MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2014, 10:16 AM   #21
Jae
Kilted Basterd

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
Naked Sprint
Russian POS
Angry Max/Tub
Pile o' Hyosungs

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdy76 View Post
You know ... its a good possibility . My vents stay open all the time because its normally fricken hot ... or my shield is fogging up so the vents just stay open. Never really thought about that. Plus I had an issue (which Patrick @ Motorcycles Unlimited fixed) with the quick connect system on the CL-16 and the shield has never really sealed that well. Never bothered me till the rain that day. I never planned for it to be anything but a starter helmet ... just never really played with it to adjust. Now that it will be a back up .... I plan on playing around with it.
Yeah, don't know what to tell you. I have a CL-16 I wear in the rain and have never had a problem with it. I do love the pin-lock shield when it's wet/cold/foggy though, never had a better shield when it comes to NOT fogging up.
Jae is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ready for the rain? Rain suit jimrad Gear Talk 6 08-30-2011 10:39 AM
Rain-X on your helmet screen grsa General Discussion (Moto Related) 41 01-18-2011 10:02 PM
"Rain Rain Check" 8/16/09 Sunday Morning - *SHNF TRAILS* Dualsport/Motard/Dirtbike PimpDaub Events, Meets and Rides 33 08-17-2009 01:34 PM
Rain-X problem for buddys helmet AhmadHasib General Discussion (Moto Related) 10 01-12-2006 08:57 PM
Advertisement
Old 04-29-2014, 10:35 AM   #22
Rowdy76

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2013 Kawi Ninja 300 ABS

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jae View Post
Yeah, don't know what to tell you. I have a CL-16 I wear in the rain and have never had a problem with it. I do love the pin-lock shield when it's wet/cold/foggy though, never had a better shield when it comes to NOT fogging up.
It's all good ... I have the pin lock that came with the clear shield .. Never put it on because I rarely ride at night. My dark smoke does not have the pinlock.

It will serve as a good back up to my new rpha10 that should be here this week.
Rowdy76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 06:25 PM   #23
tustah

Bike(s):
2008 GSX-R750

My Shoei GT-Air holds up fine in the rain.
tustah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 09:02 AM   #24
edgarf23

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
1993 Harley Sportster XLH1200
2007 Honda VFR 800

Def been in the rain a few times. My current helmet it a HJC-RPS10 Patriot and once i closed the top vents had no leak issues at all. Now with that being said i was surprised how well certain bikes are built regarding air flow. Once i tucked behind the Double Bubble and squeezed my legs in on the tank and with the tips of my toes on the pegs my legs weren't even getting wet. The VFR's fairing just flowed the rain around me and yes speed did help.
edgarf23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement