testing assisted living people?
I said I don't know how I feel about that situation, hence addressing it.
Old 04-12-2007, 09:54 PM   #43
pester
Black olives matter

Feedback Rating: (12)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2007 yamaha fz6
1998 yamaha wr 400 motard

Member Garage

but

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbersidedown
>> Urine test
>>
>> Like a lot of folks in this state, I have a job. I work, they pay me. I
>> pay my taxes and the government distributes my taxes as they see
>> fit. In order to get that paycheck, I am required to pass a random drug test,which I have no problem with. What I do have a problem with is the distribution of my taxes to people who don't have to pass the urine test. Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check, because I have to pass one to earn it for them.
>> Please understand, I have no problem with helping people
>> get back on their feet. I do, on the other hand, have a problem
with helping someone sit on their using my taxes to get high.
>> Could you imagine how much money the state would save if people had
to
>> pass a urine test to get a public assistance check.
is a loose loose situation. if they receive the check they dont work

if they dont receive the check, they steal our bikes, so excuse i need money to survive

they are already a low lifes and they will continue untill they end up in jail

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sickGixxer View Post
nevermind ima bumbass and ill get my wife 2 do it 2nite.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyt915 View Post
I know enough Spanish to stick you with a knife cabron
pester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 09:55 PM   #44
AliceInChains02

Bike(s):
nada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moody
Unless you are on prohbation and being watched while you pee then synthetic urine would be the easiest, healthiest and safest way to get around a test. Otherwise Certo taken 4 hours before testing works. So I have heard..... :laughing6
certo is VILE! i can't say how many times i've almost puked trying to gag that ooze down. i've read that one effective way of passing a test is to stop eating and hence lower your metabolism for a couple of days before the test, and then before you go to take it eat a big, greasy meal, but I don't know if that's true. i recommend fake pee.
Old 04-12-2007, 09:59 PM   #45
AliceInChains02

Bike(s):
nada

Quote:
Originally Posted by pester
is a loose loose situation. if they receive the check they dont work

if they dont receive the check, they steal our bikes, so excuse i need money to survive

they are already a low lifes and they will continue untill they end up in jail
maybe we should remodel our welfare system so that it's a lot more hands on, and not just some person at a desk with a questionaire. I remember seeing a guy on MSNBC who drove around of his own accord and got to know various homeless kids, and he'd chat with them and sort of act as a father-figure. It made me think if there were as many of those guys as there are social workers in that city, they'd probably have greater success in making a difference. Maybe showing people you really care, and it's not just your job speaks more to the person, I don't know. Conjecture. Irrelevant. /end rant
Old 04-12-2007, 11:00 PM   #46
nihaikitty
Squidette

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
'04 EX500
'08 SV650

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceInChains02
well, like i said, it varies from user to user. there are good alcoholics, and there are good meth heads. i shared a room in rehab with a couple of meth heads, got to know them real well. one of them read one of my Dickens books and a couple of others. He was a real intelligent guy, 38 year old and looked 20. Had been a meth addict for many years, and coke before that. Another guy was about 50, sort of goofy, but a nice, honest guy. Neither one of them were thieves, or bad people. You might not trust my judgement due to the fact they are druggies and people all have dark sides, but we went through a lot and I think I had a good feel for how they were. Needless to say the meth addiction ate them up, and I hate the drug personally, but it's not always so black and white, and in my experience alcoholics can be just as bad as meth heads.
All people have the potential to be good....after all, they are human too...but meth brings out the worst in anyone who abuses it. I've never met a person on meth who was honest. NEVER. I love my ex fiance to death but he just wouldnt get off of the drugs and spent most of my college money on meth. WHY DO YOU THINK IM SO POOR?!
anyways, When you're on meth, you don't care if you have to kill your mom for money- you would do it for more crystal.
Old 04-12-2007, 11:09 PM   #47
AliceInChains02

Bike(s):
nada

Quote:
Originally Posted by nihaikitty
All people have the potential to be good....after all, they are human too...but meth brings out the worst in anyone who abuses it. I've never met a person on meth who was honest. NEVER. I love my ex fiance to death but he just wouldnt get off of the drugs and spent most of my college money on meth. WHY DO YOU THINK IM SO POOR?!
anyways, When you're on meth, you don't care if you have to kill your mom for money- you would do it for more crystal.
I think meth probably has a greater probability in making someone crazy, but I have met decent people who were users. It's not a drug that you will see many casual users though, and I agree that it's extremely addictive, but I still think alcohol has that same potential to make someone crazy, it's just not reached as often and the kinds of craziness differ since one you're being overloaded with thoughts/emotions/delusions, and are lacking sleep probably, and the other you're being underloaded with thoughts/emotions.
People don't care about a lot when they're drunk either, they're just rendered listless by the inebriation.
Old 04-13-2007, 08:12 AM   #48
A303

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
00 929rr(sold)/01 929rr

Send a message via AIM to A303
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceInChains02
I think meth probably has a greater probability in making someone crazy, but I have met decent people who were users. It's not a drug that you will see many casual users though, and I agree that it's extremely addictive, but I still think alcohol has that same potential to make someone crazy, it's just not reached as often and the kinds of craziness differ since one you're being overloaded with thoughts/emotions/delusions, and are lacking sleep probably, and the other you're being underloaded with thoughts/emotions.
People don't care about a lot when they're drunk either, they're just rendered listless by the inebriation.

Would it be considered crazy if i got drunk and told my friends to throw darts in my arm?
July 25, 1977 - April 22, 2007
You will be missed.
A303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 12:22 PM   #49
AliceInChains02

Bike(s):
nada

Quote:
Originally Posted by A303
Would it be considered crazy if i got drunk and told my friends to throw darts in my arm?
Yeah, I'd say so.

Advertisement